OtakuBoards

Kingdom Hearts 2

Rachael

Guest Stafal-chan
Heyy when does Kingdom Hearts 2 come out? I was buyin' a game waay back like a month or two before x-mas and they asked me if i wanted to reserve i copy so i agreed. and then it just seems to keep gettin' pushed back.
Oh and should i have played Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories?? At first i thought it sounded stupid because you use card type battling right? That and it was on Gameboy and well i don't play Gameboy that much. But then later i found out that it connects 1 and 2 is that true???

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest goku8594
Well actually Chains Of Memories will tie the two games together that way you will understand just who some of the people in Kingdom Hearts 2 is. Also if you beat the game with Sora then you can play the game as Riku who as another story line. But both storylines connect Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 together. So i would recommend Chains of Memory if you dont want to be guessing who some people are.

[quote name='goku8594']Well actually Chains Of Memories will tie the two games together that way you will understand just who some of the people in Kingdom Hearts 2 is. Also if you beat the game with Sora then you can play the game as Riku who as another story line. But both storylines connect Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 together. So i would recommend Chains of Memory if you dont want to be guessing who some people are.[/quote]

Seconding this~ *heart* (plus I'm pretty sure the end of CoM is where KH2 picks up...?)

I also thought it was pretty cool how the intro (at least I think it's the intro) to KH2 features some things from Chain of Memories~ (and speaking of the intro, kyaaa~ the new song is so great T_T *dies* squee for Utada Hikaru~ )

[QUOTE=GTK]Seconding this~ *heart* (plus I'm pretty sure the end of CoM is where KH2 picks up...?)

I also thought it was pretty cool how the intro (at least I think it's the intro) to KH2 features some things from Chain of Memories~ (and speaking of the intro, kyaaa~ the new song is so great T_T *dies* squee for Utada Hikaru~ )[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Thirding this.... for reals. XD Anyways, yeah, I totally agree with you on that there. I saw the Intro for KH 2 and it was so awesome. The graphics were still great, the whole movie just made me want to play it even more and the whole thing made me cry, especially where [spoiler]Sora flies back to the Destiny Islands and Riku, Kairi and Sora are all sleeping and holding hands.[/spoiler] That's the part where I totally sobbed my eyes out. That whole movie was totally awesome and it made me want to play it even more.

I totally loved the song Passion by Utada Hikaru also. It so totally did not help me stop crying. I dunno, but I think there's something in all of Utada Hikaru's songs that has a really deep meaning to it. Like, everytime I hear it, I always feel a connection to it. Utada is my most favorite japanese pop singers of all time.

Can't wait to get KH II, even though it might take a longer time to get here to the UK than America, but, being the determined KH fan and longing to find out what happens to Riku, Sora and Kairi, I can wait all day for it to come. n.n[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Ramen_Mido']March 30th is the offical release date. I wouldnt recomend Chain of Memories unless your a hardcore fan. The battle system is pretty weak and the story basicly has you doing the same thing you do in Kingdom Hearts 1.[/quote]

Actually when I made this statement I was refering to the gameplay. To me it was downright boring. It didnt require much skill just keeep your top attacks on top and you can pretty much take every enemy out. You also had to play every level in KH1 again. What it did offer was as people have previously stated is a intro to the new chacters. So yes if you want to meet everyone before hand or kill sometime before KH2 go ahead. You just have to play throguh an average game not the excellence KH1 was.

[quote name='Swedish Chef']Not it isnt March 30st. That is only an estimate so PLEASE stop with the false dates unless you have proof. -_-[/quote]

Whoa buddy watch your tongue you have no right mouthing off to me. I trust gamespot and March 30th was the date on the site. It could get pushed back and I could be wrong but that is what I heard . Im not going on a limb or heard something from a friend that is the official release date of the game but like I said it could get pushed back.

[quote name='Ramen_Mido']Whoa buddy watch your tongue you have no right mouthing off to me. I trust gamespot and March 30th was the date on the site. It could get pushed back and I could be wrong but that is what I heard . Im not going on a limb or heard something from a friend that is the official release date of the game but like I said it could get pushed back.[/quote]

I have to side with Swedish Chef here when it comes to the release date. March 30th is NOT the OFFICIAL release date. While it has been confirmed that KH2 will come in March, no real date has been set in stone by Square Enix. Game stores do NOT give the official release date before the company does, I cannot stress that enough, so unless I see/hear that Square Enix has stated when the game comes out here, I won't really believe anybody else.

Anyway, I thought that anybody who hasn't heard already that the KH2 soundtrack is now online. Don't have a link, but I heard the news from khinsider.com, so they might have a one.

[quote name='Ramen_Mido']Whoa buddy watch your tongue you have no right mouthing off to me. I trust gamespot and March 30th was the date on the site. It could get pushed back and I could be wrong but that is what I heard . Im not going on a limb or heard something from a friend that is the official release date of the game but like I said it could get pushed back.[/quote]

As carefully as I looked through my post good sir I do not see myself mouthing off to you. So I suggest you calm down and wait for the exact release date to come out just like the rest of us.

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Uhm... I'm just really surprised at how people get so easily irratated at what people's responses are. O.o;

Well, on another topic, I think that KH II is going to be one of the greatest RPG's ever in the history of RPG's. KH was really good, but I think that the sequel will be much, much better....and much, much harder. TT.TT I don't know why, but after seeing some trailers showing the gameplay, bossfights, how you have to fight with other characters and that new drive thingie where can also get new clothes.... I really get that feeling that it's going to be ultra-super hard. But, I think that with the more hardness, the more fun it's going to be and the more worthwhile when you get those awesome movies. Holy crap.... I so cannot wait for it to come out!!! ^o^ V

Oh and yes, if you would like to see some of the trailers and scenes that I saw, just go to ign.com and type up Kingdom Hearts II. They show the most coolest movies and pictures... and they have tons of them, too!! If you watch all of them at once, it'll take, like, at least half an hour or so.

My eyes were so dry from not blinking. O.O

XD[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Swedish Chef']As carefully as I looked through my post good sir I do not see myself mouthing off to you. So I suggest you calm down and wait for the exact release date to come out just like the rest of us.[/quote]

Well my good sir you were very rude in your last response(as well as I). I was only trying to help out by giving out a release date I thoguht was correct. However as it may seem was only an estimated release date. Therefore I was wrong for the right reasons.

So lets put this behind us and become friends in the future shall we? :D .

It wasnt my intention to be rude. But if you look in the past posts others are claiming to know the release date when the square enix hasnt even given it out. My rude comment wasnt really directly to you just frustration of others being idiots (not saying you are one) but sure we shall join forces and fight Sephiroth in proud mode when it comes out :)

Yes we shall my good friend and once again I apoligize I should have read more of the previous posts.Now we have cleared that up I heard that Auron will [spoiler] be able to fight alongside you in the Hades stage is it true?[/spoiler] If so that would be truly awesome.

[quote name='Ramen_Mido]Yes we shall my good friend and once again I apoligize I should have read more of the previous posts.Now we have cleared that up I heard that Auron will [spoiler] be able to fight alongside you in the Hades stage is it true?[/spoiler'] If so that would be truly awesome.[/quote]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Why yes, Ramen_Mido, you can actually fight along side Auron. I think you can actually control him, too. The attacks that you can do with him are totally awesome and it looks so cool. If you want to see some movies or screenshots, just go to ign.com and type up Kingdom Hearts II.

I hope this helps.

n.n[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Guest WingsofTsubasa
Go to [url]www.youtube.com[/url], then in the search box type Kingdom Hearts. Then alls yous have to do is choose which one yous wants to see!

[QUOTE=Keyblade Wielder][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Why yes, Ramen_Mido, you can actually fight along side Auron. I think you can actually control him, too. The attacks that you can do with him are totally awesome and it looks so cool. If you want to see some movies or screenshots, just go to ign.com and type up Kingdom Hearts II.

I hope this helps.

n.n[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Yeah it sure did thanks.I checked gamespot thoguh I have a personal hatred toward IGN. Auron is on your team and you can pull off crazy moves together. From the look of it Sora has some pretty sick looking moves as well. It looks like this game is going to be more fluid than the original.Im also looking foward to facing off aganst Axel(introduced in Chain of Memories).It will be intresting to face off aganist others who use keyblades.

To tell you the truth the whole reason why this game is on my first thing to pick up in a costume. YES I will dress as a freakin Nobody! I want to fight Sephy since it was said by the creator he is ten times harder. Also being with that wicked fusion move. Also not to mention the fluent attacking. Oh gods I worship you for giving us this pleasure!

Guest Stafal-chan
[quote name='Ramen_Mido']March 30th is the offical release date. I wouldnt recomend Chain of Memories unless your a hardcore fan. The battle system is pretty weak and the story basicly has you doing the same thing you do in Kingdom Hearts 1.[/quote]

Ah...well i'm a fan (i dunno 'bout bein' hardcore) but i was freakin' out when the end of kh1 kinda leftyou hangin' so i thought about gettin' chain of memories but i didn't feel like buyin' it. is there going to be any reference to it in game 2???

Yes and no. In some ways it does explain a little bit of what happened within the two years gap. [Spoiler]But I don't think they explain why Sora was put in the pod to reconstruct his memories for chains of memories [/spoiler] Tetsuya Nomura made KH 2 into a game where a newbie to the franchaise can enjoy it even if they never played the other two. In my opinion rent it or borrow it from a friend on your GBA and just learn the story plot in it. If not then find someone who played it and explain to you the whole shabang. I hope that helps in any way.

[size=1]I'm actually borrowing Chain of Memories right now. It's okay. Not the best, I mean, I think the whole reason of bringing up KH:COM was to indicate the use of memories and introduce Namine and Organization XIII.

I believe the new release date for KHII in America is April 1st? I'm not so sure.

And [URL=http://www.youtube.com]youtube.com[/URL] has a lot of KH2 vids up, now. Just type in Kingdom Hearts 2, under the video search, and you'll get plenty of feedback. Be warned, though. A lot has spoilers.

I don't even dare looking through most of that stuff. And plus, the ending is already posted up online! Good gosh.

I got Kingdom Hearts last christmas because my friend introduced me the game. I loved it. And I am even more estatic to wait for KHII. I mean, the plotline is so intense now, it's not hard for me to be on my toes waiting. :D :animeswea [/size]

[QUOTE=hey_love][size=1]
I believe the new release date for KHII in America is April 1st? I'm not so sure.
[/size][/QUOTE]

Again I am not going to seem disrespectful but seriously please PEOPLE stop trying to say this is the release date where the company Square enix hasnt even released that info in public. So until it does stop with the wrong dates. I again mean no disrespect but I am getting annoyed in seeing others trying to flag a wrong release date.

[quote name='Swedish Chef']Again I am not going to seem disrespectful but seriously please PEOPLE stop trying to say this is the release date where the company Square enix hasnt even released that info in public. So until it does stop with the wrong dates. I again mean no disrespect but I am getting annoyed in seeing others trying to flag a wrong release date.[/quote]

[size=1]I was just writing down what Best Buy (go to link [URL=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7190489&type=product&id=1113534516480]here[/URL]) had as a release date. Sorry if I offended you in any way by posting my info. [/size]

[quote name='hey_love][size=1]I was just writing down what Best Buy (go to link [URL=http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=7190489&type=product&id=1113534516480]here[/URL']) had as a release date. Sorry if I offended you in any way by posting my info. [/size][/quote]

Not offended more like frustrated me since I kept telling others to just wait and see in febuary 14th for the release date to pop up in 1ups magizine.

On a side note I have a bad feeling they might bump it to may but again don't take my word for it let's wait for the release date to pop up.

[quote name='Swedish Chef']On a side note I have a bad feeling they might bump it to may but again don't take my word for it let's wait for the release date to pop up.[/quote]

[size=1]Mhmm, on the official site - [URL=http://na.square-enix.com/games/kingdomhearts/kh2/]here[/URL] -, it says just Spring 2006. So it could come out between March and June. :animestun How fun.

And this is supposing they follow the Spring 2006 release.[/size]