Morpheus

Where do you live?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you live?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1]I live in the USA, more specifically, Baltimore/Catonsville, Maryland. It's okay here, I live in a pretty decent neighborhood, although I have a pissed as hell neighbor who screams at me for throwing rocks at my very own mailbox. >>

I wanted to move to Seattle (I know it rains, but I love the rain.) Also, I planned to rent some kind of apartment there too. If not, and if I'm broke, I'll live with my buddy in New York City, cause he's probably gonna be a rich little bastard.[/size]

Melbourne, Australia. World's most liveable city apparently, though with some unpredictable weather.

And, coincedentally, I live not but five minutes drive from James (heh, how many times have I said that at threads like these over the past couple of years?). And no, before you ask, I've never actually met him, because I keep imagining him as Willy Wonka, inviting me into his Chocolate Factory... I'm excited by the offer, but I can't help but feel there are going to be many strange, small, singing men inside, along with many other oddities.

I live in Melbourne Australia where I live on the same street where a guy works on his demo derby cars and my bloody neighbours play bloody doof-doof music all night long.

I don't care about the Aussie christmas weather but I do care about the rest of the bloody weather. I have a new Melburnian postcard for all of you. It goes ' Melbourne, The city of the four in one seasons of weather. I am of course referring to the **** as weather down here.

I live in Northern Calfornia, in the San Francisco bay area. This general area is usually refered to as the East Bay. I originally grew up in da hood in Oakland, but moved in with my grandparents in Union City when I was 12. Actually, we're not that small of a town. Our square mileage is extremely limited, but we're densely packed. I think we're up to 70,000 people, but the town's still small enough to walk out of in less than an hour.

We have probably the most negligible weather patterns here. The mid-day temperature never gets higher than 85 in the summer, and no lower than 60 in the winter. I could wear shorts tomorrow, and just be [i]kinda[/i] cold. It's creepy, because the next town over gets much hotter in the summer.

We're a pretty diverse town, ethnically. How diverse? We have an Island Pacific supermarket, and the parking lot is always packed.

I think we were also one of the first towns in the area to get a Krispy Kreme donut place. There was a time the line was actually (I'm not kidding) so long there were people standing outside, and trying not to stand in the drive-thru.

[font=Arial][color=darkred]I live in Austarlia in a town called Katoomba. It's about two hours out of Sydney, the capital of NSW. If anyone has heard of the Three sisters that is the town I live in. Not alot happens in Katoomba but for some reason there seems to be a plethora of pubs and clubs (at last count it was eight).[/color][/font]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Heh I beat Red here to be the first Irish person to post. As that statement would suggest I'm from the Republic of Ireland, well it would suggest the Ireland part but maybe not the exact area. Anyway I'm from the county of Tipperary, although beyond that I'm not giving anything away, well I'll say that I also live in the south of the county. James actually informed me that we have quite a few Irish members here on OB, although the more interesting fact is that many people can count at least one Irish relative. Pretty soon we'll need to add another category to the OB Awards: [B]Sexiest Irishman[/b].[/SIZE]

I am living in a very small town in eastern Washington state. It's called Moses Lake and it is pretty much in the middle of the state if you look at a map of Washington. Our town's nickname is the "Desert Oasis" and we only have 16,000 residents. Unlike what most people think of when they think of Washington state, it is not all green trees and rainy like Seattle. Sage brush, sand dunes and 108 degree summers are what we get. Only trees are the ones that you plant yourself!

I did live in Olympia, Washington (state capital) when I first got married. The winters were really depressing since the weather was the same every single day. Grey and rainy in the winter. Nothing other than that. I enjoy the changes of season I get over here in the Columbia Basin. Sun in the summer, beautiful autumn leaves in the fall, snow in the winter and brisk springs...it's all good.

I live in Weston somewhere in Florida, 4 hours away from St. Petersberg where I used to live. I'm having much more fun here than there. Over there I only had about 2 or 3 friends but now I have quite a lot. I mainly go out more here, too. So........ I guess this place it okay. :D

[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]What part of Georgia do you live in? The way way down south part of Georgia? I am originally from Macon, but I live in Athens right now attending UGA. [/color'][/size][/quote]

[quote name='Zeta']I live in Georgia. One of the most boring places I have ever lived.[/quote]

[quote name='The Nameless']I also live in Georgia in a town called Powder Springs.[/quote]

[color=green][font=trebuchet ms] :wigout: Wow, I never knew that so many people from the OB lived in the same state as I did! I live in the heart of Georgia, the one and only A-T-L-A-N-T-A!! I would'nt call it boring but, theres nothin to do once you've done everything.[/color][/font] :o

I went to Georgia once. Beauitiful, however it's was to wet and too green.

I live on the line between the Mojave and Sonora deserts in So. Calif. While Panda lives in the Great Basin desert, technically a cold desert (what do you expect where the temps only go to 108) it is a lovely place to vacation, especiially along the Columbia River or further east on the Snake river.

The Mojave andSsonora are hot deserts. The summer temps here go over 120 with evening temps in the 90s. The winter temps go below freezing and for the first time since we move into this house we had 2.5 ft of snow in November. Something I've never seen here. To date we have had almost three inches of rainfall (includes the snow) this year. The weatherman says this is the worst winter since 1889.

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]Good Ol' South-West Western Australia.

And thats as much as I'm giving away ~_^[/size][/QUOTE][color=#4b4b79]*quietly notes this, and waits for his next locationary slip-up*

Wow, all you guys saying your towns are boring. Make your own fun, people. Heh. If you're really bored, go to your local chamber of commerce and ask for some information on the city. Get a friend with a car and drive around, playing dumb tourists. EVERY city/town/hamlet has some lame historical or geographical oddity. ("And our historical town square, where angry pickle factory workers held a strike for three months in the summer of 1907...")

Or you can do what I do and go for a picnic. Or a walk. Or go people-watching at Wal-mart or something. Sure, it's creepy, but still. Don't tell me there's nothing to do, heh...all you need is a sense of humor, and you can have a blast doing [i]math[/i] homework, for crying out loud. (Granted, said blast would be short-lived and extremely explosive, but still!)

I live in Ray-town Wisconsin (Midwestern USA), although I go to school in Minneapolis. It's cold and a bit snowy at the moment, and I'm looking forward to hanging out with my friends once we're all done "Christmassing" with our families. Rockin!

like birds of a feather would be,
Sara[/color]

I didn't say MY town was boring, Sara. Here is a very, very interesting thing that happened recently:
On July 22, Cameron Crowe(Yes, the director) came to my town to film our former courthouse and town square for the opening sequence of the upcoming movie, Elizabethtown(also the name of my town). That's pretty big for around here. It shut down downtown traffic for an entire day(not fun) Also, one of my friends shot hoops with Cameron and ate lunch with Kirsten Dunst while he was on set as an extra in Louisville. You must all buy tickets now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I live near Vancouver, British Columbia in Canada. It's along the west-coast area. It gets fairly cold here in winter.

It's currently 6°C, which is 42°F. We haven't gotten snow yet, but we usually do in January when it gets into some colder temperatures. Some years we get snow, some we don't, or only get a bit. I don't like snow, so I'm glad it doesn't snow too much here.

[color=darkviolet]I think we've had this question before. Aw well,

I live in Western New York State in a small town 2 miles from Rochester. Home of the grabage plate, Kodak, Bousche and Lomb and Xerox...oh and Bill Grays and Abbots.

We have a 17 screen stadum seating movie theater and 3 open malls (we had four or five but the other two aren't doing so well.) The three malls in the Rochester area are nice and so is our Zoo, but I like to drive out to Syracuse or Buffalo for fun...when I have the extra gas money.

I lived in this town all my life barring the whole Texas incident. Texas (atleast where I lived) is friggin' boring. I lived outside of Ft. hood in the city (yeah that's what they called it) of Killeen population 11,300. The most exciting thing that happened there (aside from G.W. Bush coming to Ft. Hood twice) was when someone got shot in their own apartment a few units down from ours and I had to walk by it.
Killeen is also the same place where this woman was kidnaped from her apartment a few months before I moved there and was raped then shot at and left for dead. Yeah, I sure miss living there. But hey, if I want to relive that memory I can always move to my mother-in-law's neighborhood.[/color]

[color=darkslateblue][size=1]I live in New York, North America (USA). It's exciting sometimes, then other times I wish I could just leave. If I had everything to leave, I would disappear from the USA and probably go to Japan, or Australia. More than likely though, I'd end up in Japan to go to school.[/color][/size]

[quote name='Neuvoxetere][size=1][color=#696969]One word: Oregon. Well, actually, seven words: The most boring place on earth, Oregon.[/size'][/color][/quote][color=#4b4b79]Shift your paradigm, dude!

No one wants to hear about how boring your city is. People who don't live there care even less than people who do, heh. Unless there's some grand prize for Most Boring Town Represented on OtakuBoards, in which case I'd love to know what the criteria are. ^_~

buck up buttercup,
Sara[/color]

Whee! First one to post from Asia! Here comes some Asian goodness for you all, lol.

Anyway, as much as I'd like to say how boring this place is, I won't, because it's not. It's actually chaotic, but still livable. Maybe not your dream country but hey, I love the food here.

Oh, and it's the Philippines. I'm in the middle of a city in one of the bigger islands in the Philippines.

[font=comic sans ms][color=blue]I live in Oakland, CA, USA. There is plenty to do, especially in the San Francisco area, if you know where you are going or if you have a car. Or, in some cases, a fake ID. Since all I have are a bunch of friends who are all older than I am, most of the time I spend at the board game/RPG store in Berkeley, where I know all the employees, and then go hang out at friends' houses to play games or drink or whatever. It's a nice environment, but it has it's quirks like everywhere else. But we do have the #1 mass transit system in the States: BART! (Bay Area Rapid Transit)

Oakland is also the historical birthplace of the Black Panther Movement and held one of the highest homicide rates in the country last year.[/color][/font]

Though I selected USA, that's really a misnomer, because I've seceded from the Union. I've actually been living in an independent nationstate for a few years now. We (yes, "we") seceded back in 2001, I believe, and have been a rogue nation ever since.

I hail from the nation of [url=http://www.geocities.com/crumblord/Cinnaminsonia.html][u]Cinnaminsonia[/u][/url]. To describe Cinnaminsonia, I'm going to refer you to our [url=http://www.geocities.com/crumblord/history.html][u]History[/u][/url] page.