OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Morpheus

I am so going to get Animal Crossing: Wild World. The Gamecube version was great and I loved it. The added wi-fi feature will make it even better letting you visit people from miles away. I'm sure it's going to be greater than the gc version and I can't wait to play it in my DS!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Shinmaru']Ha, basically. Though something tells me that I shouldn't want anything to do at all with Desbreko's fruit. :twitch:[/quote][color=#4B0082]"Shouldn't." ... So does that mean you do, but feel like it's wrong? Is my fruit a guilty pleasure? ;)

But yeah, some of the hats they've shown are funky. Personally, I'm hoping for a Link hat. A full Samus helmet would also be pretty cool, heh. There's tons of stuff they could do with hats besides the "normal" stuff.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[color=darkred]What's the deal with the holidays in AC Wild World? Does anyone know?

I heard that they're getting rid of events like Christmas and Halloween and replacing them with made up special events and occasions, just so people from other ethnic groups who play the game don't get offended that their holy days or whatever weren't included. If that's true, then man, what a drag. I mean, it doesn't really make a difference what the holidays are called, whether they're changed or not, but I quite liked the fact that there were special holidays to look forward to in the game. They allowed for certain days to be different from others, especially seeing as how repetitive the game can get at times, but yet still addictive. :D

Any who, establishing a new forum for wi-fi gaming sounds pretty cool, although something tells me that it may be inactive some of the time.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Only thing I've heard is that they did away with real world holidays to make localization easier, and that they'll have other holidays specific to the AC world instead. I'm not really too worried about it, though, as I'm guessing a lot of the fictional holidays will still draw inspiration from real ones.

I think a DS Wi-Fi sub-forum in The Nexus would be great. A swap meet type thread for AC would be handy for requesting things in item trading and whatnot, and maybe we could hold Mario Kart turnaments in another. As more Wi-Fi enabled games are released, I could see the sub-forum getting a decent amount of activity.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed]I've had AC for almost 2 and a half years and theres things I still don't have. I'm missing like 5 fish and 6 bugs.
I can't wait for the DS version. One of the things I hated about the GC version was going to friends towns with the mermory cards cause I hated riding that train. Hopefully that won't be in the DS version.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Bombu][color=darkred']I heard that they're getting rid of events like Christmas and Halloween and replacing them with made up special events and occasions, just so people from other ethnic groups who play the game don't get offended that their holy days or whatever weren't included.[/color][/quote]

There wasn't a Christmas holiday in the game, at least in the Australian version. We had Toy Day instead.

At any rate, I really think that it's important to respect other people's beliefs. I enjoyed the made up holidays, as they helped me suspend reality. I mean come on, your village is, sans yourself, entirely populated by animals. Nuff said.

And on the subject of suspending reality, it really annoyed me how you got letters from your family in the game. I wanted to feel as if my character was basically me in the gameworld, yet I kept recieving letters from my 'mother'. To bad if I didn't actually have a mother - I kept thinking of the motherless kids who would recive those letters. Maybe I'm overreacting, but I think that if I didn't have a mother this'd upset me.

Whatever the case it's going to be awesome and I can't wait to buy it.

• 5 weeks later...
[color=darkred]I'm seriously PISSED OFF right now. I just read on another site that the Euro release date for ACWW is gonna be March 31 2006. I don't believe that, but I'm guessing that the real release date will be something similar. Whatever Nintendo are smoking I want some.

Man, when I thought Q1 2006 I though of Jan 20th or Feb 6th or something. Not spiggin' March.

Nintendo. I'm gonna wipe my *** with the instruction manual of Mario Kart DS.[/color]

[color=#400B82][url=http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/GB/games/gamepage.do?ElementId=Ej6on8HCjXh40Pz_SOlZeE-GssOSV2b2][u]Nintendo-Europe.com[/u][/url] also has the game's release date listed as March 31, 2006, so I guess that's correct. Sucks that there'll be nearly a four month gap between the releases. I was also looking forward to getting your fruit in my town so we could cha-ching together.[/color]

The DS is region-free. Basically all hand-helds are... with the PSP being the only one I know of where region coding was considered and eventually decided against.

Whether or not the wi-fi networks in Europe will be enabled to run the title is another story, but considering Nintendo's goal of making this world-wide, I imagine it would work.

Why anyone would really care when and what the holidays are, I have no idea. It makes more sense this way because it avoids culture, location and denominational differences.

Toy Day was pretty much Christmas with a different name, right? If that's the case with most of the holidays from the Gamecube version, I don't see why it's that big of a deal.

Also, has there been any word of being able to send letters to people over DS Wifi without actually being in the town? Like some sort of private messaging system?

[color=#4B0082]Okay, looks like everything I just said was, in fact, outdated. So here's an entirely new post in its place! :animesmil

According to a new bit of news on [url=http://www.n-sider.com/newsview.php?type=story&storyid=1522][u]N-Sider[/u][/url], you [i]will[/i] be able to send mail to friends who are currently offline and even attach gifts to them. I can't wait to start sending all sorts of random crap to people and seeing what I get in return. This is going to be awesome.[/color]

PAL and NTSC are television terms. The DS doesn't use a television, it uses its own format. There's no difference between titles from US, Japan or Europe in that sense... they all output the same image type. The DS itself doesn't have any additional region coding, unlike DVDs or whatever.

So yeah, it will work. I could buy a DS game in Africa and it would work in the US. It doesn't matter. Again, I have no idea about the actual internet connection and if Nintendo will have a European connection for that specific title at the time... but the game itself will work.

[quote name='Bombu][color=darkred']Cool. I might do that then. As for the wi-fi, I guess I'll worry about that when the time comes. Probably get the proper UK version to go online, but hey it might still work. You never know.[/color][/quote]

It's really entirely possible an imported version will work on the internet there... But my main thought is that it probably won't be able to go online until the official UK release date. I guess you'll find out if you import though, lol.

• 4 weeks later...
[color=darkred]Sweet.

Just found out now about the official ACWW website. The loading is taking forever so I haven't been on it yet.

Anyway here's the link for anyone interested:[/color]

[url]http://www.animal-crossing.com/wildworld/[/url]

[color=darkred]------------

Man, it's impossible to get onto animalcrossingcommunity.com right now. Damn lag.

Tomorrow is the day then. You Americans are getting the game first thing, I trust? As for me, I'm expecting it later in the week. Hope the post doesn't slow down with with it being Christmas and everything. That would be gay.[/color]

Nintendo lists their shipping date as the sale date. It's a rarity to be able to get it on a Monday unless you live near the shipping area, if even then. So Tuesday should be the day for 99.9% of us.

And yeah, I plan on trading some crap in to pick it up that day lol.

Guest blakwolf
Animal crossing. Is it really that good of a game? I've never played an animal crossing and now I'm wondering if I should pick this one up. What makes it so good?