236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Star Wars??

• Yes
    • No
    • Somewhat
    • What is Star Wars?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Majora's Mask [/i]
[B]George Lucas has a strange mind... [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]No, not really. When he's 18 she'll only be 22...it's not that big of an age difference.

And about that "Are you an angel?" quote...I think it would have been much more appreciated had it been [b]acted[/b] better. If it had been cute and innocent rather than "hi my name is Jake Lloyd and I'm reading this line directly from the script" THEN maybe you would have felt it was sweet.

Then again, you're boys, and not into all that mushy stuff like me :p[/color]

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beh, whatever. Llyod needs some acting lessons, tho.

I think Jar Jar Binks was a mistake. I believe it was Lucas's attempt to add a comical character to the series...But he did it wrong. But then again, some people liked him(I can't imagine why)so he must have done something right...It was probably just his voice.

[color=red][b]Well, i head that Jar Jar has less of a role in Episode II. And based on the trailers, Episode II will have a lot more action. I really want to see Yoda wield a lightsaber. :D[/b][/color]

[color=red][b]I thought I read somwhere that he was a yellow one. Mace Windu was a purple one tho. Man, this SW topic just keeps going on and on.[/b][/color]

[B]
But hey...I have a question..If Luke haden't ordered Wedge out of the Death Star Trench Run, would he have died like Biggs? [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]I think Wedge semi ordered himself out. Wasn't it something like:

[quote]"Argh, they got my stabilizer."[/quote]

Did he add "I'm out." at the end? Or did it go directly into Luke's:

[quote]"Get outta there, Wedge."[/quote]?

I don't think he would have died...I think that Wedge is Wedge...and Wedge is immortal :p

Heh, seriously though, I think that Wedge is skilled enough that he could have even helped out Luke more, or even gotten a few shots off at Vader himself. Eh?[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B]

I don't think he would have died...I think that Wedge is Wedge...and Wedge is immortal :p

Heh, seriously though, I think that Wedge is skilled enough that he could have even helped out Luke more, or even gotten a few shots off at Vader himself. Eh?[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

yes, good ol' immortal Wedge. Never, ever dies. As for shooting Vader, he's good, but not that good. Then again, Vader did allow himself to get hit by a wayward eyeball....

Yeah...I think Wedge did sort of "volunteer" himself out...Without a stabalizer, you can't do lots.

"Get out of here Wedge. You can't do anymore good back there."

And Biggs is a good pilot, and he "sacrificed" himself, giving Luke an extra set of shields.....In a wierd scence.

[color=red][b]Wedge would have died if Luke had nto said get out.

Wedge: They got my stabalizer!

Luke: Get out of here Wedge! You can't do anymore good back there!

Wedge: (as he pulls up) Sorry.

He would have stayed to help Luke. But Luke said go. So he did.[/b][/color]

He would have stayed in but without his stabliser he couldnt shoot straight , and was in danger of coliding with luke or vader. he would have been usless in the trench....

And so was born the legend of wedge Atillies , the second greatest pilot ever(in my opinoin Baron Soontar Fel tops him easily...)

[B]Fel? Your kidding right? Topping Wedge? I laugh at thee. [/B][/QUOTE]

I laugh back at thee!:laugh: :laugh: !! Wedge has sheilds, Fel didnt get them untill 5 years AFTER he graduated from the academy , he now flies a modified tie interceptor. In MY OPINION Fell kicks wedges butt any day! If you want to still disagree that is fine but in my opinion Fel will always be better.

[color=red][b]I think Wedge is the 3rd best pilot in the galaxy. Luke is #1, Han is #2, and Wedge is #3.[/b][/color]

Actually in the Han Solo trilogy he flies a Z-95 head hunter to defend the base of "doc" the outlaw mechanic.....

But i see your point about han, after all , fel never flew a mon calamari crusier, he was the captain of a fighter transport, but never of a capital ship..........

[color=red][b]I think it's time that this Star Wars thread to say goodbye. It's had it moments. Lets move on. I think we have discussed all we can here. R.I.P Star Wars 411. :bawl: [/b][/color]

[color=deeppink]Why would you [i]request[/i] to get a good topic closed? Beh...now I'm just spamming...my mood is bad.

I'm not closing it unless it REALLY starts to drag on about things other than Star Wars...this topic has remained incredibly on topic.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BabyGirl [/i]
[B][color=deeppink]this topic has remained incredibly on topic.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]One of the first. :D[/b][/color]

Yeah it sure has remained on top of GD for a long time....

Well so that we "stay on topic" :laugh: :laugh: How about trivia?

1 What was tycho Celu accused of in the rouge squadron books?

2 How many emporers(not spelled correctly) hands are there?

3 What is the name of the new star wars movie(EASYNESS ALERT!!!)??

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Boba Fett [/i]
[B]
?

1 What was tycho Celu accused of in the rouge squadron books?

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Tycho Celchu was accused of the murder of the wonderful Corran Horn! Gotta love him and Mirax :D

The one about the Emperor's Hands...it's been a long time since I read anything but Rogue Squadron books, but didn't Mara think she was the only one, and then found out there was another besides her? I can't remember correctly :cross:

New movie? [b]Attack of the Clones[/b]...:) [/color]

Ah. Speaking of the new movie, I have some sweet-a§s information you may like. A movie critic named Harry (which I read a lot of his reviews with my dad) was just aloud to see special footage of the Star Wars Episode 2 movie.

Hehe. According to him, Yoda gets busy. And when I say busy, I mean, he actually gets up and uses a lightsaber, baby! He seems to get in a fight with one of the people in the Jedi Council room and they actually fight really hardcore.

Yoda's fighting style is like... well.. let's just say he can kick all your a§se§. Oh yeah. My sister is gonna wanna watch this one. She loves Yoda and to see him open a can on someone will be priceless. I can't wait myself ^^