OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

[color=navy][font=Comic Sans MS]InuYasha is the 1st anime that i watched. i love it cause it has a good story and call me a romantic but i wanna see InuYasha be w/ Kagome. I don't really like Kikyo. And i wanna see Sango be w/ Miroku, but that would be hard cause he is a really big lady's man :2women: They should take off the Big-O cause, in my opinion it is a Batman/Gundum remake.[/font][/color]
[font=Comic Sans MS][color=#000080][/color][/font]
[color=#000080][COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Try not to get into the habit of using abbreviations, shikon. I understand you're new, but we try and encourage full use of English at OB ^_~ Be sure to read the [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?]Rules[/URL] -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b][/color]

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='maikiratori]LOL!! I agree, Big O [I]is[/I'] a Batman/Gundam remake, but it's really really funny!! I absolutely love it... Steven J Blum does a great job as the voice for Roger Smith! It's really funny!![/quote]

Maikirotori could you please stick to the topic of the thread I do believe there is a Big O thread here somewhere.

Anyways I can't wait till the new ep's of Inu Yasha come out in April I'm just mad at how they will divide up the shows changing the line up and adding shows some people may not want to see. I am still trying to figure out the relationship between Inu Yasha and Kagome. It always seems when something romantic is about to happen with them either Kagome says something wrong or Inu Yasha does something arrogant.

I hope that they also do something about Koga he is a real mood ruiner and doesn't take the picture that Kagome doesn't like him and sometimes just uses him to make Inu Yasha mad.

[QUOTE=Inuyasha7271]Maikirotori could you please stick to the topic of the thread I do believe there is a Big O thread here somewhere.

Anyways I can't wait till the new ep's of Inu Yasha come out in April I'm just mad at how they will divide up the shows changing the line up and adding shows some people may not want to see. I am still trying to figure out the relationship between Inu Yasha and Kagome. It always seems when something romantic is about to happen with them either Kagome says something wrong or Inu Yasha does something arrogant.

I hope that they also do something about Koga he is a real mood ruiner and doesn't take the picture that Kagome doesn't like him and sometimes just uses him to make Inu Yasha mad.[/QUOTE]:sweat: Heh, heh... Sorry... By the way you should try to use proper grammer... it's Anyway...not anyways... I like the new line up... Of coarse I don't have to stay up late or anything because I have sattelite... Do you not like any of the new shows (Witch Hunter Robin)? I do have to agree though, Koga is a bit of a ruiner of the mood type. But you have to give him points for trying.. I mean at least he's persistant.

I seriously hate this thread. >_<

Listen carefully, [i]mes amis[/i]. Queen Asuka and I have edited/deleted at [i]least[/i] four or five posts in the last page alone, and it would be nice if the quality of the discussion finally started to improve. I'm sure that all of you are reasonably intelligent people, so implementing my suggestions shouldn't be too difficult.

1. Write clearly and coherently, using correct grammar and punctuation at all times.

2. Don't get off-topic. We have plenty of threads for talking about anime like Big O and Witch Hunter Robin; you [i]cannot[/i] discuss those shows here unless you plan on comparing them to Inuyasha.

3. Lastly, refrain from correcting each other's spelling, capitalization, etc. That sort of thing should be left to the mods.

Feel free to PM me if you have any comments or questions. Thank you very much. ^_^

~Dagger~

[COLOR=red][SIZE=1] I like Inu Yasha! I don't love it though. I think it has a good plot and the characters each have their own personality ((Miroku being my favorite - IM not weird ~.~)) Did you see the april fools thing that they did? All the characters had mustaches! it was hilarious![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='maikiratori]But right now I'm writing a fanfic involving Inu's Father and I need his name... I've given him the generic 'youkai' for his name until I can actually find his name but I can't find it anywhere and I've been looking for a [I]very[/I'] long time!![/quote]

According to fanon, Inuyasha's father's name is Inutaisho. Of course, this can be no more reliable than the widely held belief that Kurama (from Yu Yu Hakusho) worships the fox god--or goddess, depending on your sources--called Inari.

But since you're writing fanfiction, "Inutaisho" is definitely your best bet. Some people think of it as borderline canon, and using it would certainly be easier than simply making up some random name.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]According to fanon, Inuyasha's father's name is Inutaisho. Of course, this can be no more reliable than the widely held belief that Kurama (from Yu Yu Hakusho) worships the fox god--or goddess, depending on your sources--called Inari.

But since you're writing fanfiction, "Inutaisho" is definitely your best bet. Some people think of it as borderline canon, and using it would certainly be easier than simply making up some random name.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=red]I don't know about the Kurama thing (( Im pretty sure thats not accurate)), but I've heard people come up with weird names for Inu Yasha's father. Its either that they don't like his real name so they made one up, or they really don't know and made one up.[/size][/color]

[QUOTE=Dagger IX1]According to fanon, Inuyasha's father's name is Inutaisho. Of course, this can be no more reliable than the widely held belief that Kurama (from Yu Yu Hakusho) worships the fox god--or goddess, depending on your sources--called Inari.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]
Well thanks, I really do appriciate this.. I think this Inutaisho name is probably the closest I'm ever going to get to Inu's and Sesshy's father's name... I really needed it.. My fanfic has been on pause for about 6 or 7 months now because I was making no progress with the 'youkai' name I had been using... I was just starting to think I should scrap the story. If anyone is interested in reading it IM me and I'll send it to you after I've edited it from 'youkai' to 'Inutaisho'
Thanks again everyone!!

Has anyone else seen the first and second movies? My friend's anime crazy aunt downloaded the second one off the internet (don't ask me, I have no idea how), and as a resault, the sound is messed. It's hysterically amusing to hear shippo's voice coming out out of Inuyasha! and the thing in the picture booth! ha! That movie is amusing. but my favorite character from the 2 is Moth Man! (Menomaru) He has got to be my favorite character!

[quote name='bobbybob942']yeah but i like moth man too i saw them both "kagome do you have that thing what thing ya know that thing ah pulls out ramen kagome boil water inuyasha sit down sitsitsit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit sit" inuyasha was twelve feet under[/quote]

Honey, this is [i]totally[/i] unreadable. Posts which the mods cannot decipher will be treated as spam and promptly deleted; please private message me if you have any questions about our policies. OtakuBoards places a strong emphasis on post quality, so you will find that we enforce the rules quite strictly. Reading them may help you to improve.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Angel_Kagome_2'] Kikyo should not try and break them up. Even though she wants Inuyasha to be with her. Kikyo doesn't desurve Inuyasha. How Kagome can cope with Kikyo being on Inuyasha's mind all the time is beyond me. They are the perfect couple, Inuyasha and Kagome. :love:[/quote]

Well, if you remember right, [spoiler]Naraku betrayed both Inuyasha and Kikyo 50 years ago. Kikyo died.[/spoiler] Saying that kikyo should not break Kagome and Inuyasha up, and also saying that she doesn't deserve him is a bit harsh. Don't you think?

Inuyasha is torn between the two. [spoiler]Kagome is the reincarnation of Kikyo, you know.[/spoiler] He finds so many similarities between the two, but also many differences as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, I LOVE Inuyasha, but haven't seen all the episodes, and frankly, don't know much about it. Could anyone tell [spoiler]who that dragon pinned to the tree is in the end credits for the first season?[/spoiler] And some up everything that has happened up to the episode where [spoiler]Inuyasha is framed for killing Kouga's wolf tribe be that evil lady created by Naraku?[/spoiler] Please and Thankyou! ^^

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Added [spoiler] tags. Be mindful that not everyone else might know what's going to happen next and may not want to until they see the episodes. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Inuyasha is the best!!!Im hooked on Inuyasha.(even though many would call me too chibi to watch it)I don't know why all the girls that watch Inuyasha(including me)are in love with Sesshomarou!I think it's his long cute hair! :love2: Inuyasha is the king of all anime!he shall rule the anime world!!!!!*evil laugh*is there any one else hear that is in love with someone from that anime?!? :blush:

I am in love with Inu Yasha (The show not the guy) One night i was up late on the computer and when i realised that it was about 11:00 so i went up stairs to go to bed and realised that i had left my t.v. on and all of a sudden i heard some cool music so i went to my room and heard the lyrics "Change the world" and after listening to the full song i said " this song rocks" so i turned down the volume as to not wake up my mother in the next room and sat down to watch the show. after the show I sat there jaw open and the only words that i could mutter was "wow" and i have been watching the show every friday and reading the comics since that date. Now as my name might show my favorite character is Shippou the spunky little fox demon and if anyone can find me an avatar of him i will be eternaly grateful to you. I would also very much appreciate any cool pics from Inu Yasha (preferably of Shippou).

Just for the record i am not one of the fans because of mainstreaming. i had been reading the comics of Inuyasha and Ranma1/2 for a long time so please do not think of me as one of those mainstream fans

[COLOR=Navy]I appreciate the length of your post, Shippou, but [i]please[/i] add some more commas and periods. That entire paragraph is basically one giant run-on sentence with only nominal amounts of punctuation. Also, if you'd like to ask for a specific avatar, head over to the "Art by Request" subforum.

Thank ye kindly. ^_^

~Dagger~[/COLOR]

[quote name='AngelofDesire']This is insane, Inuyasha has been on forever yet they are continuosly changing the times,,,what is that..X_X :flaming:[/quote]

New episodes will be airing in just a couple of weeks. If you want to comment on Cartoon Network's schedule, please take a look at the "television line-ups" thread, which is stickied for members' personal convenience.

Anyway, your reply contributes almost nothing to this discussion. In the future, try saying something about the actual show--which is after all the main topic of the thread. Feel free to PM me or one of the other moderators for advice on how to improve your post quality, but that's a step you should take only after reviewing OtakuBoards' rules.

Have a nice day. ^_^

~Dagger~

Konnichiwa! Inu Yasha rox. yay! ^_^ I like the songs! But I kinda DON'T like my will because I can't remember the melody. ._.; Kagome's cool! DOWN WITH KIKYO! *screams in fury* the animation's good, good music (I AM IS THE COOLEST!), GOOD STORY, GOOD CHARACTERS. bad things: SHIPPO'S ENGLISH VOICE. *barfs* so annoying. Actually,I don't like ANY of the english voices.It's so...BLAH. let's see...
awesome movies. I wanna see hte 3rd one! >_< I found the soundtrack at my local anime store/source, but...$15?!?! (a bootleg too...) The manga's ultra sugoi! Too bad my friend doesn't feel the same way...=( Rumiko Takashahi's awesome.
Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, etc... I'm kinda disppointed with how slow the english version is coming out. They should have a channel for subbys and a channel with dubs, for kids. Just last week (and this week too...), they started showing old eppys again! so =P!! well, that's all I have to say. Ja!

Guest darkkikyo
[COLOR=Red]Red[/COLOR] Inuyasha is a very good Anime the songs are great the charecters are awesome especially Inuyasha :love: I hate it when people make fun of hate Kikyo :flaming: Kikyo is awesome!!! :D Inuyasha rules!!! :babble:

[color=hotpink][size=1]Please work on your post quality and make your sentences concise. You went from one idea to another in one very long run-on sentence. Please observe our rules from now on. Thank you. *QA*[/color][/size]

Guest gendou ikari
I would have to disagree with nearly everyone here. Inu-yasha, while a good anime in the first couple episodes, just repeates,theres no real character buildup eathier.I do not meen offence to anyone or any Inu fanatics but, please dont go blabbering about how Inu-Yasha is the best anime of all time or how Inu-Yasha has revoloutinised Anime as we know it or something stupid like that,please keep in mind that I mean no offense but am merely trying to open your eyes to better,more unreppetitive animes;However,I do enjoy the manga of Inu-Yasha.(got vol.1-vol.16 but thats not to say its my favorite,I have vol.1-13 of Love Hina and vol.1-8 of Neon Genisis Evangelion, for example)I also think the voice acting is not well thought out and nor is the directing. (there are obvious loop holes in the plot) I have only seen about 20 episodes though so I may or may not know, what the hell i'm talking about. :D

[QUOTE=Sakura Kinomoto]Konnichiwa! Inu Yasha rox. yay! ^_^ I like the songs! But I kinda DON'T like my will because I can't remember the melody. ._.; Kagome's cool! DOWN WITH KIKYO! *screams in fury* the animation's good, good music (I AM IS THE COOLEST!), GOOD STORY, GOOD CHARACTERS. bad things: SHIPPO'S ENGLISH VOICE. *barfs* so annoying. Actually,I don't like ANY of the english voices.It's so...BLAH. let's see...
awesome movies. I wanna see hte 3rd one! >_< I found the soundtrack at my local anime store/source, but...$15?!?! (a bootleg too...) The manga's ultra sugoi! Too bad my friend doesn't feel the same way...=( Rumiko Takashahi's awesome.
Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, etc... I'm kinda disppointed with how slow the english version is coming out. They should have a channel for subbys and a channel with dubs, for kids. Just last week (and this week too...), they started showing old eppys again! so =P!! well, that's all I have to say. Ja![/QUOTE]

You rule, Sakura Kinomoto! I hate Kikyo! Hi Dagger I'm back! I'm ready to conquer all who like Kikyo. I HATE :flaming: her! Anyway, I've been writing my own Inuyasha/Kagome fanfic. It's turned out to be really good. Kagome gets kidnapped alot and Inuyasha saves her alot. They fall in love even more and they actually admit how they feel about eachother. Although I love the english voices compared to the japanese ones, I hate how they change there voices in movies. If they change Inuyasha's or Kagome's voice for that matter, I will scream and go on a rampaige, RIOT inthe streets and a tare the head off the producer of the movie. :laugh:

[quote name='Angel_Kagome_2']You rule, Sakura Kinomoto! I hate Kikyo! Hi Dagger I'm back! I'm ready to conquer all who like Kikyo. I HATE :flaming: her! Anyway, I've been writing my own Inuyasha/Kagome fanfic. It's turned out to be really good. Kagome gets kidnapped alot and Inuyasha saves her alot. They fall in love even more and they actually admit how they feel about eachother. Although I love the english voices compared to the japanese ones, I hate how they change there voices in movies. If they change Inuyasha's or Kagome's voice for that matter, I will scream and go on a rampaige, RIOT inthe streets and a tare the head off the producer of the movie. :laugh:[/quote]
Why do you hate Kikyo so much? She's just misunderstood... I don't [I]like[/I] her, but I don't [I]hate[/I] her either. Kikyo was hurt just as much as anyone else, and yet she seems to get all the blame... All of the Kikyo haters make me pity her even more because the Kikyo haters do not wish to see her as another victim of Naraku's plans... After all Sango would have turned out to be evil if it hadn't been for Kagome and InuYasha... I don't think you should get so violent and 'tare the head off the producer' just because they changed the voices. One, I don't think that will happen because the show is still in production here in the US, so the same VA's will probably be playing the same parts, on the other hand, the movies may not be covered under their contracts and the voices might [I]have[/I] to change.

[quote name='gendou ikari']I would have to disagree with nearly everyone here. Inu-yasha, while a good anime in the first couple episodes, just repeates,theres no real character buildup eathier.I do not meen offence to anyone or any Inu fanatics but, please dont go blabbering about how Inu-Yasha is the best anime of all time or how Inu-Yasha has revoloutinised Anime as we know it or something stupid like that,please keep in mind that I mean no offense but am merely trying to open your eyes to better,more unreppetitive animes;However,I do enjoy the manga of Inu-Yasha.(got vol.1-vol.16 but thats not to say its my favorite,I have vol.1-13 of Love Hina and vol.1-8 of Neon Genisis Evangelion, for example)I also think the voice acting is not well thought out and nor is the directing. (there are obvious loop holes in the plot) I have only seen about 20 episodes though so I may or may not know, what the hell i'm talking about. :D[/quote]
I do agree, Inu Yasha does tend to repeat after a little, but there is enough variation in between the repeating parts so no one gets tired of the show. I know that only a few people posting on this topic are saying things like InuYasha has revolutionized anime or that InuYasha is the [I]best[/I] anime to have ever been created. I myself favor InuYasha more than others, but I know that it's deffenately not the best anime out there. I've already come across many that have better animation or a thicker plot. There are plot holes, but when are there not plot holes, even tiny ones? Honestly, no matter how good any anime you can think of, is, there are bound to be plot holes or some other oddity that one comes across. I like many different manga and I am on my way to owning three different (complete) series, but that doesn't mean that they're my favorite. I don't think anyone would think that the InuYasha manga you own would be your favorite... I have more Ranma 1/2 manga than I have of Ruroni Kenshin (my fave) or Chobbits (2nd fave).

[QUOTE=Sakura Kinomoto]Konnichiwa! Inu Yasha rox. yay! ^_^ I like the songs! But I kinda DON'T like my will because I can't remember the melody. ._.; Kagome's cool! DOWN WITH KIKYO! *screams in fury* the animation's good, good music (I AM IS THE COOLEST!), GOOD STORY, GOOD CHARACTERS. bad things: SHIPPO'S ENGLISH VOICE. *barfs* so annoying. Actually,I don't like ANY of the english voices.It's so...BLAH. let's see...
Ranma 1/2, Maison Ikkoku, etc... I'm kinda disppointed with how slow the english version is coming out. They should have a channel for subbys and a channel with dubs, for kids. Just last week (and this week too...), they started showing old eppys again! so =P!! well, that's all I have to say. Ja![/QUOTE]

I also must agree with Sakura. Kikyo is one of the worst charactars. She is not interesting in any way and I cannot understand what inuyasha sees in her but Kagome now there is a girl who accually does something. As for the music I AM is my favorite one and DEEP FOREST is my least favorite and what did did happen to shippou's english voice. Pretty much all the dubbings are crapy. I guess that's all for now. Ow and i would like to thank dagger on his advice on making posts.

Guest gendou ikari
[quote name='maikiratori][I]best[/I'] Honestly, no matter how good any anime you can think of, is, there are bound to be plot holes or some other oddity that one comes across.[/quote]

I would also have to disagree with you. In Evangelion, Since the plot is somewhat based apoin the bible,there can be no loop holes.

Nor are their loopholes in Rahxephon, or Kenshin, their are only a select few anime's that have loopholes, because the editors take responsibility for ensuring that their are no loopholes.

Inuyasha, that is my favorite anime to date as of exactly 14 months, 5 days from today. The first time I saw Inuyasha was on Cartoon Network and the dubbing immediately annoyed me for some odd reason. Then I went overseas and saw some fansubs, and now every time I watch it on TV I try very hard not to mutilate whatever unfortunate thing happens to be in my hand at that time. The animation, after the first hundred episodes, takes a horrible turn. Even before that, it wasn't as good as, say what I would consider above average. But the plot is good, and it has a taste of Takahashi's genius for character development and plot, but goes onto WAY too many tangents (this whole post sounds like a copy of something I put somewhere else...oh well) that necessary. But I love the music. It fits the show really well and I've downloaded about all the songs. Change the World used to be my favorite but now it's after Four Seasons, by Namie Amuro (I'm pretty sure) which is one of the songs for the third movie and is my favorite song EVER. I can never get tired of it, even after hours and hours. The humor is pretty slapstick but that's what I like about it. The anime makes the viewers pine over the Inuyasha/ Kagome relationship more than the manga, but I'm okay with that just because I'm a sucker for any type of fluff. Isn't it odd I don't read much shoujo?? Whatever. :p

--BLUE

[QUOTE=gendou ikari]I would also have to disagree with you. In Evangelion, Since the plot is somewhat based apoin the bible,there can be no loop holes.

Nor are their loopholes in Rahxephon, or Kenshin, their are only a select few anime's that have loopholes, because the editors take responsibility for ensuring that their are no loopholes.[/QUOTE]
Well, there are many things I could say to the Evangelion remark, but I will be nice and bite my tounge. I do not wish to get into another one of those "Battle Of The Religions" arguments that seem to follow me everywhere. (As if they know I don't believe in [I]organized[/I] religion.) I can't say much for Rahxephon, because up until I read your post, I'd never even heard of it. As for Kenshin, I've spotted a few, but seeing as I haven't slept in 32 hours, I'm having a hard time coming up with any examples... Besides, we're s'possed to be talking about InuYasha, not Kenshin... Oh well...

[quote name='Shippou']I also must agree with Sakura. Kikyo is one of the worst charactars. She is not interesting in any way and I cannot understand what inuyasha sees in her but Kagome now there is a girl who accually does something. [/quote]
I still am not seeing what's so bad with Kikyo. I know she's not really the nicest character in the series, but she does serve her purpose, and that is to create an obsticle for the love between Kagome and InuYasha to conqure, so their love will grow deeper and stronger. And for InuYasha to become stronger as a person, because he's learned from his experiances with Kikyo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dreamerstar
I do think you're right in some places about Inuyasha not being the best anime out there. Rurouni Kenshon is my fave, but Inuyasha by far occupies my time the most. The fact that Cartoon Network moves it around a lot really POs me. Inuyasha is quite long, and most of the time I sit there thinking "What the?!" It really should show why Inuyasha is still interested in Kikyo sooner and have have a less stretched-out plot.
All in all, though, it really sparks my interest and I can't wait for the next episode after I watch it. Good music, and good characters. After a frustrating year of trying to see the whole story without missing any episodes, I've taken a vow to buy the entire series (Including the movies) and watch it whenever I feel like it (Just to be that immature!)