OtakuBoards

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Morpheus

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see, thankyou very much. Silpheed Pilot and I were thinking of meeting up via Animal Crossing so any are welcome to join.

One last question, I asked SP but I just wanted to confirm as to what the maximum number of residents is? I only ask because it can seem a little sparse in the sense that I'm often wandering without any residents in sight.

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I'd really need more specifics before I'd be able to help. . . . Have you ever been able to connect to the internet with your copy of ACWW before? Does it give you an error code or anything when it fails to connect? If so, what is it? Do you know if it can connect from other places besides your home network? And finally, what are you trying to do in the game when you attempt to connect to the internet?[/color][/QUOTE]

1: I used to be able to connect elsewhere, but I haven't tried anywhere else since I got the modem.

2: Error code:51300 or "Unable to connect to an access point."

3: I'm not sure, but I know of a number of places where I can find out.

4: I'm either testing my connection or trying to leave town. I'm pretty sure the result will be the same if I try to open my gate. (oddly enough, I usually have to reconfigure my settings when I've attempted to connect in WW. Is it possible that the game reconfigures them incorrectly when I try?)

[quote name='Zidargh']I see, thankyou very much. Silpheed Pilot and I were thinking of meeting up via Animal Crossing so any are welcome to join.

One last question, I asked SP but I just wanted to confirm as to what the maximum number of residents is? I only ask because it can seem a little sparse in the sense that I'm often wandering without any residents in sight.[/QUOTE]

[color=darkred]I'd love to mate, I've wanted to go online with this game for ages but I don't have access to Wi-Fi at home... maybe when I get to uni though. Could be some nice hotspots there.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]I looked up that error code on Nintendo's support site and it sent me [url=http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?error_code=51300&system=DS&locale=en_US&action2.x=25&action2.y=13][u]here[/u][/url]. And, if you've been able to connect with ACWW before, it does sound like it could be a configuration issue with your wireless router. I'd double check your WEP security and MAC filtering settings against the connection profile you're using on the DS just in case, if your router uses them.

When you say you have to reconfigure your settings when you've tried to connect with ACWW, you mean the settings in the wifi connecton setup screen? Those settings are stored on the DS itself so I'm not sure why they would change when you play ACWW. What exactly changes, and how?

Also, I wouldn't think this would matter but, since you said your copy is used, did you erase the cartridge's save data before starting your own character? Taking a game that's been played online in one DS and then playing it online in a second DS should invalidate any friend code data from when it was played on the first DS but I wouldn't think it would keep you from connecting on the second DS. It's a long shot, and probably your last resort, but you could always try erasing all the save data if you didn't before.[/color]

I already checked their site. I couldn't find anything of use. What I mean by the settings change is that sometimes (not always) I have to re-enter my WEP key in order to do anything in my other games after attempting to log in on Wild World. Yeah, I erased their data, but I've gone online with friend code data before, since I entered it all myself. I'm still set on it being the game's problem. I don't really want to start all over, but it looks like I'm going to have to anyway, so I might as well give it a shot. After checking my Email, of course.

[color=#4B0082]If the game is somehow erasing the WEP key out of your connection profile that would definitely stop you from connecting. You might try disabling WEP encryption on your router and seeing if it lets you connect then. I wouldn't recommend keeping it disabled but it'll at least tell you whether or not that's the problem.[/color]

Well it appears I've caught my first super rare fish - a [b][color=blue]Blue Marlin.[/color][/b].

I'm not sure if this is a glitch because I checked up in the fish directory and it says that it appears specifically during August, and last time I checked, it was September 21st yesterday. ^_^

[color=#4B0082]Blue Marlins appear from July through September. Not many fish appear during only a single month in the year. They usually have a range of months, or at least a few scattered throughout. GameFAQs has a nice fish/bug FAQ that lists all the dates and times that things appear.

Salmon and King Salmon, however, only appear during September. So you guys might want to get a move on and do some river fishing for those before they're gone.[/color]

• 9 months later...
[FONT="Tahoma"]I got this game last week, along with a DS. It's pretty addicting and fun to play. I didn't have the ability to use wireless until I got a hold of a usb adapter a few days later. It's really fun to visit other people's towns even though I've only visited one person.^^ One other thing though that just freaked me out the other day.

Those damn large spiders and scorpions [spoiler]chase you if you miss with your net![/spoiler] O_O I haven't managed to catch one yet since I ran like crazy when I realized I had missed. >_< That just freaked me out when I realized they [spoiler]chase you.[/spoiler] At this rate I'm never going to catch one. T_T[/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Those damn large spiders and scorpions [spoiler]chase you if you miss with your net![/spoiler] O_O I haven't managed to catch one yet since I ran like crazy when I realized I had missed. >_< That just freaked me out when I realized they [spoiler]chase you.[/spoiler] At this rate I'm never going to catch one. T_T[/FONT][/QUOTE]Hehe. That's just too funny. I can just imagine you running away. Though those things will do the same if you just happen to get too close. They're pretty agressive. o_O [/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I think they'll leave you alone if you don't have your net out. Or so I've heard, anyway.

I haven't played in a while, but if I ever find a good hotspot nearby my house I'll start handing out my friend code. For some reason, my modem won't let any of the WiFi compatible games I've bought used through. I think it has something to do with trace data from another DS going online. It's weird how it doesn't affect other modems, as well as how all the new games will access.[/FONT]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Aceburner'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I think they'll leave you alone if you don't have your net out. Or so I've heard, anyway.[/FONT][/QUOTE]I don't know about the scorpion, but the larger spider will nail you just for getting too close. Whether you have the net out or not. I've had that happen once, the thing wasn't moving so I didn't even realize it was there as I walked by until it jumped on my character. o_O[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"]Those damn large spiders and scorpions [spoiler]chase you if you miss with your net![/spoiler] O_O I haven't managed to catch one yet since I ran like crazy when I realized I had missed. >_< That just freaked me out when I realized they [spoiler]chase you.[/spoiler] At this rate I'm never going to catch one. T_T[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Oh, just you wait! [spoiler]When you shake trees, sometimes money or furniture will come out, but there are also beehives! The bees chase you too! I've only escaped them once. And that was when I was two feet away from town hall and ran in![/spoiler]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='chibi-master]Oh, just you wait! [spoiler']When you shake trees, sometimes money or furniture will come out, but there are also beehives! The bees chase you too! I've only escaped them once. And that was when I was two feet away from town hall and ran in![/spoiler][/quote]Oh I know all about that. >_> I've been nailed by them many, many times. I'm not sure how to actually catch one since they move faster than I can get my net out. XP Though I read some tips online for getting one so I'm going to try that next time to see if I can finally get one. [/FONT]