OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Morpheus

[color=#4B0082]I'm planning on picking it up whenever the GameStop here gets it in stock. Probably either tomorrow or Tuesday, like Tony said. The "Check Store Availability" thing on their site is handy for seeing when they've gotten games in, so as soon as they get some copies in, I'm there.[/color]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=#4B0082]Whoo! I got the last copy GameStop had it stock from their second shipment. I really need to start reserving games again so I can just waltz in the day of release and pick up my copy.

So anyway, I've played for a couple hours so far. Spent probably 45 minutes restarting over and over in order to find a good eye style and hair color combination. Really light brown hair, light green eyes, with those little ovals on the cheeks? No thanks. I like the dark brown hair and black eyes that I ended up sticking with.

After that, I did the chores that Nook had for me, just like in the GCN game. They were pretty much exactly the same, too, but I guess there's only one way to show you how to send letters and whatnot. Though of course, I couldn't help but write a somewhat sarcastic letter. It went something like this....[/color]
[quote]Freckles,
I like your money! Come to Nook's and buy crap you'll never use!

- Desbreko[/quote][color=#4B0082]There's a little VG Cats humor in there, if you didn't catch it. :p

But after that I bought myself a fishing rod and net (still waiting for a shovel, axe, etc.), and went out to catch [strike]boots[/strike] fish. It seems that, again, until you can get a good number of foreign fruit trees growing, fishing is still the fastest way to make money after you've exhausted your local fruit. I saved and quit with about 10,000 Bells, even after donating half of what I caught to the museum.

Oh, and for the record, I've got [b]apples[/b] in my town. Anyone who wants to exchange fruit, post your friend code in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50458][u]Nintendo Wi-Fi Friend Codes[/u][/url] thread and we can meet up some time. My character/town/code info is already posted in that thread.[/color]

Picked it up yesterday at EB, one day before the official Australian release date hehe. And I'm impressed.

Animal Crossing works so much better on the DS. They keyboard, the menus, the pick-up-and-playness. It's just a more complete experience. And the new gameplay perspective is awesome :D

Initially I was worried with how similar everything was to the GameCube version. Like Des mentioned, Nook's tasks are pretty much all the same, among other things. However, it feels just as fresh and involving as the GameCube version, which is good. It's definitely my favourite game on DS thusfar.

One final thing - as we Aussies are in the Southern Hemisphere, it's summer for us right now, and it also seems to be summer in Wild World. In the GameCube game the seasons were the same as in the Northern Hemisphere. A nice touch, I think.

[font=franklin gothic medium]Oh, I'm really pleased to hear that they've included southern hemisphere seasons. That was one thing I disliked about the GameCube version.

I'm not sure if I will get it this month, but I should be online with it next month.[/font]

[color=#4B0082]Ah, fishing. One of my favorite hobbies in AC. :)

My first tip would be to use the A button rather than tapping with the stylus to pull the fish up. At least for me, tapping a button quickly is a lot easier than tapping the screen quickly, so the response time is less.

Second, if you listen closely, there's a sound effect for when a fish bites and the lure is pulled under. Train yourself to both watch for the lure to be pulled under, and listen for the sound effect. If you don't notice one in time, you may notice the other.

Other than that, it's pretty much just a matter of having quick reflexes.[/color]

Ok, false alarm. It's started snowing. Looks like they haven't localised the seasons for the Southern Hemisphere afterall.

However, it doesn't really dissapoint me that much. Animal Crossing Community is allways decked out in the theme of the current AC season, so it would have felt weird being out of sync with that. And the sight of clouds floating across a starlit sky coupled with snow drifting to the ground is very nice indeed. This game rocks.

However, my apologies for the incorrect information.

• 1 month later...
[color=#4B0082]Are you looking for some fatty loot? Need foreign fruit in your village? Good! Because I do too! Post up what you're looking for, peoples, and let's start trading. Friend codes can be found (and should be posted) in the [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?t=50458][u]Nintendo Wi-Fi Friend Codes[/u][/url] thread.

I'm currently looking for pieces of the [b]blue[/b] furniture theme, the [b]exotic[/b] furniture theme, and [b]pears[/b]. I'll list what I already have; everything else in the themes I'll trade for.

[b]Blue Theme[/b]
Blue Bookcase
Blue Bureau
Blue Cabinet
Blue Chair
Blue Flooring
Blue Wall
Blue Wardrobe

[b]Exotic Theme[/b]
Exotic Bureau
Exotic Chair
Exotic End Table
Exotic Rug
Exotic Screen
Exotic Wall
Exotic Wardrobe[/color]

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]Actually, Des. I have some Pears if you would like them...Call it payback for the help on Guild Wars. As for the Blue Furniture you're just a bit out of luck...In anycase, if anyone has a Ninja Hood and any kiddie furniture they could sell me that would be greatly appreciated.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkred]I'm still waiting for my game to arrive from Lik-Sang. I've made several enquiries and it seems that the shipment got lost in the post along with many other orders... and ACWW is the only game it happened to.

I can't believe it. This is the first time I've ever ordered off the net, and of all the hundreds of thousands of games this could've happened to, it happens to the one I order.

Worst part is that all I can do is sit here and e-mail Lik-Sang about, while they give me crap about filing investigations that take 4-6 weeks to undergo. Should've just waited for the Europe release.

Lik-Sang + Post = ******* cockroaches[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Eesh, that really sucks. Talk about bad first experiences.

But hey, at least you'll have an easy time getting fruit; after I get those pears, I'll have every kind in my village. Then you can come pluck my fruit any time. ;)

I'll also have a Super Toilet waiting for you. :p[/color]

"Super Toilet"? that sounds new... **intrigued**. I've got coconuts, Oranges, Apples, and Cherries... Also I have two money trees, but I can't remember if they bear "fruit" more than once... Do they? o.0?

Oh, also...Lik-Sang sucks, unless it's [i]super[/i] third-party stuff. "the Dragon, Inc. GCN Fan". I'd say Play-Asia.com they've got nifty stuff.

[color=#4B0082]The Super Toilet is actually a returning item. The GCN version had Toilets and Super Toilets. So far in ACWW, I've found a Super Toilet and a Men's Toilet (i.e. a urinal).

How do you grow money trees in this one? And do they still have gold leaves? I planted a bunch of those in my AC village just because I liked the look of them. I know in the original AC they'd only produce three money bags and that was it.[/color]

I just remembered. Cobb, the zombie-pig in my AC town had a super-toilet. It looks like a supercomputer with a bowl. Lol. I'm just angered that they got rid of the NES games.

On to the gold! This is a fun one. First you need a golden shovel. Cake if you've got two shovels. See, the trick here is to bury the second shovel. ...that's it. Since there are no golden spots or anything anymore, bury the shovel for 24 hours, anywhere..dig it up, and it'll say "woohoo! i found the golden shovel!" or something stupid.

With the golden shovel, you can bury money bags in any denomination, and it'll grow a tree. So far, what i've seen is that they look exactly like normal trees, and give three bags in the planted denomination after 7 days of being fully-grown. I made a full-on 180 grand this way. (three 60K bags).
The "plant in a hole you dug a weed out of" rule works. I planted two 500-bell bags next to each other (1 hole spread, to ensure growth), one over a weed-spot, and another in regular soil. the one on the weed grew, and the other withered after 4 days.

Has anyone else noticed that it's wicked-easy to make money in this game compared to AC?

[color=#4B0082]Cool. I just planted a shovel, so I should be getting my second golden tool tomorrow.

Speaking of which, I got a Golden Slingshot a couple days ago. Basically how you get it is just by shooting down presents. I don't know if it has anything to do with how many you've shot down, or how many in a row, or anything like that. I just saw a balloon with a tool box attached to it instead of the standard present icon. I shot it down and it was a Golden Slingshot.

I'm really liking it, as it makes shooting down presents way easier. Instead of only shooting a single pellet straight up, it shoots three pellets. One goes straight up and the other two spread off to either side. So long as you come anywhere close to hitting with the center shot, you'll hit with one of the other two.

And personally, I've found it harder to make money in Wild World than in the original. First, because you don't get as much from fishing (at least not in the winter here). Bitterlings are only worth 900 bells instead of 1,300, and they don't seem as common anymore. I've just turned to growing fruit for my income; I can make about 50,000 bells each day one of my areas of foreign fruit is available in a way shorter period of time than I can fishing.

Second, the game seems a lot pickier about where trees will grow. There are some spots where nothing else is nearby -- open ground with at least two clear spaces in all directions -- and they won't grow. Or I'll have a line of trees, two spaces in between each, and one tree in the line just will not grow despite the surroundings being pretty much identical to the rest of the line. It seems really arbitrary sometimes.[/color]

[color=darkred]I managed to get a refund from Lik-Sang the other day, because the fact that my game still hadn't arrived after all this time is ridiculous. I sent them a really provocative e-mail, but still kept it at a somewhat professional level, because I'm cool like that.

So anyway, yeah, I guess I'm waiting on the European release now. The Americanised Super-Toilet will be my prize possession.[/color]

Lik-Sang's not that good for stuff that's mainstream. I remember having nothing but trouble getting another Dancepad USB connector from them. I'd say try Play-Asia, if you're willing to try an online service again, and if they ship to EU.

I've found I have trouble with trees, too. That's why I've not been farming too much. Though, I really just replace weeds i find with fruit. Stuff's coming along nicely. I hope by the end of the month, i may have my entire beach lined with coconut trees. Good stuff.

Also, I've been having the toughest time shooting stuff outta the air. Any technique to it? I've read that after 15 items total being shot down will net you a chance at getting the Golden Slingshot. Nice aiming, i assume. Lol.

[color=#4B0082]This took me a bit to figure out, but in order to shoot a present down, you have to be at the far north end of town. As you run north, the balloon will get bigger in the sky, presumably as you move closer to it. After you get up there, then, you only have to aim a little ahead of where the present is. They don't move all that fast, so maybe one space in to the side of the one it's currently above. Other than that, it's just a matter getting the distance and timing worked out.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Yeah, if you don't see it in time, it can be impossible to get far enough north before it floats out of the village. Always annoying when that happens.

Oh, and there's finally an item list up on GameFAQs, so I'm now able to update my wishlist with what I [i]am[/i] looking for:

[b]Exotic Series[/b]
Exotic Bed
Exotic Bench
[strike]Exotic Chest[/strike]
Exotic Lamp
[strike]Exotic Table[/strike]

[b]Japanese Set[/b]
[strike]Black Katana[/strike]
[strike]Bow[/strike]
Hearth
Samurai Suit
[strike]Tea Table[/strike]
White Katana

[b]Bonsai Set[/b]
[strike]Mugho Bonsai[/strike]
Plum Bonsai
[strike]Ponderosa Bonsai[/strike]
Quince Bonsai

[b]House Plants Set[/b]
[strike]Dracaena[/strike]
Lady Palm
Pothos
Snake Plant

[b]Others[/b]
Master Sword
Triforce
Timpanoid
Mega Timpanoid
Tall Timpanoid
Metatoid

I decided I'm probably not going to end up with enough room to use two full furniture series, so I'm not in much of a hurry to complete my collection of the Blue Series anymore. But I would like to get as much as I can from the Exotic Theme and Japanese Set as soon as possible, so I can set them up in my main room.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]Whoo! I payed off another house loan and got the east room upgrade. Only one more upgrade to go before my house is fully expanded. . . . Though I've got 800,000 (out of 848,000 total) bells left to pay on that east room. That's going to take me a while to pay off.

It's absolutely wonderful to have this much space. There's so much cool stuff to collect in AC, and now you actually get enough room to use it all. Well, maybe not all of it, but a dang lot more than in the GCN game. I've already got plans for a few of the rooms (as you can see above, from the furniture I'm looking for, which I've updated), and I'm sure the last one will fill up easily enough. I may be constantly scrounging for money even though I'm bringing in thousands of bells per day, but the house upgrades are definitely worth it.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4b0082']Whoo! I payed off another house loan and got the east room upgrade. Only one more upgrade to go before my house is fully expanded. . . . Though I've got 800,000 (out of 848,000 total) bells left to pay on that east room. That's going to take me a while to pay off.[/color][/quote] Awesome! Congrats to you!. I've got a whopping 700-grand in the bank, and am currently sitting on about 500 turnips ready to sell at an exorbitantly low price. -_-* I need to find me some foreign markets.

Anyway, I just got my second-floor added yesterday. I feng Shui-ed the hell outta my house, too. I actually had Alfonso say "wow! you're so lucky! you're so lucky! You shoudl be able to catch a big fish!", or something, this morning. Good times.

[list]
[*][font=Book Antiqua]To Des:[/font]
[*][font=Book Antiqua]I just got my hands on a Bow, Black Katana (damn expensive...Redd), Exotic Bed and Table, Dracaena. Just say the word, and i'll order 'em for you.[/font]
[/list]

[color=#4B0082]Teddy gave me a Bow completely out of the blue yesterday (he seems to have taken a liking to me), so I don't need that anymore. But the rest of those I'll gladly accept, so order away. And I've started depositing my cash into my bank account instead of making loan payments right away, so I have some money on hand to pay you back for them, or else I can trade you something else if you're looking for anything in particular.

Next time we're both online, maybe we can set up an exchange.[/color]