Dragon Warrior

Do you like Star Wars??  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']As for the earlier question about whether or not Boba Fett would be able to defeat Grievous, well the reason Grievous' chest plates were more visible were because of an earlier battle with Mace Windu and Obi Wan's literally tearing them further open. In a straight battle, I reckon Grievous would make mince meat of Fett, I'm a Boba Fett and Clone Trooper fan, but in fairness let's not have flights of fancy here. As for Fett versus a Sith Lord, well if Grievous would have killed him, then I'd hate to see the poor SOB after a Sith Lord was finished with him. [/SIZE][/quote]

Well, even so. I still believe Fett always has some kind of strategy against someone. I'm not saying Grievous sucks against him (he is, after all, a flippin' General). It's just like I said before... [spoiler]Fett beat all the other bounty hunters by himself.[/spoiler] So why couldn't he take a four-armed alien robot? Obi Wan beat him with a blaster, so in all fairness, I think Fett is a much better shot than Kenobi.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1']As for the earlier question about whether or not Boba Fett would be able to defeat Grievous, well the reason Grievous' chest plates were more visible were because of an earlier battle with Mace Windu and Obi Wan's literally tearing them further open. In a straight battle, I reckon Grievous would make mince meat of Fett, I'm a Boba Fett and Clone Trooper fan, but in fairness let's not have flights of fancy here. As for Fett versus a Sith Lord, well if Grievous would have killed him, then I'd hate to see the poor SOB after a Sith Lord was finished with him. [/SIZE][/quote]

Boba Fett's biggest asset has always been his cunning and intelligence, not the small armoury he wears over his body. In any situation I have witnessed him in, save the Sarlacc incident, he always has several tricks up his sleeve. You can guarantee that he would know of Grevious, his temperament and personality, and be able to manipulate him accordingly. Grevious' legend was made due to his sheer ruthlessness and bloodlust, not through any strategic genius, and so I'm sure if and when they did fight, Boba would have a trap set for Grevious, and he would walk right into it, as so many have done before him. I liken it to Fett's rivalry with Bossk. Not saying that Bossk is in the same league as Grevious, but they are both characters physically superior to Fett who operate on anger and rage, and no-one was better at turning this against Bossk than Fett. Against Grevious, I'm confident it would simply go the same way.

As for Fett fighting a Sith Lord... well it's fairly well documented that Fett has battled Darth Vader some time between ANH and ESB. Now, I don't know the specifics of the battle, but judging by the fact that Fett is alive in ESB shows that he was competant enough to atleast survive a bout against one of the galaxies most famous Sith. Having said that, if he fought Sidious, it would be a different story. Sith Lightning - lightsaber or Yoda's power = crispy Boba. Plus, the last time I checked, metal is a conductor of electricity... and I don't think that Mandalorian battle armour is made of rubber.

But once again, as you've stated just now, Yoda, wouldn't Boba prepare himself for that kind of thing. I'm not sure Fett has ever changed his armor or anything for any situation, but I'm quite sure he's aware of Sith Lightning and you'd think he'd be ready to face it (and know his basic science facts that we all learn in Biology class). So perhaps he'd either have some sort of defense mechanism to protect himself from the lightning or he'd even change his armor. All I'm saying is I think Boba could put up a good fight because he [i]would[/i] strategize against a Sith. But I won't say he'll win or not.

The Sith's biggest weakness against Fett, I think, is the fact that they're so well known that everyone, especially Fett, will know all their strengths, weaknesses, and everything else about them. He could easily plot against them.

[color=darkred][size=1]

Fett has no real grasp of Force Power. Yeah, he saw his father die by the hands of Windu, just as he's seen Vader force choke and the Emperor use lightning. But what would he do if he found a lightsaber twirling at him? Force push was never used in front of him. Neither was any real atheleticism. Vader was horribly mangled and the Emperor is an elderly human. Neither of them have very trained bodies. He may have survived against Vader. But lets seem him take on Vader pre-lava pit. Lets see 'em take on Windu or Master Yoda. Maul would eradicate him, me thinks.

I'm sure he could survive against Vader's straight foward fighting style attributed to his aging and destroyed body, but not the acrobatic martial arts that the younger Jedi and Sith used. So, maybe he can fight against a little force power, which Vader probably didn't use, but I don't think he could handle a full force master.

As for the Box Set, I don't plan on touching it. I have two special edition "Making Of's"and all six movies already. No real need for me.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Yoda']Boba Fett's biggest asset has always been his cunning and intelligence, not the small armoury he wears over his body. In any situation I have witnessed him in, save the Sarlacc incident, he always has several tricks up his sleeve. You can guarantee that he would know of Grievous, his temperament and personality, and be able to manipulate him accordingly. Grievous' legend was made due to his sheer ruthlessness and bloodlust, not through any strategic genius, and so I'm sure if and when they did fight, Boba would have a trap set for Grievous, and he would walk right into it, as so many have done before him. I liken it to Fett's rivalry with Bossk. Not saying that Bossk is in the same league as Grievous, but they are both characters physically superior to Fett who operate on anger and rage, and no-one was better at turning this against Bossk than Fett. Against Grievous, I'm confident it would simply go the same way.[/quote]

[SIZE=1]While I agree with you Craig that in any situation where preplanning was available, Fett would certainly have a few tricks stashed up those gauntlets of his, in a straight battle Grievous would butcher him rather badly. Boba Fett is basically an ARC, perhaps even more than an ARC, and Grievous was more than capable of slaughtering them by himself. In relation to the General's own mental state, yes his transformation into a cyborg left him more violent than before, but even still he was known to be a tactical and strategic genius well matching Boba Fett, although granted his area of expertise is more linked to large scale battles than single combat.

All that said, Grievous can wield up to six lightsabers at any given time, Fett can't use any, my money is still hands down on Grievous for a quick and decisive win.[/SIZE]

[quote name='Yoda']As for Fett fighting a Sith Lord... well it's fairly well documented that Fett has battled Darth Vader some time between ANH and ESB. Now, I don't know the specifics of the battle, but judging by the fact that Fett is alive in ESB shows that he was competent enough to at least survive a bout against one of the galaxies most famous Sith. Having said that, if he fought Sidious, it would be a different story. Sith Lightning - lightsaber or Yoda's power = crispy Boba. Plus, the last time I checked, metal is a conductor of electricity... and I don't think that Mandalorian battle armour is made of rubber.[/quote]

[quote name='Wookiepedia][FONT=Trebuchet MS']Later, Darth Vader hired Fett to capture an Imperial named Abal Karda. On Maryx Minor, Vader arrived to end the deal and take the prisoner himself. Fett, still under contract, wanted the bounty, and the pair fought. The two battled until Vader turned his attention away from Fett momentarily, at which point Fett debated executing him, but decided against it, due to the fact that if he did, the Empire would trouble him to no end. Thus, the fight ended in a draw, and the two set aside their differences.[/FONT][/quote]

[SIZE=1]I still have trouble believing Vader was in a position where Fett could have killed him, but these seem to be the facts of the situation. Still I'm inclined to agree with The Boss' sentiment that defeating Vader's straightforward assault is one thing, but the martial prowess of a competent Master is quite another. [/SIZE]

Well, if we speak of Vader (this is after he's become cyborg), then sure, Fett might have a shot at killing him. But of course I'd have to agree that he wouldn't stand a chance at Anakin just before he became Vader. He was at his prime, his peak. He was virtually the greatest fighter right then and there [spoiler](despite the fact that Obi Wan chopped him like lettuce for a salad.)[/spoiler] I still wouldn't give Grievous so much credit, but I also won't jump the gun and say Fett would kill him quickly. Grievous may have six lightsabers, but seriously, this battle really depends on the situation at hand and everything in the environment.

Greivous' six lightsaber advantage is shot if it's long distance. That's where Fett would reign supreme and use a blaster. Close up, obviously Grievous could slice and dice Fett up in seconds (unless Boba had some kind of thing to stop that, but I don't see that even happening). If it was on some high up area, it'd be iffy because Grievous has excellent jumping and climbing skills, but Fett has a jetpack and pretty good agility himself. And possibly, if Grievous had no lightsabers at hand and Fett lacked his guns and such, it'd be interesting to see how a hand-to-hand combat would go. Grievous has six arms, so that might be a "tangle" of trouble for Fett :P

Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be quick to judge who'd win that fight because as I said before, it all depends on the situation.

[color=dimgray][size=1]

I think Fett could take Greivous regardless of range. His equipment is just about all close and long range. I could imagine Grevious getting set on fire by Fett's flamethrower at close range. Now if it were hand to hand, well, that's not really fair. Seeing as how Greivous does have six limbs and robotic strenght, I don't think it'd be a very fair fight against a regular human, even if it is Fett. But then again, if Fett had any misc. items just laying around, I'm sure he'd figure out a way to use them effectively.

I don't even really like Fett that much, but I still think he could take Greivous. And as for there being a time where Vader was at Fett's mercy, I doubt it. Fett may have believed Vader was for the taking, but again, the Force is a bee-atch.[/color][/size]

• 1 month later...
[SIZE=1]Hmm, six weeks since the last reply and thankfully it wasn't from me.

With the release of the first Legacy Era Star Wars novel [I]Betrayal[/I] a fortnight ago, which is set approximately five years after the end of the New Jedi Order era has rekindled the Star Wars universe with a bang. Now don't get me wrong, I liked the NJO enough, but found it hard to really get to grips with the Yuuzhan Vong as a culture as well as their technology being so completely superior so often to the New Republic/Galactic Alliance.

[spoiler]Betrayal however starts us out on familiar ground, with Jedi Knight Jacen Solo leading his apprentice Ben Skywalker on an inspection of an weapons production facility on Adamar. All is not as it seems however and it becomes apparent over the course of the novel that the Galactic Alliance is slowly transforming into a repressive and authoritarian regime similar to the Empire in the eyes of some of it's citizens, while elsewhere the Corellians are seen as milking the system of the Alliance without contributing their fair share to the galaxy at large with little intention of doing so.

As you might imagine, the books real value lies in how it's developing the Jedi Order as well as Jacen Solo as a character, for many of us the Yuuzhan Vong war as well as his subsequent travels among other Force religions in the years that passed was the sign that Jacen would not be held to the typical restraints and beliefs of a Jedi.[/spoiler]

[CENTER][B]MAJOR SPOILERS COMING UP[/B][/CENTER]

[spoiler]It is completely unsurprising then, though well written enough to be somewhat unexpected, that his descent along a mirrored path to his grandfather Anakin in the prequel trilogy leads to his eventual seduction at the hand of a Sith Lord. Well almost, as Luminya can't really be called a Sith, and claiming the mantle of Sith Lord for himself. What is surprising is how easily Jacen was seduced, and really how awfully obvious Luminya's drawing him to the Dark Side was done, a speech to him claiming that the Dark and Light sides are so similar in application that one can be a Sith without succumbing to the corruption of the Dark Side is one's will is strong enough.

Perhaps Jacen had already fallen and not realised it, or perhaps he is far more naive than we ever believed, the result is the same and with the murder of a fellow Jedi attempting to arrest Luminya, another act Anakin committed, Jacen is now set to become the next and perhaps most personally devastating Sith Lord Luke will face. The fact that Jacen believes he will not be seduced by the Dark Side's corruptions, as Luminya told him that only the weak of mind were corrupted, is obviously going to play a big part in his eventual fall and battle with the Jedi Order. Will he try and convert Ben to the Dark Side, or will he try to convert sister Jaina ?

The scene as a galaxy as large is also set to erupt into conflict as the Alliance tries to desperately reign in rebellious Corellia, but this seems to be the symptom of a much larger conflict brewing on the horizon. One that will shatter the Skywalker and Solo relationship perhaps irreparably.[/spoiler]

Has anyone else read the book and agrees/disagrees with my thoughts ?[/SIZE]

• 5 months later...
[size=1][color=DimGray][b]Gavin[/b], I'm sad to say that I have not read [u]Betrayal[/u], however, in order to keep this thread alive, I am going to bring up a subject that everyone can discuss.

I discovered this video a few weeks ago, and I thought it was pretty good.

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz9uLFdfacM"]Star Wars In 3 Minutes

[/url]
It was put together quite well, especially the editing, and I think that it is very creative overall (even if the idea has been played out before).

What does everyone else think?

[/color][/size]

[size=1]It's okay, but it really doesn't show any of the actual plot points. Like, it goes from storm troopers in the desert to the cantina and then all Luke even does there is look around. The editing is decent and the action figures are pretty nifty, but that's all I'm really fond of this. Otherwise, even Star Wars fans will think "WTF is going on?" when they see it. I'm just saying it could've been done better :)

"Stars Wars A Mile A Minute" is much better and funnier. If I can find it again, I'll reveal it.[/size]

• 5 months later...
[color=dimgray]So Starwars.com has released the first trailer for the 3D Clone Wars series [url="http://www.starwars.com/video/view/000478.html"]here[/url]. When I first heard about the series the only thing I cringed over was how it would look aesthetically, but of course I should have been more trusting in today's visual technology. It looks great! *hugs Lucas for still being amazing*

Hopefully it's not just wishful thinking that the series overall will be good, too. I'm still on a Star Wars fix, because of the whole 30-year-anniversary, the History Channel special, etc. (not including how I've watched the Robot Chicken trailer for Star Wars about five times).

Any thoughts/comments?

[font=Verdana][color=blue]Merged this with the official Star Wars thread.[/color][/font]
[/color][font=Verdana][color=blue]- Petie[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]Cool video, I'm not overly mad about the looks of the characters, a little too plasticine looking for my tastes but it's Star Wars which means I will eventually watch it and probably by it. That said though I've already got the Animated Clone Wars, so this would want to be a good bit better for me to get hyped over it. [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=crimson][font=century gothic][size=3] Yep. Lol. This thread has been around forever. I remember that I started it but didn't, so I remembered things wrongly. Hehehe.

Anyways, I am really excited about the new TV series of Clone Wars. Should be a step up from that clumsy looking 2D one they did.

I'm only hoping that they will finally give the fans something they have been pining for in the years following the NT release; Jar-Jar Stinks chopped to a bajillion pieces and incinerated during the "galactic fuel shortage" on Tatouine!

I hear Gungans burn well, and are a great supply of fuel. [/size][/font][/color]

[SIZE=1]Shame, I was actually really excited when I saw the name pop up in that OBT game thread.

By the way major talking point/spoiler about the new Star Wars Legacy book. [spoiler]MARA JADE DIES.[/spoiler] [/SIZE]

• 1 year later...
[size=1]Phew. It's been some time since this thing has seen some life, eh?

Well, I'm moving to the city, so I've been cleaning a lot and I finally got around to cleaning out my closet (quite the task, let me tell you). What I found were all my old Star Wars toys and treasures. I had some Collector's Series figurines still in their boxes and a lot of those little heads of the characters that open up into scenes from the movies. Haha, please tell me you people know what I'm talking about.

Here's one of them...

[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1436/head1.jpg[/img]
The outside of the Stormtrooper one, which I conveniently sat on top of the Episode 4 DVD and I didn't even realize it. Haha. Either way, as you can see it's the Stormtrooper's head.

[img]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2905/head2n.jpg[/img]
Then you open his head up and it's part of the Death Star so you can play out scenes, particularly from Episode 4. Everything from the hole they blow into the side of the wall to escape to the trash pit below.

[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8405/head3x.jpg[/img]
And here's a fun close-up of the trash pit. There's a little turning wheel so you can close the walls in and out (so you can crush your favorite childhood heroes just like in the movie!). There's also the weird one-eyed monster (alright, kids... calm down...) in the water you can make pop up and such.

I have quite a few of these, as Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood. Does anyone else remember them? haha.

[/size]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior][SIZE=1']There's also the weird one-eyed monster (alright, kids... calm down...)[/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Ha! Penis!

Phallic double entendres aside, this thread is the reason I joined OB in the first place. Really takes me back...

And yes, I do remember those helmet action playset things, however, I never owned any of them. I was more into the books (informational, not fictional/EU) rather than the toys, but don't get me wrong; I did own plenty of the toys.

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[size=1]I was the exact opposite it would seem. I wasn't into reading the books much. I read a few of the Apprentice series because they were easy, quick reads. The toys and stuff was where it was at.

Oddly enough, I never owned one of the lightsabers. My friend and I grabbed two the other day while in Wal-Mart and walked around with them latched to our belts. Some kid came up to me and stared and I just stared back and said, "I'm a jedi."

The kid's like, "You are not. I'm ten. I'm old enough to know they're fake."

Then I killed the little hoe.

... or not.[/size]

[quote name='Dragon Warrior'][size=1]Phew. It's been some time since this thing has seen some life, eh?

Well, I'm moving to the city, so I've been cleaning a lot and I finally got around to cleaning out my closet (quite the task, let me tell you). What I found were all my old Star Wars toys and treasures. I had some Collector's Series figurines still in their boxes and a lot of those little heads of the characters that open up into scenes from the movies. Haha, please tell me you people know what I'm talking about.

Here's one of them...

[img]http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1436/head1.jpg[/img]
The outside of the Stormtrooper one, which I conveniently sat on top of the Episode 4 DVD and I didn't even realize it. Haha. Either way, as you can see it's the Stormtrooper's head.

[img]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/2905/head2n.jpg[/img]
Then you open his head up and it's part of the Death Star so you can play out scenes, particularly from Episode 4. Everything from the hole they blow into the side of the wall to escape to the trash pit below.

[img]http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/8405/head3x.jpg[/img]
And here's a fun close-up of the trash pit. There's a little turning wheel so you can close the walls in and out (so you can crush your favorite childhood heroes just like in the movie!). There's also the weird one-eyed monster (alright, kids... calm down...) in the water you can make pop up and such.

I have quite a few of these, as Star Wars was a huge part of my childhood. Does anyone else remember them? haha.

[/size][/QUOTE]

Sure enough! I had Boba Fett's head, which was a miniature Cloud City on the inside. It even came with a tiny cloud car!

Choking hazard my Aunt Fanny. You and I are still alive, DragonWarrior.

[quote name='Dragon Warrior'][size=1]Probably not for long, Mykul. I dropped my Death Star on my own head today when organizing stuff in my closet. I'll surely be dead by the end of the week :P[/size][/QUOTE]

At least it only [I]fell[/I] on your head. You were lucky. It could have turned you into an asteroid field...

So does anyone know anything about this live-action TV series that's rumored to be in the works? It has a page up on IMDB, but I was completely unaware that anything like this was being planned.

[quote name='Mykul']So does anyone know anything about this live-action TV series that's rumored to be in the works? It has a page up on IMDB, but I was completely unaware that anything like this was being planned.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]From what I remember it's supposed to bridge the 17 or so year gap between Episodes III and IV and feature some of the actors from the movies in their former roles, Boba Fett apparently getting quite a bit of screen-time to develop him. That said if Lucas writes and directs again I'm sure we can look forward to dialogue and pacing on-par with the prequel trilogy. :animesigh

[/SIZE]