OtakuBoards

Star Ocean

OmegaWeapon

[COLOR=goldenrod]Oh I agree. ^_~ Fayt is definitely cute with [spoiler]wings[/spoiler] I've currently got that set as my main move since as well as being pretty it does quite a bit of damage. I also liked the side kick move as well, though it's not currently set for Fayt to use.

Anyway...I finally beat the final boss in the caves and now I'm working through the remaining levels in the sealed sphere area. I'm in the 150's and my main three characters are all about level 200. It's almost mind blowing at how much experience I'm earning in battle. Even if I don't have a bonus gauge going for triple experience.

It's also interesting how some monsters die so easily and others really clobber you even with your enhanced weapons/defense. Not to mention it's reached the point where customizing has become very, very expensive! It's going to take me a while to finish getting to the top and then getting enough money to prep everyone for the last main bosses. o_O The guide is indicating that one of them is going to be a real pain in the butt to kill, even if you're fully prepared.

Still I can't complain. It is fun. I love games that have lots of fun after quests besides the main story. :catgirl: Which reminds me, I still haven't put much time or energy into the battle arena, the rabbit races or the runic chess! I need to go back and take a whack at those! [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]No one has posted in this thead for a while. Well, how about I take the honors?

I remember those bunnies. They were so cute! XD That chess game bugged the hell out of me, that mini-game was a little bit confusing.

How do you find the move where Fayt gets [spoiler]wings?[/spoiler] I tried looking for it, but I never really found it. I happen to love a lot of Nel's moves too. All the bonus content sure makes the game better. The most extras I've seen in a game. I wonder if Fayt ever got hitched with Maria? I loved her gun moves with a passion. Plus she was pretty.

A lot of people like Albel too, and I think he's awesome. I'd like to know if you can recruit Nel and Albel into your party, I heard you could. Albel's bonus outfits were cool. I remember a lot about the game, but I still need to find me a new copy, I'll be damned if I never get it!

I miss seeing the queen of Aquios, and I miss the synthesis part of the game. My favorite extra was the battle game, The one where your character has a small humunculus as the player and you can battle them. Awww, good times. :animesigh I collected quite a few of the trading cards. And I must say Sophia looked sexy in black.

I' looking forward to the RPG I'm making. "Star Ocean: Till the End of Light," which will be in the arena soon.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Premonition'][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]How do you find the move where Fayt gets [spoiler]wings?[/spoiler] I tried looking for it, but I never really found it. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]Well I haven't gotten there yet since I only just finally beat this game, but the item [spoiler]Huge Folio[/spoiler] that you use to grant Fayt the [spoiler]Ethereal Blast [/spoiler] move which results in him having [spoiler] wings [/spoiler] is located in the bonus dungeon the [spoiler]sealed sphere levels. According to the guide it's on floor 114.[/spoiler]

I've only just started the first bonus dungeon so I've yet to unlock that area of the game. Which is a shame since according to the guide that's his strongest skill.

• 2 months later...
[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well I finally got around to beating the second bonus dungeon, the one in the lava caves. After I leveled up a bit in the sealed sphere area. My first attempt to take down [spoiler]Fayt as the final boss for that area resulted in my butt getting clobbered.[/spoiler]

So now I'm using the guide and picking up the items that are valuable in the sealed sphere area but I have to admit, due to the nature of the layout and how you have to go at least ten levels before the monsters change. Even though I'm getting tons of experience and cool stuff, it is kind of tedious how the levels all look alike to a certain degree.

The only sad part is that now that I'm back in school. At the rate I'm going, I won't make it to the top until next year. XP Which sucks since I really want to finally beat all the bosses in this game. Though I suppose I could just start another game on hard or the regular level and change my character interactions so I'll get different boss pairings in the caves and therefore earn more battle trophies. I still don't have enough to unlock the last hard level for this game.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Well I can finally say I know what you guys were talking about as far as the boss for the first bonus dungeon that you can do in this game. I only just now got around to finishing it. The [spoiler]Maze of Tribulations[/spoiler] It wasn't too terribly horrible and other than a few monsters most of them were pretty easy to beat. But the final boss? o_O Good grief! [spoiler]Gabriel Celesta [/spoiler] was beyond annoying and took a huge amount of patience since the moment his hp/mp reaches the half way mark he starts using an attack called [spoiler]Dragons attack, deceptively cool looking since it cover nearly the entire area and pounds your characters into the ground. [/spoiler]

By the time I got done, I ended up earning two battle trophies since the main character I was controlling did nothing but use items and symbology to heal and occasionally attack. XP It was close, but I did win. Though a couple of times I wondered if he was going to do me in. Anyway...

I now have access to [spoiler]The Santa Clause Merchant and all the Crafting Materials I could need. You were right though Beth, he does look creepy as hell! lol [/spoiler] It will be nice to always have access to crafting materials though. I'll be glad to finally be able to do more customization of the weapons my players are using. They need it!

And now I'm off to the [spoiler]sealed levels of the Sphere company! [/spoiler] There are way to many of them. o_O Though I'm only there long enough to level up a bit and get some better moves for my characters before I go to the other bonus dungeon in the [spoiler]Urssa Lava Caves.[/spoiler]