OtakuBoards

myOtaku Suggestions / Features

jblessing

[quote name='jblessing']This space is reserved.[/quote]

HIi I'm a little confused, :(
None of my submited artwork is showing up.
I even fixed the pixel size and I'm just a little upset...
Please reply with tips. Also I am new to computers so please email me at [email][email protected][/email]

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Amun Ra]HIi I'm a little confused, :(
None of my submited artwork is showing up.
I even fixed the pixel size and I'm just a little upset...
Please reply with tips. Also I am new to computers so please email me at [email][email protected][/email][/QUOTE]

Amun Ra, try re-submitting your art work. I just went through all the art that were waiting for approval. Perhaps there was a glitch in the system when you submitted. Try re-submitting and hopefully it will make it on the site. :)

Just a reminder to everyone. Make sure the art you are submitting is your original work. Screen captures, which there have been many of, are not considered fan art. Anyone with questions about this can PM me.

Keep up the great fan art everyone!

~Panda

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1]Is there any way you could include a more advanced search feature, that would go over specific categories, such as the hobbies/interests/occupation stuff you put in the menu bar? They seem to have this feature on a lot of blog/livejournal/myspace-type sites, and I think it would be helpful. Members could search for other people who enjoy their favorite anime, or have the same hobbies as them, or even someone of the same age group.

Also, simiilar sites let you generate groups (or cliques or webrings, or whatever you want to call it) that give you a greater degree of customization than the simple "friends" bar. I really appreciate that bar, btw, but the idea of having myOtaku cliques, and possibly a separate page on the myOtaku site to display which groups they are a part of (similar to the quiz manager.)

Just some suggestions.

-Shy[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR="#004a6f"]I just wanted to mention tht since the theotaku update, it's been a little harder to find your own art. There used to be a whole list in the backroom of your own art, with indicating the number of comments and such and an option to delete each pic. Now we have to find our art the way would would with other peoples, and then click on each picture and view it first, and then we can have the option to edit it. It's not a huge deal really, but it would be nice that if we click "submit your art", we would have a list of all the other art we submitted shown too. That's the way it used to be.[/COLOR]

i wanted to add that i thought that the picture html thingies were awesome! [where you would put the website of the picture into the slot and press a button and all the required html would pop into the post screen] but they are gone now :( and i also wanted to add maybe the usage of all the smilies that are available on the otaku boards would be SUPER for the posts, they really add alot to expressing emotions :cool: thanks -sempo :p :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
Tony can't post in this area of the boards, so he wanted me to relay this idea here for him. He wants to suggest a section that shows the last five or so comments on your myOtaku. His reasoning is that sometimes people comment on older entries, and unless you actually took the time to look through your archives, which isn't very likely, there would be no way you'd know about them.

[quote name='Shinmaru']Tony can't post in this area of the boards, so he wanted me to relay this idea here for him. He wants to suggest a section that shows the last five or so comments on your myOtaku. His reasoning is that sometimes people comment on older entries, and unless you actually took the time to look through your archives, which isn't very likely, there would be no way you'd know about them.[/quote]

[color=green]That's a very good idea, I often have problems with that and dont realize people have commented on old entries till weeks later.[/color]

[size=1]A different way to play the music on people's site would be great. Half the time on my computer I get the "Your browser does not support this feature, sorry!" when I was just playing music on the same site the other day or a few hours earlier.[/size]

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='fanfaf']dont close threads that are small[/quote][size=1][color=#9900CC]Welcome to OtakuBoards, fanfaf. Please be sure to review our rules (you can find a link to them along the left-hand sidebar).

This thread is for suggestions for [url=http://myOtaku.com]myOtaku.com[/url], not OtakuBoards. There's a difference.

To answer your post anyway, a thread isn't closed necessarily because it's "small" but because the moderator's don't believe it can lead to discussion. If you have any questions of complaints about the closing of a thread, feel free to PM the moderator of that forum and ask.

don't let the sun go down on me,
Sara[/color][/size]

I had this idea pop into my head a few minutes ago...

Is it possible to create an option for MyO, where you can place a background image on your sidebar? the one on the left, that is.

I'd like to be able to create images for the sidebar that would be a part of my style, if it's possible.

[COLOR=#004a6f][QUOTE=Shinje (sic)]I had this idea pop into my head a few minutes ago...

Is it possible to create an option for MyO, where you can place a background image on your sidebar? the one on the left, that is.[/QUOTE]Hey that's a really good idea. It's just too bad that some people make their text impossible to see with weird color combinations and backgrounds. Some people use extra coding to make their page see through so their background shows right through. This can really hurt your eyes if you're trying to read their posts! It seem more appropriate that if you're gonna have a background where your text is, it should be more like a watermark so it doesn't stand out too much.

Anyway here's one of my suggestions for myOtaku: How about having additional style options for your page? Like a place to put each scroll bar color hex-code? I miss my colored scrollbar before myOtaku was updated. I can't make it work anymore.

Here's another suggestion: Although this may seem a little too advanced for now, how about allowing users to have more than one post style? You can save them sort of like skins, and when you make a post, you can choose the skin you want to apply. You can also set a certain style to be your default so if you need to make a quick post, it's already picked for you. There should also be an option no to even use a post style when making a post.

This "skins"can also apply to your page style. Each style can be edited and saved, that way, if you change your style, you easily go back to the one had before. Ofcourse, there should be a limit to how many "skins" you have. 3-5 seems reasonable.

And one more thing: For andvanced users who know what they're doing, how about having a feature where you can type in the name of the font you want or the hex code of the color. And example is shown below:
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/Chabichou/Posting.jpg[/IMG]

In our user settings we can choose the easy or more advanced mode depending on your html skill.

I would also like to mention that the amount of choice we get in posting styles seems to be a teeny bit inconsistent with the different types of posts and comments there are on myotaku. Sometimes, HTML is completely disabled, so I can't even use HTML for my own font settings, and can only use what is in the dropdown menues. Other times it's enabled. Sometimes, there's choice for font size, other times, there isn't. See what I mean? I think that all the font features should be available when making any type of post, whether it be one of your blog posts, a comment, a guestbook entry, or a private message. Of course, It doesn't seem necessary to have emoticons available everywhere, so that can be left out for certain types of comments like those for artwork. You don't want to clutter up the site too much.

So, that's my two cents.[/COLOR]

[size=1]I had an idea late last night, in terms of when people update, and a new way to show it. What if you did it like an email inbox type updated thing? [In terms of appearance]

If they have updated since you last visited, then they will stay blue [which also overcomes the multiple updates per day issue]. And if you want to 'mark all read' then you could. So, if they updated a week ago and you still haven't visited them, then they will be blue. If you've already been to their site today, but they update again, they will turn blue.

Just an idea. I hope I explained it clearly enough, lol.[/size]

• 4 weeks later...
I apologize in advance if this was mentioned before. ^_^;;

Anyway, there are other blog-type sites let users create open "community" accounts. For example, there are quite a few LiveJournal communities that focus on specific anime and/or manga--the members can link to fanart, post fanfiction, discuss the series, etc. On the whole, they're quite friendly and welcoming. It's very similar to a regular blog, except that you have multiple people posting entries.

I don't know if it's at all feasible, but it would be interesting if theOtaku gave users this option, or attached communities built on the myO template to the most popular hubs. Generally, I've found that blog communities sort of serve a different purpose than message boards, so I don't think something like this would necessarily have to compete with OB. Just a thought, I guess. ^_^

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]*points Dagger to [url=www.myotaku.com/myHero]myHero[/url]*

^_^; Thats already practisable.[/size][/QUOTE]

That's not quite what I was referring to, heh. Just from glancing at it, the account looks to be exclusive rather than inclusive--i.e. it's not as though just anyone can join up and start posting on a whim. Of course, I don't actually know anything about the project, so I could be misreading it.

What I meant was the kind of thing where you can click a link to join the community and then post something immediately, so long as you're already a member of myO... no passwords and such involved except for the people running/moderating the community in question. Meh, I'm not doing too good a job of explaining this. I hope that makes sense. >_<

I can link to examples of this sort of community, if you like.

~Dagger~

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]*points Dagger to [url=www.myotaku.com/myHero]myHero[/url]*

^_^; Thats already practisable.[/size][/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1][FONT=Arial]myHero is a lot of people with the password to one account. That's a completely different (and insecure way) to run a community, heh. Maybe you should actually take a look at an lj community to get the gist. =P[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
[size=1][color=gray]Just an idea that I'd like to suggest: In the "Edit Styles" page, would it be possible to have an option to make the background of the page stationary? That way, backgrounds that were not meant to be repeated on a page will remain in place and not move as the page does.

Currently I use a code in my introduction to keep my stationary, but this code only keeps my background stationary on the main page of my site and not any of the others.

-DDG[/size][/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=blue]Is there any way we can get the linking to a specific post thing back? It used to be possible, when the comments link would have the post on top of it. Now, when I want to say, "check out this post" or something, I have to say, "go to page 14 in my blog and it should be the second from the bottom."

I missed that feature, and it was nice to highlight particular entries every now and then. Sometimes I'll pick up about an event or something from a previous post, so newer people have no idea what I'm talking about. You can see where I'm going with this.

Am I the only one who misses that "feature?"[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...