OtakuBoards

Who would you take a bullet for and who would you die for?

Krycifer

Ah but Ray.........what about Metallica, Maiden, SOAD. I Would DIE ! If i couldnt hear them live. So basically if i saved my own then i would die from Music Deprevation, lol. And then if you die then you could listen to them whilst you you are dead. In Heaven or Hell, or even a spirit.

So Metallica ! Maiden and System of a Down would be my choice. Also all my friends and Family, that also means MyOtaku family. Ray yes, you don't have to worry about any bullets ! lol, neither does Kev, Matt, all of them, Gemma, Psychic Dot, Fiona, all of them.

[size=1][color=red] Oh yes, dying and taking the bullet and appearing to be the hero. So dramatic, so full of panache, of power to make people cry, especially over your grave after you've died and intone, "Oh, he was a hero!"

Well, I can tell you one thing. I refuse to answer stereotypical questions, and I'd [i]never[/i] take a bullet from this thread. I'd let the beast die right in front of my eyes.

And I'm not a hero in the hero sense, nor do I want to be. As you see, it's only those who die, and usually young, that are heroes.

People like Jesus Christ, Jim Morrison, John Lennon (he's a cool cat), John Fitzgerald Kennedy (another cool cat), and what have you.

Hey, kids! If you want to be remembered, die young, and take a bullet, just like JFK or John Lennon, and die believing you believe something, thus allowing you to die with a label on you and die being remembered for that cause!

Or you can always get crucified on the cross. . .and say, "Forgive them father, they know not what they do," as you die a slow and painful tantrum of death.

Also, I believe in Jesus [i]the person[/i], but not what Religion's made him out to be, as some scapegoat, as some figurehead. It's pish posh. Maybe the man did take a bullet for me to go to some Haven in the sky, but like I want to go there, and like this so-called "Haven" even exists.

Just remember kids, even heroes have the right to bleed.[/size][/color]

[color=#9933ff]I thought of something. I don't know whether it's a proverb, or something a person said once, but I know of a chinese phrase that says: "Confront a man with the danger of death, and he will fight to live." (The Pinyin is "Zhi Zhi Si Di Er Hou Sheng" - if anyone can confirm this, I'd be grateful)

I'm not really quite sure what I'd do in this situation. But I'd like to think that I would take a bullet for friends I really cared about, and my family. I'm very emotional about this stuff.

Ken also said something to me once. He basically said that since I'd be taking a bullet for him, and he'd be taking a bullet for me, we'd knock each other down, and the bullet would fly over our heads, which I think is a great solution - since no one dies! XD [/color]

• 8 months later...
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][CENTER]I'd die for anyone as well...but if I were to be specific...the three I'd die for above all else would be my brother, my girlfried, and my mother. I live by a certain quote for most..."I would not only die for you...but I would live for you all the same."[/CENTER][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT=Tahoma]Well call me mean, but I wouldn't take the bullet for my family. We aren't too close and I just don't see myself doing that, especially in the face of death. But you can't really tell what you're going to do when it might be your last action. The only person I can swear to, is my darling Matthew, I would take a thousand guns head on just to ensure his beautiful soul can continue to grace this earth. I promise this to him, and sadly no one else.

- Kittalona .[/FONT]

hmmmm...

That's a tough question to answer, on some level I would die or take a bullet for anyone. I just can't stand by and watch something go down if I have the power to stop it. However, I would prefer that it be for someone I love or care for. Not that I don't care for others, it's just that my feelings are more deep for them than they are for a total stanger. Truthfully I hope I never have to face such a decision.

I would take a bullet for anyone, dieing by getting shot is not somthing i can let happen. If a person is about to get shot, i would do what is right and save that person, no one deserves to get shot. And dieing, i would die for the world. The world were everyone lives, and creature live, i would die for it and everyone that lives on her. I cherish my life, but there are more importen things then caring about only you. :catgirl:

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I like to think of it this way; depends on the size of the gun and the calibur of bullet. If its a .22 I'll THINK about it but if its gets bigger than .45 my chances of jumping in front of a bullet for you have just been lowered drastically! I mean, lets face it folks if someone is staring through a scope, down the barrel of a very large rifle are you going to jump in front of THAT bullet? I know I wouldn't.

Okay, jokes aside I don't know who I'd take a bullet for and who I'd die for. I suppose I'd take a bullet for the President and die for the Pope.

Okay, okay. Jokes finally aside.
I'll have to say, If the bullet wouldn't kill me then I could see myself taking it for anyone but if it were sure to kill me I'd take it for my immediate family, and ONE other person. That other person is...Annie. You know her, you love her and you know you'd take a bullet for her, too. [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff'].... He basically said that since I'd be taking a bullet for him, and he'd be taking a bullet for me, we'd knock each other down, and the bullet would fly over our heads, which I think is a great solution - since no one dies! XD [/color][/quote]

And that's how it oughta be =P

I really can't think of any possible real-life situations where anyone would have to take a bullet for anyone, unless they lived where I live and became "active in the community".

I mean, unless you do really dumb things/blunder yourself into really stupid situations, most people wouldnt be in that situation unless they were at war.

And, like others have said before me, when adrenaline is being pumped and circulated heavily in your system, your perceptions and such change. Reaction time is faster, heart rate is way up there; your body is in a fight or flight mode. And so your way of thinking could very much indeed change.

So not counting completely random-but-rare situations, most people wont ever have to choose.

[quote name='Overlord_Ray']I want to point this out it is very unlikely that anyone whom you would think would take a bulet for you would because the main part of the human brain says---Hmm life threatening situation = SELF PRESERVATION!!!!![/quote]

Ahh, but every mind thinks differently, does it not? There are some people who I sincerely believe would make the ultimate sacrifice for another soul(s). As for me, I try to take the most logical path on a grander scale. I would take a bullet for anyone who I deem is "better" than me, in a sense. The way I see it, if I am standing next to someone who can contribute something to the world more than I can, I would gladly step in the way to block a bullet. This means I would not sacrifice myself for my parents, because they have already fulfilled their potential and it would be a waste if I, basically a product of their hard work and dedication, sacrificed myself for them. Currently, I only know one person well enough to know that I would probably risk my life for, a female "comrade" of mine (Who is definitely superior to me in most aspects we share in common). Also, just because you would take a bullet for them does not neccesarily mean you'd have to die (unless a vital organ was hit...). Plus, in a more selfish aspect, wouldn't it be "glorious" to die/be maimed, in preservation of another life? Based on my knowledge of human nature, that is what most people think when they state they would risk their life for another...

P.S. As most people pointed out, the chance of a situation like this occuring is extremely rare, but this is completely hypothetical and should be answered as such.

[COLOR=DarkGreen]If I was caught within a situation that costed me my life for anyone in general, even an enemy, I would do so. I am a natural honorable person and would hate living with the fact that I could've saved a life, but chose not to.

I have lost many in my life, I will not state names, but after years of mourning and blaming myself, I realized that it wasn't my fault and that the situation was helpless. But now I try to help as many as I possibly can. ^.^[/COLOR]

[quote name='gatorschick99']well, going off how my life has been this past week i wouldnt take a bullet for anyone but i would love the thought of death and no longer being in this world[/quote]

How morbid... my sympathies for whatever has gone wrong in the past week, but you might feel better if you told us (or me) about it...

[QUOTE=Silpheed][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]
Okay, okay. Jokes finally aside.
I'll have to say, If the bullet wouldn't kill me then I could see myself taking it for anyone but if it were sure to kill me I'd take it for my immediate family, and ONE other person. [b]That other person is...Annie. [/b]You know her, you love her and you know you'd take a bullet for her, too. [/SIZE] [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=darkgreen]Joe, I love you so much.

Aside from my immediate family, there would be few people I'd take a bullet for. I would take a bullet for the former member Charlie Levoy. She means alot ot me, and she's been through more than what I can try and angst over.

I would also take a bullet for Mimminx. She's incredible and too kind to me, and it kills me just to see her having a bad day. So I'd probably just yell "Shoot me!" and flail my arms about if someone held a gun up to her. Even if it weren't a death situation. I'd take the shot before I'd let anyone hurt her. (Unfortunately, she lives across the globe, so I couldn't do that T_T )

Last, but [b]not[/b] least, Silpheed (Joe). I cannot tell you how much he means to me. He's given me so much, and I cherish him to tears. I would happily take a bullet for him. If it were "You die, Joe lives", I'd do it. However, there's a problem with me and him posting to something like this:

"Okay suckers, *bad guy points gun at Joe*"

Me: "Me! Kill me!"

Joe: "Absolutely not!"

Me: "What? You're not going to die." *points to herself and beckons the bad guy's aim*

Joe: "I don't even think so." *grabs the guy's wrist*

Yeah, he and I can't ever blame each other for anything; more less, we won't let each other win. ^_^ But all that aside, Joe would be the one I die for.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Hm...

Well, I'd definitely take a bullet for my brothers, but I'm not so sure about anyone else. Perhaps a child (someone younger than me). I'd never take a bullet for someone over the age of twenty though. I just have this burning desire to live, so I might not even take a bullet for a child, even if I didn't know them. Actually, now that I think about how stressful such a situation would be, I'd probably stare in shock as the kid was gunned down. I wouldn't really have the balls to jump in the line of fire for someone I didn't know.

My parent's wouldn't want me to take the bullet, same for my other relatives. They'd want me to experience life to the fullest -- but I wouldn't have courage enough to do otherwise anyway. v_v

I'm not even gonna feign like I'm some honorable-dogooder. If I don't know you, or you seem to have experienced a longer life than I have, I'm not going to take a bullet. I have a serious aversion to pain and death in general. It's selfish, but I'd rather keep my own life than save an anonymous one.[/SIZE]