OtakuBoards

Old Members

mangagod

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]It may well have been a trend back then. I wasn't here, you couldn't tell. I forgive you.

lol.[/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Well when Name Changing was first introduced I think it was more so to do with the fact that when a lot of people had joined they'd picked some kind of a silly anime/videogame/what-have-you based username which after a while didn't really fit any more. In my own opinion it had to do with people trying to pick a name that suited who they were on Otakuboards rather than reflected the IRL interests, at least that's what I think. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Kane][SIZE=1']Well when Name Changing was first introduced I think it was more so to do with the fact that when a lot of people had joined they'd picked some kind of a silly anime/videogame/what-have-you based username which after a while didn't really fit any more. In my own opinion it had to do with people trying to pick a name that suited who they were on Otakuboards rather than reflected the IRL interests, at least that's what I think. [/SIZE][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]The thing is that my name still fits me. I still ride horses and I'm still shorter than Lincoln, and last time I checked I'm still a woman. It's just that I think the whole thing is so damn long.

Oh man, I know what else I remember...the first gay marriage thread I did where this one kid said that if you support gay marriage you support people and animals getting married. Amazingly enough that thread lasted about 7 pages before being shut down.[/color]

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]The thing is that my name still fits me. I still ride horses and I'm still shorter than Lincoln, and last time I checked I'm still a woman. It's just that I think the whole thing is so damn long.

Oh man, I know what else I remember...the first gay marriage thread I did where this one kid said that if you support gay marriage you support people and animals getting married. Amazingly enough that thread lasted about 7 pages before being shut down.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Well what I meant by that was people who picked names like Vegetalover932 (I'm only using that as an example) who then after settling in here on OB decided that they didn't want to be known as Vegetalever932 because it seemed a very "noobish" name. I'm still not sure I've gotten down what I'm trying to say but I hope you get the gist of it.

As for the second part I think we should have a campaign to put a time limit on such threads, say once every 6 months rather than once every 6 weeks.[/SIZE]

Guest lavalamp
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/fructose/post01.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/fructose/post02.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/fructose/post03.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/fructose/post04.jpg[/IMG][/center]
[center][IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/fructose/mypost.jpg[/IMG][/center]

[center]Eat your heart out.[/center]

I think I originally signed up to Otakuboards under the name "zanza". That was so long ago the account doesn't even exist anymore. I masqueraded as Transtic Nerve's little sister who didn't know any English. It didn't last very long. I used this name a bit later to be more like I am today, and then disappeared back into anonymity.

After that brief appearance I returned some time later under the name "white out". This time I was Transtic Nerve's really hot, girly girlfriend. Didn't last very long though.

Then about 7 months later I finally signed up with this name and I've been the same lovable wrist cutter ever since.

[img]http://www.sweethypocrisies.com/lovestation/crap/membership.jpg[/img]

So I win.

[QUOTE=ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet]The thing is that my name still fits me. I still ride horses and I'm still shorter than Lincoln, and last time I checked I'm still a woman. It's just that I think the whole thing is so damn long.

[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#707875]Wow. Heh, when I first saw your name after you registered, I thought it meant that you were a small, horse-like woman. Like some kind of anime character or something. o_O

But that clears that up. lol[/color]

[QUOTE=James][color=#707875]Wow. Heh, when I first saw your name after you registered, I thought it meant that you were a small, horse-like woman. Like some kind of anime character or something. o_O

But that clears that up. lol[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Heh you weren't the only one to make that mistake James, I also made that assumption about what the name meant. I guess we each have diffferent understandings about what other people's username reflects, I wouldn't be half surprised if a bunch of people regarded me as a WWE Wrestling addict, even though my username has nothing to do with said wrestler.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=James][color=#707875]Wow. Heh, when I first saw your name after you registered, I thought it meant that you were a small, horse-like woman. Like some kind of anime character or something. o_O

But that clears that up. lol[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Well, that was a very creative guess. I think you should get points for that.

But that reminds me of a name I had on another message board Sailor Ruby Horse, that was a fanfic character...lady I'm glad I'm over that phase[/color]

Well well. It's me again. Bet you thought I'd ceased to exist or something to that extent.

I belive I had registered before Lady Asphyxia did and I also believe that it was I who convinced her to join.

[i]Sits and awaits a thank you. Doesn't get one, huffs and continues.[/i]

I would be on more often however my internet has died. However I shall have broadband next year so you can expect the glorified return of The Unholy Newt. (Run away while you still can)

So Rae, you're not the only one left of us, sorry to take away your prestige. I intend to give the RPG section a fair bit of my attention.

It is somewhat dissapointing that many of the old members that I know have sadly departed. Although you might want to be thankful that the dreaded reign of Cloricus' idiocy is over. (For those of you who have never experienced Cloricus, count yourself lucky) But all things pass, but fear not for I shall return.

But that is for another day, I am not actually supposed to be on here so I wish you all adieu.

~TUN

[size=1]I've never really given a damn about Otaku politics, lol, but that is one of the things that confuses me.

I've never had a problem with ChibiHorseWoman [I know some people have, sorry Chibi, lol], and I never had a problem with cloricus. I know lots of people did- same as Mnemolth [who made an incredibly short re-appearance a few months ago]. I guess some people might have problems with me [for some reason].

Why do lots of people develop enmities of a sort with others online? I just view people's opinions as their own. I mean, I'll argue against them, but at the end of the day, what happens in a thread, stays in a thread. For me, leastways.[/size]

[font=Verdana][size=1]Actually, Mnemolth was one of my good friends for a while there. ^_^ Admittedly, some of his stands were kind of silly at times, but he was always nice and he had some great advice, and he was a really good friend.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]*thanks TUN* You know I luff you, hubby. And I'm sure Ashy and Mo and Solo feel the same; they wouldn't have me if you hadn't! Besides, its slightly telling that I registered the same day as your brithday, neh?[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]And as for the RPG forum; hold onto your boots! You better make an appearance in SYF at some point, heh.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]But yeah, some mebers can just be annoying at times. Doesn't mean I'm going to start up a silly war for no reason. *snorts*[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=1]OB is just a cool place I relax in, and enemies aren't relaxing..:rolleyes: [/size][/font]

[size=1][color=purple]Ach mein gott...it feels like four years, but it has only been since January of '03 since I registered.

I arrived as just dark_serena, and hung out in the Pokemon/game forums a lot, cause that was the year I started getting into Pokemon...and in March that year Pokemon Sapphire came out, and me and Crimson Spider dominated the "Rate My Team" thread. XD It evolved from merely posting our teams up and evaluating them, to in-depth strategies that seemed to confuse and repel people (such as EV training, etc.) because after a while, Metatron, CS, and me were pretty much the only ones in that thread, then Metatron vanished also. X3 But hey, we discussed what Pokemon was really all about: battling, lol. Oh, well. It was time well spent, anways. I learned a lot from that guy. <:-/

I still miss those different Forum categories. :( Things seemed more easier for me then...but now, although I can always search for a thread, I get tired of browsing through all of them, instead of just simply going to a desired Forum. That, and the Thread pages seem to go up to only 2. :p I dunno...I complain about trivial crap sometimes. ^.^;

In my super senior year (bah, math was horrible, lol), I finally figured out the whole banner-thing, and reluctantly tried my hand at Photoshop during art class. I was still a bit of a Net n00b, but not a horrible one, lol. I got addicted to banner/avatar-making, and browsed the Banner/Avatar Request forums. Ever since I've made my first banner, and my last, which is still in my signature from this spring! XDD

Good God, I need someone to make me one before the year ends, lol!!!

Yeah, I remember posting in GinnyLynn's "You Know You've Played Too Much Final Fantasy When..." thread--that thing made me laugh so much. And the Captions Contest thread that Mei started (I think it was her).

But the gaming forums havebeen and always will be my favorite places to go.

Wait...alright...I'm a bit way-off...this's about members, lol, not the site--but wait, I guess they could be tied in, lol. Ah, what the hell...:p

I haven't personally known many people as others. At least ones that I haven't really seen. Crimson Spider would be the one that stood out the most.

I remember almost getting banned for my temper a couple times back when I was new. T_T Thank God I'm not like that anymore, lol. My post quality was nowhere spammy, it was just the flaming, lol...and I was new to the "double-posting"policy. :p

*shudders in shame*

[b]EDIT: Ok, I registered in March.....*looks at the clock, shuts up, goes to bed*[/b] :whoops:[/color][/size]

Ah, the traditional 'back-in-the-good-ol'-days-thread'. Been some time since I peered into one of these.

Well, since everyone seems to be doing it, and I love to be doing the popular thing, I guess I might as well give a bit of history into my on again, off again, love affair with Otaku Boards, and how I've went from a tiny bit of a recognised name to 'Warlock who?'.

Let's see, I registered to these boards at the beginning of April 2001, after a bit of nagging from an old member called Amioc who I knew from school (and coincedentally lived in my street 'til recently), though I'd actually been keeping an eye on the site for a while longer. My first post was in Games & Stores, in the thread of one Final_Flash, who'd made an RPG called Dragon Ball: Battle Field (posted alongside DBZman, who's now Rampage, and good ol' 'PyroDragon' too). From then on I was regular visitor to the site, making RPGs with Flashy, posting all over, ect. In fact, I was such a regular visitor I quickly became the Moderator of Games and Stories. And so life continued, only briefly disrupted by the Hacking incident. I made my name as a bit of an RPGer, but for some reason, eventually my trips to that forum, and indeed the Boards in general, began to thin... Soon I was rarely around, only posting in an RPG or two I was invested in, and eventually I began to stop posting there too. I gave up my role of Moderator, and kind've disappeared.

And that's how things have been ever since. I still make the very occasional visit here, though, sometimes for a few days at a time, [i]and[/i] I'm always on AIM for those who want to chat. Heh, I've still got to make that promised Second Coming one day...

[QUOTE=Kane][size=1] Warlock (whom I still idolise though rarely speak to) [/size]
[/QUOTE]

I'll have to make sure to change that then, now won't I? :) ...Um, the rarely speak to bit, not the bit about you idolising me.

...Though I guess you speaking to me more often would kinda make you stop idolising me too. Quite a condundrum. :D

[QUOTE=Warlock]I'll have to make sure to change that then, now won't I? :) ...Um, the rarely speak to bit, not the bit about you idolising me.

...Though I guess you speaking to me more often would kinda make you stop idolising me too. Quite a condundrum. :D[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Well if we see you around the Arena (God I'm still referring to the Square as the Arena, I'm getting old) a little more I think that a few more people might start to idolise you. Although they never had the chance to actually see you in action or write along side you back in the day.

As for the second part I'll always idolise you Warlock, you were the man back when I joined, even though I was older than you, but anyway you rocked the Arena and gave people a sense of something to aim for.[/SIZE]

Have no fear i have returned! :D Yes im an old member here at theotaku and i have just returned. I got a new computer and this site wasnt onmy favorites anymore and i forgot about it. then i went to my old email address to find something and found the oekaki emails. glad i i came bak :D ! I missed you all i g2g but plz update me.

[COLOR=Navy]I had my doubts about answering this thread. I feel like I should not be called an old member, though my profile begs to differ. I joined back in the day of the 19th of August in 2001.

The reason why I don't know GinnyLyn personally was because I forgot about OB for a year with the boards being down for quite awhile. I didn't come across OB until August of 2003? I think...anyways...I have a lot of friends here and they are all special to me. I rarely post here, but oh well. I mostly hang out on MyOtaku. Though I come here every day...I just don't post.

I didn't get to experience Ginny leaving, but I did see BabyGirl...*sniff* >_>
I also miss Shaun. It seems that he left as well.

As for my name, I've always been Japan_86. It will always will be unless Charlie is in a playful mood. lol

Though that'll only last for a few minutes. (The name changes mind you. Charles will always be a silly boy)

I had the pleasure to get to know a lot of the mods here and I've seen them come and go. I remember that when I first came back, Zeh was in a lot of trouble. I miss Semjaza, Shy, Transtic Nerve, and Drix being moderators. I still like reading their posts.

With funny posts, nobody could compare to Charles. I laugh a lot when I read his posts.

Syk3, James, and Desbreko are also awesome. I had plenty of my share of good memories with them. Those AIM chats were crazy.

[B][cough][/B]Hello Kitty Condoms[B][/cough][/B]

Anyways, he begged me to do this, so here goes...

Shinmaru is also a cool guy. He the most awesome new? old? (huh?) member ever![/COLOR]

[size=1][color=red] I've been here since April 8th, 2002. . .so that makes me a member here about 2 and then some years.

I've really been slackening on the posting for months on end, but now I've come back, I guess.

I used to be a mod way back when. James recruited me, and so I was mod of Otaku Lounge. Back then, Charles was still just mod of the Playstation forum, and we had lots of fun being mods together - I had fun being mods with everyone else, as well.

Well, then I was mod of the poetry forum, on v6, and then I got laid off my modship when v7 came around.

I was happy to mod when I did, and hopefully I made some kind of a positive influence of some sort on the boards. [/size][/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]My three year OB anniversary is this Thursday, actually. 11-11-01. That's such a cool freaking number!

I wonder if when I'm gone people will be like, "Oh Queen Asuka! She was such a beautiful young lady! Full of love and serenity, ruling us with her magical sparkly plushie wand!" Yeah, okay. Anyway, if I was to be remembered, I would want everyone to remember what I was a part of. For one thing, PiroMunkie and I have been married almost three years now (two more months!) and we have five younglings which DO NOT consist of members of the OB. They are truly our own beautiful creations and both of us have pictures of them. :D We weren't the FIRST OB couple to be married, but we were the second and we're the longest, too. Thanks to us, there are SO MANY married couples on the OB. One guy that joined a while ago (The One) thought that we were seriously married and we became the object of his obsession and he would always make banners and stuff for us. Weird, lol. We've won Best Couple in all of the Otaku Awards and I'm very happy with our success. When I joined the OB, I BELIEVE he was moderating the DragonBall forum. Eventually I modded Anime Lounge. It was such a cute combination. Now, as most of you know, the two of us have happily retired from our moderating duties, and like Piro said, we're going to watch the kids grow up and head off to college. Happy days.

Anyway, I also want to be remembered as the Queen of Plushies, which I AM. It's a role that I carried over from a LONG time ago back when I was obsessed with Yahoo Chat. There was once a King, but now Piro has happily taken over that role here at OB. Kenneth is my DARLING Knight in Shining Armor (rumors had it that we once had an affair >.>) and Neilness is my FEROCIOUS Executioner. There are also many other roles, such as the Royal Cynic (Sara) and the Jester (Mitch, right?), but do those people remember their place?! Anywho, so forever and ever in OB history when people refer to Mini-[Insert Name Here], it's not because of Austin Powers. It's because of THE POWER OF THE PLUSHIES!!!!

*crowd cheers "Long Live Queen Asuka!"*

Ah, thank you, thank you. *bows gracefully*

Anywho, I also want to be remember as being a part of Adam's Angels: One of the Elite, which also started a HUGE trend and so forth. It was me, Jenna (BabyGirl), and Deborah (Lady Macaoidh), and I'd like to believe that we are still the beautiful angels we were back then. I keep in touch with both of them and so I am happy to update our website. Yeah, I'm rambling, but I would LIKE to think that I'm considered an old member, relatively.

I wish we had a time line that coincided with the different versions of the OB and the members that were present when and what happened when and so forth. Sounds like an endevour for...SARA! *bows out*[/color][/size]

According to my profile, I had been a member for 2 years on october 16. Seems farther away, but then I have problems with time in general.

I have slowly dwindled away from the forum in the last year, yet I still have a theorical 1.1 post per day o.O Seems like I had some impressive posting sprees in my time.

I tend to think the boards have become a bit choked with the idea of post quality, but then I've only recently started to lurk back a bit. It seems a bit to me like everybody has vanished, but I think that's mostly because half of those I remember either don't post here or in the arena (the only two places I browse) or changed their names. I can't stand that. I'm just the kind of person who really *needs* stability. Oh well.

If it didn't spark another posting spree, this "rediscovery" made me want to work back on my writing projects (Digimon: Data Storm and a written form of Exodia's Legacy). Oh well, t'was nice to babble away. *goes away a bit depressed*

[quote name='Mitch][size=1][color=red]I used to be a mod way back when. James recruited me, and so I was mod of Otaku Lounge. Back then, Charles was still just mod of the Playstation forum, and we had lots of fun being mods together - I had fun being mods with everyone else, as well.[/size'][/color][/quote]

[SIZE=1]Heh I remember Crazy White Boy and his cat based Avatars, seems like so long ago since Dragonball Z RPGs were the norm in the Arena, now they only come around every once in a while, like Star Wars RPGs too.

I think you did a brilliant job as the Otaku Lounge moderator Mitch, I remember in a few particular threads (mainly one pertaining gay marriage) we didn't see eye to eye but I always felt you did a great job. You were always fair, honest and always gave good reasons behind any opinions on debate responses.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE]I never had a problem with cloricus. I know lots of people did

Why do lots of people develop enmities of a sort with others online? [/QUOTE]

Believe me, if you knew him in person, you'd understand. And I believe I speak for everyone who knows him in person when I say that.

Ah, registering on my day of birth. Now that just goes to show how important I am. And Ash and Mo better love me, we are married remember. In fact, I'm married to you as well now that I think of it. And quite a few people, if I remember correctly:

Rae
Ash
Mo
Raeven
The Harleuqin
Panny Chan

I think there are others, but there are too many to remember.

I then have a quest for you OB. Find my estranged spouses, and return them to me.

Oh yes, I remember SYF. I'm sure Raiha does too. :;