OtakuBoards

3 Wishes......

Eternal Snow

[quote name='Lore][color=#4b4b79]Ahem...[url=http://brian.lqx.net/my%20dog%20needs%20AA/pug%20&%20Liquor%202.JPG]Shameless Pug, take two.[/url'][/color][/quote]

I saw that coming! Good one...lol

My extra bonus 4th wish is for him to get on the AA program. :D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Somehow 3 wishes doesn't seem like enough, especially with all those pesky "You can't wish for more wishes" rules. Darn you genies and your fine print! Ah well, must get to wishing...

1. Heh, I've had this wish for a loooong time. I want to take all of my friends (from all the places I've lived) to Europe with me on a grand vacation. We'd fly (safely) on our own plane (paid for) from the U.S. to Euope, but once we're there we're taking the train. I loves the Eurostar...*ahem* anyway, I've always wanted to show them (or take them back to) the places I've been and especially the ones that I love (ie: Paris, London, Venice, Gaeta, Naples, ah screw it, everywhere in Italy). I want to show them how beautiful different cultures are. And on a slightly selfish note, I would also love to go back there myself.

2. Here's where that genie gets a choice. He can A.) Have DirecTV aquire The Anime Network (legally, please) or B.) Require ADV, Funimation, Geneon, etc. to put more episodes on each disc. This business of 6 or 7 dvd's for a 26 episode series is ridiculous, not to mention incredibly costly for monetarily-challenged people like myself.

3. Hmm, I think I'd save this wish for later. If the genie's nice, maybe I'll set him free. It all depends. But it would be nice to have a backup wish in case of emergency.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Lore][color=#4b4b79'] On another note, what's up with the whole "genie in a lamp" thing? Has anyone here ever actually seen an oil lamp? I think the wish-granting department of the supernatural needs to update it's image. If I saw a lamp, my first thought would be "What the heck is that doing here?" And then I would look around for an outlet to plug it in.[/color][/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Well, I agree with you there Sara, but intsead of looking for a place to plug it in, I'd go to an antique shop somewhere in the Fingerlakes region (simply because I love day trips) and see what I could get for it.

Now as for the whole genie wish part of the post; first off I'd definately doubt that the genie could do what he/she said he/she could do becuase I really want to get home and I don't want to waste a wish on that.

Then, after we had that charming debate about if that was really a wish or not I'd get all my bills paid up so my credit would automatically get better so Lincoln and I would be able to get a mortgage on a house. Because that's the biggest thing.

Second wish, Lincoln to get out of the army earlier than expected with a good paying job waiting for him. So we can buy a good house in a decent neighborhood and be able to keep our already caught up bills paid.

Third, I'd want to win the Mega Millions Jackpot and be the sole winner of $90 million. I'd share it with my friends (Becky and Chris could buy themselves a house and two new cars, Chrissy could move back here ect ect) and Family (mom and dad could quit their jobs, Lincoln's cousin's mom and them could move to a nice house, ) then I'd donate to the red cross, cancer research (especially breast cancer) and some other children's charities and take a trip to vegas with all my friends and family for a 2 week vacation. Then I'd invest the rest and work for a while. But I'd definately try to spend more time with abby and the other kid I plan on having in a few years.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]Wow. This sounded like a ChibiHorsewoman thread, but to my dismay...

Unlimited wishes. Dur. Genies don't have rulebooks like in the Fairly Oddparents. Silly pootzes. :)

The [B]first[/B] 3 wishes I'd make:

1.)A yummy turkey sammich with pickles and all that good jazz.
2.)A way home with a warm cup of cocoa (big marshmallows, you!)
3.)How about the Beatles get back together? Oh, John Lennon and George Harrison woud come back to life. Not as zombies, but they'd look the way they did before they died. Then play my family and me a private show.

After that, I'd do all that sentmental stuff, like peace, you know, for John's sake. *starts humming "Give Peace A Chance"*

I'd aslo give Henry Rollins a chill pill.
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]-the one and only[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well These will of course change as life goes on:

Wish one: A tutor... So They can help me understand what I dont understand in school.

Wish two: For all my friends to be well and happy

Wish Three: For my room to be clean for all eternity.

And on the movie alladin the genie said that he cant make anyone fall in love, cant bring back people from the dead, and you cant wish for more wishes... But eh... Im just repeating what good ol Sara said.

[color=#4b4b79]You're given the opportunity, no questions asked, to have three wishes granted. Come on, folks--this isn't every day, run-of-the mill stuff! Three wishes--anything you want, times [i]three[/i]. And you're conniving to get more? Planning to trick genies into giving you extras, wishing for more wishes....sheesh.

If I were a genie, believe you me, I would be rather put out.

i'm lovin it,
Sara
[/color]

I am in the same camp as Sara and Manic. Genies are tricky. Like that scene in one of the Wishmaster movies when the mafia guy wished for "the head of his rival". He ended up looking like that of his rival! Not good when you look like the enemy! As for the Aladin thing. The Genie did say "X-nay on wishing for more wishes." So Aladin was told this before he got his wishes.

Now, knowing that any wish I may have will have some sort of loophole that the Genie may exploit against me I would have to wish very carefully. Unfortunately there are always loopholes. I will still have a go at it.

[B]Wish the first:[/B] I would wish for happiness for my loved ones. The plus I can see with this is whatever makes my loved ones happy is what they will have. Whether it be money, fame or good health. It's like having a bunch of wishes without wishing for more wishes! The loophole I see is if the Genie makes them all insane. They may go on killing sprees and do all sorts of evil...but are happy! You see what I mean by loopholes. Grrr.

[B]Wish the second:[/B] Happiness for myself. If I am happy I guess I won't care what is happening since I will be in my own little happy world. Hey, it's better than being all stressed out about the bad things the Genie may do to you!

[B]Wish the third:[/B] Wish for the Genie's freedom. I got that from Aladin. Many times when you hear stories about Genies they save the last wish to do something bad too you. Wishing for their freedom takes that away. Plus, I am already happy, why would I need another wishes?

There ya go. My try at three wishes. :D

I hate short posts......

Wish 1). I would wish for me to be half Saiyan and BE the only half Saiyan. My parents would still be humans, but I would have Saiyan DNA within my body. -posts up a sign- ALL BOW DOWN TO THE ALMIGHT SUPER SAIYAN!!

Wish 2). I would wish for eternal youth, not eternal life, mind you. I would stay at 16-18 years old, and never grow old. But I would die if I got a disease, run over, shot, ect. I would also ask to throw in my girlfriend as well. ^_^

Wish 3). I would wish to be able to draw anime and manga as good the best of them. I love to draw and my artwork is my way of getting my feelings and emotions out.

~Out~
>>Matt

[QUOTE=thewanderer]1. Become Sesshomaru the ultimate youkai and have all his powers
dont care for the other two[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Why you'd want to be a one armed dog demon with an annoying 1/2 brother, an annoyiong servant and a kid is beyond me but hey it's not my life.

Of course if I was wishing to be Sesshomaru, my sesond wish would be to have my arm back and my third would be to become a real living thing instead of a 2-D drawing. But that's just me[/color]

Guest Shinigami~Girl
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Century Gothic]Ok so this is random,first off who is the one granting the wishes? second of all if I had three wishes the first one would be for immortality the second one to be all powerful and the third one for armaggedon...but thats just me and im psycho so forget i even came here...im just lonely..dun have any friends..im sorry.....[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Shinigami~Girl][COLOR=DarkRed']ok listen,if the kid wants to be one armed demon than let him,its not like hes going to go off and kill people for fun right?[/COLOR][/quote]

Shinigami~Girl, double posts are not allowed on the OtakuBoards. Due to that rule I am deleting the above quoted post. If you need to post something you forgot immediately after a post you just added, please use the "edit" button and add it to that first post. Thanks!

~Panda

This may just be the most interesting thread in Otaku Lounge, dude...
Well, for my first wish, I'd wish that my parents can somehow sum up enough money to get us into a better home.
For my second one, I'd want my friends to be happy, with their lives and everything they've ever done in it.
And, for my last one, well....I want to be happy.
Heh, some dreaming there.

[size=1]This reminds me of that episode of the X-files with the genie in a carpet. Moulder kept trying to wish for World Peace and she kept screwing him over. So taking into account that genies are spiteful bastards it's kind of hard to know what to wish for. But since I'm too lazy to machinate satisfaction guaranteed wishes I'll just stick with things that affect me only, at least for the most part.

My number one wish would be the gift of flight. Imagine the money I'd save on air fare, tokens and/or gas. I'd get everywhere on time because the skies have a scarce amount of traffic and to reiterrate, it's free!! Nothing beats free.

My number two wish would be a full scholarship to the school of my choice that I would win by writing some sort of essay or what not. You know, fair and square, not just because I exist.

My number three wish would be saved just in case and because I don't know what else I'd want at this point in time.[/size]

Shinigami~Girl and kaisha please do not highjack a thread to have a conversation about anime characters. That would be best to PM this conversation or coninue it by starting a thread in the Anime Lounge. This thread is about wishes. I had to delete several of your responses since they are all off topic, thus considered spam.

If you have any questions concerning this please feel free to PM me.

~Panda

[color=#4b4b79]Please post some explanation along with your wishes. Generally speaking, bullet points alone do not merit a convesation. This thread has been interesting, and I've enjoyed it, but if no one posts anything but "1,2,3 (and possibly 4,5,6,), I am going ti close it.

a kiss that can't renew,
Sara[/color]

• 5 weeks later...
[size=1]
1.)World Peace
2.)To end world hunger (This is actually a toughy, considering this could lead to more overpopulation and us using our natural resources faster than expected.)
3.)Well if the above happened, then my third wish would be a never ending supply of our natural resources. :)
[/size]