OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts 2

Rachael

I don't know about site for downloads but there is plenty of info buzzing around the net about it...well now that I thingk about it you could go to [U][url]http://www.squaresoft.com/playonline/kingdomhearts/[/url][/U] and check it out...but I'm not sure you'll find what u are looking for...

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='DNAngel360']the game is pretty short and easier. that kinda sucks all the time spent and the first game was hard and the chain of memories was even harder i thought this game was gonna be hard but so far it is a breeze and i don't use valor form that much only when i am bord and feel like killing the heartless faster[/quote]

The game isn't short. If anything, it's been slightly criticized for being too long. Based on what I've read, it's approximately 40-50 hours long. Complaining about the game's length doesn't make much sense when you haven't finished it yet.

Anyway, with an open mind I picked this up last Friday and so far my experience has been just like with the first Kingdom Hearts. The cinematics and story are good, while the gameplay bores me to tears. It's extremely simplistic and uninteresting. I'm not very far but I've played through the prologue, Beast's castle, and I'm currently suffering through Mulan's story. Just like the prologue it forces you to complete boring "errands." Only, the three errands it gives you are identical to one another. Also, I'm finding myself taking spheres from enemies in order to win battles just like in Twilight Town. Very unimpressed. I take back anything I said about respecting anyone's opinion that this gameplay is unique or fresh. That's just insanity.

I'll keep on going for the story though. :rolleyes:

Personally I like the upgrade I guess you can calle it that to the Gummi Ship games. Its what the original one should have been like. Also, I love the reaction combo stuff, its really fun ^_^ I'm currently heading towards Agrabah.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I love the reaction commands, some of the moves you can pull off are SWEET. I've had alot of trouble with the duel stance one, though... hasn't worked yet >_> I agree with everyone, the cinematics and story are great, but as far as the actual gameplay, repetitive and not so much fun ;_; I will keep on though, for my love of Sora *laughs* I'm at the final boss already, have been since yesterday, but I'm sort of putting it off. I want to level up.

[spoiler]Actually, I was fighting whosit last night.. Xehanort's nobody whose name currently escapes me, and I was having alot of trouble when it gets to the point when Sora is trapped so you have to fight as Riku. Any advice?

I was so sad when Axel sacrificed himself! I loooved him ;_;[/spoiler][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest riku_lover09
kh is awsome!
who do u think is better? riku or sora?
i think rikus da best! :animesmil
riku is sooooo hot!!!! :luv:
sora is boring and his shoes r too big

[QUOTE=CoLoR_Me_EviL][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I love the reaction commands, some of the moves you can pull off are SWEET. I've had alot of trouble with the duel stance one, though... hasn't worked yet >_> I agree with everyone, the cinematics and story are great, but as far as the actual gameplay, repetitive and not so much fun ;_; I will keep on though, for my love of Sora *laughs* I'm at the final boss already, have been since yesterday, but I'm sort of putting it off. I want to level up.

[spoiler]Actually, I was fighting whosit last night.. Xehanort's nobody whose name currently escapes me, and I was having alot of trouble when it gets to the point when Sora is trapped so you have to fight as Riku. Any advice?

I was so sad when Axel sacrificed himself! I loooved him ;_;[/spoiler][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I suggest to try and try again :)

Finished the game it was nice.

[QUOTE=Swedish Chef]I suggest to try and try again :)

Finished the game it was nice.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]haha, thanks for the advice *laughs* I plan on taking another crack at it tonight.
very frustrating though, I won't lie. I swore alot at my TV last night.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Well, after finishing the game, I have quite a few thoughts floating around my head right now.

[spoiler]okay. so when you first complete the prologue, and roxas sees sora and his pod, and when he says "sora, you're lucky. my summer vacation is over." i thought i was about to burst. it was like a mind explosion of numbing sorrow! but now that i finished the game, i realized that at that moment, when roxas disappeared, he went back into sora, that was why sora could wake up with his memory intact about things that had happened. after all, roxas is the other side of sora.

when you first meet demyx in the underworld, i laughed quite a bit. how he was saying "run away!" so amazing. even moreso when he kept saying "i knew i wasn't cut out for this job." although, during the third, or fourth? visit of hollow bastion, before going into the thousand heartless challenge, and you have to fight demyx for the last time... i got sad that demyx had to go. i mean, seriously, he is such a cool organization member.

axel. wow. when going into the world that never was, and being stopped by all of those nobodies and axel comes to fight alongside sora.... superb! i actually did start tearing up when axel "put his whole being" into that last flaming move to destroy all the nobodies around and saying his last words to sora, how he wanted to see roxas again and how roxas made him feel like he had a heart, kind of like how sora did, too. then he disappeared. yeah. axel....

riku wears a studded belt now. he went all punk. has really awesome hair. in the beginning of the game, when they all went to yen sid, while he was making a big deal about sora's growthsburg... goodness did riku grow! he is like a giant now!
well. not really. but he definatly got taller.

i like how in the end, when sora and kairi look at each other, roxas, who is in sora, sees namine in kairi, and vice versa.[/spoiler]

i guess it kind of ends up being a happy ending?

but [b]skldjaslkdjsalkdj!!!![/b] the after-credits, one minute movie! why did it have to be such a [spoiler]cliffhanger?![/spoiler]

as for the gameplay, i think this game was much easier than kingdom hearts. in some aspects, it is good. the worlds weren't as dull and dreadful to go through, like going through alice and wonderland, or tarzan in kh. but i think there was much too much button pounding for the x, and not enough use of magic. sure, the reaction commands are wonderful, yeah, the drive forms are great, but reaction commands pretty much does everything, even moreso with reaction command limits. even more button pounding.

but, it didn't really matter much to me, seeing as how i play for the story, more than the game.[/size]

[quote name='Charles']I'll keep on going for the story though. :rolleyes:[/quote]
[size=1]Well please do that for me, because I don't know what the hell is going on and I've been playing for about 20 hours. It's fun reenacting my favorite Disney moments and all, but this storyline is so convoluted I don't even know why I bother trying to follow it.

I'll post my final thoughts when I finish it, [spoiler]but it looks like I have to play every single world over again. I'm glad they addressed everyone's concerns about all of the backtracking. Thank you SquareSoft![/spoiler]

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE=Shy][size=1]I'll post my final thoughts when I finish it, [spoiler]but it looks like I have to play every single world over again. I'm glad they addressed everyone's concerns about all of the backtracking. Thank you SquareSoft![/spoiler]

-Shy[/size][/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ.

[IMG]http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7973/bailout0zn.gif[/IMG]

Anyway, I recommend going to Wikipedia.org and reading the plot summary of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories over if you're unfamiliar with that game. Doing that helped me a little.

[QUOTE=CoLoR_Me_EviL][FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]I love the reaction commands, some of the moves you can pull off are SWEET. I've had alot of trouble with the duel stance one, though... hasn't worked yet >_> I agree with everyone, the cinematics and story are great, but as far as the actual gameplay, repetitive and not so much fun ;_; I will keep on though, for my love of Sora *laughs* I'm at the final boss already, have been since yesterday, but I'm sort of putting it off. I want to level up.

I was so sad when Axel sacrificed himself! I loooved him ;_;[/spoiler][/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][spoiler]I had trouble at that part too at first .. Just take a little step and shoot Zepheroth(I forgot his name but i think it's this...) with some fire balls.Repeat process until you reach Sora and hit the reaction button.. That's what i did ^^[/spoiler][/COLOR][/FONT]

Guest Stafal-chan
haha wow this threads really hard to keep up with i haven't chekced it ina day adn there's already another page hahaha but anyways sadly i've only beaten up to the POTC Lvl and since this past weekend have had no time to play...unless i play late at night but that's no good i need to sleep TT_TT...yeah well i dunno if anyone has watched the news...and heyy it might not reach out in the farther states of the U.S but my school was on tv ^_^ heh heh but not for a good reason >_< they're tryin to make us pay a couple hundred (like 150 or possibly 200) to play sports adn do activities >_< so i have no time to play b/c yesterday i was at school till 11 screamin with others at the bastards in the school board...oh btw it Upper Moreland High School haha i could be on tv wowie ^_^

[quote name='anime_dark][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Indigo][spoiler]I had trouble at that part too at first .. Just take a little step and shoot Zepheroth(I forgot his name but i think it's this...) with some fire balls.Repeat process until you reach Sora and hit the reaction button.. That's what i did ^^[/spoiler][/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote]

Your kidding right? lol you mixed his name with Sephiroth....
The character you are thinking of is [Spoiler] Xenahort's Nobody Xemnas. [/spoiler]

i found a chart on the chances of turning into [spoiler]Anti form here is the chart the chances of turning into anti form depend on anti points here's how you can get the anti points
when you change to valor,wisdom or master form you get 1anti point
when you change form when an ally is unconscious you get 0 anti points
when you change into anti form your point's drop down to -4
when you change into final form your points drop down to -10
and when you obtain a new form your points drop down to 0

now to tell the chances of it happening
if you have 0-4 Anti points you have a 0%chance of changing into anti form
if you have 5-9 Anti points you have a 10%chance of changing into anti form
if you have 10+ Anti points you have a 25%chance of changing into anti form

now if you are at certain points at the game the chances eaither decrease or increase here is the chart for that
if you have a scripted battle the chances are x2
if you are battleing against organization XII then the chances are x4
if you are battleing armored xeminas the chances are x10
if you are battleing without donald or goofy or even both then the chances are 0%[/spoiler] i hope this chart will help some of you people's out :D if you have any other questions or need help fell free to ask i'll help anytime :animesmil :catgirl:

[quote name='Charles']The game isn't short. If anything, it's been slightly criticized for being too long. Based on what I've read, it's approximately 40-50 hours long. Complaining about the game's length doesn't make much sense when you haven't finished it yet.\:[/quote]

Lol yeah its a pretty long game its just that people seem to think that the game will last forever since theyve waited so long. I logged on at about 45 hours and thats with doing just about everything. Thats more than enoguh time on a game to keep me happy.

[QUOTE=Swedish Chef]Your kidding right? lol you mixed his name with Sephiroth....
The character you are thinking of is [Spoiler] Xenahort's Nobody Xemnas. [/spoiler][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=Indigo][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Really? Woh.. Coz in the japanese vers they pronounced it in a sephiroth way but with a Z so i just assumed the name :D And in the english version it's just as hard as the japanese vers to kill Sephiroth... God Damnit.[/FONT][/COLOR]

after you [spoiler] unlock the world that never was go back to hallow bastion and look in the area where you did the 1000 heartless battle. walk up to the great maw area beyond the place and there stands Selphy with that UPER sword [/spoiler]

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='Swedish Chef]after you [spoiler'] unlock the world that never was go back to hallow bastion and look in the area where you did the 1000 heartless battle. walk up to the great maw area beyond the place and there stands Selphy with that UPER sword [/spoiler][/quote]

haha i'm excited for [spoiler]the 1000 heartless battle and i'm gonna try Sephiroth...but haha i had a hard time last time...[/spoiler] i still have no time to play TT_TT so depressing...

Okay I have a question for you guys that have beaten the game, I really don't know if it's the end of the game or not but it's far into it. [spoiler]Okay now what level where your when you had to defeat xemnas when your in the big white room? You know his cloak is now black and white.[/spoiler] Also if you where the same level as me when you beat him could you give me some tips or a strategy you used? Oh and one more thing just for some fun,[spoiler]when yen sid told you about the nobodies and he said nobodies truly never exist then how are they there if they don't exist? I mean he said they're the empty shell of the person that was turned into a heartless, but that shell get's a mind, a nobody, which should have never and doesn't exist, so if the orginization is a group of Nobodies which the person they came from had a strong heart, how can they think or act on there own if they don't have a heart? Also the heartless carry hearts so there not really Heartless, oh and I just though since nobodies don't have a heart which means they can't have any feelings at all then how does axel miss Roxas?[/spoiler] Sorry for those questions but they really bug me and it shows how indepth the game really is.

Well, I finished this today. I don't want it to seem as if I'm trolling this thread but I'm more disappointed than I expected. I found the game to be not much of a departure from the first; it was extremely [B]boring[/B] to the point where I felt like a chore just to continue on. The backtracking and overabunance of combat were the dealbreakers in that regard.

Overall the story was decent but the direction left a lot to be desired. The cut scenes would often end abruptly and it always felt as if the characters had more to say but were suddenly cut off by sloppy editing. The plot also suffers from being "a mile wide and an inch deep." It throws dozens and dozens of characters and several plots at the player but never goes into much detail about any of them. It's hard to identify with or care about anything that's going on because you're constantly being swept from one scenario to the next. Each Disney property suffers from the same problem they did in the first game--they're taking two hour plots and abridging them to about ten minutes. If the game was not using established, timeless Disney characters that allow the player to fill in the holes, it would never get away with this sloppiness. Everything was just so convoluted and glossed over that it was hard to grasp any of it. Although I understand the plot and thought it had a few really shining, heart-felt moments, I thought the game was generally, and ironically devoid of heart.

Look at [b]The Little Mermaid[/b] world for example. I thought this one was the best in terms of providing the musical atmosphere so characteristic of Disney (but lacking in Kingdom Hearts). Yet, unfortunately, it's impossible to really care about Ariel's relationship with Eric because they don't really show any of it. Don't even get me started on [b]The Lion King[/b]. What a butchery that was. Oh, and man what's up with visiting the Cave of Wonders in [b]Aladdin[/b] [i]again[/i]? It doesn't even serve a purpose anymore. Now that the lamp is gone it's not even supposed to be there.

The one thing I really cared about and looked forward to was the reunion of Sora, Kairi, and Riku. [spoiler] However, even this was handled poorly. The connection between Sora and Riku seemed authentic and I was satisfied with that, but when Sora and Kairi saw one another the scene was almost totally devoid of emotion. Instead of embracing immediately or seeming thrilled, they exchange a few pointless lines of dialogue--and then they finally hugged. I just didn't buy it.[/spoiler]

Hopefully if the next Kingdom Hearts title continues to play as crappy as the first two, they will compensate by trimming down the overabundance of content and fleshing out the plot to make it more focused and coherent so that it means something.

Overall if I had to rate this game I would give it a [b]5.5/10[/b]. Slightly above average.

edit: I did like how they handled Mickey Mouse though.

Guest Stafal-chan
^_^ hee hee well i stil like the game though i haven't beaten it but i must say ... :animesigh they killed the Mulan level...it was short boring and it seemed like they speeded up the emperor's speech...also the battle's are much easer b/c of the triangle button..and the new moves...which is depressing cuz then u really fly through the game...still haven't played too much like i haevn't hit the part where you have to go back to the world alot...i'm still unlocking worlds.. and i'monly in Halloween town..one thing i'm mad about is the Poor book :mad: i spent all of the last game gathering pages and doign boring little puzzle games TT_TT and now i have to do that all over again arrrggghhh...also how come sora only seems to fight heartless right now like the nobodies u were fighting with Roxas just don't come up anymore...i dun get it...

[quote name='Stafal-chan']^_^ hee hee well i stil like the game though i haven't beaten it but i must say ... :animesigh they killed the Mulan level...it was short boring and it seemed like they speeded up the emperor's speech...also the battle's are much easer b/c of the triangle button..and the new moves...which is depressing cuz then u really fly through the game...still haven't played too much like i haevn't hit the part where you have to go back to the world alot...i'm still unlocking worlds.. and i'monly in Halloween town..one thing i'm mad about is the Poor book :mad: i spent all of the last game gathering pages and doign boring little puzzle games TT_TT and now i have to do that all over again arrrggghhh...also how come sora only seems to fight heartless right now like the nobodies u were fighting with Roxas just don't come up anymore...i dun get it...[/quote]

Yeah, you know, I love Pooh and was glad to see him return--but did it have to be under the same exact circumstances as before? With torn pages? Very uninspired.
It just really contributed to the "been there, done that" vibe I got from this game.

Anyhow, you will fight more Nobodies but it doesn't make much of a difference. Just like the Heartless they're essentially going to just stand around while Sora and company kick the crap out of them effortlessly with a flurry of overpowered attacks.