OtakuBoards

Star Ocean

OmegaWeapon

[COLOR=SeaGreen]Well I finally finished the forest of thieves. I swear when you want a monster to drop something it takes forever! But when you already have what you need, then they drop them left and right! So now I have six regeneration symbols. They are useful though as it makes it easier to keep your characters alive. The whole idea that losing all your mp points [spoiler]can incapacitate your character really threw me off at first. o_O[/spoiler] So I?m really glad I got the regeneration symbols since even though they only regenerate at a three percent rate, the intervals are pretty short so it works beautifully. ^_^

Anyway, I finished traveling to Aquios (sp?) the main city and now I?ve been sent on a mission to some mines to gather copper. I haven?t quite finished that area yet as I?m trying to make sure I get everything, or rather explore as much as I can since it looks like there are areas I won?t be able to access until later in the game. I still haven?t run into Albel again. I?m impatient to see how he ends up a member of my party. ^_^ Especially since it seems like helping me is the last thing he would ever want to do.

I also just found out that there are 300 battle trophies you can earn. o_O That?s a lot! Some of them are a bit weird, like I got one that said I had battled for five hours. I was thinking what the heck? Sure enough I looked at the clock and I had been playing for over five hours. That?s a first for me as I usually just play games for an hour or two and quit. I sincerely hope I?m not the only one to get so sucked into a game that they played for over five hours. I still can?t believe I played that long! [/COLOR]

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen]Well I finally finished the forest of thieves. I swear when you want a monster to drop something it takes forever! But when you already have what you need, then they drop them left and right! So now I have six regeneration symbols. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]That?s how it always works, when you want it they take forever to drop it, when you don?t, they drop them left and right. Though later in the game you?ll be glad you have them, including the extra ones as well.[QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen]I still haven?t run into Albel again. I?m impatient to see how he ends up a member of my party. ^_^ Especially since it seems like helping me is the last thing he would ever want to do. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Don?t worry, you will. ;) [spoiler]sooner than you think, at least the meeting part that is. [/spoiler][QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen']I also just found out that there are 300 battle trophies you can earn. o_O That?s a lot! Some of them are a bit weird, like I got one that said I had battled for five hours. I was thinking what the heck? Sure enough I looked at the clock and I had been playing for over five hours. That?s a first for me as I usually just play games for an hour or two and quit. I sincerely hope I?m not the only one to get so sucked into a game that they played for over five hours. I still can?t believe I played that long! [/COLOR][/quote]I?ve got a fair amount of the battle trophies myself. The hardest ones have been the beat a certain boss within one minute. They were pretty easy to get at first, but once they became harder, well some of them I have yet to get. As for playing for so long. I?ve done that myself. It?s easy to lose track of time when you?re having a good time playing the game. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Don?t worry, you will. ;) [spoiler]sooner than you think, at least the meeting part that is. [/spoiler'] [/COLOR][/quote]Hehehe! You were right! I just [spoiler]ran into him since he stopped my party taking the copper back to Aquios. Poor Albel! He was so upset when I didn?t let him kill me! [/spoiler]I know you guys say he?ll be joining my party later, but after what just happened, I?m definitely not one of his favorite people. :animesigh He?s pretty [spoiler]mean to fight though. o_O [/spoiler]

Anyway, I got the game guide in the mail today. (Finally!) And let me tell you! o_O That guide is freaking long and packed with details! I see what you meant indifference when you said finding an online guide for this game would be hard. I can?t even imagine trying to get this much detail into an online guide. It would take forever to get everything mentioned in. In fact I?m surprised by some of the things I missed! Though if I understand it correctly I?m not far enough into the game for it to be a problem.

Now I?m just trying to be careful and not read too far ahead and spoil things. ^_^ Guides are nice, but I still like some surprises when playing a game. Too bad I got it after getting the copper. It would have been handy to have to figure out the room where you had to turn off the dragon lights in order to get certain doors to open. I figured it out. But it took a while. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen]Anyway, I got the game guide in the mail today. (Finally!) And let me tell you! o_O That guide is freaking long and packed with details! I see what you meant indifference when you said finding an online guide for this game would be hard. I can?t even imagine trying to get this much detail into an online guide. It would take forever to get everything mentioned in. In fact I?m surprised by some of the things I missed! Though if I understand it correctly I?m not far enough into the game for it to be a problem. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well if you want to avoid reading too far then I can tell you this much without spoiling anything for you. Even if you miss some things, you?ll have the chance to re-visit places before things get too hectic in the game. ;) It?s something you?ll realize is possible when the time comes. [QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen']Too bad I got it after getting the copper. It would have been handy to have to figure out the room where you had to turn off the dragon lights in order to get certain doors to open. I figured it out. But it took a while. [/COLOR][/quote]I hadn?t gotten the guide yet and I got so stuck as I couldn?t get one of the doors to stay open that I finally had to break down and go online and look. After that I went and picked up the guide. And boy was I glad I did. Especially when it came time to invent stuff and customize weapons. But then I already explained most of that to you over MSN the other day. ;)

Now you?ve got me thinking of pulling it out and playing it again as it?s been a while. Perhaps I?ll try to get some of the battle trophies I?ve yet to get, or even be a bit brave and try the hardest level as though I unlocked it, I?ve been to chicken to actually play it. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']Especially when it came time to invent stuff and customize weapons. But then I already explained most of that to you over MSN the other day. ;) [/COLOR][/quote]That?s been the most useful part of the guide so far since at first I thought the inventing and customizing part was stupid. But now that I read the part of the guide that explained how it works I realize that it wasn?t stupid, but rather I was doing it wrong. For example I didn?t realize that to keep the production cost down to what your line is currently working on you have to change any inventors on your list to standby. Once I did that it quit eating up my money and made it more fun. Before I couldn?t figure out why it was costing too much. o_O

I?m only sad that I lack the necessary money and inventors to make some of the better and more powerful stuff. There?s some pretty amazing stuff listed that you can create. I also love how the book tells you which inventor you need to create a certain item so you don?t waste your time trying if they aren?t a part of your team yet. I can already tell that the section on inventing and such is going to be one of my most used sections of the guide. ^_^

Anyway, as for where I was, I got back to Aquios with the copper and then boy did things change with the next section! I loved the cut scenes associated with it. ^_^ Since I make a point of never reading too far ahead in the guide or online it made a nice surprise as I didn?t know exactly what was going to happen.

Now I?m on the next quest so to speak and I?m working on leveling up [spoiler]the new character Maria as she?s kind of weak compared to the other characters in my group. [/spoiler] Though now that I?m working on the Shrine of Kaddan, there?s plenty of monsters to take down. And those magician ones are downright annoying! I can kill them, but they sure are a pain in the neck, running around poking your characters and interrupting them when they are attacking or using symbology. [quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']Now you?ve got me thinking of pulling it out and playing it again as it?s been a while. Perhaps I?ll try to get some of the battle trophies I?ve yet to get, or even be a bit brave and try the hardest level as though I unlocked it, I?ve been to chicken to actually play it. [/COLOR][/quote]Play it! Play it! Play it! You don?t want to be known as a chicken do you? :p[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen']I can already tell that the section on inventing and such is going to be one of my most used sections of the guide. ^_^[/COLOR][/quote]It will definitely come in handy, especially once you beat the game and work on the bonus dungeons. Some of them are pretty unbeatable without the ability to customize your weapons and armor. And being able to make the best accessories and potions is pretty handy as well.

I also like how you can make your own food once you?ve invented it that is. Especially since some of the items only have a limited number go on sale once they?ve been developed and once you buy them they never sell them again. So it?s nice that you can create them whenever you want, provided you have the money that is. Though once you?ve beaten the game, especially if you leveled up, you usually have plenty of money for that kind of stuff. [quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen'] Anyway, as for where I was, I got back to Aquios with the copper and then boy did things change with the next section! I loved the cut scenes associated with it. ^_^ Since I make a point of never reading too far ahead in the guide or online it made a nice surprise as I didn?t know exactly what was going to happen. [/COLOR][/quote]I?m the same way, I like my games to be full of unexpected stuff so I rarely read further than I need to when playing a game. In fact unless I get horribly stuck I?ll often beat a game first and then play it a second time with either a guide I bought or an online one to catch everything I missed.

There were several times where this game completely surprised me since other than to research how the game play went and the basic storyline, I avoided reading too much as I didn?t want to spoil it. It kind of takes the fun out of it if you already know what?s going to happen. At least that?s what I think. Just another reason to love spoiler tags, that?s for sure. [quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen]And those magician ones are downright annoying! I can kill them, but they sure are a pain in the neck, running around poking your characters and interrupting them when they are attacking or using symbology. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Just one of many irritating monsters, and once you get strong enough to outright clobber them, they just spring a new irritation on you in the form of an even more annoying monster. [QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen']Play it! Play it! Play it! You don?t want to be known as a chicken do you? :p[/COLOR][/quote]Well now that you put it that way?I have to play it! You?re a cruel kid...you know that right? ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]I also like how you can make your own food once you?ve invented it that is. Especially since some of the items only have a limited number go on sale once they?ve been developed and once you buy them they never sell them again. So it?s nice that you can create them whenever you want, provided you have the money that is. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]I?ve been making food for my party since so far it seems to be the area they are the most successful at. I?m assuming it?s because there are some items you get later on that raise your success rate and if I understand the guide correctly I?m not to the point where you can get some of them. Like the hammer that makes your attempts to invent new armor and weapons more successful. I understand that I won?t be able to get that until disk two and I believe I still have a number of quests until I even get to disk two. [QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']Well now that you put it that way?I have to play it! You?re a cruel kid...you know that right? ;)[/COLOR][/quote]:D At least you get to use several of the different costumes for battle right? If we are talking about the 4D level then you probably have at least three different outfits for your characters. I don?t know if I want to play that level of difficulty or not, but I definitely want to have the different costumes for battle! ^_^ [/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]After following you two discussing this game I finally went out and got it. Especially since I like RPG?s. Now that I?ve played it a bit, I?m wishing I had picked it up sooner. Addicting is right! So far I?ve really enjoyed playing it. I really like the battle style and how you can choose to either focus on physical fighting or on using the symbology as a main focus instead. It?s nice how simple and easy it is to use your skills as like you indifference I like to just use a technique instead of having to jump through hoops to get a special move to work. I want it to just work! ^_~

Also after Aaryanna showed me her guide book for the game I went and ordered one for myself. I was pretty impressed with the level of detail that went into the guide and I can?t wait to get it and try out the customization and inventing once I get a little more money that is.

Also, doesn?t Nel?s voice sound familiar? She reminds me of the character from Outlaw Star who played the female assassin Twilight Suzuka that ends up joining Gene?s party in that anime. And the guy Norton, doesn?t he sound like Katsuhiko Jinnai from El Hazard? Hehe I just cracked up when I heard his voice as he?s so crazy in that anime! Wait, I just checked and it is the same guy! LOL! No wonder he sounded so familiar. Hmm, and it seems I was right about Nel, it is the same person from Outlaw star. ^_~ Some of the other voices sound familiar but I?ve yet to place them.

As for characters, Cliff is pretty funny and though I?ve only seen him in one cut scene so is Albel. Based on how his character is designed compared to the others I think it?s pretty obvious that he?s going to be around in the game. They don?t usually bother to put more detail into none playable characters like they did with him. Even before he spoke it was pretty obvious he was different. Even if he is a bit ruthless.

Anyway, the two of you are so much farther along that I am. I?m not that far past my party?s arrival at Elicoor II as I?ve only had the game for a few days. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue']Also, doesn?t Nel?s voice sound familiar? She reminds me of the character from Outlaw Star who played the female assassin Twilight Suzuka that ends up joining Gene?s party in that anime. And the guy Norton, doesn?t he sound like Katsuhiko Jinnai from El Hazard? Hehe I just cracked up when I heard his voice as he?s so crazy in that anime! Wait, I just checked and it is the same guy! LOL! No wonder he sounded so familiar. Hmm, and it seems I was right about Nel, it is the same person from Outlaw star. ^_~ Some of the other voices sound familiar but I?ve yet to place them.[/COLOR][/quote]All this time and I never bothered to check it out. I guess I shouldn?t be surprised since many voice actors do far more than just anime. There?s a non-playable character later on disk two that does the same voice as Jim from outlaw star as well. He does the voice of Flad in Star Ocean. Pity he?s not a playable character as I?ve always thought he does a good job with voices. I believe he also does the child voice of Mithos in Tales of Symphonia as well.

Anyway, it?s a pity this game is single player only. Sometimes I wish games like this were multiplayer. Just think of the fun you, Aaryanna and I would have playing it together. ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']Anyway, it?s a pity this game is single player only. Sometimes I wish games like this were multiplayer. Just think of the fun you, Aaryanna and I would have playing it together. ;)[/COLOR][/quote]I know what you mean. Most of the multiplayer games out there are ones I don?t really care for. And the few that I do like that are multiplayer like Crystal Chronicles or the older games like The Secret Of Mana are only multiplayer if you are together and not online. :animesigh

Anyway, as for playing this game, I?ve now reached the point where I am suppose to go after Nel to help her [spoiler]rescue the two women in her party that were captured by the Black Brigade.[/spoiler] I may not be that far along, but I can definitely see why the two of you like this game. But then I?ve always loved RPG games and ones that have a fighting system that I enjoy are even more fun. I love how easy the moves are and using the symbology spells is fun as well. I find it interesting that once they start to level up the way the spell looks changes a bit to match. Like the Firebolt spell, once you get up a few levels the number of fireballs you cast increase.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='SunfallE][COLOR=RoyalBlue']I find it interesting that once they start to level up the way the spell looks changes a bit to match. Like the Firebolt spell, once you get up a few levels the number of fireballs you cast increase.[/COLOR][/quote]You?ll love the spells you get later on in the game then. They don?t change much as you level up but most of them are pretty cool looking when they are executed. Take the Fairy Light spell that you get later. It?s cute how it summons [spoiler]little fairies who fly around your characters to heal them. [/spoiler]I?m pretty sure Aaryanna would get a kick out of that spell.

You?ll also like the battle moves the characters get later on too as some of them are pretty wicked looking as well. Like Albel?s Dragon Roar and Fayt?s Dimension Door attack. They also have different sayings that they use when executing the moves as well. Most of the time they will just say the name of the attack, but take Fayt?s Dimension Door, sometimes he will say [spoiler]Now you see me?Now you don?t[/spoiler] instead of what he usually says. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue] Just one of many irritating monsters, and once you get strong enough to outright clobber them, they just spring a new irritation on you in the form of an even more annoying monster. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Quoted for truth. I finished the Shrine and then I finished the Ruins of Mosel. Those little imps that shot fire were not only fast but really annoying! They died easily enough, provided you could catch the little devils! Was I the only one who found the water issue with the desert a bit annoying? Though once I got the [spoiler]Aqua Veil in the Mosel Ruins it was easy to get stuff. But I had to start over a lot cause I kept getting nailed by the water issue when trying to get to the remote chests! I wish I had known about getting the Aqua Veil as I would have just waited until after the ruins to get things on the way out since the Veil makes the water issue go away. [/spoiler][QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue] Take the Fairy Light spell that you get later. It?s cute how it summons [spoiler]little fairies who fly around your characters to heal them. [/spoiler']I?m pretty sure Aaryanna would get a kick out of that spell.[/COLOR][/quote]You know me to well. I love fairies! Hehe! I can?t wait until I get that spell! ^_^

Now I?m finally on my way to Airyglyph to pick up Albel for the next mission! Yay! I?m finally going to have Albel in my party! ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen']Now I?m finally on my way to Airyglyph to pick up Albel for the next mission! Yay! I?m finally going to have Albel in my party! ^_^[/COLOR][/quote]Based on what the two of you have said I still have a long ways to go before that happens. :animesigh It?s a pity as I bet he?s a fun character even if he?s ruthless and pathetic in his ambition like Sandy mentioned.

Anyway, I?ve made it to Aquaria and now I?m off on a mission to get some copper. At least I have my game guide now so I won?t have to worry about getting stuck trying to do the puzzle with the lights Aaryanna mentioned. ^_^

As for the game play, I?m still enjoying it. It?s kind of fun to set one of your characters abilities to critical hit and then once you?re strong enough in comparison to the monster, if you tap the button your character runs to the monster and does a [spoiler]wicked up cut that sends the monster flying in the air. And then if you instantly hit the button again while the monsters is still in the air Fayt does a back flip and kicks the monster again during the flip! [/spoiler]Hehe, I just love that move. ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy]Man listening to all of you talk about this game is driving me nuts! :p So I have the guide but my game hasn?t arrived yet. I suppose it would help if I actually order it, but I keep forgetting. :animesigh I?ve watched both Aaryanna and SunfallE play it and it does look like great fun and with all the detail indifference has given me via MSN Messenger about the battle system, well it just makes me want to play it even more. Now I just need to sign off, wander over to amazon and order it, or go to the store tomorrow and actually buy it.

Or...

Since Aaryanna is on disk two I can see if she?ll lend me disk one and I can get started! Oh the joys of memory cards. ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='Mariskah][COLOR=Navy]Man listening to all of you talk about this game is driving me nuts! :p [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Glad to be of service. ;)[QUOTE=Mariskah][COLOR=Navy']So I have the guide but my game hasn?t arrived yet. I suppose it would help if I actually order it, but I keep forgetting. :animesigh [/COLOR][/quote]Hehe, that is kind of funny that you?ve got the guide but not the game yet. [QUOTE=Mariskah][COLOR=Navy]I?ve watched both Aaryanna and SunfallE play it and it does look like great fun and with all the detail indifference has given me via MSN Messenger about the battle system, well it just makes me want to play it even more. Now I just need to sign off, wander over to amazon and order it, or go to the store tomorrow and actually buy it.

Or...

Since Aaryanna is on disk two I can see if she?ll lend me disk one and I can get started! Oh the joys of memory cards. ^_^[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Aaryanna! Don?t you dare let her steal your disk. Don?t you know? Friends always claim they just want to borrow it and then you never see it again! Once she starts playing the game that is! :p

Anyway joking aside, you owe yourself the favor of picking up this title. It?s great fun and based on what you and I have chatted about I?m positive that you will enjoy it. Knowing you I?m thinking the customizing ultimate weapons and armor is really going to appeal to you. That and the cuteness of Fayt or the gorgeousness of Albel will get you. ;)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='Mariskah][COLOR=Navy]Since Aaryanna is on disk two I can see if she?ll lend me disk one and I can get started! Oh the joys of memory cards.^_^[/COLOR][/QUOTE] [QUOTE=indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue'] Aaryanna! Don?t you dare let her steal your disk. Don?t you know? Friends always claim they just want to borrow it and then you never see it again! Once she starts playing the game that is! :p [/COLOR][/quote]Hehe! If that happened I?d just sick my dog on her! Though she?d probably just lick her instead of biting her. ^_~

Anyway, I?m actually not to disk two just yet so she?s out of luck. I?ve also been playing Dragon Quest VIII a lot lately as well so it might be a while until I get to disk two. Though I suppose since we live so close together she can borrow it when I'm playing my other game as I can just drop in and borrow it back. ^_~

More important. I finally have Albel! Hehe! You were right he really is funny in battle. Right now the saying he uses when battle starts [spoiler]I?m in the mood for a little violence [/spoiler] just cracks me up! And when he levels up sometimes he just [spoiler]cackles evilly! The first time he did that I just died laughing![/spoiler] Now I just need to figure out the mystery of my current quest. I?m trying to figure out as much as I can on my own but I suspect I?m going to need my guide as I?m missing something. I?ve already found what I believe to be the entrance to where I need to go, I?ve just yet to figure out how to open it. o_O[/COLOR]

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Well I?ve just gotten past one of the biggest cut scenes, or rather informative spoilers about this game. It was pretty obvious that Fayt was different in some way as you got hints of it before the fight with Norton. But since I tend to avoid reading more than I need to about a game I was a bit surprised that he turned out to be [spoiler]able to destroy a space ship. o_O [/spoiler] I actually remember reading about a game with that type of plot in it but for some reason I was thinking it was something else and not Star Ocean.

So now I?m off to the Shrine of Kadan and I?ve picked up a new member of the team. I?m working on leveling her up but so far I?m not too impressed with the attacks and options she has. Though I need to figure out the underground passageway as I?ve yet to even make it to Shrine of Kadan. I know the games are designed to have a certain flow, but it always makes me laugh a little at the idea that you could hypothetically spend days leveling up and yet still manage to get there in time to thwart the enemies. ^_~

Anyway, the best part is I?ve got enough team members that I?m starting to have better success rates with the Customizing/Inventing aspect of the game and it?s definitely coming in handy for making all sorts of nifty stuff for the game. ^_^ [/COLOR]

Guest BlazingDestiny
I guess you guys are more or less starting to play this game. This one is my absolute favorite game. Played it like 4-5 times already :p in a row! lol ^^

[quote name='SunfallE']So now I?m off to the Shrine of Kadan and I?ve picked up a new member of the team. I?m working on leveling her up but so far I?m not too impressed with the attacks and options she has.[/quote]
A couple of her attacks as you level her up will be better. One of her final attacks you get near the end of the game. I won't spoil it on what it does, but it's pretty awesome ^^

[COLOR=Navy][quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue'] Aaryanna! Don?t you dare let her steal your disk. Don?t you know? Friends always claim they just want to borrow it and then you never see it again! Once she starts playing the game that is! :p [/COLOR][/quote][QUOTE=Aaryanna][COLOR=SeaGreen] Hehe! If that happened I?d just sick my dog on her! Though she?d probably just lick her instead of biting her. ^_~

Anyway, I?m actually not to disk two just yet so she?s out of luck. I?ve also been playing Dragon Quest VIII a lot lately as well so it might be a while until I get to disk two. Though I suppose since we live so close together she can borrow it when I'm playing my other game as I can just drop in and borrow it back. ^_~[/COLOR][/QUOTE]You two are cruel! :animecry: Besides as you put it Aaryanna it?s not like you couldn?t borrow it back anytime you want. ^_~ And I would never borrow it without asking!

On another note even though I?ve yet to play it I think the characters are cute. And if you?re wondering why I haven?t just gone out and bought it. My birthday is this month and I?m hoping to get it as a gift. :p [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][QUOTE=BlazingDestiny]I guess you guys are more or less starting to play this game. This one is my absolute favorite game. Played it like 4-5 times already :p in a row! lol ^^
[/QUOTE]The others might be, but I've already beaten it. I'm just working up the courage to attempt the hardest level. I'm just not sure if I want to invest the time in leveling up the characters and inventing/upgrading weapons.[quote name='BlazingDestiny']A couple of her attacks as you level her up will be better. One of her final attacks you get near the end of the game. I won't spoil it on what it does, but it's pretty awesome ^^[/quote]I would agree, a number of the members who start out on the weaker side get some much nicer moves later on. Though I never could bring myself to finish leveling up Roger as his character was just too annoying for my tastes. And I never got around to leveling up Peppita either, so perhaps my next time through I?ll give her character a try.
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=SeaGreen][quote name='indifference][COLOR=DeepSkyBlue']I would agree, a number of the members who start out on the weaker side get some much nicer moves later on. Though I never could bring myself to finish leveling up Roger as his character was just too annoying for my tastes. And I never got around to leveling up Peppita either, so perhaps my next time through I?ll give her character a try. [/COLOR][/quote]That's good to know as I wasn't impressed with Maria's attacks or options either. And I agree with you about Roger. He's a cute little guy but his sayings when he levels up and in battle were too cheesy even for me. So when I had the chance to add him I said no since the guide indicated that I had more than one choice. And there are other characters that I like better. Now I just don't know who I intend to go for once the time comes. ^_^

Anyway, now I'm to the point where my party has to beam back down to Elicoor II since the ones who [spoiler] kidnapped Fayt's father are demanding that you exchange Fayt for his Dad and Sophia. o_O [/spoiler] It could just be me but I'm expecting some weird twist or something at this point. Guess I'll just have to play it to find out. ^_^[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I'm a lot farther as well. I just realized that this was the "Till the End of Time" Thread, and I was like, "OH!" :animeswea

Anyway, I'm passed what I think is probably the biggest plot twists in the game. If you passed it, you know what I'm talking about. Aaryanna's not there yet, though. ;)

I love the game, but I stopped playing for a good while, and I wasn't in the level up mood, considering the enemies power levels increased by a good margin [a-freaking-gain!].

I'm probably pick it up again next Friday, and train intil Saturday and continue the game.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][QUOTE=Tatsubei Yagyu][COLOR=Navy][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I love the game, but I stopped playing for a good while, and I wasn't in the level up mood, considering the enemies power levels increased by a good margin [a-freaking-gain!].

I'm probably pick it up again next Friday, and train intil Saturday and continue the game.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]This is why I always tell people to get the guide to this game. ;) You?re already past the point where customizing your weapons really makes a difference, but if you are at Elicoor II then you definitely want to upgrade your weapons and armor as the really good stuff can only be got by making it.

The best spot, if you decide to start over is right before the last bit on Elicoor II the first time. Right before you go and [spoiler]fight Crosell in the Urssa Lava Caves.[/spoiler] The best place for item creation I?ve found is in the town of Peterny as the workshop is right next to the Inn so if things don?t work right you just go into the menu and load the game and give it another try.

If you do it at this point you want to have Misty Lear, Mackwell and Maria in the team for creating Orichalcum. Just keep hitting original creation till you get a price range at about 5050, either just about or below that number. Then turn around and synthesize that to one of your weapons and you?ll get a 500+ attack bonus. And since it has the number [1] after it, you can then turn around and duplicate that effect if you have the money. I boosted the attack of my main three characters by 1000+ attack points each and then I had them create a diamond for each one. I think the price range for original creation for that was somewhere around 1100. (which is why I always save so if I make the wrong thing by mistake I can start over, also be sure to put all the other inventors you signed on standby so they don?t work at the same time you do and eat through your money)

Anyway, the diamond adds 50 defense, you just put it on your weapon and it too can be duplicated. So I went into the next phase of the game with weapons on my main characters that had 1000+ attack and 100+ defense. It really makes a huge difference. And later if you get a better weapon you can transfer all the old stats onto your new weapon. Provided you have the money for it. The only thing you don?t want to do is add elemental damage. Neutral works the best since later the monsters have more resistance to stuff. Though I?m sure you already know that. ;)

Anyway, I could get seriously long winded here as the guide has about 270 pages of great details for helping you get the most out of this game. Sandy already mentioned that there are online guides that are free. Usually I agree, but not for this game. I?ve yet to see a guide that really tells you everything you need to know. Though if you need just a few details that you haven't found online I can post them here if you want. Just let me know. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrchid]Hehe I did what you are talking about indifference and having the upgraded weapons makes a big difference. Especially now that I?m past the big game spoiler so to speak and the enemies have gotten a lot harder. I think without the improvements they would have been clobbering me. o_O So now I?m in [spoiler]4D space and I?m currently revisiting the other worlds to get stuff that I couldn?t the first time. [/spoiler] I have to admit the plot twist was a surprise as I was really falling for the [spoiler]religious twist with the executioners and such so to find out you were a computer character was unexpected. [/spoiler] Anyway, right now I?m working on a bonus dungeon on Elicoor II before I move onto the next phase.

On another note I saw this about the game over at Amazon among the reviews for the game. o_O

[spoiler]At first, I thought this game rocked. The graphics were cool, the story was amazing, the battles are good. But then,as the game continued, I started to notice one thing: this game has some allusions that would be offensive to anyone who believes in God.

The main conflict of the game centers around an armageddon-like event, where the creator of the universe decides to annihilate everyone because "we" (people in Star Ocean universe) had delved into forbidden science. Now, here's the part where I find offensive:

Your ultimate goal in this game is to defeat the Creator of the universe, i.e, the one civilizations in this universe would call God. One of the enemies you will face in this game is the angel Gabriel. Need I say more?

Maybe I'm being overtly sensitive... but to me, the idea of killing God is something I would not even want to entertain.

If you believe in God, and are considering purchasing this game for yourself or your kids, don't. [/spoiler]

Talk about taking a game too seriously! I about died laughing when I read that review. [/COLOR]