OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Morpheus

Lemme know your schedule for tomorrow. I'll be home from classes between 10:15 AM...ish. and 5PM. I'll order 'em immediately.

Also, i just paid off my mortgage for now. 598 grand down the tubes in one fell swoop.

[url]http://www.thegamespage.com/staff/remix/DS%20Collection01.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.thegamespage.com/staff/remix/DS%20Collection02.jpg[/url]

word.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Parabola][COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]In anycase, if anyone has a Ninja Hood and any kiddie furniture they could sell me that would be greatly appreciated.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote][color=#4B0082]I just picked up a Ninja Hood from the Able Sisters' shop this morning, so you're in luck if you haven't gotten one already. I also have a few pieces of Kiddie furniture, either stowed or in my catalog. The stereo, wardrobe, and a couple others I think.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[color=darkred]My copy of ACWW finally came from Lik-Sang yesterday, and it's about bloody time. I've not got much to say about it so far since I've not really played a lot, but I [i]am[/i] loving it nevertheless.

Also, some good news... my BB connection will hopefully be getting activated this Monday, meaning I'll be able to go online with the game (MKDS too). All I really need now is a router and I'm good to go. w00tzor1[/color]

• 4 months later...
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Hey hey! Bringing back an old thread. Naughty little White. ;)

Guess what? I got a Nintendo DS Lite! That's right. I finally convinced my brother to get one (after showing him countless videos/screenshots of the DS Lite, Children of Mana, Tao's Adventure, and Phantom Hourglass).

So, the two games we (he) got were Tao's Adventure (some RPG game) and Animal Crossing Wild World. Not two games that were on the top of my list, but hey, he was paying so why not?

AC:WW rocks. So hard. Oh heck, you know what? It [url=http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/1828/rawkhawkcopy3fy.jpg]rawks[/url] (yeah, I went there).

I've added a bunch of your friend codes to my thing in-game, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get my own. I've set up my Wi-Fi connection at home, but I still have a ???????????? friend code. :animedepr

I've got apples in my town, along with a roomie (my brother). The game is amazing (along with the DS Lite). I'll post here again once I've played for a lot longer (considering I'm only 30 minutes in).[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]To get a friend code, go to your town gate and talk to Copper. You should be able to ask about friend codes and he'll give you one.

I haven't played ACWW in quite a while, actually. It was fun, but it didn't hold me for as long as the original. . . . My village must be completely overrun by weeds by now, heh. But I guess if you're going to be on wifi, I'll have an excuse to pick it up again.[/color]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Aaah, yeah that would make sense.

Well, my brother and I are still paying off the mortgage to our house, but things are coming along nicely regardless. Just finished my work for today and got a nice checkered carpet (and a giant spinning moon O__o).

I can see myself sticking with this game for quite a while. However I'm having a little trouble with my Nintendo WiFi. This is what I get when I test for connection.

[code]Unable to find compatible access point. Confirm SSID settings or move within range of a compatible access point. For help, call 1-800-895-1672 in the USA and Canada, or visit www.nintendowifi.com.[/code]

I've tried looking on the site. But nothing. :([/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]I'm assuming you're using a wireless router to connect at home, then? If so, have you tried the stuff listed on [url=http://www.nintendowifi.com/consumerservice/showCategory.do?catId=Connecting_Home][u]this page[/u][/url]?

I had trouble connecting at first as well, but changing the transmission rate setting on our router fixed the problem.[/color]

[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Eh, yeah. All I had to do was fix the router (it needed a reset and a good ol' slap on the back).

And does anyone know if you can decorate your attic (where you sleep)? I can't seem to put down carpet or furniture there. :animedepr

Anyway, a friend of mine leant me Mario Kart DS, so I have a temporary friend code for anyone who wants to play that. I'll just post in the Friend Code thread.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[color=darkred]I haven't been able to decorate my attic since I started my town. Not much goes on in there anyway, so I'm guessing you probably can't decorate it.

Anyway, my sister bought a DS Lite a few days ago, so I decided to continue my file in Animal Crossing Wild World after three months of nothingness. Not much has changed in my town, except that now there are weeds everywhere, I have one new resident, and cockroaches have completely infested the front room of my house -- I'll have to look into a way of getting rid of them, but squishing them is still cool. :cool:

As dull as things may be, though, I'm having a lot of fun bringing my town back to life. One thing I've noticed is how there are a lot more bugs to catch in the Summer time than there were during Spring; all I found were a few kinds of butterflies, a cockroach, and a spider, and most of the time I was fishing, which as a result I'm just over half way of completing my fish collection at the Museum.

I've only recently got broadband, so as soon as I come into a spot of cash I'll try and get my Wi-fi connection going, if anyone is interested.[/color]

[QUOTE=Bombu][color=darkred]One thing I've noticed is how there are a lot more bugs to catch in the Summer time than there were during Spring; all I found were a few kinds of butterflies, a cockroach, and a spider, and most of the time I was fishing, which as a result I'm just over half way of completing my fish collection at the Museum.

I've only recently got broadband, so as soon as I come into a spot of cash I'll try and get my Wi-fi connection going, if anyone is interested.[/color][/QUOTE]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, I'd definitely be interested. You can come visit my noobish town, with the wooden store and a one room house. Oh.. and speaking of fishing...

Today I was on AC:WW with [color=purple]Desbreko[/color]. I went to his town for a while, and then he came to my town. While in [color=green]Aurora[/color], [color=purple]Desbreko[/color] taught me how to fish. After a few tries, I finally got the hang of it.

Alright so we're fishing on the beach and whatnot when Des decides to go out and catch some bugs. I stay in the ocean and look around for some nice fish. Finally, I spot this [i]huge[/i] sillouhette in the water. It was so big that the dorsal fin stuck out of the water. That's right, fellers. This was a [spoiler]shark[/spoiler].

So yeah, now I've got this beast swimming around in my museum. :D

[b]P.S.[/b] My mortgage is all gone! [/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Yeah, I'd definitely be interested. You can come visit my noobish town, with the wooden store and a one room house. Oh.. and speaking of fishing...[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=darkred]I guess you and I are on the same wavelength because I've just restarted my town. I feel a bit uncomfortable with resuming my current town, the main reason being because I haven't visited for a good couple of months and everything seems a bit half-assed. There's also the fact that my sister decided to play in my town without a clue as what to do, and did some damage -- she obviously found the connection between "axe" and "tree".

I don't mind restarting, though. It should be fun to redo a lot of the stuff since I never found many of the tasks in Animal Crossing to be boring.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]It was fun to play ACWW again and catch some more fish and stuff. But it also made me kind of sad that all my flower beds that I'd planted around town died. But I guess five months without being watered will do that. . . . Oh well, all my fruit trees are still there, so my cash flow is intact.

I kind of like the look of my town with weeds growing all over between the trees, though. Makes it look more foresty, heh.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']I kind of like the look of my town with weeds growing all over between the trees, though. Makes it look more foresty, heh.[/color][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Unfortunately for you you're raising a town and not a jungle. Speaking of towns, Alfonse (from Kakariko) has decided to stay in Aurora (my town). He was flirting with Goldie aswell. It was... interesting.

Though it seems like everyone is flirting with Goldie these days. She's like the town slut.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='White][color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]Though it seems like everyone is flirting with Goldie these days. She's like the town slut.[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]

[color=navy][font=comic sans ms]Goldie's in my Gamecube town...I thought what we had was special...:animedepr

Anyway, I've played this on my friend's DS Lite just yesterday, and now want to get one even more...I can just never save up enough money for some reason...

:animesigh

I want to visit Kakariko and Aurora. :([/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[size=1][color=teal]This could be considered partial thread necromancy I suppose, but anyway.

I got a DS USD WiFi thingy-whatsit for my BDay so I can now go on WiFi and thus far the only thing I've done is have White over ^^;. Is anyone readily available for some visits or allowing me to come and see you, here's the latest brochure for my town of Avalon ^_~.

[i]A lovely coastal town with a large river running through the middle, the towns folk are all very friendly and welcoming (Though Elvis is a bit much at first). We currently have our very own 'Nook Away' store and our local human William is currently on his third mortgage payment. Our Museum is also fairly stocked considering its relative newness. Please consider us for your next holiday.[/i][/color][/size]

[color=darkred]Has anyone managed to create a perfect town yet? I only recently started to attempt to do it because I was so fixed on paying off my mortgages, but catching fishes and bugs for the most part of the day can get pretty lame.

One of the first things I did when I was able to buy an axe was cut down all of the trees that crowded my town, so thankfully that's out of the way. At the moment I'm concentrating on filling my town up with flowers, which isn't as bad as chopping down trees, but it'd help a tad bit more if I had Nookington's in my town. It's tough to achieve perfect town status on just four bags of flowers a day.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Well I'm currently on my first mortgage and in debt to Nook for about 6,400 bells, which after two hours of gameplay seems to be a fairly decent little chunk to have taken out from 18,800. That said, I've pretty much picked every piece of fruit [Cherries in my case], every flower and collected every shell I can find. Hopefully my new shovel and fishing rod will add a bit more cash to my inventory.[/SIZE]

[color=#4B0082]I tried for weeks to get my town to be perfect, but never managed it. The message I got at the civic center was that the town needed more green, I think it was--the one that means you need more flowers.

So I set off to fill my town with flowers. And fill it I did, with a half dozen large flower beds and lots of flowers around every house and anywhere else I could fit them. I put flowers everywhere that I wasn't going to be running through with any regularity. I went through my entire town each and every day, watering any of them that had turned brown. And still, my town needed more green.

After a while I came to the conclusion that it couldn't just be that my town needed more flowers. I had flowers up the wazoo. That it must've been something more that I was missing. But I couldn't think of anything else, and I couldn't find anything online, so after a bit I just stopped bothering. And now, a few months later, my town is nearly flowerless since I wasn't playing and watering them.

My great orchards of fruit trees live on, however. Those are what really matter. They bring in the money.[/color]

[color=darkred]It's weird because when you're told that you need more green, it could also mean that you need more trees, and arranging the trees so as to get a perfect town has got to be one of the trickiest things you can do in the game. For example, you could chop down a tree in one area, and then be told that there isn't enough green, and then plant another tree in another area to make up for that one, and then be told that there's too much green. So it takes a bit of planning, and can get quite tedious at times -- I got fed up just chopping them down to make space.

It's definitely easier to arrange your trees in the original Animal Crossing because the map is divided into acres.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]I dunno, I'm pretty sure I was getting a different message before, when I didn't have as many trees. And after I got all my fruit trees planted I had tons of them around everywhere. The only open area is a little patch around in the front of my house, where not much will grow. I even have palm trees lining the beach.[/color]

[color=darkred]Hmm, in that case I'm not sure what else needs to be done. As far as I know, green only refers to flowers and trees. I've heard that Phyllis at the civic center will sometimes give a more specific message of what else is missing than Pelly would, so if you talked to her than maybe you could figure it out.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Well seeing as Nook is remodelling his shop, I've not got a lot to do in Hibernia today. Just out of interest, has anyone else here changed the Town Tune ? And if so, to what ?

Currently I'm using Star Wars' Imperial March theme, which Bill kindly sent me via AIM.[/SIZE]

[color=darkred]I haven't bothered with the town tune in this one, but in the original Animal Crossing I was using the theme from Super Metroid when you collect an item. Man, I don't think I can ever get tired of that sound.

Even I Nook's if closed, the game is still worth playing. When he was shut on both occasions in my town I just went out and did a hell of a lot of fishing and bug catching. I stored everything that I'd caught that was rare or expensive (mostly Red Snappers for me) in my house, and then sell it off to Nook the next day. When I sold everything off the next day, it all added up to about 70,000 Bells. The only problem is that there's only so much you can store in your house, since having too much stuff may bring the floor down, or something. I don't think they're serious about that though, heh.

It gets boring just fishing and catching bugs all day, but it pays off. I only pulled it off because I was so addicted to the game at the time.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]You know, that's one thing that really annoys me about ACWW; the fact that you can only have so much stuff in a room. In AC, you could fill up every single space in your house if you wanted to, but now you're limited in ACWW. There've been times where I've wanted to put down more furniture but couldn't, even though there was still plenty of space to walk around in the room.

And yes, I have customized my town tune. I'm using the opening snippet from the Ballad of the Wind Fish, from Zelda: Link's Awakening. The timing on it is a bit faster than it should be, since I don't get enough spaces to draw out the notes, but I think it's still pretty good.

Ballad of the Wind Fish (by Desbreko)
gcG-gcG-
Gebc-e-z

Everywhere there's a dash, there should be two dashes. And on the first line there should be a pause after the dashes. As such, the tune sounds best on the hourly bell, which is more drawn out.

Oh, and Bill, Bree wants to know if you've always been such a "bug freak." Her words, not mine. :p[/color]