Morpheus

Where do you live?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you live?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I come from the land of 50,000 Italian resturants, a plethora of nightclubs, and the mafia. No, not Italy but New Jeresy USA. I was born in the city of Clifton (some of you may have heard of it), but when I was 12 we moved to Central Jersey (Keyport) which basically consists of a smelly beach by the dirty Raritan Bay and too many seafood joints. (i dislike seafood) I do have to say though, we have some nice beaches on the Jersey Shore if you go farther south.

I like cold weather and snow, though. Sadly, we dont see much of that here. But as much as I complain about this area, I dont think I could ever move. Its home and just feels comfortable.

[size=1][font=veranda][color=pink]Queen Asuka
Zeta
The Nameless
M. Ali
MehrLicht
Thewanderer

Whoa. I didn?t know that many were there. O.O I happen to live in Georgia, too. Monroe, in Walton County. ^.^ Not Monroe county, which gets confusing to have in the same state. Man, I hate this? just a little over uncomfortably hot in the summer, and almost to cold in the winter. The fall is perfect, but spring sucks, cause it rains to much. Dude, we still have leaves on the trees in my backyard? [/size][/font][/color]

[QUOTE=Boo][color=gray][size=1]I live in The Netherlands. Center of it currently... And the netherlands are not full of cows and not everyone walks on wooden shoes and smokes weed. Although its full with windmills but only really full with the electricity wind mills.
Never mistaken Amsterdam with the whole Netherlands lads >.>;[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

I live there too... I used to live in the room Boo now lives in.. He stole it from me, really!

Greetings everyone from the frozen desert of Idaho Falls, Idaho, USA! Yes, IF is borring at times, but I don't hate it here. I love the mountains (snowboarding baby!), the awsome whitewater kayaking, the backpacking in real mountains, and being so close to Yellowstone.

For those of you who don't know much about Idaho (which is probably almost everyone), Idaho is home to conservatives, Mormons, potaoes, and more potatoes. (A small town near Idaho Falls has a fair every year called Spud Day, where they give out free baked potatoes. :laugh: ) Anyways, Idaho is probably the most consistantly conservative state in the USA. Our senators didn't even have Democratic opponents to worry about!!! Kind of freaky!

Anyways, probably one of the most shocking thing for anyone visiting parts of Idaho (and Utah) is how religious/Mormon it is. I don't mean any offense to anyone who is Mormon, my best friend is Mormon, but I'm going to rant for a while. Idaho Falls is about 50% Mormon, so they have a lot of influnece on the city. It's crazy here! Nothing is open on Sunday, because Mormons don't believe in doing anything accept worshiping on Sundays. We also don't celebrate holidays on the correct days. Independence Day (the fourth of July) became "The Freedom Celebration" last year because it fell on a Sunday. We even cellebrate Halloween on the wrong day if it's on a Sunday.

School is also vary different for non-Mormons. Even in elementary school Mormons and non-Mormons separte themselves. When my friend was in 1st grade a Mormon girl asked her what Ward she was in. Dana had no clue as to what she was talking about, and after that the Mormon girl never talked to her again. The also do seminary "dress up days" where good Mormons dress up on Wendsday to point out who is Mormon and who isn't. Yeah, being a Diest in this state sucks, but I still love Idaho.

[QUOTE=Chaos]Finally, some Cresent City love here.

Ruston? My brother was up there. Don't know where he's at now. Moves around so much for National Guard training.

Oh, come on. There's more to Naw'leans than Mardi Gras. Going to the Quarter can be a trip of a lifetime if you go to the right places.

I'm stuck in Metairie right now, almost on the Jefferson Parish line. And I can't get anywhere. I go to Riverdale [and it sucks. We can't even pull off a winning football season], and everyone I know is...well, not here. -_-;

But, come on, let's have some love for the number one murder capital of the U.S.

[spoiler]Blanco sucks.[/spoiler]

P.S. After 43 years they finally completed West Napoleon down by Severn. Hu-friggin-zah, it took them long enough.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=GREEN]Yeah, someone else from the metro area. I was begining to think I was the only one here from Louisiana. So you live in Metry, yeah I have some friends from there, but most of them went to Mont Carmel. I graduated from De La Salle, but I did go to Franklin for two years, so I know all about loosing football teams.

And I do know Mardi Gras isn't the only thing about N.O.; X-mas there is like no other; that's just the next thing I'm coming down there for.

Oh, and in case any of you were curious as to what college I'm at, it's Louisiana Tech University;[/COLOR] [COLOR=BLUE]Go Bulldogs![/COLOR]
[COLOR=GREEN](yeah, I know I'm a geek)[/COLOR]