OtakuBoards

Do your parents make you do everything!?

mononoke_man

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']Okay, so I read it wrong. My bad![/color][/quote]

[color=#9933ff]Well, actually, that's what I was pretty sure he meant; I don't know if my interpretation's 100% correct. I happen to think it is. =P ^_~

*cough* I was referring to everyone in general, as well. >.>[/color]

[QUOTE=MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff]Well, actually, that's what I was pretty sure he meant; I don't know if my interpretation's 100% correct. I happen to think it is. =P ^_~

*cough* I was referring to everyone in general, as well. >.>[/color][/QUOTE]

Im sorry if i didn't exactly make out what i was saying.

[quote name='Okibi Masurao']Im sorry if i didn't exactly make out what i was saying.[/quote]

[color=#9933ff]No, no, I just thought that's what you meant; that the treatment was unfair. That's how I interpreted it. Is that what you meant?[/color]

I don't think my parents are unfair in the chore-handing-out department. I realise that my sister is younger and dumber, therefore less capable of doing the chores. xD

We have basically the same chores; every other day so one day i'll have clean the kitchen and my sister cleans the bathroom and then the next day, i'll have clean the bathroom and clean the kitchen. Sometimes i'm expected to to a little bit of a better job, and i'm asked to do things that my sister cant quite do right. It bothers me a little, but not that much.

However, one thing that really bothers me is when I do my chores, and my sister dosen't. I find that to be really unfair, because I did my job and my sister didn't. Another is when my parents ask me to do somthing for my sister that she is perfectly capable of.

I don't find the chore load to be unfair either. They barely ask me to do anything, just clean the kitchen and clean the bathroom on alternating days. I also have to make dinner three days a week during the summer. I find that fair because i'm at home doing nothing anyways, so why not just make dinner. We have a cleaning lady, that comes once a week, to to all the other stuff.

My older brother and sister do very little around the house. They say it's because they have jobs, but they could at least do something. My brother mostly stays in his room when he's home. My parents both work pretty long hours, so I'm okay with them asking me to do something, but it bothers me when I forget to do something and they yell at me over and over again about it. They always say that I never do anything they tell me to, but they never say anything to my brother. It doesn't matter what they say to my sister. She doesn't care.

My sister has a son who's almost 3 years old, and she'll never watch him. She always has to go somewhere, and either me or my mother will have to babysit. When she's home she lets him run around and ruin the house. Then she won't even clean up after him. She says she can't afford a babysitter, but that's because she's always spending her money by going out with her friends. She's 21 years old and still can't spend her money wisely. She always wants me to get something for her or her son, even if I'm in a hurry or I'm in the middle of something, when she's perfectly capable of getting it herself. If I say no, she'll beg and whine like a 5 year old until I say yes. Sometimes if I say I won't babysit, she'll just leave her son and go out anyway, knowing that I'll babysit him.

Wow Angel, compared to you my life seems quite perfect now.

Actually, in the first place, I never really minded doing chores, unless I'm extremely tired. And compared to my bros, we all pretty much have various assigned duties and such, which are pretty balanced. But even if I had to do more, I'd say it was my responsibility, since I'm the oldest kid and all, and I should set an example or whatever. Besides, it wouldn't kill me to help out my parents more than my little brothers, would it?

[QUOTE=Angel]
My sister has a son who's almost 3 years old, and she'll never watch him. She always has to go somewhere, and either me or my mother will have to babysit. When she's home she lets him run around and ruin the house. Then she won't even clean up after him. She says she can't afford a babysitter, but that's because she's always spending her money by going out with her friends. She's 21 years old and still can't spend her money wisely. She always wants me to get something for her or her son, even if I'm in a hurry or I'm in the middle of something, when she's perfectly capable of getting it herself. If I say no, she'll beg and whine like a 5 year old until I say yes. Sometimes if I say I won't babysit, she'll just leave her son and go out anyway, knowing that I'll babysit him.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]I know this is completely off the original topic, but why don't your parents try to get custody of their grandchild since your sister obviously does nothing for her son but try to go out and party.

I'm 22 almost 23 and I still have some trouble saving my money, but I know enough to pay my bills first before I go out with my friends. I also understand that with being a parent comes responsibility and it sounds from this post that your sister didn't think about that when she was 17 and now at 21 with her parents taking responsibility of her child she'll never learn.

Maybe you should just get up and leave the house when she comes around looking for you to watch her son. That way if she leaves her 3 year old un supervised she can get in trouble for parental neglect and she can find out what it's liek to be grown up the hard way.

But that's just one person's opinion. ONe of my cousins lost custody of her daughter to her parents for the same reasons. And she may just be turning around now. Maybe it would work for your sister.[/color]