OtakuBoards

What do you look for in a guy/girl?

Farto the Magic

[COLOR=Black][FONT=Book Antiqua]hmmmm this is a really interesting topic. [/FONT] [/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Well, I'm not an expert on the matter, but they stare at you and giggle because they like you/think you're hot/cute.[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]I agree with Altron on that. but not all times they giggle because they think you are cute/hot. they sometimes do that to ridicule. they might stare at you but that doesn't mean they are thinking good things about you. they might be laughing at how you look or how you walk. they could be staring at you all dreamy eyed because it was a dare or to lead you on and then make fun of you.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Anyway back to the questions. What do other guys look for in girls?, is it there personalities?[/QUOTE]
[COLOR=Navy][FONT=Book Antiqua]well what i look for in a girl is how they make me feel. i want a girl who is warm and nice. who will never give up on me. who would hug me and kiss me to make me feel better. i really dont care about looks as long as she loves me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Book Antiqua]I was like you. i had a cold heart. i hated every single human being for making me suffer. i wanted to destroy them all. I wanted them dead. i even threatened my mom with a knife. I had never felt love before i had never loved anyone. until recently. i met her and even tho i was evil and a masochist she didn't give up on me. she tried everything to cheer me up. she wanted me happy. and i also kept pushing her away because i did not believe her.no one has ever cared about my happyness. so it was hard to believe.i was living in the darkness. I have never had a G/F. i had never had a someone to love until now. she made me happy. i never thought i would ever be happy. i thought the suffering would never end. i was alone in this world. everyone hated me so i hated them. she has taught me to love and it feels wonderful. i thought love was something only the weak minded felt. i was wrong. it is the best emotion ever. i had always felt sadness and hatred until now. Love has made my life better and i never thought that was possible.[/FONT][/COLOR]

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[quote name='"Jedite"'] because either that person is abusive, controlling, a cheater, etc. But, I wouldn't worry about it, if I were you. [/quote]

[Quote="Lady Rin"]
Male or female, if you are going with someone like that then leave. If you stay you'll only get hurt. Don't waste time, don't argue. Just packup and leave. I've seen enough of that thank you.[/quote]

Rin ask me to put that there.

I look for the same type that Heero Darkangle looks for, the exact oppiste. Im not cold hearted just really depressed. So someone who could chear me up, and someone who understands me. I say that because I have a hard tiime expressing myself. The only two things that do expresse me well are my art (best way) and my stories (second best.) Someone who understands that there is no such thing as normal. I dont know why I bother though, I know that I dont got a chance at having a girlfriend. :(

[quote name='Phayt']I look for the same type that Heero Darkangle looks for, the exact oppiste. Im not cold hearted just really depressed. So someone who could chear me up, and someone who understands me. I say that because I have a hard tiime expressing myself. The only two things that do expresse me well are my art (best way) and my stories (second best.) Someone who understands that there is no such thing as normal. I dont know why I bother though, I know that I dont got a chance at having a girlfriend. :([/quote]
[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]If you think you don't have the chance then you won't have one. It's called self-realization. You just sabotage yourself unneccessarily.

Secondly I wasn't actually going to reply but then I kept reading about these rather unhappy guys who depend on their loving gf to make them happy. I don't want to offend you but I found it irksome.

I had a bf that was a depressed guy. I really did try to make him happy but it effin annoyed me soooo much. I really did try for 6 months and was dropped like a rancid potato for the "hot chicks" at uni *grumble* (he's not what most people would call good looking either). Seriously, I had just wished he'd grow the proverbial backbone and try to be happy for his own sake and stop dragging me down. Being with him taught me what true depression was, and I found it so infective it was life changing. Yet in a way I loved and hated him for all he was.

I really did understand the reasons to be unhappy but I couldn't for the love of life understand the reasons, why not to be happy. Maybe he was just clingy, I'm not sure... he just needed constant attention.. everyday.. although one occassion that stuck out was New Years last year which we had spent most of the night [i]happily[/i] talking together until almost midnight then he had to go. I [i]happily[/i] text him "happy New Years" and he [i]unhappily[/i] texts back that he's depressed and the New Years sucked.

Gee.. thanks. Made me feel real good about myself. It was the stupidest, most dysfunctional relationship ever.. I'd rather he was physically/verbally abusive, at least I could deal with that and get someone to kick his head in. Seriously, how on earth do you kick someone's head in for being unhappy when they aren't in contact with you? I feel like it was more of a form of emotional abuse.. hmm..

Anyway, I just wanted to get that out because.. guys.. it's so much easier for girls to be around you if you make the concerted effort to be happy and stay happy. Don't be like the guy I just mentioned, I do hope his next gf does make him truly happy though.
---
Onto the next point while I have the time.

Shugo54, you're being a tad bit paranoid. Girls will 99% of the time giggle at a guy because he's cute and they like what they see. As for the other 1% it might be because he has a mullet XD

I don't think I'm hot enough to be followed around a mall though.. enough to get a look down to 'admire' the floor (at my legs) then back up to where my face is supposedly. Main reason I rarely wear skirts.

The dreamy eye is surely because they hope you'll ask them out, and yes at the sametime their friends probably encouraged them to "go for it! He's so CUTE!! Try get him to notice you *giggle*". It's a good thing you don't fall for it though.

Those kind of girls aren't really that mature at all. They're boy-crazy for all the wrong reasons, because they think the guy is good-looking they automatically assume he's the guy they want at the moment to stick with trends. That and they have no personal pride. They're the kind of girls that are into what psychologist describe as 'puppy love' and have layers and layers of pictures of good-looking celebrity males glued to everything possible and are prone to developing a new crush every other week.

It scares me, and I know these things because I grew up as a female along side with such females. It scares me to no end.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=DerelictDestiny][color=darkred][size=1]If you think you don't have the chance then you won't have one. It's called self-realization. You just sabotage yourself unneccessarily.

[/size][/color][/QUOTE]I forgot to say that I still try (not despretly) even though I think that I dont have a chance. Im strange and I understand that most of the things I say make me sound dumb but I actually am kinda smart. And thanks for the very helpful advice DerelictDestiny, but I already knew that. Sorry for being mean I just... yeah. I dont always need someone to cheer me up just when I get close to suicidel. (I have been there and it wasnt fun.) Im fine now. I just think that when I figure my self out (I dont know exactly who I am) that I can figure out who is right for me. For fight now it is still the same as my first post here.

Oh man, where do I even begin? I think the main reason I'm single is because I tend to be really picky. I like gothic dudes, mostly. As with most everyone else...I have a fantasy person in my head, I'll probably never meet. Mine is around my age (17 to 22) skinny, long straight black hair (bangs over the eyes), green eyes, dressed all in black with silver jewlery. The funny thing is, the few boyfriends I DID have didnt meet that criteria. lol
Anyway, enough about physical apperences. For personality, I am attracted to intellegence above all else. The smarter the better. I dont mean to sound egotistical, but I study many intellectual topics, and a lot of times I selfishly want my date to have similar tastes. (again, which is why I'm single. hehe) Other good things I look for in dudes are interests in paganism, rock music, videogames, poetry, anime, etc. I know, it sounds like I want an eclectic, esoteric boyfriend with specific qualities, but not all of this is written in stone. Its basiclly my IDEAL guy. Also, I dont care if my ideal guy smokes cigs or drinks, since I do both.

In other words...it sounds like I wanna date myself. =(

Guest x mouse x
oh.... hmmm.... well for girls i like short hair and big, big eyes! and for guys i like long nappy hair (maybe dread locks) and you know the whole typical "skinny white boy" look :D and for some reason i love hippies (even though they smell weird).

and for personality i just basically want someone who can take care of me and protect me. and dont forget the freaky sexual fetishes lol ^_~

(anyone fit that description email me hehe....)

Hmmm. The nature of the thread has changed...

I like gals who like the same things I do, but with enough differences to keep life interesting. I like girls with cute smiles, lively eyes, and unique/thoughtfull outlooks on life. I like girls with quirky senses of humor. I like girls who are musical, artistic, creative etc. Most of all I like girls who are really smart and can talk about all sorts of things but who are not full of themselves and concieted. I like girls who are in control of themselves and their lives, but can still let their hair down have a good time within the limits they set for themselves. I like girls who have not lost touch with their sense of play and whimsical fun, but who also live in reality.

Guest icedranzer
[QUOTE=Farto the Magic][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I know people always have those: what do guys look for in girls, but I want to reverse it. This should get a lot of guys here reading this. It would also be helpful for guys to have a clue what to watch for. I myself would absolutely love to know what makes women have an attraction to a guy.
[/COLOR=Indigo][/FONT=Arial][/QUOTE=icedranzer]
heh there, im a girl and this, honestly, is what i like in a guy. he HAS to be a good kisser :smirk: and mysterious.I'm personally a loner and like a guy who can stand on their own 2 feet and is trusting.U've also gotta be real nice to your girl and treat her equal to u not beat them up if you hurt girls(not directed to be rude and i'm sorry if it was :rolleyes:) and please never be mean to a girl and then ask her out, it confuses her-well me anyway- it really hurts when that happens to you.I hope this has helped a bit, as 4 me, im looking for someone evil but with a soft spot and a loner.bye :D

[COLOR=Plum] :love: What do i look for in a guy? hmm...he has to be open. I hate it when guys hide there feelings. He has to be my Friend, you know treats me with love and friendship. But most of all he has to have the up-most respect for myself and my other friends. if he was a Christian that would be cool too. (if he wasn't it wouldn't matter) He has to have some intellect in art and poetry. An artist! a guy who paints and draws. As well as writes poetry! Yup thats the dream guy for ;) An Artist! lol [/COLOR]

[color=darkviolet]Actually, I really want three men in my life, one cooking, one cleaning , and one to do manual labor...if I [i]really[/i] need anything else I'll [spoiler]just go buy a vibrator[/spoiler].

Oh and Lincoln, if you actually decide to grace us with your presence and read this, I'm just joking.[/color]

[COLOR=DarkGreen]What I look for in a guy: must be funny cause I like a cheerful guy, must be somewhat serious cause if he's too funny it'll be embarassing to both him and I, must be at least somewhat good lookin, must be smart, must believe in something, like God, must not be a perv, must be commited and honest and loyal, must be a good gamer, I would like it if he liked the same kinds of animes that I do, and must be open cause a relationship needs honesty. And that's about it.^-^[/COLOR]

personally i like a guy i can talk to or even just sit quitly with. hes gotta sense of humour and not stupid & whos sensitive ...looks arnt that important as long as they are taller than me and preferably dark haired and not to much of a pretty boy but somehow i always end up with the opposite... oooh and must share common interests like sports, art , music that sort of thing

[FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=Red]truthfully i do not know why i am telling you all this but it seems fun to tell ^_^. i prefer the skater punk kind of guy. i cant stand the "im a good guy" stuff. it makes me sick. i like the guys who will go streakin and not give a care in the world. and how their haerts are always cold. i like having to break the ice barrier around their hearts and let me gets close to me. its odd but it makes me happy. scary enough i like the "gothic" type :: hugs the bass in LostProphets:: hes so cute. i have a lot of friends that are like that. tho my dad once said its okay to have thos kinds of friends. but its even better to have ones of all different kinds. i took that seriouly. i have a few guys friends that are smart, some dorks, cuties, gothics, preps. i widen my range of who i like. i never go after just one kind of guy. i look only for what they can offer me. i dont go out with them for fame. money or how they look. i go out with them by if they treat me like a lady. even though im young, i still should get the respect as if i was grown up.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Farto the Magic][FONT=Century Gothic][COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]I myself would absolutely love to know what makes women have an attraction to a guy.[/COLOR'][/FONT][/quote][color=#ff6600][i]I[/i] would absolutely love to know that makes me have an attraction to a guy.

The guys I've been attracted to don't have a lot in common. Well, they're nice to me, but that's so incredibly broad, it's almost laughable. If I'm friends with a guy, usually I will have a crush on him at some point. I get over it pretty quickly and tend not to act on it at all.

Most of the guys I've had a crush on recently are the Math and Science type. Now, as many an online T-shirt company will tell you, "Geek is Sexy." However, I'm also inclined to think it has something to do with the general company I keep--many of the people I know from home are Computer Science majors, and here at school I live on a floor with a bunch of IT (Institute of Technology) Honors people. I'm inundated by nerds at every turn! *laughs*

And, well, Geek [i]is[/i] Sexy. Plus it has a great sense of humor, and watches fun movies.

I won't say that I am not attracted to someone's looks, but darned if I could tell you what about them, exactly, I'm attracted to. Taller, shorter, dark skin, fair skin, red, brown, blond, black, long, or short hair--*laughs* All I know is, they're all inexplicable sexy when I have a crush on someone with them.

Finally, since I moved up to school, a majority of the people I've found attractive have been gay. But, well...that doesn't help much, does it? :p

slippery when wet,
Sara[/color]

Seems like all of you have been making paragraphs,but me I'm gonna break it down into what matters forget all the blah blah.

-Hair color doesn't matter I'm not picky about that.

-Eye Color does not matter either those things are kind of trivial.

-Race: Oh that doesn't matter we all have the same guts and vital organs on the inside who cares really. I am African American/Native American by the way just wanted other people to know I don't know why though.

-Body: I would have to say the normal height and weight for that persons age.

-Tatoos/Piercing: Oh that doesn't matter if its a way to express herself she can do it theres nothing wrong with tatoos or piercing's.

-Dress: I like a girl who is unique like me doesn't follow the crowd likes to be their own person and have their own style and doesn't buy things because everyone else has it thats no way to shop unlike most of the girls who are at my highschool who are the total opposite.

-Personality:I like a girl who likes to hang out go places to the mall, go see a movie. I also like a girl who's her own person doesn't act like everyone else doesn't try to fit in or doesn't have to because she is the incrowd. I also like a girl who likes to speak her mind and also a girls who is smart and beautiful or pretty doesn't matter which one of the two. As long as her intellect matches her physical body I'm okay. She also has to have some humour to her and have some sort of kindness to her. Also does not care what she considers herself Punk, Gothic, Prep, whatever its just a label.

-Religion: Well to me religion doesn't matter just because im Christian doesn't mean you have to be Christian and I would never force my religion on someone like it was forced on me.

K, this is a tough one. I'm kind of picky on personality. That's probably why I don't have a boy friend yet. :rolleyes: Personality wise, I want someone who respects me and treats me old fashion. I would also like someone who shares my interests, and would discuss them with me. So far no guy who has been interested in me has even fit any of the things I want. I don't really care about the outward apearance stuff.

I am also picky. Tacitly, I like him to be really hot looking: blue eyes, slim and muscular (considering that I am a swimmer), and tall. I don?t really care about hair as long as it?s not passed the shoulders. For personality, I like someone who makes me feel comfortable, but at the same time gives me a burning feeling inside my chest that makes my heartbeat, so hard. I also look for a bright and witty guy with a good sense of humor, but not over doing it, either.