OtakuBoards

Tales of Symphonia

Dragonballzman

[quote name='Sosogomi']I don't know if this is a spoiler or not.[/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]Then just simply put up tags, cause, well, you're not sure. :rolleyes:

But yeah, at first I was a bit disappointed with Sheena (dumb name, too), but as the end of Disc One and all of Disc Two progressed, I started liking her because she seemed to open up more, and wasn't as pissy. So now she's my favorite, although I didn't use her in battle as much as I did Zelos.

[b](!!BIG SPOILER!!)[/b] [spoiler]And speaking of, I was so irritated and disappointed when towards the end Zelos completely betrayed the party and kidnapped Colette for Mithos! [/spoiler] He was my favorite character, lol, second only to Sheena. T.T

I don't like the way the game's scenarios are slow, like, everyone "takes turns" talking and taking action. And there's not much emotion or action going on unless your battling, and the only emotion/reaction I got out of the whole game was surprise (plot twists). It's an awesome game (mainly the gameplay and graphics), but there's only [spoiler]one actual cutscene that I've seen so far[/spoiler] (I'm at the final boss), and it heavily disappointed me because I was expecting something like that integrated into the game's story, like the FF and Lunar games.

And yeah, I definitely agree with the "attacks and spells go through the target" glitch-deal-thingy. :cross: And I hate it when bosses keep attacking/casting when you continuously beat the living crap out of them. That really ticks me off, because even with EX Skills, etc. enabled, it still takes some time to cast my own, and one little flick from the stupid boss sends me flying backwards. >_O+[/color][/size]

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Dark Serena][size=1][color=purple]

[b](!!BIG SPOILER!!)[/b] [spoiler]And speaking of, I was so irritated and disappointed when towards the end Zelos completely betrayed the party and kidnapped Colette for Mithos! [/spoiler] He was my favorite character, lol, second only to Sheena. T.T

[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]It doesn't have to happen that way. It only happens if you decide to get Kratos at Flanior when three people knock at your hotel door just answer any of them except the last one. The last one is Kratos.When you leave the next day Lloyd asks ZZelos if he can be trusted and he answer right away. If you answerd the last knock he will stutterbbefore answering. And Zelos won't betray you and something else happens.. But im not telling.[/spoiler]

Guest The Pro
Yeah, it dose own, but i had a problem, at first i thought it was ur standeres TBS, so i selected Automatic from the begging, it was fun watching them do all those cool things and all, but overall it just got boring, only about just after the desert levels did i realise that i had another option to mkae it alot more fun, so i had to start over couse you cant change it in-game, which kinda pissed me off, but still great game. The plot WAS a little bit over-used tho, kinda reminded me of Evolution Worlds, couse it has the same basic plot, little yunge hero in red, beautiful blonde chosen person, but it is always a good plot, and never eally goes outta style.Never actualy completed it, only rented it, too cheap to buy it, plus it is probably got the best graphics of any NGC ever, and probably the best game aswell. LOved it. Plan to buy it. Plus i love all nintendo games unless there gay like pokemon

[quote name='The Pro']Plus i love all nintendo games unless there gay like pokemon[/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]A person's word usage reflects the person himself. :nope: And it's not a Nintendo game, it's just on a Nintendo console. +>_O But yeah, I'm sure that's what you meant. . .well, I hope it's what you meant. :rolleyes:

And I had no clue that you can do that with Zelos--change the scenario! :eek: Sheesh. I guess I should start a new file when I have the time, lol. :p

The side-scrolling battles sometimes get annoying, because I can't really [i]dodge[/i] attacks, which is what I'd like to do rather than just jump/run away. But I am relieved that magic spells can be avoidable--or some, if not all, anyways--because itmakes the fight a bit more realistic. And "roaming" battle movement, whether it's linear or all-around, like Star Ocean, gives you a feeling of "Ahaha, I dodged it!" rather than just sit there cause you know you're gonna get hit by the spell no matter what. :cross:

But sitll, I don't mind turn-based either. That's why I like RPGs--they're different and the same all at once. :whoops: [/color][/size]

You can dodge attacks by pressing back plus jump at the same time. I think that's plenty. I don't find it all that useful in the thick of battle anyway... so I guess it just depends.

As far as I'm concerned, it's one of the better real time battle engines in a RPG. It absolutely decimates Star Ocean 2's (which is flawed beyond belief) and from all I've read SO3 as well (which apparently has even more glitches and awful AI).

This game works pretty well, I think. If you're smart you can block a good portion of attacks and dodge most others. Some things are obviously unavoidable, but that's how it should be. I've honestly not had any issues with the spells/attacks going through characters to the point that it affected the outcome of a battle.

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']You can dodge attacks by pressing back plus jump at the same time. I think that's plenty. I don't find it all that useful in the thick of battle anyway... so I guess it just depends.[/quote]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=Purple]Well, I mean by roaming around and stuff. But yeah I do agree with you since it DOES have a linear whatchamacallit battle system, lol. :p I block pretty well, but jumping I suck at. T_T[/color][/size]

• 2 weeks later...
I finally took the time out today and finished the game. I hadn't touched it in weeks due to new games... had I known I was only like two hours from the end, I would have just kept going.

[spoiler]It's far shorter than I expected. Including a good deal of the initially available sidequests, it only took me 31 hours to complete. My highest character was level 63. The final area was also kind of disappointing for me, mostly because you've seen a good portion of it before. The last boss fight was not bad, although disturbingly easy. I'm still surprised by the easy level of difficulty this game had.

My ending scenes involved Sheena, by the way. Yay! She's my favorite.[/spoiler]

• 2 weeks later...
I know this thread is old now. But how can you guys like Sheena?! She sucks! :p

My favorite character was Zelos, but I was too sentimental so [spoiler]I got Kratos back so that the whole father-son reunion could take place. Which turned out to be utterly useless when at the end of the game Kratos left to travel around with Derris-Kharlan and Lloyd just stayed on Earth and told Dirk, "I already have a dad here." STUPID.[/spoiler]

Actually I was really unimpressed with all of my ending scenes. :( Other than that, though, I really enjoyed the gameplay and stuff like that ... Although my game did tend to slow down a lot during some of Genis' spells, like Cyclone.

• 2 weeks later...
possibly one of the best GCN games EVER!
this mix of anime and video games blends into a world of unsurpassable fun!
i love the anime cutscenes (very few but AWESOME!)
and the battle system is near faultless, only messing up in the fact that items are a must.
the sound of the game isnt perfect but its ok! but the graphics of cel-shading are a perfect match.
i would reccomend it for almost any gamecube owner, it is the best game since the wind waker!
try it, i loved it!

[color=#4B0082]Merged this with the original ToS thread. In the future, please look for previously existing threads on the same subject (the search function makes this quick and easy) before creating a new one. Thanks. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

Yes, it is definitely a fantastic game. One of GCs best easily.
One of the funnest RPGs I've ever played.
It's quite long, and still has tons of replay value.

I haven't beaten it myself (had to take a break for a few other games), but i can't wait to beat it and start New Game Plus.

This is a great RPG and a great GC game. I like the real-time fighting system instead of turn-based. The story is good, even if Colette is kinda annoying. Lloyd is voiced by the same person who does Robin off of Teen Titans, which is cool. The boss battle was kinda easy, but it was still good. I'm in my second time through, and it's still just as fun.

Also, I don't know if anyone put this up, but I will. Here's a tip. If you use Zelos as your on-screen character and you talk to women, they usually give you stuff.

Guest destinydragons
[SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]i[FONT=Arial] agree with strayed souls. this game is a great rpg release for gc. im half-way through it and the graphics, storyline and even the anime skits are fantastic!! nikorasu u r Wrong big time. i talked to every woman i met with zelos and they gave me crap! so y does it work for u??? :confused: [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/SIZE]

It's a great game, but I had one major problem. The cutscenes... It was mainly due to the fact they used boxs to hold the text, it dosn't allow for movment and spekaing at the same time, so it didn't seem very fluid. Also, they always turned right to the person they were talking to. Do you always face the person your talking to? That sorta pissed me off, but the game was still great.

I'm stuck in the stupid Yimir Forest, it's jsut pissing me off... I found the White Seed, but then I frogot to save and I quit, then when I went back I couldn't find it... and I tried all the trees... kinda gay.

• 2 weeks later...
Raine was voiced by Kari Wahlgren, who was also Haruko in FLCL, Cher in Wolf's Raine, and Robin in Witch Hunter Robin. Tara Strong also did the voice of Corrine. Sheesh, I'm surprised no one picked up on that.

Now, setting that minor-rant aside...

WOW. This game was like a kick in tehf ace to me because I was beginning to beleive that Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem and Simpson's: Hit and Run were the only good games for gamecube. Beautiful cel-shaded graphics. A musical score that, while it got a bit repetative towards the second disc, was still beautiful. Background animations that were like something out of the .hack//SIGN anime cel shaded. A battle system that simply tears any other battle system even made to shreds. Characters you can truly care about, no small thanks given to their voice actors.

WOW

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='terra']I know this thread is old now. But how can you guys like Sheena?! She sucks! :p[/quote]

Check her status cahracter picture. Look at her chest. How can ya not like her :P.

But she's good in abttle. I alays use this combo when I play as her.

Attack attack attack Serpant Seal Pinion attack attack Demon seal, then I would block if it's a boss, if not I would run up to it and do it again.

[QUOTE=terra]
Although my game did tend to slow down a lot during some of Genis' spells, like Cyclone.[/QUOTE]

It's supposed to slow down, or else the game would freeze compeltely. If you wnat to see how it goes in normal tiem, kill off all of your characters except Genis and have genis to cast Cyclone( have the concentrate EX skil on! )

Which Compound EX skill do you have attached to your char? I have Glory on Presea and COncentrate on Genis and Rain.

OH and whats teh highest combo you ever had? I had 255 combo since my enemy died before i could continue on :(.

I was fighting a Bacura BTW. Each hit/spell is 1 damage each. and it has 255 HP.

This game is finally getting released in Australia and I'm so overjoyed. As soon as I heard about it I went down to my local gaming store and preordered it. I've been waiting for over a year. This should be awesome. Counting down the days, about a week to go.

[quote name='terra']I know this thread is old now. But how can you guys like Sheena?! She sucks! :p[/quote]

[size=1][color=royalblue]Hey!! She happens to be my favorite! But she does suck in battle--I hardly use her then. I guess I like her because we have a lot in common, lol. :whoops: Our personalities are almost a perfect match.

And Haruko's voice actress is in there?!?! Dat's just awesome, lol!! I know I've heard Kratos's voice a bunch of times elsewhere, but I just can't put my finger on it. -_o;

I STILL haven't gotten around to beating the game--it's just one of those [spoiler]damned "can't-leave-the-area" situations, because I never knew what lied ahead...otherwise I'd've stayed behind and did all those side quests and crap. <.<[/spoiler]

But I started a new file, lol. I never knew the scenarios could change. I've yet to get the Player's Guide--I don't wanna waste most of my time wandering aimlessly, searching for stuff I missed. :P When I started all over I completely forgot how awesome this game was!! ^o^

But what I hate may be an odd observation...but I don't like the way they designed the skies and stuff. They made it look like you're in some solid dome with a painted ceiling. I totally think that kills the environmental beauty I see in a lot of RPGs. The clouds don't even move![/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Mithos][url]http://student.dpg.devry.edu/~d00752586/videos/talesofsymphoniabacura.wmv[/url]

Check this out....[/QUOTE]
[color=#4B0082]You know, if that video weren't really dang awesome, I would've deleted that post. In the future, if you have a link like that which you want to share, at least tell what it's to and a bit about whatever it is. When someone posts a link and says barely anything, I generally just delete the post unless the link is to a page with information that's highly relevant to the thread's discussion.[/color]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Century Gothic][quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']You know, if that video weren't really dang awesome, I would've deleted that post. In the future, if you have a link like that which you want to share, at least tell what it's to and a bit about whatever it is. When someone posts a link and says barely anything, I generally just delete the post unless the link is to a page with information that's highly relevant to the thread's discussion.[/color][/quote]

...I don't know what to feel...

http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/pictures/ToS%20(JP)%20Godly%20Numbers.jpg

This is a pic of a record that someone has. It's legendary. Someone played the game over 140 times, achieved combos over 3000, and other things...

This is on the PS2 version of ToS (Japan exclusive!) so thats why it's so high (Presea Hi-Ougi rocks).

[spoiler]http://n.ethz.ch/student/wmartin/videos/ToS%20PS2%20(JP)%20Kratos'%20Shining%20Bind.wmv[/spoiler]

This is a link to Kratos' Hi-Ougi (Secret Tech) called shining bind. Enjoy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]