OtakuBoards

3 Wishes......

Eternal Snow

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Eternal Snow']Imagine that you're stucked in somewhere nowhere near your home, and the only thing you see is a lamp. Curious, you rubbed the lamp and out pops out a genie. He gives you only 3 wishes.... what would that be?[/quote][color=#4b4b79]If I'm stuck somewhere far from home, I am sure my first wish would to be home, safe and warm and dry.

Other than that, I'm sure I'm a fairly content person. Recently, the subject of the Tsunami victims would certainly be on my mind.

I'm generally very satisfied with my possessions, heh. I have my own laptop, which is awesome. I don't really watch TV or play video games, so nothing in that area really interests me. I'm a softhearted person, and mostly I'd wish happiness and health to people (in particular or in general. Some of this gets personal.)

It sounds kind of holier-than-thou, but it's not meant to be. It's just...true.

On another note, what's up with the whole "genie in a lamp" thing? Has anyone here ever actually seen an oil lamp? I think the wish-granting department of the supernatural needs to update it's image. If I saw a lamp, my first thought would be "What the heck is that doing here?" And then I would look around for an outlet to plug it in.

itty bitty living space,
Sara[/color]

3 wishes hrmm. That's actually quite a hard one. I don't really care about being rich although that would be nice. even though I would like a new car to replace my brown POS so an Audi TT would be my first wish. Then my second hrmm. I'd have to say for all lifes problems to go away, well atleast for me, that'd be nice to have. 3rd would have to be everyone elses problems to go away except that might cause problems. You'd prolly have alot of dead people coming back to life and a big population boom then a food shortage but no one will have problems so it will all work out I guess. :smirk:

[quote name='Lore][color=#4b4b79']On another note, what's up with the whole "genie in a lamp" thing? Has anyone here ever actually seen an oil lamp? I think the wish-granting department of the supernatural needs to update it's image. If I saw a lamp, my first thought would be "What the heck is that doing here?" And then I would look around for an outlet to plug it in.[/color][/quote]
Lol. You're so cool, Sara.

Okay, first wish is all the aid that the tsunami victims need.

Second wish is world peace.

Third wish is for me to have three more wishes. Yay! I'll use the next first and second wishes for material thingies like a Mac laptop and plane tickets around the world then I'll ask for three more wishes on my third on. That would give me endless wishes! (poor genie)

Guest DiedonWednesday
Hmmm I guess to kidnap any band members I want (Joey Jordison, Marilyn Manson), Alot of albino animals and more wishes. Gotta love the albino.

[color=#4b4b79]Oh, come on, folks! Everyone knows that wishing for more wishes doesn't work! You end up with fractions of wishes and very disgruntled genies.

Plus, if you wish to become the "richest guy in the world," you'll end up taking control of someone else's money, which is bound to backfire on you. (And if it didn't, you wouldn't exactly need to wish for any material possessions anyway, since you'd be able...to, ah, take care of that yourself.

color by Technicolor,
Sara[/color]

After seeing [i]Bedazzled[/i], the [i]Wishmaster[/i] series, Jafar as a genie in [i]Aladdin: Return of Jafar[/i], Jeanie's sister Jeanie on [i]I Dream of Jeanie[/i], and that episode of [i]Charmed[/i] with French Stewart, I'd be very specific about my wishes.

The first thing I'd wish for is that I had legally won the California state lottery a week ago, and a large sum of the money was already in my possession.

The second thing I'd wish for would be a form of transportation (legally bought and registered in my name) that would allow me to get home.

I'd save the final wish as either a way to save my life in an emergency, or to save the life of someone close to me.

[color=green][shallow]I?d wish for a computer that?d have a reliable, fast internet connection that could handle just about anything. It?d be nice if it were portable, to boot.[/shallow]

My second wish would be for good health until the day I die. I wouldn?t want to live forever, but it?d be nice to be able to enjoy every day I?ve got while I?m around.

As for my third and final wish, I?d keep it. Could be that the genie is a sadistic prick and twisted my wishes into terrible tortures, so I?d like to be able to undo them if it comes to that. Besides, something else might crop up.[/color]

[quote name='Manic Webb']The first thing I'd wish for is that I had legally won the California state lottery a week ago, and a large sum of the money was already in my possession.[/quote][color=#4b4b79]*laughs* Here's someone who knows what he's talking about, heh. Know thy loopholes ^_~

DiedonWednesday, please do not double-post. If you hve something you wish to add to what you have already said, feel free to use the "edit post" option. In this case, I've deleted your second post, as it was irrelevant to discussion. Private well-wishes based on boyfriends' names can easily be expressed via Private Message.

as seen on TV,
Sara[/color]

Well, if I'm in the middle of nowhere, with no way to get home? I'd scoff at only three wishes, and verbally doubt this genie's power, because...what kind of genie only gives us three wishes?

A second-rate genie, that's what. "I bet you couldn't even get me back to my home," I'd say to the second-rate genie, and with any luck, he'd poof! me to my house, and I'd still have three wishes. Now, if I had three wishes...

My first wish would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe, because, hey, I'm power-hungry, and I dig that control-thing.

The second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

My third wish...would be for revenge against my enemies. They'll burn like pigs in hell.

Hopefully my genie is one of those malicious ones, eh? ~_^

[font=Verdana][size=2]I dont want to live forever if my love isn't gonna be there with me, so no imortality (besides that people will start to wonder alot.) [/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2]One) To finally get a girlfreind thats perfect for me (never have had one probally will never get one)[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Two) To get better at my drawings (best way of exspressing my self and I would be able to draw my own anime!)[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]Three) Since slavery sucks... wait that could be an evil genie so for the genie's freedom BUT as a good guy.[/size][/font]

Oh, this reminds me of Christina singing. It was such passionate displace to my young heart, and thus I went out and purchased the album with said song on it. It was my first music CD ever purchased. It's needless to say that I listen to much better music now.

[quote] Oh whoa...
My body's saying let's go
Oh whoa...
But my heart is saying no (no)

If you wanna be with me, baby
There's a price you pay
I'm a genie in a bottle
You gotta rub me the right way
If you wanna be with me
I can make your wish come true
You gotta make a big impression
I gotta like what you do

I'm a genie in a bottle, baby
Gotta rub me the right way, honey
I'm a genie in a bottle, baby
Come, come, come and let me out[/quote]

I can just see her in the video, I saw it so much.

Now, to the task at hand I suppose. Although my hand's kind of busy. [Did I say that?] :p

Yes, a perverse mind is good.

Now:

[b]Wishy wish # 1:[/b] I would want to know how everything that is in the universe came to be, and why, and for what purpose, and all that beautiful drib. Then I'd know if there's a god or not and then I wouldn't have to be agnostic anymore because I would know the truth and I could walk around screaming the truth and I'd probably end up institutionalized because people would think I was crazy. Maybe some other people who didn't think I was crazy would think I was Jesus, the second coming of him, only instead of suffering at the Jews' hands, I would be suffering at the goverment's.

[b]Wishy wish #2 :[/b] I would wish that all Otakus meet in a house of great grandeur, and we have a party there. Beer, champagne, punch, soda, all that goodly stuff would be there. Some people, such as James, would be drunk off their ***** and rolling happy-lappy by the end of it. It would be a grand time, and I'd also be able to meet some attractive ladies, such as Sarah, Sara, Erin, Ms. Japan, Toriness, Jenna (I would specifically ask for her presence to adorn us at it, even if she is no longer with us), Mimmi, Megan and whatever other girls I have missed (don't worry, you're all just as wanted). And yes, there are two Sara(h)'s around here if you didn't know. Well, now you know so what's there to know?

I'd also get to meet Shy, James, Alex, Alan, Mikey (Shinny) and whoeverelseImissed.

The awesomeness of this wish is hard to comprehend.

Of course, at this party, we would have to take pictures and make a thread in OL full to the brim with said pictures - oh, it would be a memorable thing indeed. Think of it, all the members of OB, all at one place. Can you comprehend it? I cannot.

[b]Wishy wish #3[/b]: I would wish to sleep forever and dream the most vivid dreams of my life. My real life is quite dull, I just go to school and work and do whatever inbetween, write and other such nonchalance. Sleep, sleep is great. You get to exist without any consciousness. It's an amazing thing, something I wish real life was more like. But that'll never happen.

Eventually, after I dreamed for long enough, my dreams would become my reality, but it would be a reality I created and it would be all acid trippy and insane and wonderful. I wouldn't have to work, nor go to school, because I would be omniscient (all-knowing) and omnipotent in my world due to the fact that I created everything in it.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=DarkRed] Haha, i love it when people wish for world peace. I personally don't think it would work. I won't say why, i'll just leave it at that.

1. Be able to control time.

2. Know all the answers to the questions i'm asked.

3. Be able to control people.

I'm a control freak...

Later.[/COLOR] [/FONT]

[QUOTE=Siren]Well, if I'm in the middle of nowhere, with no way to get home? I'd scoff at only three wishes, and verbally doubt this genie's power, because...what kind of genie only gives us three wishes?

A second-rate genie, that's what. "I bet you couldn't even get me back to my home," I'd say to the second-rate genie, and with any luck, he'd poof! me to my house, and I'd still have three wishes. Now, if I had three wishes...

My first wish would be for encompassing power over every living being in the entire universe, because, hey, I'm power-hungry, and I dig that control-thing.

The second would be for 30 million dollars a month to be given to me, tax-free in a Swiss bank account.

My third wish...would be for revenge against my enemies. They'll burn like pigs in hell.

Hopefully my genie is one of those malicious ones, eh? ~_^[/QUOTE]
[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1][COLOR=SeaGreen]

Okay Okay sorry to burst all of your guy's bubbles BUT there are three rules that a genie can never do...haven't you all watched Aladin ?

1. A Genie can never make anyone fall in love or stay in love
2. A Genie can never bring people back from the dead
3. A Genie can never give you power (jafar was an exception)

My three wishes would be...

1. (selfish wish come on like you dont want something material people!!) A nice computer with a good connection, preferably a laptop with graphics cards and everything and never breaks down.

2. I would wish that I could have an expensive party at a palace with all my friends there and with gourmet food and all. (JLO style!)

3. I wish to set the genie free. yes its cheesy, but would you like to grant wishes all your life? I doubt it. plus if i make friends with him...maybe he'll grant me whatever i want later on muhaha....oh yeah beat that. [/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#004a6f]Hmmmm... let me think....

1. Money! Lot's and lots of money! For of all I would use it to help all those poor hungry, homeless and sick people in third world countries. I want to put an end of famine, and make sure everyne has enough money to live a healthy and happy life. Then I would use the rest to buy all the material stuff I want such as the best darn computer ever, all the supplies for crafts I enjoy doing, a new house, etc.

2. I have a tendancy to lose things. So I wish to be able to know the location of anything. Even if it is thousands of miles away.

3. I'd wish for all kinds of supernatural powers like flying and invisibility and being able to suvive in any enviroment throught body shields and manipulating time and.....[/COLOR]

[color=black][color=black][font='Comic Sans MS'][size=2]Can?t Gennies also not give you unlimited wishies? Wasn't that like the first thing Genie told Aladdin? And a party with all the OB people would be awesome[/size][/font][/color]

[size=2][color=black][font='Comic Sans MS']1)[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font][/font][/color][color=black][font='Comic Sans MS']Gotta love world peace! And an end to world hunger, and help for the homeless, and all other stuff that is good. Oh! And help with the Tsunami as many people have said? I think this all qualifies as a help for the less fortunate people and the well fare of the world wish. [/font][/color][/size]

[size=2][font='Comic Sans MS']2)[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font][/font][font='Comic Sans MS']I?d love to start an anime club in school or meet some other people who I can talk to face to face about anime? or maybe ?oh yea I?m stuck in the middle of nowhere so this wish will be to be back home with my loved ones.[/font][/size]

[size=2][font='Comic Sans MS']3)[font=Comic Sans MS] [/font][/font][font='Comic Sans MS']Setting the Genie free as my way of saying thanks for everything you?ve done.[/font][/size]

[font='Comic Sans MS'][size=2][/size][/font]

[font='Comic Sans MS'][size=2]Gosh it?s hard to limit to just three wishes? wonder what I?d go with if it were just one?[/size][/font][/color]

[QUOTE]Can?t Gennies also not give you unlimited wishies? Wasn't that like the first thing Genie told Aladdin?[/QUOTE]

I don't remember watching Aladdin with this scene......

[QUOTE]Gosh it?s hard to limit to just three wishes? wonder what I?d go with if it were just one?[/QUOTE]

lol....

My wish list
--------------
1) Get all animes (greedy kitty)
2) Be able to help the tsunami victims
3) Miss Congeniality's favourite line: "World Peace"

First wish: To have a army of deranged gerbils, so I could take over the world. I mean who could hurt a gerbil their so cute and fuzzy... :love:

Second wish: For my Paronia to intensify by like ten times. Never can be two careful around gerbils to cute and fuzzy... :nervous:

Third wish: To find my house keys the, ones I lost at school.

[SIZE=-3]Oh my first wish is for all the Season DVD's of Family Guy and...okay, okay...I'll be serious.

No really, if I had three wishes, my wishes would go a little something like:

[B]1.To live in Florence, Italy with a nice manor by the side of the Tiber river, where I would have a family. (Of what, I don't know yet! lol)

2.To be [I]somewhat[/I] (Read: I don't care to be extremely rich, just to be "better off" than the usual person) wealthy enough to buy all of the dream audio/video equipment I've drooled over all my life. To finally become that DJ/Animator/Photographer I've always aspired to be, not a famous one but one who breaks the limit of creativity. Then set up my own studio, be able to work out of my manor.

3. To make sure nothing ever happened to my girl. <---shameless pug, deal with me here. ;)[/B][/SIZE]

[quote name='Sol-Blade][SIZE=-3][b]<---shameless pug, deal with me here. ;)[/B'][/SIZE][/quote][color=#4b4b79]Ahem...[url=http://brian.lqx.net/my%20dog%20needs%20AA/pug%20&%20Liquor%202.JPG]Shameless Pug, take two.[/url]

[quote name='siren']Hopefully my genie is one of those malicious ones, eh? ~_^[/quote]Only if you're also hoping he doesn't want to take revenge on [i]you[/i] for that sneaky first not-a-wish. ^_~

poing!
Sara[/color]