OtakuBoards

At the end of the world, where will you be?

Doukeshi

[FONT=Arial][COLOR=Teal] I'll probably be doing something pointless, like watching TV or on the computer when I finally realize the world will end. Then I'll probably get a "HOLY FU-" out before whatever is ending the world kills me.

But seriously, I doubt the world will end any time soon. The sun isn't set to fiss out for another, oh, 300 billion years I believe? If an astroid is coming, I mean, come on, we have enough nukes to destroy earth, I think we have enough for an astroid. And global warming probably won't take effect until way in the future when we'll all be gone. So don't sweat this stuff. And personally, I'd probably want to be asleep when the world ends. A peaceful death is much better thena terrifying one. :sleep: [/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo
If the world was going to end I would try like hell to survive because frankly I don't give a d*mn if I have a "Right" to live or not, just there are other things I would rather do than die.
Guess I'm an inherently selfish person but self-reliance and adaptabilty to survive have always been traits I have admired. And saying nobody has the right to live because we are human is slightly odd, because if there is any judge deciding if a particular species has the right to live, then how are we to know what the criteria are? since every single perception we have and thought comes from a human mind,how are we to know anything else? Sure humanity has it's share of slimeballs just look at John Kerry :D . ( I realize from reading the majority of other signatures I've seen on these furoms that I just made alot of enemies but oh well, Bring it ;) ).
And finally to answer the Question If I live to see Doomsday and there is Zip, Zero, Nada chance for survival I want to be getting Laid when the world ends, Die happy. :devil:

[SIZE=1]I agree with TigerVX here, I'll more than likely not realise it's the end of the world and I'll be caught off guard doing something totally pointless that I do everyday, like watching The Simpsons. If I did hear about the Apocalypse before it happened I'd more than likely hold up my local videogame retailer and enjoy some virtual happiness until the big adios. [/SIZE]

[color=crimson]I suppose it's the "in" opinion of the day to hold some sort of disdain for humanity as a whole.

We have no directive. As such, we screw up. Along with these screw ups, however, we have achieved outstanding [as far as we can see] leaps in technology and, to some extent, socially. What have we contributed to the universe? When have we had the opportunity to contribute to the universe? I might have missed something, but we are still struggling - we haven't even unified together as a species. How can we contribute anything to the universe when we are still deadlocked between each other in national and racial conflicts on a single, small planet? I'm not sure what sort of impact on the universe you have in mind, but you have to realize that, no matter how technologically advanced we are, we are still a divided, segregated species whose full potential is being wasted on inter-species struggles. This might be preachy, but I find it to be true- think about how many material and human resources are being expended in Iraq on both sides. Both sides are preaching that they are justified in their actions- this may or may not be true, but whatever the reasons for being there, a heavy toll is being paid. That is one of dozens of current examples, ignoring all the wars of the past. With this, I can say that humanity still needs progress, obviously- but it doesn't "deserve" anything as negative as that.

If the end of the world comes, I don't know where I will be. Hopefully I will have forewarning of it so I don't end my existence on this planet sitting on the toilet or something. If I don't have forewarning, I guess I'll just have to hope I'm lucky ;P. If I do, I'd prolly try to do something with friends or something spiritually symbolic, like praying to the spirits of the earth or something. Go out with a quiet smile.

Here's to the Apocalypse.[/color]

[quote name='Kane][SIZE=1']If I did hear about the Apocalypse before it happened I'd more than likely hold up my local videogame retailer and enjoy some virtual happiness until the big adios. [/SIZE][/quote]

[size=1][color=purple]Well said, Kane. Well said. >:3 Except Wal-Mart wouldn't be a good choice, lol. I'd raid GameCrazy, since they over-frickin'-price the games. Payback! Well, I might leave a few bucks on the counter, lol. X3[/color][/size]

I know what I will be doing near the end of the world.... :D

I will be holding a Grand anime Party in Las Vegas. Everyone will invited to the party including anime fans [SIZE=2]around the world[/SIZE]!
We shall be watching FF7 Advent Children untill the world finally blows up.
(Now stuffing lettuce in mouth.)
And during the end of the world, I shall be the "[COLOR=YellowGreen]Ruler of all Tutles[/COLOR]"!!
:devil: Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! :devil:
Then I will donate 1 thousand shells to the "Tutles without Homes" program.
While this is all happing, I shall be watching all Love Hina Eps. with :love: [COLOR=Pink]Mutsumi[/COLOR] :love: in them.

When the world ends, it will be because I have at long last convinced everyone to abandon it in favor of my paper-mache earth by offering them free T-shirts. I will rejoice in my newfound dominance over this sphere we call earth right before a meteor hits and eradicates all life, and the people on the paper-mache earth are the ones who survive...

A cookie to whoever can tell me where I got that from...

[font=papyrus][color=blue]This is just like when my ex would ask me what would I do if I missed the Rapture. I'll tell you what I told him: I would much rather not be around when the world ends.

But, if, perhaps, I am one of the unforutunates to see the end of the age of Mankind, I don't know what I would be doing - most likely something along the lines of living as a hermit on Mount Fuji - but I have some good ideas about whom I would like to be doing it with.[/font][/color]

Well doukeshi03....I'd have to agree with you..what the hell makes humanity so special to survive that?....i mean all we do is ****, shave, shower and shag....(ok some work, some dont, some have families..etc..but you know what I mean)....what i'm trying to say is this...

There's a hole in the ozone layer...half or even most of the worlds pathetic excuse for humans don't give a damn!..or else they would of put an end to the polution.....

Cyclones hit Florida..poeple stayed and celebrated the cyclones arrival!!! I mean whats up with that!!

People are killing people, there's terrorist about us...buildings are blowing up, there's shop lifters, drug addicts, rapests, women bashers, men bashers..damn humanity could sell a book on its self if humanity was one person...but hey who am i to judge..I'm not perfect....so where would I be when the world comes to an end????.........Celebrating the death of humanity and sreaming "TAKE ME" at the top of my lungs because to me we all need to be killed...and for those who do good things and arent happy with what I just said...who cares, get over it your going to die someday!!....(Laughing Pshycotically!!)

Well that was fun!!

I will be sitting in my room listening to Aenema by Tool and watching the tidal waves wash everything away.

Seriously though, I don't think the world is going to end all too soon. I'm an Atheist, so I don't believe in that revelations crap, and I don't think it's possible for humans to destroy the world.

Are we really all that vain to think that we could destroy a planet? When the world for humans is gone there will still be something left, life doesn't revolve around us.

I just got one problem with this 'end' of the world prediction' of yours. First off, if we're talking an 'end' of [I]biblical[/I] proportions, humanity, dumb, stupid, insignificant race that we are, won't even have the luxury of running around screaming our heads off about it. I highly doubt that humanity would be aware of the world's end until, oh, maybe five seconds [I]after[/I] it happened. You can argue with me all you want on this point, but I'll just say this: I highly doubt one day all of a sudden some deity is gonna flip on some kind of 'intercom' and say 'attention humanity, you suck and you're all gonna die in a few seconds' or something to that effect, so I just can't see humanity being [I]aware[/I] of the apocalypse at all.

That being said, if the end of the world isn't brought about by some biblical calamity, we're probably going to blow ourselves up with some kind of hyper-bomb, and nobody's gonna be running around screaming because we're all gonna be too busy hating each other for some petty, meaningless reason, or not even knowing about it anyways, owing to the fact that I don't believe our government (or any, for that matter) would disclose information on this massive 'nuclear' war until the first city was hit, at which time nobody would be left there [I]to[/I] run around screaming and yelling.

Myself, I plan to be dead by the time this happens, though if I'm still alive at the time of the apocolypse, I'll more than less likely be right here, at my computer, at OB, not even expecting it when it happens. Come to think about it, I'll probably be a lot happier afterwards...

Moral is: Don't bother trying to 'repent', because in the end, you'll die, go to whatever 'afterlife' you have destined for you (if there is an afterlife), and that'll all happen so fast and unexpectedly, you won't have time to even [I]think[/I] about reducing yourself to any more of a lower-life-form than you already are (i.e. said screaming and running). We deserve to die, and I'll be waiting for you all at the gate to the afterlife, so I can point, laugh, and throw pikachu plushies at you.

• 3 weeks later...
AT the end of the world I will be dead, and nobody wil care. I mean none of my friends truly like me...its just a cover up so that they can plan my demise. whatever that word means. I mean...thats just wrong!!!!!!!!! WHY DOT HEY HATE ME SO?????I know I'm going off topis but you know...thats just what I do.

[size=1]Well, I guess humanity has done a lot. Like destroyed everything. :)

If the world were to come to its untimely demise, and I was unaware of it, I'd probably be doing something really embrarrasing, like taking a piss. What a bad way to die.

If I were aware of the end coming, however, I'd probably make sure I was on a rollercoaster as the world ended around me. That would be pretty awesome, who wants to die without a kick?[/size]

[QUOTE=Wave_of_Death]I just got one problem with this 'end' of the world prediction' of yours. First off, if we're talking an 'end' of [I]biblical[/I] proportions, humanity, dumb, stupid, insignificant race that we are, won't even have the luxury of running around screaming our heads off about it.

Moral is: Don't bother trying to 'repent', because in the end, you'll die, go to whatever 'afterlife' you have destined for you (if there is an afterlife), and that'll all happen so fast and unexpectedly, you won't have time to even [I]think[/I] about reducing yourself to any more of a lower-life-form than you already are (i.e. said screaming and running). We deserve to die, and I'll be waiting for you all at the gate to the afterlife, so I can point, laugh, and throw pikachu plushies at you.[/QUOTE]

ok. An apolcalypes of [I]biblical[/I] proportions we will, in fact know that our time is up. In the Bible (which I assume you mean by biblical), revelations is full of strange allegories and symbolism, but the point is that there going to be ALOT of different things happening before the end. We will know that the end is near, due to the things described in the book. I could get into detail, but whatever -- and humans aren't stupid. You're one of those people who look down on yourself and your own human race. [I]Go Humans[/I]! w00t!

And the after life thing you speak of? I can't argue against it, as I don't know what'll happen after the end, only my faith. ::shrug:: But I don't think I deserve to die. Why would I? Why do you deserve to die? I think your generalizing the whole human race as pillagers, destroyers of nature, killers of all things. You may be right that SOME of us do that, but SOME of us don't.

But if you think you deserve to die, go ahead and think that. You have your own opinion. Heh. :)

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=1]At the end of the world, where will I be? It depends on the means of ending. If the end of the world came by hands of some extra-terrestrial force bent on the eradicatio of humanity, then I would probably flip them off and use guerrilla tactics to pick them off. That is of course if they don't choose to use planetary bombardment as a means of our demise. Then I would just have to flip them off as some sort of beam vaporized me. If the end of the world came by the means of thermo-nuclear war perpetuated by our own race, then I would hope the shallow hole I dig is good enough either as a shelter or a grave as the explosion turns me into particles. I don't think I'd like to be in a sea of LCL either...anyway...whatever end, I'll be there to stand against it. *imagines getting into a gundam, getting ready to fight the final battle for Earth..or something* Darn fantasies :D [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]In the Bible (which I assume you mean by biblical), revelations is full of strange allegories and symbolism, but the point is that there going to be ALOT of different things happening before the end.[/QUOTE]
What you fail to realize is that by 'biblical' I mean not only the bible, but also the qur'an, the TehNaKa, ect, ect, *goes on listing the religious books of all cultures and religions*. And don't [I]even[/I] tell me that [U]all[/U] of them specify the preclusions to our ultimate end, because I know for a fact that they don't having read several of them myself. Like the religious book of the Craft, for example. It says nothing about events leading up to the apocalypse.

[QUOTE]But I don't think I deserve to die. Why would I? Why do you deserve to die? I think your generalizing the whole human race as pillagers, destroyers of nature, killers of all things. You may be right that SOME of us do that, but SOME of us don't.[/QUOTE]

Funny, if you're gonna be referencing the Bible...does the Bible not say that we [I]all[/I] deserve to die? That we [I]all[/I] are sinners and that the only thing sparing us from burning in eternal hell is that about 2000 years ago, someone supposedly got nailed to a crucifix where he [I]died[/I] three days later? If there's something we've done that's bad enough for someone to have to get nailed to two pieces of wood and die to make up for it, but [I]not[/I] enough of a sin that we all deserve to die for it, please tell me.
And the human race being a bunch of pillagers,destroyers of nature, killers of all things? I hate to break this to you, but we [I]ARE[/I]. Just in our simple quest for a more technologically advanced society, for a better living, we destroy, burn, and otherwise utterly annihalate anything and everything to provide the energy we would inevitably 'need' to produce the necessary energy to simply sustain our lives. And what of it? The rain forests are dying, polar ice caps are melting, oceans, lakes and rivers are growing dark with the filth of the human race...if we found a way to convert people into a massive energy source, I wouldn't be surprised if we turned on each other, feeding our own kind into some machine to extract the energy from within.

But I get off subject.

Even if there [I]were[/I], supposedly, various clues, hints, shall we say, to the end of the world, we would never be given the exact time, so we'd just end up wondering...waiting for the end...never realizing how close it actually is until it happens. Except me, 'cause I'll be too busy, as previously stated, going on with my normal life. Yes, I'm an existentialist.

[QUOTE=Wave_of_Death]...But I get off subject.

Even if there [I]were[/I], supposedly, various clues, hints, shall we say, to the end of the world, we would never be given the exact time, so we'd just end up wondering...waiting for the end...never realizing how close it actually is until it happens. Except me, 'cause I'll be too busy, as previously stated, going on with my normal life. Yes, I'm an existentialist.[/QUOTE]

[font=georgia][color=blue][i]Sorry, I didn't feel like quoting the entire post, especially since it's right above me.

The point, Wave_of_Death, is that this is strictly a silly as all get out question. If, surpassing all known laws of whatever, that there were not clues, or hints, or suppositions, to when the world would end, but if you knew the exact DATE and TIME, what would you be doing? In other words...what's the one thing you must do before you die. [b]Right[/b] before, if you knew the rest of the known world was going out at the same time. Would it change the way you lead your life? Humor us.[/font][/color][/i]

Sorry ahead of time for my response getting a little too religious.
----
[quote name='Wave_of_Death]What you fail to realize is that by 'biblical' I mean not only the bible, but also the qur'an, the TehNaKa, ect, ect, *goes on listing the religious books of all cultures and religions*. And don't [I]even[/I] tell me that [U]all[/U'] of them specify the preclusions to our ultimate end, because I know for a fact that they don't having read several of them myself. Like the religious book of the Craft, for example. It says nothing about events leading up to the apocalypse.[/quote]
Point taken. But I've never heard of Craft or the TehNaKa. What religion are these books holy in?

[quote]
Funny, if you're gonna be referencing the Bible...does the Bible not say that we [I]all[/I] deserve to die? That we [I]all[/I] are sinners and that the only thing sparing us from burning in eternal hell is that about 2000 years ago, someone supposedly got nailed to a crucifix where he [I]died[/I] three days later? If there's something we've done that's bad enough for someone to have to get nailed to two pieces of wood and die to make up for it, but [I]not[/I] enough of a sin that we all deserve to die for it, please tell me. [/quote]
Please read the bible before quoting it incorrectly. First of all, Jesus died by crucifixion, and three days later came back to life by his own power, then ascended into heaven.

The bible says that the Lamb of God died to wash the sins of the world away. He has mercy on us, as long as we recognize him as the Savior, and repent of our evil ways. Last time [i]I[/i] checked, I repent of my ways every few days, and recognize him as my Savior.

And in Chrisitianity, death is a release into a pure and perfect realm, where we get to exist among Jesus, the Holy Spirit, and God the Father forever. Assuming you followed the Word.

[quote]
And the human race being a bunch of pillagers,destroyers of nature, killers of all things? I hate to break this to you, but we [I]ARE[/I]. Just in our simple quest for a more technologically advanced society, for a better living, we destroy, burn, and otherwise utterly annihalate anything and everything to provide the energy we would inevitably 'need' to produce the necessary energy to simply sustain our lives. And what of it? The rain forests are dying, polar ice caps are melting, oceans, lakes and rivers are growing dark with the filth of the human race...if we found a way to convert people into a massive energy source, I wouldn't be surprised if we turned on each other, feeding our own kind into some machine to extract the energy from within.
[/QUOTE]

Your first point is true. The human race as a whole destroys nature, but not for fun. The lifestyle we have grown into demands of it, and society would either collapse -- ending humanity -- or would riot -- total anarchy. Personally, selfishly, I'd rather not die early in life to save the planet.

Your second point is funny. That we would turn on humans for energy. I seriously doubt that if any attempt to harness people's body heat/electricity for energy is possible, and if it is, would be able to stand the war that the rest of the world would take to them. Yes, it's true, the US sleeps on many terrible problems, such as genocide in Sudan as well as many other places, oppressive gov'ts all around the world, etc. I think that if we could, our president isn't stupid enough not to play hero and try to save the world. I think that at the sight of the whole human race being enslaved like that would rise an international call for uniting to stop it, mainly because it might happen to us if we let it go on too long.

Just give atomic fission ( I think that's the one) a chance. Once we figure out how to crack open the nucleus of an atom, we will have energy a-plenty to go around, as something like a book could fuel us for hundreds of years.

So in summary, I don't think that the whole human race deserves to die, and no, I don't think that humans will be harvested for energy ... ever.