OtakuBoards

Inu Yasha

Deedlit

Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which girl will Inu-Yasha pick?

[COLOR=royalblue][FONT=century gothic][SIZE=1] Wow found the inuyasha thread buried back on page 4...Ofcourse I know people can only "Discuss" The inuyasha-kagome-kikyo love triangle so much :p

Well anywho I just wanted to comment on last nights episode. It was pretty interesting and ofcourse sense it included sessy it was great :D

The 2 intresting things happened last night...For one kagura deepened as a character for me. Up until now shes been for the most part a pretty 2 dimensonal villianess but this episode really showed how shes almost imprisoned by naraku and desperatly wishes for her freedom. I actually caught myself for a moment feeling sorry for her.

And the fact that shes trying to enlist [spoiler]Sessy to kill naraku for her should be interesting...Im betting on sessy on that battle :devil: [/spoiler]

The second thing is that they revealed[spoiler]Just like inuyasha Naraku also weakens under the new moon. It should be interesing to see how/if this weakness of his could be exploited[/spoiler]

All and all im really looking forward to the next episode. This series amazes me that it just seems to keep getting better and better. :cool: [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

• Replies 996
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, YTV is only in Canada. I know you can get it in Ontario but not Quebec. It's basically the only gateway to anime I have so I value it greatly. Inuyasha is a pretty good anime, probably one of the longest I know of. The music isn't bad, but Fukai Mori is my favorite. The battles are good, and lot's of blood, gotta have blood. But most of all, I enjoy watching Miroku cop a feel then get beaten for it. Very amusing. If you want to find out who does the voices of Inuyasha and most every other anime, got to [url]www.tvtome.com[/url]. It has the lo down on a ton of shows.

I lvoe inuyasha. its teh best show ever. i love it. the one on last night suprised me. i was shocked. Kagura wanted Naraku dead. i mean one of his comrads dipises him. But i love inuyahsa. ive seen almost every episode. its getting really interesting. The music is awesome and its really funny too.

I read a little of the manga a while ago, but....

:mad: *Commence the Annoyed Rant*

I'll probably get plenty of hate-mail, but this series is waaaaay to stupid now. The first 20 eps. of the first season were good, but now its always the same freaking thing; hordes of demons, Inu-yasha slicing them all with his claws, then some annoying pre-fight dialouge with some demon lord (and I mean VERY annoying. After finding out Richard Cox was the VO of Ranma, I don't want to see one episode :mad: ...) that was almost dragged straight out of DBZ. Please, people. Spend you're time reading or watching Ranma 1/2, Rumiko's BEST work. It's WAY better than this. Or actually, spend your money on the 1st season, the only part of this show worth watching without being bored to death by the same thing over and over.

Plus, the VO's are too overenthisiastic (except for Miroku's VO, the only good one). I want to watch a demon fight other demons, not have relentless "you're a dog...haha!" taunts flung around a battlefield in bad English dub-overs, then have the annoying schoolgirl with her dimwit fox-like pet telling Inu-yasha to be careful, because he has the super-ultra powerful "jewel shards" in his body and the shards will turn him into a giant beetle or something that Inu-yasha can just Wind Scar the thing all to hell. You should just Wind Scar the thing to begin with, not taunt it, get hit, taunt it some more and win. ARRGH! :flaming:

*Terminates Ranting* :eek:

Inuyasha is very good. But it does have its flaws in the beginning. I mean Kagome is just too plain of a girl. She likes Inuyasha why doesn't she just say it. Her personality makes you think she would. You know. Oh well. Shippo, Miroku, and Sesshomoru are the best. In the Japanese version I hate inuyasha's voice. It sounds like a nagging kid. English is much more tolerable. Kagome's voice does in a way go with her school girl personality though. Later on in the episodes it gets good. And the characters start to develop a lot. I like every song except Change the world.

I dont really have trouble with that song. Its not one if the best, obviously, but Id still say that I like it. I love the series though, thats for sure. I like the english dub in this one too, its better than the subtitles, and i think the orignal Japanese voice acting was bad, not one of the worst, but if I have the choice, Im going with the english dubbed version.

Guest SessSlave
[quote name='Flipmodesquad']THE SERIES ARE GREAT lol anyone here watch it????? OH and by the way anyone love the music???? I love the music lol the begininng song is change the world by V6. V6 is a japanese pop group lol and other songs are sung by Do as infinity and BoA and OTHER JPOP stars lol.[/quote]
[COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=RoyalBlue]I love inuYasha! I love the songs too, except for dearest. I think InuYasha and SesshouMaru are so kawaii! :love: [/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#503F86]SessSlave and DarkMark- please try and make sure your posts have as much detail as you can put into them- they're close to being spam at the moment.

You might need to include more information as to which episode it was DarkMark (e.g. which it came after, what night it was), in order for people to help more. If people see the post tomorrow, you'll get the wrong episode summary.[/COLOR]

Shoot, Ive missed the last week of this as I was at the beach for a while. Today is the 28th, as you now doubt can read from my post, but I would like to know if anyone can give me a quick rundown of what has happened?
Thanks alot. Much appreciated. :D

[color=royalblue][font=times new roman][size=2]Well you guys could read my post just one page back...Oh forget it ill just do a synopsis.

This is gonna be pretty basic...Dont want to write some huge thing.

[spoiler] Well ill just cover the highlights. Lets see the first important thing is that koga runs into inuyasha and company because there both tracking naraku's scent(They say normaly you cant track him) He does his usal koga stuff (making eyes at kagome and running over inuyasha as he leaves)

The other important thing at this point is that tonight it will be the new moon and inuyasha will become weak so kagome suggests staying away from naraku for tonight even though he can track him and knows hes near.

Theres also some shoots in narakus castle showing kagara and kana(The little girl all in white with the mirror) Kana tells kagara naraku has left and thats why the barrier around the castle is weak she then shows kagara that koga is nearing the castle.

Kagara goes out to great koga with an undead army of skeletons. The fight is pretty even until kagara sucks koga into a tornado full of bones that starts slicing him up. At the same time kogas wolves/fellow demons run off to get inuyasha's help but find out that hes a weak human now but inuyasha still goes.

Meanwhile koga leaps out of the tornado after getting pretty beat-up but as soon as he does kagara slices the shards out of his legs. at the same time inuyasha and company come running up and kagara flees.

Koga and inuyasha get into it AGAIN and they all play nice in the end...For alittle while atleast.

Back to kagara...Her first instinct is to bring the shards back to naraku but she laments over her fate as his slave then she remebers there is someone that could kill naraku for her...Sessy.

She goes and visits sessy(Him rin and jakin where in a few scenes earlier and rin wished on a shooting star to always be by sessy's side...It was so kawaii ;) ) Sessy too has been tracking naraku for his own reasons and she meets up with him. His first instinct is to draw his sword but she offers a truce...She will give sessy the shards in exchange she wants him to kill naraku.

The last scene we see is of a really mangled naraku in what looks like a basement saying something about betrayl. We later learn that just like inuyasha naraku weakens and becomes human under the new moon...Unlike inuyasha that just turns human all of his demons seem to come out of him or something...he looked a mess and very un-naraku :devil: [/spoiler]

PHEW...ok thats it...I probably missed alot of smaller things but thats the basics of it :laugh: [/color][/font][/size]

Just in case you haven't heard yet, the InuYasha anime is supposedely coming to a close early September in Japan. Viz reps at ComicCon a few days ago confirmed this by saying eps 166 and 167 (being aired together as a special) will end the TV run for IY in Japan. No word on whether the manga (which is still running) will end around the same time.

I don't know if this is 100% true yet. Last year, Viz announced that ep 150 would be the end of IY but seeing that the show is already well past that point, it turned out to be wrong. Look for some more clarification on this from other sources but I'm pretty sure Viz double checked they were right this time after making a mistake last year.
I also find it interesting that there's no word on an ending to the manga so it might be possible the TV show will have a different ending than the manga? I've also been hearing that the TV show may not have a conclusive ending to the show and the producers will wait for the manga to end and produce an OVA/movie for the manga ending. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Guest Pseudo
I was wondering how long they planned on running it.

I think a movie would be more memorable than a two part episode, but they could do either at this point, apparently. And who knows how long it will take them to dub it and get it over here. I've been keeping updated on the newest episodes over here in the US, but I've only seen up to what they're playing on Adult Swim. I hate waiting.

[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=crimson][size=1]I LOVE MIROKU! He's probably my favorite character. He seems so NOBLE...but of course, he's not all that noble and stuff...but I still love him to death anyway.[/color'][/size][/quote]

I luv miroku too. he is so funny. he has so many split personalities!!
He can be very sirious and determened, then the next moment he's grabbing a girl lol! Him and Inu Yasha always nag at eachother, and inu yasha doesnt trust miroku alot in the begginng, but grows on him a little...... but Miroku remains his funny self.
Like i love the episode when they are trying to tend Inu Yasha's wounds and IY wont listen so miroku starts to stomp on him to make him stay down!! LOL i was laughing so hard i almost threw up!!! :laugh:

Guest Shikari
:babble: [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=2][COLOR=Teal] Hey, I found inuyasha quite awhile ago, but i have yet to purchase any of the inuyasha movies, I know that there is a new one coming out but I am unsure of the names of any of the other inuyasha videos. I was hopping that someone could let me know what the titles are.
Oh ya I am totally into inuyasha I love watching it. I'm trying hard to find the compleat dvd, so i have all the episodes. Inuyasha and sesshumaro are my favorit characters, sessy is so calm and cool , while inuyasha is a spaze but yet he's pritty cool. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[QUOTE=Shikari]:babble: [FONT=Fixedsys][SIZE=2][COLOR=Teal] Hey, I found inuyasha quite awhile ago, but i have yet to purchase any of the inuyasha movies, I know that there is a new one coming out but I am unsure of the names of any of the other inuyasha videos. I was hopping that someone could let me know what the titles are.
Oh ya I am totally into inuyasha I love watching it. I'm trying hard to find the compleat dvd, so i have all the episodes. Inuyasha and sesshumaro are my favorit characters, sessy is so calm and cool , while inuyasha is a spaze but yet he's pritty cool. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

cool. i knew inuyasha before they put it on Cartoon Network. So you can call me a fan from the start, and not those people who have seen the shows like once on t.v. and think that they know everything about it then.hehehehe :sweat: phew.
im glad i got that out of my system! lol
I want to see the IY movies but i dont now when im going be able to....waaaa :(
i dont know the name of the movies either, and i am so jelous, my friend has already seen the japanese version...unless they are lying :shifty: :twitch:
HAHAHA
i was on e-bay and they had a bid 4 the whole first season and 2 movies of IY on dvd.. i bid but there were too many rich ppl online so, they outbid me... :bawl:

[COLOR=#503F86]Alekx, please try and improve your post quality- try and refrain from using abbreviated words (e.g. 'ppl' instead of 'people')- the full words look much nicer anyway, not to mention overuse of abbreviations is against the rules. Make sure to use as much proper punctiation as you can too, please.[/COLOR]

Guest dark_itachi814
[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=crimson][size=1]Oh my GOSH! I did not even REALIZE they were airing this show on CN now! Gah! Another wonderful anime gone mainstream! Now it's going to be ruined as well! Man, that pisses me off SO bad. All these dumb idiots are going to be like "Yeah, Inu Yasha's the GREATEST! I know everything about anime now!" *Dies*[/color'][/size][/quote]

I know! :P I was really happy too when my bro told me about it! hehe, I LOVE KOGA. anyway, what do you mean by it's going to be ruined an' all that? INUYASHA could NEVER be ruined. thank you very much

Guest Pseudo
I have two of the three Japanese InuYasha movies. They're called
Love that Transcends Time
The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass
and the newest one is
Sword of World Conquest
but I don't have that one (obviously). :D
Well, that's the English title translation, but the movies are all in Japanese.

And I actually do love this show-I'm glad they put it on Adult Swim. It's the only way I can see it. :D But I've seen every episode they've played so far.

Guest SohmaGurl04
I have the first two Inuyasha movies: Affections Touching Across Time, and The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass.
They are both in Japanese, but with English subtitles.
I have seen the Third movie, but it didn't have subtitles, so I had a hard time figuring out what was going on, except for a few words or phrases that I knew. :confused:
There is supposed to be a fourth movie coming out in Japan(of course) later this year.
I have seen all of the episodes on Adult Swim so far, and I can't wait for more!!! :babble:

The anime is good. I do love the ending music like "Every Heart" and "Dearest". My favorite character from that anime is Shippou. He's just soo chibi.
The series ARE okay. It's not like I'm really obsessed to it or something. But i would add this to one of my favorite animes that i watched.

Guest menchirlz
the characters are cool, but i also like the story line.

[COLOR=#503F86][SIZE=1][b]Please add more thought and detail ot your posts, menchirlz- this would normally be deleted as spam because it's too short. One-line posts are generally against OtakuBoards Rules, which I'd recommend reading as soon as you can. -Solo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/b]

Guest Inuyasha86
[quote name='Flipmodesquad']THE SERIES ARE GREAT lol anyone here watch it????? OH and by the way anyone love the music???? I love the music lol the begininng song is change the world by V6. V6 is a japanese pop group lol and other songs are sung by Do as infinity and BoA and OTHER JPOP stars lol.[/quote]
[FONT=Times New Roman][COLOR=DarkRed]Well I think Inuyasha is a great series and Iam a big fan :D ,I basically like any anime series and manga.I luv [B]Fukai Mori[/B],and the other songs on the album.I haven't gotten the chance on were 2 get volumes though? But soon maybe.[B]Does any1 know a website were I can get some anime novels,cds etc.[/B] Thanx[/COLOR] :smirk: [/FONT]

I love the anime InuYasha. :love: I like all the characters and I watch the show every Saturday and I never miss any episode so far. I like the songs in tthe beginning ang ending alot. :)

I have a question that I hope that anyone can help me with on the show so far.[spoiler] My question is Kagura going to help Inyasha defeat Naraku? If not, why is she still alive in so many episodes?[/spoiler] Can you please give me your opinion as soon as possible.:)