OtakuBoards

Favorite Final Fantasy Character

Guest Zen

My favorite character would HAVE to be the One Winged Angel himself, Sephiroth. He wields the legendary Masamune, the 7 foot long sword, and he is one of the most recongnized characters throughout all of the FF series, I believe. His battle capabilities are awesome, especially his 'Super Nova' spell....even though I hate that spell, I'd love to use it...-looks at various people he hates-

Right below him would be Cid Highwind (FF7). I just love his 'Hold on to your drawers and don't piss in'em!' like attitude. He wields a spear with ease and is the best pilot from ANY FF game in my opinion. Plus, he was one of the first people to go in space. Besides that, his overall being helps the team in 7 a lot...piloting the Highwind...driving the train...fighting Sephiroth...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][SIZE=1][FONT=Times New Roman]Hmm.. we've all been judging our favorite characters of Final Fantasy games, which to me, is a very difficult agenda, considering the wide array of great appearances and storylines, along with the combat style. So, with hope that this doesn't get deleted, I'd rather just name the favorite characters ( with explainations as to why ) of each of the FF games I've actually played and enjoyed.

FF6 ( FFIII by SNES ) - Shadow. My reasons for choosing Shadow are rather simple actually. Aside from the given, although sometimes cliche' aspects of his loner mystique, his style of combat is very enjoyable. I've always loved the idea of chucking katanas at people for the sake of not having anything else to do. And the moments in which his dog runs in and does more damage than him for like, half the game, is simply amusing. In addition, his storyline that is hidden through a large amount of sleeping in different inns, is great. Shadow has always been a reoccuring favorite of mine, even in the final moments of the game [spoiler]in which he told Interceptor to run along without him as he stayed behind, clearly to die in repentence for what he has done in his past.[/spoiler] Plus, I love how he looks.

FF7 - A tough call, but I'd have to say Vincent. The vampiric gun flinger has some interesting storyline tossed into the mix, especially for an optional character. [spoiler]Having been Lucrecia's love prior to her time with Hojo, he naturally had some conflict with the scientist in addition to the mutation conspiracy applied to him.[/spoiler] Apart from that, his looks are astounding. The way the appearance was designed to match his character's mysterious attitude was perfect. While his limit breaks were sometimes frustrating, they still complemented his storyline rather well. I also found that if for nothing else, he was quite good at handling materia.

FF8 - Hmm..I'd have to stick with Zell. Everyone is probably right in that his Overdrive's with Dual are simply fun. Plus, his comic relief aspect are something that the other games fail to capture in comparison. Who doesn't love someone who is CRAZY for hotdogs? Plus, anyone who has a mom that can beat their kids in cards is just amusing, if nothing else. His character design is rather interesting and compliments his attitude well. Plus I've always found that tatoo to be nifty.

FF9 - I'll be honest in that I never played MUCH of FF9. However, what I did enjoy was the character design for Zidane. At first he comes off as a thug, even though I know that by reading through bits and pieces of information, that he of course has a tragic destiny, he is still a good character. Plus, I greatly thank Square for not using a sword with Zidane this time around. While swords naturally display an importance with most protagonists, Zidane's use of a swallow ( like Serge from Chrono Cross ) was a nice choice.

FFX - Allright, with all scowls and moans aside for Tidus, I did enjoy the next two the most: Auron and Kimarhi ( I so probably spelled that incorrectly. ) In Auron's case, the tough guy wielding a massive Katana was indeed a cliche, but the way they pieced together his importance to the storyline, and his fighting style, were still excellent. His theme music was uncanny, and his attire was excellent.

In Kimahri's case, the Ronso warrior was a favorite for his enemy skill fighting style. In addition, I was immediatly pleased with his attitude towards Tidus and his protective nature for Yuna. His ties to his own clan, including the fools that shattered part of his horn, were emotional if not else. He immediatly became a personal favorite when he [spoiler]impaled Seymour[/spoiler] ( rrr... ) in Bevelle and told everyone else to escape for their lives. And of course, his character design of near Native American memorbelia was very complementing to his character's way of speech and attitude.

Final Fantasy Tactics - I've always found the protagonist, Ramza, to be great. His character design to complement the many job options we were capable of presenting him was always fun, and in addition to this, his storyline was great. His fighting style wasn't much to work with, considering how Tactics kind of pre-set it. But hey, whatever.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Jay

[color=#4B0082]Added spoiler tags. Please use them the next time you talk about significant parts of a game's story. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Squall Leonhart has always been my favorite character from Final Fantasy. He's a loner like me, so I can identify with him well. He's also an awesome fighter with a lot of heart. He is cool and calm, and that's the kind of character I always like; he's pretty much the same as me, lol. Squall rocks, simply put.

• 2 weeks later...
Irvine Kineesas (sp?) of FFVIII Has got to be my most favourite Charater of all. He has the same views on life as me. He also tries to get the women which is amusing. My Friends say im the biggest flirt when I'm alone with one or two women :cool:
( Did anyone notice Irvine and Selphie hmmm....) Anyway I also love how he's a sharpshooter and that's kicks booty yea...That's all folks(stupid pig)

• 2 weeks later...
What I think of the best FF character is would have to be four of them. I can?t chose just one. The ones I like will be listed below with name and why I like them.

1.) Cecil-FFII-The dark night that has no heart in the beginning. He finally gets wary of the king later when he discovers that he is plotting something. The story behind this character is so intriguing. There is no positive yes or no of the character. Once you start understanding the knight in the story he becomes the Paladin. This is his coolest form. I like the purple hair and the goggles. (nice touch).
2.) Rydia-FFII- The summoner of the mist. Her mother died from Cecil, unknowingly, killed her mother?s mist dragon. The dragon was connected to her life and was killed when the dragon was killed. [spoiler]Later Rydia supposedly dies and grows up later.[/spoiler] She is cool when she is better because she can learn so many new summonings. I like the Bahamut personally.
3.) Auron-FFX- The man with the blade. He is just plane strong. That is why I like him. The blade is just sharp to the end.
4.) Paine-FFX-2- Paine is the mysterious Al Bhed in Yuna?s group and is just a great person to have. I think just every party needs its *****.

Now I bid farwell until I find some more. I can tell you one thing. I don?t like Sepharoth all that much. I mean come on he is just way too strong and he is mysterious. It just doesn?t blend. What I?m trying to say is good bye to Sepharoth. Sorry if I don?t spell it right. I am a FF fan for sure. Just give me time to recuperate my good old FFness.

[color=#4B0082]Added spoiler tags. That's a pretty big spoiler in Rydia's story. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[quote name='Kiba_the_Chosen']1.) Cecil-FFII-The dark night that has no heart in the beginning. He finally gets wary of the king later when he discovers that he is plotting something. The story behind this character is so intriguing. There is no positive yes or no of the character. Once you start understanding the knight in the story he becomes the Paladin. This is his coolest form. I like the purple hair and the goggles. (nice touch).[/quote]
[color=#4B0082]Finally, another Cecil fan! It's nice to know that someone else sees the same qualities in his character that I do. His story really is pretty interesting, and in fact, I like the character development in FFIV just as much as any of the later games in the series.

But, uh, goggles? He wears a helmet as a dark knight and a circlet as a paladin. Cid is the one with goggles, heh.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmmm.........I would have to say Cloud becaues he is strong and kind hearted but still stays tough. Arieth becaues there are not vary many Areith likers out there. She was also vary kind hearted like Cloud and had a good sense of right our wrong unlike me so I envey her. Tidus Because he is so dumb and laces intelligens. And I love Lulu becaues she lookes and has the personalitey of my sister. That's about it. I love most final fantasy characters. Well, at least the ones that are not di**s! :D

• 10 months later...
[quote name='ThoraxtheImpaler']despite being a huge FF fan, Ive only played 7 and 10. My favorite charachter is definetaly Wakka. He is awesome! He has all the special effect attacks, and he has a cool hairdo. Not to mention hes good at blitzball, america's (should be) favorite sport. Him, Auron, and Lulu are my favorite party.[/quote]

O_o *wondering how old that must have been*

Lets see... Ill pick 1 per game (Ive played)

FF1: Uh... lets skip this one

FF2: Uh... this one sucked

Uh... lets see... um... havent played 3 or 4 or 5... OH! I don't remember his name but I love the king from FFVI! He was hilarious! I also loved Kefka simply because of that pose he would strike and do that awesome laugh. I swear if they take that out in the GBA remake, I will never play a Square-Enix game again...

FF7: Barret. Who alse can bust into a room, guns blazing, and scream out every profane word known to man? No one, but him.

FF8: Wow, yeah, I didn't really like most of the charaachters in this except Laguna. Laguna reminds me of myself because he has a passion for writing and looks like I probably will at that age. He's also got a similar personality.

FF9: Are you kidding, I can't pick just one! I love each and every charachter in this game. Zidane because he is always wih the ladies. "Ooh... soft" XD. And Vivi because he's like a little kid. How could you not like a charachter that says "gee whiz"? And then, my favorite, Steiner. Yeah, he's dumb and has no mind of his own, but that's what makes him so lovable. His insatiable infactuation with those damn pickles makes me laugh. Also, he kicks *** in battle.

FF10: As I said before, Wakka, same reasons as above.

Thats all Ive played.

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I love Shadow from VI because his theme song was awesome, he could throw crap at enemies, his a ninja, AND he has one of my favorite lines ever...

[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/dogeat6.jpg[/IMG]

Tell me that's not one of the most ridiculous lines a ninja at a bar could say to you. Come on I dare you.

Also Garland, the extremely short-lived enemy from FFI because of this line:
[IMG]http://www.ffcompendium.com/misc/garland.gif[/IMG]

:D [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='-Otakon-']Does anyone here like Zidane from Final Fantasy IX? I think he's the greatest FF character ever. Zidane is also the most unique character imho, and I love his tail.[/quote]

Unique my butt!

He's like the most stereotypical character in the whole Final Fantasy series! Cut the tail, and you got your generic Robin Hood -type hero - a thief with a good heart! :P Add the sword, the crush on the heroine, the amnesia and the shrouded past, and you've got the whole package.

He didn't even have any reason for his roguish ways, unlike Vaan from the upcoming FF XII (the guy in my avatar) - though Vaan is a thief, he has also lived in the streets as an orphan most of his life, so he has no other option. Vaan has been often compared to Zidane, but here's the biggest difference in my opinion.

[QUOTE=Sandy]Unique my butt!

He's like the most stereotypical character in the whole Final Fantasy series! Cut the tail, and you got your generic Robin Hood -type hero - a thief with a good heart! :P Add the sword, the crush on the heroine, the amnesia and the shrouded past, and you've got the whole package.

He didn't even have any reason for his roguish ways, unlike Vaan from the upcoming FF XII (the guy in my avatar) - though Vaan is a thief, he has also lived in the streets as an orphan most of his life, so he has no other option. Vaan has been often compared to Zidane, but here's the biggest difference in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. Zidane isn't just a theif with a good heart, he's a total womanizer. Yeah he has a crush in the leading lady but also every other chick you come across. And how could you not love a charachter like Zidane, the guys hilarious! Need I remind you of the greatest scene in video game history?

Garnet: *jumos on ladder*
Zidane: *"accidentally" grabs her ****
Zidane: Oooo.... Soft......

XD

Umm, maybe because I do not think it's the "greatest scene in videogame history"? ;P

And just because he acts all macho around Garnet doesn't make him a womanizer! Name one other female he makes a pass at during the game? ,:)

Okay, I admit that Zidane is unordinarily straight for a hero of a Japanese RPG, but seriously, I can't think of anything else that makes him so special.

Don't get me wrong, I actually loved FF IX! I'm just not usually too fond on the main heroes, and this game was no exception.

[size=1][color=darkred]Pardon my intrusion but I am going to have to agree with Otakon and Thorax.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]When you meet Freya there is a hint of his womanizing ways, as well as acouple other instances like I believe the waitress in the Lindbum bar. I haven't played the game recently to remember more.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]Also he isn't that stereotypical, he has good character development, he can use trance, he uses twin knives and butterfly swords (the only other time I've seen a main character use a butterfly sword is Chrono cross, but his original weapon is an oar) and then he is also [spoiler]a genome with a soul.[/spoiler] He does have some stuff that is very stereotypical but I still think he is unique. [/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]Also he was an orphan as well, and he had no memory of his past, as well as having at tail. I think he might of had a few identity crisis', and the reason that he is still a theif is because it's all he has ever known. He ran away from Tantalus to find his parents, or something like that but returned empty handed. There really isn't much difference between his past and Vaan's past, other than Zidanes is alittle more complicated.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=#8b0000]He isn't as unique as most FF characters but he most def isn't all cliche.[/color][/size]

[size=1][color=darkred]Your fully entiled to your own opinion but personally I find him quite charming. My favorite scene would have to be the one of him and Vivi releaving themselves outside in Mandrin Sari.[/color][/size]

[color=#4B0082]Spoiler tags, just in case. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

wow...Zidane's somewhat of a hot topic, eh? I'd rather not comment on him, as, well, let's not go there.

My top three favorite FF Characters, and why:

#1 - Rikku. A theif, and Al-bed, and a spunky, "Love me or Hate me" personality. What's not to love? Also, she's alot, and I mean ALOT, like my younger sister, so it was like my sister was in the game, and that's 'kina cool. She went through alot of transitional periods within the game, and trying to be accepted by all the other guardians...sounds alot like life, so I related to her the most in this game.

#2 - Red XIII. Okay, common, people. A wolf/dog/watever-you-wanna-call-it, complete with tatoo's, bangles, feathers, fire for the hair on his tail, AND he talks? Totally the one of the best characters out there, in any game. His awesome storyline , along his abilities during battle and , well, interesting personality, lands this bad puppy (pun intended) in number two.

#3 - Amarant. It was hard to pick him over others, but although he's not one of my favorites to play with in FFIX, I just had to mention him. His freakish red hair, done in dread-locks...as in dreadful...is enough for anyone to take notice, and make him a memorable character, and that's just his hair! I loved the way that this character, although shady in the beggining, began to gradually warm towards the others, especially Eiko...and then when Zidane showed him up, then turned around and showed compasion, he became the loveable giant...with flaming red hair.

So, that wraps it up! Although it was EXTREAMLY hard to pic just three, I managed. Every FF character deserves credit, but only so much time in one day!
oh, F.Y.I., this is my first post, so bear...lol...with me.

[size=1][color=darkred]I liked Red XIII alot too. Like you said he is like a dog/tiger that talks. His tattoos are awesome I am extremly jealous, since I am not of the age to get my own. Also 13 is my favorite number. Ironically I really love the moon too and some of his limits kinda revolve around the moon. He probably ties with cloud as my second favorite FF character, the first being the mysterious Vincent Valentine.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]I liked Amarant as well, though I liked him since the beginning and I also liked playing with him. He does kinda look like a freak with his green skin and red hair (I did like the dreadlocks though, yes I'm a Bob Marley fan :animesmil). He does have good character development cuz in the begginning he seemed rather selfish, and cold. Anyways I liked using him in combat alot though. His magic defense isn't too good, do that was a downfall but his attack is pretty strong, as well as his claws having some very usefull added effects. Also his Chakra skills I found to be very useful, he has alot of good skills that can aid characters, which is what made me choose him for a second attack person over Steiner. Rusty's swordskills weren't all that great till late in the game, and I never could make it in time to get Excalibur. Plus to fully utilize him, he needs to be paired with one of my other favorite characters Vivi.[/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]I am going to shut up now though. :animeswea [/color][/size]

Now that I have gotten to Disk 3 in FFIX (the beginning of Disk 3 had the best cutscene I have ever seen in my entire life!) I have decided that Amarant is proably my favorite, if not Vivi. Amarant is just so badass and has such a "whatever, f--- you" attitude, it makes him cool.

Also, Kuja is awesome. His genius, feminineness, and constant insulting of people reminds me of myself...

[quote name='ThoraxtheImpaler']Also, Kuja is awesome. His genius, feminineness, and constant insulting of people reminds me of myself...[/quote][color=#4B0082]Please, please just don't start writing in a [url=http://img156.exs.cx/img156/5548/ctdbanner0lp.gif]red, century gothic font[/url]. I might have to ban you otherwise. :shifty:[/color]

[size=1][color=darkred]That Cutscene was awesome, I loved it especially because I despised Seymour for some reason. He made me so angry lol. [/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Kuja lol.............[/color][/size][font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=red]'OMG' he iz just like.......SOOOOO.....cute....[/color][/size][/font]
[size=1][color=#ff0000][/color][/size]
[size=1][color=darkred]Never again lol never, anyways he is a villain I love to hate. I really liked him as a villain, but like I enjoyed beating him around and watching cry like the girl he is. He just was rather original which I though was pretty cool............but he needs to cover himself, no wonder they had so much mist.[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
All right let me see, my favorite Final Fantasy character(s) *thinks* Well I would say my favorite Final Fantasy character of all time would have to be Cloud Strife followed by Sephiroth.

My least favorites would have to be Tidus and then Yuna. Tidus was just plain boring with absolutely no personality (the quirky game elements like, "Would like to be..." and then quickly, "With YUNABYMYSIDE" didn't do it for me either). Does he even care that [spoiler]sin is his father?[/spoiler] wouldn't know. And Yuna who strikes me as [u]brainless[/u] in 10.

Some other Final Fantasy characters I like (since some folks listed more than one):
[SIZE=1][list]
[*] Auron
[*] Side chars from 10 - like Braska, other summoners, etc
[*]Rinoa
[*]Tifa
[*]Squall
[*]Neo Bahamat (not really a main char)
[*]Moogles & Chocobos (all - not really a main char)
[/list] [/SIZE]
I do also have a special release preview game of Final Fantasy XII but I have yet to check it out, I'm sure I'll have even more favorites there!

The topic of Final Fantasy is rather broad, as it also includes characters from the movies Final Fantasy: Spirits Within, and Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. If those were included in the mix, my favourite character is Kadaj, from Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children. He's got a great sword, great attacks, and even a nifty summon to take care of some business! And with Jenova's help, he even can become Sephiroth. I might not be an old school player, but Kadaj is my utmost favourite Final Fantasy character.

Now, if you took out the fact that there are the movies, my favourite character would be Baralai from FFX-2. Although he's not that major, he's still the coolest priest of Yevon I've ever seen. His staff definitely deserves my respects, and his speed; well it's just crazy. Yet again, I'm no old school player, so I just might sound stupid to many other people. Just my 2 cents, I guess.