OtakuBoards

What do you look for in a guy/girl?

Farto the Magic

Guest ed'sgurl5
i look 4 cuteness in aguy and they have to be smart and have to like anime and they have to like cats and have to be sweet like a boy at my school :love:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I look for in a girl is how nice and how smart she is. Also patient, humorous, and understanding. But I don't think that I would ever find a girl with these characteristics. For some reason most of the girls that I ever met treated me like crap. I don't know why but they all seemed to hate me. I haven't done anything to them. I remember when I wrote a poem (boy, was I stupid) to a girl named brenda. When I gave it to her, she just turned it into a paperball and threw it at my face. My heart sank low. She also used to talk crap behind my back. One time I was with my cousin and somebody knocked at her door. She thought it was me so she came and kicked my ***. Of course I can never hit a girl so just I took it. Another girl named azelia used to humiliate me in front of everyone. I never understood why was I treated like that. Maybe I deserved it. I guess some of us are not meant to be in a relationship. But, why is it that everytime that I try to talk to a girl they just keep ignoring me?

[quote name='C.Azul']What I look for in a girl is how nice and how smart she is. Also patient, humorous, and understanding. But I don't think that I would ever find a girl with these characteristics. For some reason most of the girls that I ever met treated me like crap. I don't know why but they all seemed to hate me. I haven't done anything to them. I remember when I wrote a poem (boy, was I stupid) to a girl named brenda. When I gave it to her, she just turned it into a paperball and threw it at my face. My heart sank low. She also used to talk crap behind my back. One time I was with my cousin and somebody knocked at her door. She thought it was me so she came and kicked my ***. Of course I can never hit a girl so just I took it. Another girl named azelia used to humiliate me in front of everyone. I never understood why was I treated like that. Maybe I deserved it. I guess some of us are not meant to be in a relationship. But, why is it that everytime that I try to talk to a girl they just keep ignoring me?[/quote]
Do you try to hit on them? That's a big no-no. Just meet them and say hi. Let them do the talking, and you can't really mess up. You might become friends.

Look, I don't even try to hit on girls. I'm just a shy, stupid person that everytime I try to ask a girl out I ended getting rejected. I remember when I told this girl if she wanted to go out with me. Fortunately, she said yes and I was really happy. But then I saw her kissing another guy. I was going to kick his *** but fighting over a girl would just make me look like a dumbass(which I already was for believing in her in the first place). Also two years ago, on Valentine's day, I decided to give a box of chocolates and a stuffed animal to a girl. She didn't do anything to break my heart. It was the stuff she received from other people. She received way better gifts and that was enough to put my gifts and I in shame. There's still more problems that I had with girls but its embarrasing to talk about it. I just wanna know why the HELL does this keep happening to me?

Guest Dark Pyro
I may be a guy but what i look for in a girl is: somewone who wont judge me by looks, someone who likes me for who i am(wont make me change for them), someone who can trust me, someone who will talk to me be fore they acuquse me.well this is what i looke for in a girl. also i like girls with blond hair and blue eyes. :D

[quote name='C.Azul']Look, I don't even try to hit on girls. I'm just a shy, stupid person that everytime I try to ask a girl out I ended getting rejected. I remember when I told this girl if she wanted to go out with me. Fortunately, she said yes and I was really happy. But then I saw her kissing another guy. I was going to kick his *** but fighting over a girl would just make me look like a dumbass(which I already was for believing in her in the first place). Also two years ago, on Valentine's day, I decided to give a box of chocolates and a stuffed animal to a girl. She didn't do anything to break my heart. It was the stuff she received from other people. She received way better gifts and that was enough to put my gifts and I in shame. There's still more problems that I had with girls but its embarrasing to talk about it. I just wanna know why the HELL does this keep happening to me?[/quote]

OMG.
You're just like me!
Every single time I've fallin in love I can't make a move, cause I know I'll get rejected.
I had a girl for some time, and I was really happy, but after a while she decided that I was boring and dumped me.
I also tried to give a girl something for Valentine's day, turn out she hates the damn day and wants nothing to do with it whatsoever -_-
Anyway, I finally found my girl. I liked her for along time, and I knew people were saying she liked me too. I first became friends with her and got to know her better, then I asked if she wanted to go out with me, and she said yes ^^
Ñext week me and her are together for one year ^^
So what I'm trying to say is, you'll find someone for you. I mean, the girls you tried to get before aren't worth it if they'll make you feel like ****. -

What I look for in a guy is someone who knows how to have fun, has a great since of humour, knows when to be serious and when not to be, is somewhat clean, and looking good can be a plus as well. ;) Along with common sense somewhere.

[COLOR=Blue]I'm shy around most girls I like. It takes a bit for me to get the courage up to talk to them sometimes. I've never had a girlfreind, but I've had many crushes. But before I get to that, here's what I look for in a girl:

Personality-I like anime fans, comic book fans, gamer girls, rocker girls, punk girls, tough girls, free sprits, a good sense of humor, and the freindly type. Or a combination of the bunch.

Race-Dosn't matter.

Hair-Don't care. Red, blonde, black, brown, long, short, etc.

Eyes-Don't care. They could be red, I woldn't mind.

Body-Slim, thin, avarage, tall, and athleltic.

Religion-Don't care. Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Wikka, etc. It's not a big deal to me.

Intrests-Some of things I like, so we can click.

That's me.
Most of my crushes didn't end well. One of which we're still freinds, but I only get to talk to her on breaks or vacations. The other, well...I'm attracted to her, but she's taken. But we have some things in common, so we're just freinds. So it's cool.
The last one, is doing a student activity at school. That's why I joined, because of her. Also, it's a talent show, and I wanted to read one of my short stories. My Grandpa told me once "A pretty face can do weird things to your brain." He's right.

Well, keep in mind that I'm kind of shy. :animeshy: Wish me luck!

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=1]Originality.

'I believe any man has the ability to sweep any woman off her feet' -Will Smith, Hitch. (I love that movie)

I am picky, too, but I have a boyfriend (5-year-crush) and we've been going out a solid 7 months now. I love him, he's great ^^ Speaking of originality, my BF got asked (In a game of truth or dare) if he liked me more than a friend. I got asked the same question. By the next week, we were a couple!

Do something that will make her remember you. Stand out! Don't be an idiot, though, jumping off the roof of the bar won't get you anywhere. For the most part, girls (Me and many others) like a guy who isn't shallow, someone they HAVE to think about. The more you leave an immpression you leave, the more she'll think about you, the more she'll (Hopefully) get to wondering about and liking you. Flattery, MEANINGFUL FLATTERY, doesn't hurt, either. Do something brave. Really.

To the girls out there, Who would you like more-

1) *Guy walks up to girl at the bar* "Hey, can I buy you a drink?"

2) *Guy walks up to girl at the bar and looks at her for a few seconds* "Wow, your eyes are so pretty in the light like that. What's your name?"

Hmm? I think it's obvious. (though I am not yet drinking age, so I SUPPOSEDLY wouldn't know...) Alas, the first one is the average guy. Well, I hope my input helped.

Later!
_Sakura_[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[QUOTE=SakuraMinomino][color=darkgreen][size=1][b]Who would you like more-[/b]

[b]1) *Guy walks up to girl at the bar* "Hey, can I buy you a drink?"[/b]

[b]2) *Guy walks up to girl at the bar and looks at her for a few seconds* "Wow, your eyes are so pretty in the light like that. What's your name?"[/b]

[b] (though I am not yet drinking age, so I SUPPOSEDLY wouldn't know...) [/b][/size][/color][QUOTE]

[b]I am of drinking age, and I can say without a doubt that I would prefer the first. Why? Because what he said wasn't really a pickup line... the ones that use a pickup line at the bar are usually really creepy or just plain dumb.[/b]

[b]You can't believe that a stranger who's first sentence spoken is a compliment of your eyes is speaking genuinely, but offering to buy you a drink is simply an offer to buy you a drink.[/b]

as for a women if you can said for a 22 lady i go for a guy who sweet and go for me i mean he like me for me and i would like him for him even though he fat or thin what ever. ugly or cute hot or none hot dosn't really matter also long he love me for me. ......................
------------because i am fat

What i look for in a girl...
-somewhat of a physical attraction usually has to be there to develop some sort of interest in getting to know them not to be shallow at all im not but its true that you have to be comfortable with somebody's looks or you dont rly get as close to them a lot of the time it just works out that way
- funny/ fun to hang out with
- TRUST is very important
- a HUGE plus is a girl that can have an intelligent conversation. ( I dont want to offend anybody of course but in my experience girls are either too stupid to carry on a deep conversation because they themselves are shallow or arent capable of making a point and supporting it. Othertimes girls act like they no it all and just come out to be close-minded . This doesnt apply to all girls but plenty in my experience could fall into either one of the 2 categories.)
- I like a girl that has self confidence and a little flirty but lets not be ridiculous here.
- They SHOULD show they care // trust you in return as long as that understanding is there its all good. Naturally, when you trust and care about somebody you hope for the same in return.
- I like a girl with self respect too and morals I mean it doesnt mean she has to be a prude but you can generally tell when somebody gets around just for the sake of getting around without even caring for the person especially.
Thats about it off the top of my head all that and good conversation make for a great girl in my eyes

[quote name='r3vival']- a HUGE plus is a girl that can have an intelligent conversation. ( I dont want to offend anybody of course but in my experience girls are either too stupid to carry on a deep conversation because they themselves are shallow or arent capable of making a point and supporting it. Othertimes girls act like they no it all and just come out to be close-minded . [/quote][b]Um... you apparently haven't been talking to the right girls. :animesmil [/b]

[b]And I'm not offended, (oh, no- it takes [i]much[/i] more than that to offend the elfpirate) but I think that there are an equal number of shallow and/or moronic guys out there as there are females with those particular...flaws-- don't you?[/b]

[b]I mean, let's not be sexist- idiots come in all forms...:animesigh [/b]

[b](Did I just sound like a know-it-all? *smirk*)[/b]

[QUOTE=elfpirate][b]Um... you apparently haven't been talking to the right girls. :animesmil [/b]

[b]And I'm not offended, (oh, no- it takes [i]much[/i] more than that to offend the elfpirate) but I think that there are an equal number of shallow and/or moronic guys out there as there are females with those particular...flaws-- don't you?[/b]

[b]I mean, let's not be sexist- idiots come in all forms...:animesigh [/b]

[b](Did I just sound like a know-it-all? *smirk*)[/b][/QUOTE]

Of course i'm not saying that idiots come in the form of a female. I am by no means sexist but one can only speak from experience and perhaps I haven't been talking to the right girls but really what can you do. I won't get too much into it because its a discussion not meant for this thread. But I am by no means attacking girls i was merely stating what it is that I look for in a girl generally. Its ironic that everything I look for is pretty much the opposite of the experiences I've had thus far.

What I look for in a guy.....

Believe it or not, one of the most important traints I look for is being adventurous. I personally like to try lots of stuff. Like skydiving, white water rafting and such. I also like guys who aren't afraid of girls who are intelligent. Nothing turns me off quicker than a guy expecting me to be stupid. I've had many relationships break up over that. Of course to be fair where I live a girl is expected to only get married and be a mother and have no interests beyond that. grrr! annoys me greatly! Espically since the boys are raised to think the same way too. Anyway, getting back on track, I also think being funny, trustworthy and loyal are important too. Proably the most important is being able to be best friends. Attraction is good but with out the ability to be friends as well I think it's not enough.

I'm also pretty independent and he would have to be able to accept that. It has amazed me at how many guys expect a girl to passively let him be in charge. grrr! I guess you could say I mostly look for someone who can be equal with me in the relationship. Though at this rate I'll proably always be single. *sigh*

[quote name='r3vival']Of course i'm not saying that idiots come in the form of a female. I am by no means sexist but one can only speak from experience and perhaps I haven't been talking to the right girls but really what can you do. I won't get too much into it because its a discussion not meant for this thread. But I am by no means attacking girls i was merely stating what it is that I look for in a girl generally. Its ironic that everything I look for is pretty much the opposite of the experiences I've had thus far.[/quote][b]I understood what you were trying to say... I wasn't trying to... um... nevermind...:animesigh [/b]

[b]Anyhow, I don't think it's uncommon to find the opposite of what you're looking for everywhere you turn. [/b]

[b]I'm sure you'll find someone that doesn't annoy the hell out of you soon enough... and I think it would be [i]much[/i] worse if it seemed that everyone around you[i] was[/i] the kind of person you were looking for.:animesmil [/b]

[b]@SunfallE: Adventurous- I agree with you wholeheartedly on that one... [/b]

[quote name='Dark_Alchemist9']for me..I would want a funny/athiest/anarchist/gothic guy and he has to love me and not cheat on me...he has to be the man I want and he must take my last name in marriage[/quote]
[b]*heh*--you sure have a lot of rules to lay down for someone who claims to be an anarchist...[/b]

Guest Evangeline
[COLOR=Plum]well....they should prolly be human....j/k....well actually Im not. but not the point. But it depends what YOU value ^.^[/COLOR]

hmmm...

someone who can ignore my farts (or at least laugh with me if they are stinky ones)

someone who kisses me even though my breath is like a dragons in the morning :)

I think dream qualities are just that, they should be left in dreams. True love is something that just happens, and I didn't find it until I was 29. and it was an internet relationship. we were in love with each other for a few weeks before we even saw each other's pictures. this may it will be 3 years we've been in love. we dated online for 2.5 years before we were able move together and get married. (long distance relationship, US/Belgium)

I've pretty much discovered i am attracted to harsh personalities. The geeky video gamers who hate society.
The guy i am with now is very opiniated and very intelliegent. He's also hot but that is just a plus.

Things girls look for in guys

1. personality, this one is underrated alot, no girl wants a good looking idiot. Thats why we have puppies.

2. thoughtfulness, sometimes i girl just wants to be hugged for no reason.

3. honesty, lie to a girl once and she will never forget it

but above all, as long as a girl feels special and wanted you can't really go wrong.
Just never ever bring up sexual moments with your past ex, that never turns out well.

I look for a guy who has personality and can take a joke, but not so humorous where he's playing practical jokes on me all the time. Someone I can tell what I think to and not be critizied for it...someone very sweet, but not to the point where he's calling me and emailing me all the time, beleive me that is not a situation you want to be in.XD

[QUOTE=SunfallE]What I look for in a guy.....

Believe it or not, one of the most important traints I look for is being adventurous. I personally like to try lots of stuff. Like skydiving, white water rafting and such. I also like guys who aren't afraid of girls who are intelligent. Nothing turns me off quicker than a guy expecting me to be stupid. I've had many relationships break up over that. Of course to be fair where I live a girl is expected to only get married and be a mother and have no interests beyond that. grrr! annoys me greatly! Espically since the boys are raised to think the same way too. Anyway, getting back on track, I also think being funny, trustworthy and loyal are important too. Proably the most important is being able to be best friends. Attraction is good but with out the ability to be friends as well I think it's not enough.

I'm also pretty independent and he would have to be able to accept that. It has amazed me at how many guys expect a girl to passively let him be in charge. grrr! I guess you could say I mostly look for someone who can be equal with me in the relationship. Though at this rate I'll proably always be single. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

I can see where your coming from most guys I dated leave as soon as they find out I'm a cheerleader squad captain with a straight A report card. As if all cheerleaders are dumb...

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: I combined your double post. If you need to add something directly after a post you just made please use the edit button. Double posts are considered spam on the OtakuBoards. Thanks.-Panda[/COLOR]

Intelligence is one of the main things. Someone you can hold a good converstion with when you want to, and still have a laugh at other times. And to be able to put up with my artistic obsession and my borderline tendencies. He would really just have to accept me for who I am. I tend to think very differently from most people, and always go about things differently. I think this puts a lot of people off. Oh well, thats who I am.