OtakuBoards

Shadow of the Colossus

James

[quote name='r2vq][color=#007520']Charles, is that official information or your logical conclusion?[/color][/quote]

It's official. [spoiler]Earlier this year Fumito Ueda (the game's director and lead designer) specifically said in an interview that the games share the same world, and that Shadow of the Colossus takes place some time before Ico. He revealed that the main character begins the line of horned boys of which Ico's protagonist is a descendant. Additionally, the shadowy figures which appear in the Shrine of Worship are connected to the shadows which the player must fight in Ico.[/spoiler]

I don't see why some of you are so skeptical to believe the connection; if you've played both games and completed Shadow of the Colossus, the connection is not exactly a subtle one. In fact, it is the reason why the ending is so significant.

• 2 weeks later...
The end of Xenosaga III made me feel horribly depressed and empty. Luckily, I had Shadow of the Colossus on hand to fill the void (and it's pretty much exactly what I was in the mood for after the headache-inducing, plot-intensive hijinks of Xenosaga). I started this evening, so I've only just beaten the second Colossus, but I can see why it's supposed to be so much fun... it's like they simply cut out all of the annoying stuff between boss battles.

I'm generally rather terrible at games that require jumping around and climbing and such, haha, so I suspect that this game will last me quite a while. Definitely more than the ten hours that it would take for most other people, at any rate. :p

~Dagger~

[font=tahoma]If it makes you feel better, it took me around 14 hours to beat the game, lol. But then again, i did take a lot of time out to explore the entire continent and see what it had to offer. It was fun for a couple of hours, but there really isn't much more to the game than the collosi themselves.

BTW i was wondering the other day...everytime you shoot one of those lizard salamander things...and approach it you end up picking it up. Is collecting those things worth anything...or do they have no significance what so ever? I never understood why i'd go around shooting as many as i could find...seeing as how nothing really came out of it.[/font]

[quote name='BKstyles][font=tahoma']BTW i was wondering the other day...everytime you shoot one of those lizard salamander things...and approach it you end up picking it up. Is collecting those things worth anything...or do they have no significance what so ever? I never understood why i'd go around shooting as many as i could find...seeing as how nothing really came out of it.[/font][/quote]
[spoiler][font=tahoma]Everytime you kill a black lizard with white tails and pick up the tail (they can be killed with your sword, bow and horse) your energy circle goes up a little bit (I got mine to go off the bottom of the screen).

You can also increase your health bar the same way, just not with white lizard tails. Instead, you have to shoot fruit down from picked out trees and eat the fruit. The fruit trees are fairly hard to find, I didn't really bother with them. But the lizards are everywhere, it's just a matter of finding the ones with white tails.[/font][/spoiler]

• 3 months later...
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]My goodness...this game...

It was soooo amazing. I loved every minute that I gave to it, and wanted to give more after I beat it...I can't think of one flaw of the top of my head other that the fact that it eventually has to end. :animedepr

First off, the colossi. My favorite one to fight was by far against this one, the 13th one:

[IMG]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/51/SotCno13.JPG[/IMG]

[spoiler]It was so cool to shoot the things that seem to keep it floating and balanced so the colossus would start to fall kinda and it's wings would get caught in the sand. And jumping off the horse's back straight onto it felt so cool...<3[/spoiler]

Also, another thing was the music. Apart from being constantly brilliant, when it would change according to how close to victory you were, that was done well. I loved the music so much, I got the soundtrack of it...;)

Also, something interesting...

All of the Colossi have names, which I thought was pretty cool. Spoilers if you haven't fought them yet.

[spoiler]NAMES OF COLOSSI:
1). The Minotaur "Valus" [Minotaurus Colossus]
2). Taurus Major "Quadratus" [Taurus Magnus]
3). Earth Knight "Gaius" [Terrestris Veritas]
4). Equus Prime "Phaedra" [Equus Bellator Apex]
5). Delta Phoenix "Avion" [Avis Praeda]
6). The Goliath "Barba" [Belua Maximus]
7). Sea Dragon "Hydrus" [Draco Marinus]
8). Wall Shadow "Kuromori" [Parietinae Umbra]
9). Storm Echo "Basaran" [Nimbus Recanto]
10). Sand Tiger "Dirge" [Harena Tigris]
11). Flame Guardian "Celosia" [Ignis Excubitor]
12). Great Basilisk "Pelagia" [Permagnus Pistrix]
13). Trail Drifter "Phalanx" [Aeris Velivolus]
14). Destruction Luster "Cenobia" [Clades Candor]
15). The Sentinel "Argus" [Praesidium Vigilo]
16). Grand Gigas "Malus" [Grandis Supernus]
[/spoiler]

Also, White...

[QUOTE=White][spoiler][font=tahoma]Everytime you kill a black lizard with white tails and pick up the tail (they can be killed with your sword, bow and [B]horse[/B]) your energy circle goes up a little bit (I got mine to go off the bottom of the screen).
[/font][/spoiler][/QUOTE]
YOU COULD KILL LIZARDS [I]WITH[/I] THE HORSE?!?! :animedepr

lol, and lastly, I shall leave you with this:

And lastly, I
[URL=http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4282612089024794243&q=Shadow+of+the+Colossus]I didn't know you could do this...! O_O[/URL]

Enjoy. <3[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
i myself have yet to fini8sh the game, i've onkly defeated 6 collosuss monsters. All in all though, it's a beautiful game

[size=1][color=red]Inuyasha Fandom, here at Otakuboards, there is a stong emphasize on posting quality and conversation. Try expanding your post a bit, otherwise it'll be counted as spam, and your post will get deleted. We also prefer that you use proper grammar. (Meaning proper spelling.) I encourage you to read the rules and FAQ's on the left side (in blue) before you continue posting. If you have any questions, PM me or any other moderators. ~Phenom~[/color][/size]