OtakuBoards

Super Smash Bros. Melee

Guest Vash331

Heh. People who spam 1 move are boring to play because they are so easy. Run up to them. Wavedash backwards. Watch them do their laggy move then punish for it everytime. One good way to beat shiek with fox is his grab. Dashdance around to get a grab in then upthrow uair them. Works at almost any %'s if your opponent doesn't DI correctly.

On another note, a DK player named Bum just got 4th in a huge tournament taking out the best falcon player in the world and the best IC player in the world(who also happens to be the second best in america) Crouds were amazed! lol. Just more proof that Skill > Tiers. He ended up losing to a fox though of course.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Hylian]Heh. People who spam 1 move are boring to play because they are so easy. Run up to them. Wavedash backwards. Watch them do their laggy move then punish for it everytime. One good way to beat shiek with fox is his grab. Dashdance around to get a grab in then upthrow uair them. Works at almost any %'s if your opponent doesn't DI correctly.

On another note, a DK player named Bum just got 4th in a huge tournament taking out the best falcon player in the world and the best IC player in the world(who also happens to be the second best in america) Crouds were amazed! lol. Just more proof that Skill > Tiers. He ended up losing to a fox though of course.[/QUOTE]

[font=tahoma]I have a friend who's a DK player, and I have to admit I can see where DK could be a deceptively handy character. I think a lot of the bigger characters are underrated often, as I am a very skilled Bowser player and I know someone who is a skilled Ganondorf player (as in he doesn't abuse the same down B move all the time, lol). It's always a fun fight when we get together and we team Bowser and Ganon together and face my other friends who use Fox and Link. They always come close to winning but havn't achieved it yet, but there's always a ton of funny moments in those matches for some reason. We even do screenshot mode sometimes, but it's really best when in the moment ;P.[/font]

Big characters are generally bad because they can be combo'ed so easily. Fox can infinite combo a DK all day if he is technical enough. Not to mention DK's shield is horrible..the worst in the game. And fox is hard to grab in the first place and that is what DK is best at. Grab combos. Fox's shine prevents DK from getting those grabs in easily. I am really suprised he beat chu dat though. IC's have the best grab combos in the game. One grab especially by Chu Dat and you lose a stock. Everytime. IC's do especially well against DK as well so its suprising that Bum won >_>.

Good ****.