OtakuBoards

Favorite Final Fantasy Character

Guest Zen

I really hate to be cliche, but my favourite character would have to be sephiroth, albino aside, and megalomaniac aside, sephiroth has a flare about him that just inspire awe, many have tried to emulate this aura of menace, some with great success, and other with not so much, but the most touching aspect of him is that his sin was concieved through love and devotion, Jenova was everything to him, and our loveless tragic villain would bring the world to it's knees to please his false mother...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='man][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Hey I heared abot that poem and phares I have the game.[/COLOR][/SIZE'][/FONT][/quote]

If you want to speak about the poem in RPGoddess' signature, then please PM her about it rather than making an off-topic post about it. Thanks.

Alot of people have mentioned FFIX but none have mentioned Zidane. He's [B]definitely[/B] my favorite character out of all of the Final Fantasy games. I guess the reason why he is my favorite is because he is so much like me in many ways. He's extremely fun, good with the ladies, very funny, and much more. I've even been told I look just like him. My hair is just like Zidanes just a little longer. Plus Zidane has some of the coolest weapons. His strongest weapon, Ultima Weapon, is a dual-bladed sword that glows with an awesome looking aura, and most of his other weapons are cool looking daggers. He's a total hero, and my favorite FF character of all time.

Ok, let me just say that I love FF But the sad thing is I only have 2 favorit characters. So here they are.

First I like Rikku from FFX and FFX-2. I just like it that she almost never sad and has a smile on her face.
And the last one that like is Squall from FFVIII. I like his scar and the way he can stay calm in the game. I mean he is mostly calm during the whole game.

But any way thats all of my favorit charaters so see you.

My favorite FF character(s) would HAVE to be the Magus Sisters from FFX. I know, I know, to all you naysayers out there, while they aren't actually essential storyline characters, you CAN play as them after you've summoned them.

When I first read about them, before I realized they were bugs, I thought they would be these dark, mystical, sisters of destruction. But when the bugs appeared, I just about killed myself laughing. I mean, how bloody random!

But the Magus Sisters, plus Yojimbo, make up my favorite FF characters.

Phil

Hmm, a tough question. I have several favorites....

[b]Sephiroth:[/b] He carries the Masamune, has platinum hair, and wears a long black trench coat. Need I say more? Oh, and he can transform into an angel, and has magical skills beyond anything you can think of. And he's trying to become God (the scary part is, he's doing a pretty good job).

[b]Squall:[/b] I really connected with this guy, because he has several qualities that reminded me of myself. You also get to see how he develops as a character over the course of the storyline, which is very cool. Also, he has an awesome gunblade, and an even more awesome limit break. Renzokuken, anyone?

[b]Vincent Valentine:[/b] The guy has the most tragic history I've ever heard. Yet still he fights on, because he believes in something greater than himself or his scarred and painful past. His clothes are pretty cool too, with the red cape and headscarf-thingy.

My favorite Final Fantasy character is probably Ritz. Even though I'm a guy, she's my favorite because of her *nobody is gonna push me or my friends around* attitude. If more people would stick up for the little guy, the world would be alot of a better place to live. "I know some *little girls* who can kick your butt!". Yeah, show those bullies who's boss. lol

[FONT=Arial Narrow][COLOR=Purple]A few people have mentioned Vivi, and I have to say I'm very glad about that. Vivi is my favourite, even though I haven't seen/played all the way through ALL of the FF games. To tell you the truth, I've only played up to a little bit in FFIX and watched my friend play through a little bit of FFX and FFX-2. I'm not a very good gamer, so the FF games were too hard for me and I couldn't get interested in them enough. (I prefer to watch other people play them, as is the same with me and Legend of Zelda). Anyway, Vivi is my favourite because he's little and, well, cute, but also pretty powerful. I'm fond of the little ones who suprise you with their abilities. I also like Aeris, though, even though I only know her from Kingdom Hearts. I loved her personality, mainly, I think. But her hair helped with that, I adore it. [/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest lavalamp
[quote name='Jentin']This is probably just me, but I like the emotionless, speechless characters from Final Fantasy I the best. To play Final Fantasy I after playing other Final Fantasy games was a refreshing change of pace, where I didn't have any characters to really get attached to. There were no complex pasts to think about, no personalities to watch clash, just watching characters attack monsters and cast magic. It was nice where the only thing you really had to care about with the characters was that their HP hasn't dropped to 0.[/quote]

You're the best.

My favorite character would have to be Quistis from FFVIII. Why? I liked her hair. Her hair had such an engaging personality and it made me do everything from smile to cry as I watched the story unfold. It was so dramatic... Pantene Pro V? What a mystery! Sometimes I thought, "Well, if her hair were to fight _____ would it win?" Of course it would! It was the strongest character out of any Final Fantasy to date. Quistis' hair VS Sephiroth? Quistis' hair; duh.

In short, I love Quistis and her hair. I love elaborating on things that really don't need much elaboration to avoid having my post deleted. Did I mention how the shampoo radiates in my mind?

• 2 weeks later...
My favorite character would have to be Squall. Why you ask? Well its not just becasue hes cute (mosltly thought :D ) and casue u love his aditude. at exspecily at the end of the game when he got nicer and stuff. and i love his clothes. there cool. and the Gunblade. its so awesome. and i like his Rivelry woth seifer. i have a thing for guys who have Rivals ^__^

Well, I'm a big as fan of ff7, and I think it's still the best FF ever, so I'd have to say cloud, or sephiroth. I mean, cloud is just so bad as with that great sword of his. The buster swore. I wish I had one of those...
And sephiroth is even more bad ***, but in a more evil sense. I also really like cid because he swore alot, and said alot of funny **** too.

Probably all the characters from FF7 anyways except for a few.

[color=royalblue][font=century gothic][size=1] Eh...this IS a toughie :wigout:

But Ill have to say in general any of the characters from FF9...They where all pretty interesting ,and unlike the previous 2 installments, wherent all moody and depressed.

Out of that large cast id probably have to pick steiner as my fav. He may have had clanky old looking armor but he was a really good guy at heart. He was loyal to a fault and very protective of garnet(And later vivi). He did his best to keep his dignity and honor intacked even while zidane was making fun of him :laugh: .

Lastly he was just a really great fighter, especially when paired with vivi. He had a equally courageous and strong gf and got to wield excalibur...Whats not to love? :cool: [/color][/font][/size]

:O I swear i ahve already replied to this. Oh well.

I think that Paine from Final Fantasy X-2 is my favorite character from any final fantasy game. Shes hot, shes a bada$$, and best of all, shes "dark" (in terms of appearance heh). Another reason shes so high on my list is because shes quiet, and she doesn't get as annoying as some of the characters that talk more and are more... suddle, i guess.

w00t Paine owns Final Fantasy ^_^

Guest Vahn Grave
I think vivi, sephiroth, Auron,Bah, I like 'em all, except tidus and yuna.They all have they're own uniquenesses((Is that a word?))But Isn't it wierd that the small ones and bad guys are the best?((Exceptseymour, even though his hair kicks foot))Like the crossdressing Kuja,or the bada$$ jecht,or what about seifer, or possibly The dark, one winged angel, Sephiroth?

My point is, All of 'em are good.No matter how straight up annoying or crunk(lol) they are. :babble:

Oh yeah, Zorn and Thorn were frickin awesome too

My favorite final fantasy characters happen to be Kefka, Kuja, and Vincent.

Kefka was the insane clown who's temper was just delightful to watch. he put all of his ho's in place and wasn't a momma's boy (sephiroth).

Then there was Vincent, without much effort his storyline actually overshadowed many others in its depth and sense of immortal pain and sin which would never heal, NEVER. He showed that he was to forever be tormented, no matter how hard he would repent and how much he would ask for death and release from his burden. Beat that.

Then there was Kuja who was the spitting image of duality. Man and Woman, Angel and Devil, Good and Evil. He was perhaps the most complex character squaresoft ever took the time to make, if you got past his cross dressing, you'd see that he obsessed with individuality. He downright refused to be stereotyped and became not the villain of FF9, but in a way, the Anti-Hero by refusing to give in to anyone and except the bastard fate given to him.

Sephiroth is overated.

• 2 weeks later...
My favourite final fantasy character of all time is Auron. He looks cool and is super strong. His weapons are so pro as well. And he is a samurai-type warrior. He is quite blunt as well and his overdrives are cool. He is quite hard to get rid of as well as you know who found out. SNAP. Sorry about the vagueness of some of the post.

Guest Vincenthegreat
Vincent VAlentine is my favorite character for a few reasons he has a horrible past and he lives on also he is very self sacreficel to make the one he loves happy also his limt breaks are awsome he is in my party

Id also have to go with Cloud, and Ill cite the same reason as Ex-Soldier. That sword is freaking huge!! Also I think he has the some of the best dialogue and chracter development, I just grew to like him throughout the game. I felt that the production company did a good job creating a coherent story line.

my most loved ff character will always be vivi. he was so cute, and could kick anyones butt if they messed with him or his friends.
i just wished that the game had let the little mage summon his own creatures for battle,eh... but whatcha gonna do?

i hear that vivi will be a playable character in kingdom hearts 2. i cant wait to hear the voice they give him, but i hope it isn't ridicuously cute. then i just might grow to hate him, which i know sounds blassfamiss. (excuss my lack of proper spelling, i never was any good)

another of my favorite ff characters is sepheroth. he totally kicks my butt every time in battle, which i dont mind.

[FONT=Tahoma]My top 5 favorite final fantasy characters are in the order Squall, Cloud, Tidus(nicknamed Tidie), Vincent and Selphie(nicknamed Sefie). I like Squall because he's really cute and because of the way he approaches women(i can't dance etc.). I like Cloud because of his hair, his sword and his attachment of behaving like a mercenary( i don't know how to spell it) at the start. Tidie because he's really cute, he's so dopey and he just really grows on you. Vincent because he' s so attractive, he came out of a coffin and he's so serious all the time. Sefie because she's so bubbly, bouncy, falls over all the time(just like me) and she loves parties. I mainly like these characters because they're all so cute and they're looks match they're personality perfectly.[/FONT]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I sooo love [B]Seymour[/B] from FFX! Don't you think he's cute?
And he's got this adorable bedroom voice!

No, seriously, I love him. He's pretty-- ie, scratch that... he's so darn strong! He cares a lot for his people (in a twisted sort of way) and he's got this amazing aura around him. It's as if things around him eagerly bend themselves to his will. which makes me wonder why Yuna, Rikku and Lulu doesn't swoon when he's near. Hmm... maybe it's because of his webbed hands.

Don't hate him.
He's not evil; he's just twisted.

The boys of FFX-2 (Gippal, Noojie-Woojie and Baralai) are noteworthy too! They make great leaders plus they look [i]really, really, really[/i] nice!
[/COLOR]

[quote name='eternity']The boys of FFX-2 (Gippal, Noojie-Woojie and Baralai) are noteworthy too! They make great leaders plus they look really, really, really nice![/quote]

Personally i don't think that pixels making up images on the screen could look atractive in anyway, even pixelated girls. They are just drawings, been scanned into a computer then animated, more-or-less.

But onto the topic at hand, my favourite FF character would have to be Squall Leonheart from VIII. Because of the way he acts, his personality, and his seriousness. Squall is one of the most formal characters of the Final Fantasy Games, but as always, the main male character falls in love with the main female character. That was one down side to the ending. You all knew it was coming, the great evil, then the love.

When you look at Squall from the start he looks like he would never go with a girl, but you can't help, its all enivitable. But thats mainly why Squalls my favourite FF character. Even though FFVII is my faavourite FF game. heh heh.

• 2 months later...
[size=1][color=royalblue]Gott, I can't believe I haven't posted in this yet. X3

I've always liked Rikku. She's so fun, colorful, and is just an oddball in general. She really does make a pretty noncliched thief, lol. I just think characters are neat and interesting when they don't act how they look. :whoops:

Haha..."Oh, poopie!" I've always thought that line was cute. :3[/color][/size]