OtakuBoards

Old Members

mangagod

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]I've never really given a damn about Otaku politics, lol, but that is one of the things that confuses me.

I've never had a problem with ChibiHorseWoman [I know some people have, sorry Chibi, lol], and I never had a problem with cloricus. I know lots of people did- same as Mnemolth [who made an incredibly short re-appearance a few months ago]. I guess some people might have problems with me [for some reason].

Why do lots of people develop enmities of a sort with others online? I just view people's opinions as their own. I mean, I'll argue against them, but at the end of the day, what happens in a thread, stays in a thread. For me, leastways.[/size][/QUOTE]

Is is the same thing with movies. In some movies there are characters that you just can't help but hate. You know it is acting, but you hate them anyways. Same with online basically. Some people say things that are so stupid or far off that they get you angry.

My various screen names I have had here have been spur of the moment things almost. I didn't come up with them by myself though. I would look at something, lets say a page about aliens that mentioned the star system Zeta Reticulum. *fills out registrations form with Zeta Reticulum* After about a week...I realized how ghey it was and changed to plain ole' Zeta, lol. Same goes with my other screen names, most of which had something to do with Dragonball Z, lol.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when mangagod was an oldie?

ANyways I've been here for 4 years.. My aniversary was at September 11*insert sobbing noise*. Anyways I remember my first thread

[quote name='Blue Master']DID YOU KNOW THAT KILLER_PIKACHU AND DARK_GENGAR HAS NO LIFE ROFLMAO!!![/quote]

.....Dark times.

Anyways, I was referring to their titles. Since they had 1000 posts.

I miss hypershadow and Ginnylyn :(.

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]
Why do lots of people develop enmities of a sort with others online? I just view people's opinions as their own. [/size][/QUOTE]

Well, regarding Cloricus, in the process of arguing his opinion, he was a jerk.

Really, I think that sums it up. I argue with CHW and Godel Sensei all the time, but we're nice about it. Therein lies the difference.

[QUOTE=DeathBug]Well, regarding Cloricus, in the process of arguing his opinion, he was a jerk.

Really, I think that sums it up. I argue with CHW and Godel Sensei all the time, but we're nice about it. Therein lies the difference.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Ah yes Cloricus I remember his arguements though in my opinion he was nowhere near as bad as Crimson Spider, now there was an *** when it came to opinions. If I remember correctly he made some jackass point about homosexuality in a thread about six months ago. Got a few [B]Most Opinionated [/B] votes for all the wrong reasons. [/SIZE]

[quote name='Kane][SIZE=1]Ah yes Cloricus I remember his arguements though in my opinion he was nowhere near as bad as Crimson Spider, now there was an *** when it came to opinions. If I remember correctly he made some jackass point about homosexuality in a thread about six months ago. Got a few [B]Most Opinionated [/B'] votes for all the wrong reasons. [/SIZE][/quote]

[color=green]I'd completely forgotten about a lot of members brought up in this thread that have since left the boards. Brings back a lot of nice memories. It's funny how in retrospect everything seems to fade into warm happiness. I really don't remember nearly as much of the negative as I do the positive.

I remember when the Otaku Lounge, or whatever it was called back then (Sadly, I can't recall off the top of my head) was filled with controversial topics, and I'd race to post and debate before they burned out of control and were locked. That certainly doesn't happen much anymore.

/shrug

Good times, good times.[/color]

[quote name='Kane][SIZE=1]Ah yes Cloricus I remember his arguements though in my opinion he was nowhere near as bad as Crimson Spider, now there was an *** when it came to opinions. If I remember correctly he made some jackass point about homosexuality in a thread about six months ago. Got a few [B]Most Opinionated [/B'] votes for all the wrong reasons. [/SIZE][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Oh yeah I remember Crimson Spider he hasn't been on much, but there were always these ungodly long posts whenever there was a topic of controversial nature. It sometimes should be about quality instead of quantity.

I've also butted heads a few times with Boba over a few topics and of course Death Bug. But DB's my bro.

It doesn't bother me too much if soemoen has a problem with me-you can't make everyone like you...unless you're Barbie or a millionare[/color]

[font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=dimgray]Even though I'm not considered a new member since I only registered last night, but... I've been around reading and learning from what the brilliant people of these boards have had to say since about late 2001, I've never gotten up the courage to register until last night. The only complaint that I have at the moment is that the boards are a little slow, as in the people aren't here as often posting.[/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=dimgray][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=dimgray][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][size=3][color=dimgray]I remember alot of the people mentioned, and have had some trouble through the years tracking whos who, and many of those people are still here, but not all. So many people have come and gone, and I have been taught so much. I'm grateful that all of you, old members and new are here to talk to.:D [/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=Mithos]Anyways, I was referring to their titles. Since they had 1000 posts.

I miss hypershadow and Ginnylyn :(.[/QUOTE][size=1]It was actually IM_GENGAR, I do believe. I remember HyperShadow, heh...Digipeeps. Ginny is still a good friend of mine. Mm...nostalgia. Tastes like hot cocoa and buttered toast.

Lore. Hm. What kind of a dumb name is that, anyway? [/size]

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Teal] The old days were nice, I remeber all the RPGs that used to spring up that weren't so serious. Just last night I remeber "The Adventures in Plushie Land" In which the evil "Mini-Flash" was at war with Queenie. That RPG died in only two pages, but I really enjoyed it. Just a shame it couldn't have lasted longer.

But the Main Reason I don't post much anymore is because I've been gone so long I don't know who anyone is anymore!? Everyones changed their names, and theres no longer that ever so helpful note in the signature that tells us who they where before. So I just read most of the time now, and scan the Adventure Arena.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Lore][size=1']Lore. Hm. What kind of a dumb name is that, anyway? [/size][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed]Why did you change it? I thought Sara was, well, just couldn't be wrong at all. Plus it seemed to suit you so well. I'd change my name though.. although I just can't really be bothered. But it looks so angsty.. bleah

[B] 09-22-2003 [/B]
Would appear to be the date I joined, and since my math isn't very good I suspect that's just over a year now. I'm hardly old but I can recognize a lot of the more prominent and perhaps respected members. ^.^

Funny thing, I do want to join in some of those debates but it's just a bit unnerving to see some of the way people go at each other. Especially lately, which I'm not even going to go into. However I just never feel passionately enough about some of the discussions to say anything worthwhile in my opinion. I doubt many people notice me anyway..

It took me forever but I read through most of this thread. What's the story with "War"? It'd make a nice bed-time story, or a story at least.

btw, does it amuse anyone else as it does me to see a few people that have posted in this thread whom have been banned? teeheehee[/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Boba Fett][color=green]I'd completely forgotten about a lot of members brought up in this thread that have since left the boards. Brings back a lot of nice memories. It's funny how in retrospect everything seems to fade into warm happiness. I really don't remember nearly as much of the negative as I do the positive.

I remember when the Otaku Lounge, or whatever it was called back then (Sadly, I can't recall off the top of my head) was filled with controversial topics, and I'd race to post and debate before they burned out of control and were locked. That certainly doesn't happen much anymore.

/shrug

Good times, good times.[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Yes nostalgia does tend to make you look back on things with a slightly warm view, though as I found out a while ago after looking through some of my earlier posts, (one in particular which featured a Boba Fett who used to use more than a few smilies ;) ) we look back with a pair of rose tinted sunglasses. Still it's always nice to look back on your past and smile in the knowledge that it's brought you to where you are now.

As for the racing in to debates I'd say we still do that fairly often though we've exercised and explained our points on the same subject matter so many times it's become a bit pointless. After all you, Drix and I were often the voices of conservatism in most debates that involved the damning of the latter by those who did not like it's policies.[/SIZE]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Times New Roman]Heh, I'm surprised some people still remember me :D

I still post on OB, just very rarely because of work/family/etc.so I don't post as much as I'd want to I guess, also there aren't many topic's I'd want to reply to either I guess, I dunno maybe I'm getting old or something :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet']Oh yeah I remember Crimson Spider he hasn't been on much, but there were always these ungodly long posts whenever there was a topic of controversial nature.[/color][/quote]

[size=1][color=royalblue]To me, he was quite a god on the Pokemon battling scene. He's the one that introduced me to RSbot and EV Training. He even helped me with my Pro Action Replay when I first bought it to use on my Sapphire version. ^____^ The only thing I see ungodly is the patience he had with my extreme slowness--he answered every question/concern I had dealing with Pokemon (I had started getting into it in 2002-03, and albeit I'm not as fervent of a player, I still love the series).

Maybe not good in a argument, but he had the best battle strategies I've ever heard of, or haven't, lol.

Yeah, I have been thinking about changing my OB name to something else, but y'know, Dark Serena is my online name, lol. It's basically a part of me now. If I changed it, I may as well be cutting off my thumbs and donating them to a poor, thumbless gamer. :p [/color][/size]

[SIZE=1]Im not a Very old member. I came here like what...? A year and a half ago, or something? Not sure. I remember members like Kaola Su, and Dark Death. They helped me alot with my graphcis and what-not. ...

Oh...and I remember when Dayday and Taylor Hewitt got banned. Now THAT was good stuff[/SIZE]

[font=Verdana][I]Apparently this is my join date (that was a no-brainer really). Most people will not know me because for the 3 years and however many days I've been here I've remained localised in the what was then Games and Stories and it appears that most of the regulars from that portion of the site are now inactive.[/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]For a long time, almost a year, I haven't posted anywhere so it's even less likely that the people who did know before then are still here. [/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]However as Gavin (Kane to those who don't know) said earlier two of the three members of the DBZ RPG army still live although are not doing much or anything in the way of a DBZ RPG. It was infact Gavin who drew me to this thread. [/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]Although lately I've been drawn back to the boards and have begun posting in other areas and have even taken on a family member, Shugo54, my son. [/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]Although most people will not know me I know a lot about the various memories that people have mentioned because I have watched these events from afar.[/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]Although once again I find myself straying from the original point I meant to make (which now escapes me) which is why I'm reluctant to make a return - or a "return" - to the boards on fear of being repeled because of my mindless rants.[/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana]Therefore I end my rant here.[/I][/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]
[font=Verdana][/font]