OtakuBoards

~*crushes*~

InuyashaLvr

[quote name='Transtic Nerve']Oh my god, i totally have a crush on Charles too. Tell him he's so dreamy and I would love to get into his.... control panel....[/quote]

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll activate your account any day. :flasher:

[color=darkviolet]I have a crush on Transtic Nerve, but I don't think I'm his type. Oh well, there's always my next choice...Lincoln. :laugh:

I think crushes are sweet too. I've definately had my share. Especially in grade school with the guy who cut my apple in half.

Crushes are part of growing up. Of course, they're a great way of getting your heart broken too because you could find out that your crush is a serial puppy kicker. Or something else that makes you say: "what was i thinking?".

As for internet crushes. Yeah, I had a few. Nothing serious tho the guy went by Sephorith and I went by Mnemosyne and it was a pokemon chat room. How serious was that? Sure was fun tho.

Real life ones though. Well, as long as you're sure he or she isn't with anyone and you're dream won't be completely crushed by reality I say go for it![/color]

Hmmm I as well think this is an awefully cute thread heh.

I had an Online crush once i think...*thinks* Ummm yeah i did. Anyway it wasn't a member here, back then Otakuboards was like a city back alley at midnight heh. But it was nice I found out she had a crush on me. And another member of here told me they liked me once, which does make you very happy. *smiles*.

I've never taken real crushes too seriously. Im a hy one I'll admit but I'd like classify them into two groups. Ones that we short were just infactuation and I dropped them. While longer ones I'd try and act on to see if I could go all out.

My advice is this...GET to know them. when you do end up going out with them you have to get to know them then, and so it's easier to have a head start so to speak. Besides this, relationships that have grown from friendships usually do better in my opinion.

Me I'm screwed dating wise...my first g/f used me no if ands or buts USED me. Heh needless to say that sort of ruined me for dating, now im too causious and paranoid. My second g/f however was a dream, lasted like ohh 1 year and then we broke it off. we sort of got back together where i was doing most of the trying but I could tell she wanted to stay toghether. Nope didn't work, you need both people trying their best in a situation like that. I still talk to her and we still go on dates from time to time, it's wierd really.

[COLOR=Navy]Let's see...

I only had a handful of real life crushes and I had about four internet ones. I only took one internet crush seriously.

My advice.......keep telling yourself that it will never work out. That advice saves me a lot of heart ache and keeps my friendships.

....And Charles, how dare you! Cheating on me like that! :flaming:

*runs away sobbing*[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]I've had a couple of "internet crushes" . . . and a few with people I know in person. I've never told the people about them, though. Why? Because I'm smart enough to know that they're passing infatuations that don't really mean anything in the long run. Or at least, if one will end up meaning something, there's no way to tell which one. So, I keep my mouth shut; opening it would only add unnecessary complications to perfectly good friendships.

Teenagers don't know jack about love. I know; I'm one of them. :p[/color]

Guest oneplumshort
[quote name='Chris']well, lately i've had feelings for someone, and it's kind of creeping me out. i'm a strait male, and i have never found a guy attractive before, but this guy is special. he's so sweet and caring, and he's suprisingly hot. i don't know what to do becuase, as a christian, i'm supossed to be strait. this guy seems to be strait, or atleast on the outside. i have reason to doubt it. i just don't know what to do. he's actually a mod here. i don't know what it is about syk, but i just can't stop thinking about him. what should i do?[/quote]

dude are u seroise? i think u should pray....... -_-

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][SIZE=1][B]Online crushes!!!!

I personally would love to get into Charles cp too! ...but based from this thread I found out there's too many rivals so I'm giving up on him.

Crushes are cool and sweet especially if you have someone to talk about it with. Having read this thread I would also like to reveal a certain unbelievable truth about a previous crush of mine that well... went down the drain. Not to discourage anyone though but be like me....brave enough to tell truth... ^_^x

I had a crush online basically because he writes well. His choice of words along with the cool flow of thoughts in his paragraphs are captivating and is pleasing to the ears. I really admired him for that. I went on reading most of his writings. And i followed what is said in this thread... "Get to know him first"... so I did and even visited his myOtaku site and guess what I found out... he's a SHE.

I know it's basically my fault for thinking she's a he but her name appears to be of a he and her avatar is mostly a guy's pic. No regrets though... I still admired her writing... only the crush thing is gone and it was alright since it's just the net.

As I have said I visited her myOtaku, I found out her site in one of her posts here in OB. Yes she's from OB, she's a moderator... of Anime Lounge, she's the Melody of Oblivion, and her name is Dagger.[/B][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Purple][B][SIZE=1]EDIT: Whew... that took real guts to say...[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

I have a crush on someone know but I am a little afraid of comitment. so I am not sure what to do. We both know that the other one likes each other but we still don't go out. I will figure out what to do soon enough though.

Shippou

Guest VelvetNightmare
[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray] i know what its like to be afraid of commitment. i ve been with my significant other for four months and we ve had problems where i freak out about losing him. i ve had some bad expreiences in the past, but i ve learned every one is different and reacts differently. anyways.
i dont blame you for being afraid of commitment. its natural. and being friends is always a great thing. sometimes more fruitful then being in a relationship.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Georgia]I usually tell the guy stright off how i feel, if he feels the same way then we go out, if he doesn't then we become friends (most times)

But recently, i'm having weird dreams about this guy i went out with a long time ago, i still miss him very much and it's not like me at all to feel for someone for so long *SIGHS*

~peace~[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1][color=darkblue]Crushes, oh yes. I've had one online, one off. Trust me, the one that was in my life off the internet made my whole year a living hell. Then I found out the wonderful thing! He felt the same way about me! Well, we so called got together... we occasionaly went to a movie... there was always a lot of akward silence between us... and we broke up about a week ago! Whoo! I feel special. Hey, there were the good times before things got weird between us to remember.
The crush I had online, happened right here at the OB! ^_^ Those were truely great times. We both kind of confessed our feelings to each other and then decided to have an online relationship. Things were going wonderful, but then his IM thing messed up and he couldn't use MSN Messenger anymore. We kinda got out of contact and a few weeks ago I found him again! Now he has moved on and has a girlfriend, which I think is great. But, hey, we are still good friends! *huggles Assassin* Thanks for the great times, buddy, I solute you! ^_^
Well, my experience with love has been sort of bittersweet, but then again, that is life for you and I still have the rest of my life ahead of me... I'm sure there is someone out there for me, but hey, I can't expect to much now and I don't need to... I am only a teenager after all.[/color][/size]

[size=1]Charles and Transtic, behave. [i]Sheesh.[/i]

My life right now is very crush-tastic. I kinda-halfway-sorta like one of my guy friends, and there are a couple people I've met through other friends that I may or may not have a crush on. (Odds are on [i]may[/i], but whatever, right?)

Mostly, though, it's just cool to be able to hang out with them, because their very awesome people all around. I won't be seeing them once school starts up again, which kinda sucks, but there's not much I can do about it 'cept hang out with them till summer's over, heh.[/size]

[quote name='Chris']well, lately i've had feelings for someone, and it's kind of creeping me out. i'm a strait male, and i have never found a guy attractive before, but this guy is special. he's so sweet and caring, and he's suprisingly hot. i don't know what to do becuase, as a christian, i'm supossed to be strait. this guy seems to be strait, or atleast on the outside. i have reason to doubt it. i just don't know what to do. he's actually a mod here. i don't know what it is about syk, but i just can't stop thinking about him. what should i do?[/quote]:smooch: And here I thought you'd never return my love!

Anywho. :o

As you may or may not know, I was involved in a pretty long internet relationship that kind of stemmed from a crush. In the end, though, she helped me realize that it was really too difficult to sustain such a relationship simply through AIM and by phone, so we broke it off. For those of you who currently have internet crushes, if you develope it and truely love each other, the bounds can be overcome, but be prepared for a lot of commitment.

As for myself, I'm done with internet relationships for now. I'd like to have an offline partner, and I did have a crush at one time last year, but I'm much too shy to approach a girl that I have feelings for, lol. :p So I've decided that I'm just not going to worry about it, and wait until I'm a little older and can provide for a more mature relationship, but if the right girl comes along, who am I to deny the opportunity? haha

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] All I have to say is... Have you ever had a crush on someone , well , awkward... well even if they're the same gender it can tell you what you find attractive in a person.. Let's say... You have a major crush on the new science teacher... Well why do you like him? Say he's funny , Then you find funny people attractrive...
NEW SUBJECT

When I have a crush on someone... I don't go up to them and say "Hey your hott! Let's go out on a date!" I wait a little while to see what they're about , and if they're not Mr.right then I don't loose the crush.. Yet I don't keep it , I still admire them.
And if somebody does make the mistake of love at first glance , (and they're not so.. attractive) Then just say your not interested , don't say " like you as a friend but not that way"becuase all they hear is " I don't like you , and I'm not interested".
The truth may hurt , but hey , better let them know how you feel or they will be even more hurt.

That's reallly what I think. I wait my crushes out cause I just.... do. It's weird I get along with males alot easier than females ( It might be because of my being a Tomboy)The girls are jelous cause I have good friendships with the boys. I'm crushing right now on one of my guy friends and I'm telling him when I next see him cause If I don't I'm afraid some else ( like the few female friends I have) will tell him. Part of me wants to go out with him yet the other part thinks it's screwy going out with your best friend. I think I'm just afraid that if i do go out with him and we breakup , Our friendship will be Screwed. Like I say , It's always to have a good Friendship than a relationship. ( If I don't want to go out with a friend from [B]My[/B] school , I'll go out with a guy from another school..... Wait They'll Shoot me for that)

I have up on love a long time ago. Everytime I like or love someone they do not like me or dump me because of my appearence. I would never break up with a gir, I cannot stand to see them cry and I hate to hurt people. I have enough in my life hurting me then to see the one I love cry. The only relationships I have are with my made up role play characters on yahoo and there wives children and girlfriends.

But as of now I have no crushes what so ever.

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Well I've been reading about internet crushes and tought hey I haven't posted here in a while. So I do it now......well internet crushes.....I never really had one. But i'm sure it must be fun to have a crush over the internet. It does kinda depress me that you'll never really see the person in person. But hey you know what they say about that. But I've had my outside crushes that well........really didn't have a good turn out. See I told my friend that I liked him in front of my other friend who I never knew liked me. Wow! Was he pissed off! But long story short it wasn't a happy scene. But in all we are all friends, besides there was this stupid rule in our group that we can't date anyone in the group. The only exception was that we can have sex. That sucks...i'm not a one night stand! Anyways crushes can be so evil.[/COLOR]

• 1 year later...
Guest xXKikoKakumeiXx
i like this guy in highschool and i have like him for about 3 years and i still havent asked him out and he knows i like him!!!!!!

Welcome xXKikoKakumeiXx!

Please do not bring back long dead threads. This thread was last active back in 2004. If you feel this topic still has some discussion value we prefer you begin a new thread versus resurrecting an ancient one. For that reason I am going to lock this thread.

We also have a high standard for posting quality. Make sure when responding to a thread you use proper spelling and capitalization in your post. It makes your response much easier to read.

If you have any questions about posting here on the OtakuBoards please feel free to PM myself or any of the other moderators on the site. Thanks!

-Panda