OtakuBoards

What OB members do you know, or would you like to meet in real life?

Boo

[SIZE=1]...and on with the list. Heh.

[b]Shinmaru[/b]: He's so awesome, the gaming-ness just irradiates from his excellent posts ^__^;;
[b]Eikou[/b]: Because she rules. She just seems so laid back and is just amazingly cool. Along with Kane, heh.
[b]Corey[/b]: He rules aswell. We've barely talked, but he seems a really cool guy, and is totally awesome.
[b]Arcadia[/b]: Her RP skills are through the roof. I would love to meet so I could get knowledge from the god of RP. >>;;
[b]Juuthena[/b]: Again as the others, she rocks so much. We've barely talked in a while, but she still rules tonnes!

...and be prepared for more at a later date. ^__^;;[/SIZE]

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Godelsensei - She has a lovely sense of humor, and I think hanging out with her would be an absolute blast.

AzureWolf - He's just plain cool.

Monkey_Orange - We have pretty similar tastes in anime and manga (shounen-ai, anyone?). Plus, she seems like a really neat person in general.

Arcadia - She's smart, amazingly approachable and a truly incredible writer. Also, her custom title says "Fluffalicious," and that simply adds to her awesomeness. I want to be fluffalicious.

Solo - Who wouldn't enjoy meeting the notorious Solo?

And some others - DeathBug, Semjaza, QuincyArcher, Sciros, Hittokiri Zero, James, Sara, Shinmaru, KarmaOfChaos, EVA Unit 100, Siren...

Oh, gosh. I always get a little anxious about making this kind of list, because I'm really afraid of accidentally leaving people out. So lastly, I'd very much like to meet everyone who mentioned me. If I forgot anyone, I sincerely apologize. ^_^;;

~Dagger~

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid]Well, I'm finally bored enough to make this list. (You decide if that's a good or a bad thing. ^_~) Oh, and for now, I'm only going to list the people I talk to. I'll do all of the suck-ups later. (Just kidding...Or am I?)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid][b]Dragon Warrior:[/b] Well, he would be really cool to meet. But I wouldn't want to meet him, 'cause i couldn't handle all his sexahness. ^_~[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid][b]Rhian:[/b] There's just too many reasons to list, so I'll just say 'cause girls have to stick together. (Oh, and she gave me a cool nickname. ^_^)[/color][/size][/font]

[color=darkorchid][font=Book Antiqua][size=2][b]Methuselah:[/b] Well, I haven't read very much of what she's written. (I know, shame on me.) But what I've read so far is really good. But I'd really like to meet her because I think we would have a blast together. Plus, she's English and she has [font=Verdana][b]*[/b][/font]brown hair![/size][/font][/color]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid][b]Reise:[/b] Well, what else can I say besides that he's Scottish. And you know what that means...^_~ He's a really cool guy, and would be fun to hang out with when he's hyper.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid][b]Kitty:[/b] Well, I haven't talked to her much, but she's really nice and cute. And I'm going to call her Kittles if I ever meet her.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid][b]Legacy:[/b] One word. Voodoo...[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid][b]Annie:[/b] Because she's just that popular. ^_^ I haven't really talked to her that much either, but she seems like someone I could easily get along with.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][size=2][color=darkorchid]More to come, soon. (Also, I did leave someone off on purpose. But if you're reading this, then you know who you are. :D)[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Book Antiqua][color=darkorchid][b][font=Verdana][size=2]*[/size][/font]Hair color changed to protect the trendy[/b][/color][/font]

[quote name='Arcadia][size=1']For a long time I thought meeting people from the internet was stupid, but then I joined a message board, so that idea kind of went up in flames.[/size][/quote]
Err, me too, lol. Now I'd like to meet everyone, if that's even possible. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to meeting the following people.

Alan - He's just so darn sexy.
Methuselah - Because deathsnuggles are good snuggles.
Shinmaru - Everybody wants a piece of him. ^_~
Juu - Asian goodness rocks.
Mimmi - ..and her buns. She's the most lovable person on OB.
Solo - Such a hunkie. Besides, if I meet Mimmi, he's probably just around too. XP

Other people that I think would be very interesting to meet would be Panda, Aleia, Karmi, Sara, DW, Semjaza, Desbreko, Bombu, Dagger, and Godel.

Finally, I'd like to meet James, Charles, Adam and jblessing. I'd probably just come up to them to shake their hands and run off, lol.

[size=1][font=veranda][color=indigo]*cries* Taryn-chan, I am forever yours! *shakes fist at other so-called friends* These people I would like to meet(in no particular order):

[b]Sonata[/b]: Because she is uber-smexah, and is the only one who mentioned me! (Oh, and girls gotta stick together. Growl power! Mreow! ;))

[b]Methuselah[/b]: Despite her not mentioning me(I feel so unloved) Jamie-dono is awesome! Besides, maybe if I knew her irl, I could persuade her*coughpunchcough* to actually finish that comic!

[b]The Nameless[/b]: Alas, my love, you do me wrong, to cast me off so discourteously; *ahem* There are millions of versions of Greensleeves. Lol You and I, both soccer players, both Georgia residents, and you, of all people, forgot me! *glares* I would still like to meet you.

[b]Reise[/b]: I have nothing to say to you. *turns her nose up, highly offended*

[b]Annie[/b]: I?m only forgiving you because I like you to much to stay mad. ;)

[b]Hevn[/b]: Because she is teh uberly sexy sex kitten! W00tw00t!

[b]Reflux[/b]: Also know as DBD, a.k.a Mike. ^_^ My not-quite boyfriend that I never talk to because we?re to busy with life. Lol

[b]Chichiri?s Girl[/b]: Because she was one of my first friends, and we stuck together throughout Elemental Guardians.

[b]T_man[/b]: Because he is just to cool. (And he writes awesome Zoids rps.)

[b]Kittychannan & Tash[/b]: Because (along w/ me, Sonata, and Methy) we are the Sexy Six!

[b]DW[/b]: Because he can?t be resisted!

[b]Kyuai[/b]: Saving the best for last! Because I lurfsh hims muchness. Nyur. ^.^

I probably have a much longer list, but meh. (Oh, and CHarles, and James, and Adam's Angels, and Panda, and...)[/size][/font][/color]

I don't ever want to meet any of you, in my mind you are all 45 year old fat comic book guys who are trying to get me to tell you where I live and when my parents will be out of town.

yeah, each and every one of you! The interweb is a scary place.

Seriously though, I don't think that people should meet from the internet...especially on anime boards because we're all ugly as sin and thats why we can't see each others real faces. You don't want to ruin the fantasy.

Sorry I just can't take this thread seriously, but I'll stop and spare you my bad jokes.

Guest WarCraftGOD
While I do agree with the old man 666, ( bravo on the great wit and whatnots)

Id have to say that I want to meet James..... to sock him one in that beady little eye of his..... :: puts on Flame-resistant suit :: :: RUNS!!!!!::

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]*is very flattered that people would want to meet her* Sorry if I leave people out >>

[B]Kenji & AJeh[/B] ? Two for the price of one! Bass and Cool. 'Nuff said.

[B]Sarah[/B] - *huggles* Cool chica who could probably teach me a lot *nods*

[B]Annie [/B]- Who wouldn't want to get up close and personal with Annsie? ~_^

[B]Badness [/B]? Oh my. We'd probably end up getting arrested for disturbing the Universe or something. But we'd have a blast before the cops could even get to us ~_^

[B]Azure [/B]? We could see who's more generous or something XD And it'd be interesting to actually see his reaction to my sillyness :p Even more interesting to meet him and [B]Preston [/B]at the same time =O

[B]Lady A[/B] ? She could teach me how to write and I imagine we'd have a pretty spiffy time together =D Not to mention we'd be able to get down with Scrabble and do our best to fulfil her lifelong dream *wink*

[B]Baron [/B]? Aussie. Swoosh graphics. 'Nuff said there =P

[B]Boba Fett & Ben[/B] ? Another two for the price of one deal, hehe. I'm sure we could be very silly together and unleash plenty of mischief >=)

[B]Alan [/B]? Simply to lavish him in praise and watch his head explode *evil grin* Just observing how he is off the net would be interesting, what with him claiming to be a clam around girls.

[B]DDG [/B]? Mwuahaha, I'd so bother her about Naruto and her story! And steal her bed 0:-)

[B]The Nad Master[/B] ? That way I could get to play some Zelda and have him guide me through it >> And I could bring him his coffee. I'm very good at that *nods*

[B]Charles, HC, Alex[/B] ? All three are awesome though I doubt my psyche would be able to handle [I]actually [/I]meeting them XD;;;

[B]Hevn[/B] ? Probably along with Alan, just make sure they keep it clean. It'd also be interesting to hear them both rave on about kitties and each other =D *giggles and runs away from Alan*

[B]Hotness[/B] ? Beach party and Pikachu. Good enough reasons to want to meet him, isn?t it? :P The possibility of discussing various movies and other stuff would be cool too. /End dream scenario

[B]Akamaru[/B] ? under the one condition that he keeps his hyperness under control, lest my head shall asplode from it >>

[B]John & Sennen[/B] ? They're both incredibly funny and would be able to keep me entertained for ages.

[B]Juuthena[/B] ? I'd love to walk up to her in a bikini and exclaim ?THIS IS HOW A FAT PERSON LOOKS, you imposter you!? >> And I want to hear her sing and play ze funky guitar =)

[B]Liebling[/B] ? She'd be forced to read her poetry to me while I swoon dramatically _^_ We could probably funk it up good 8-)

[B]Bossyness[/B] ? Oh the goody talk we'd have about Naruto *dies from the thought* To be able to bask in her awesomeness would be to die for too *nods*

[B]Angel[/B] ? I could do with physically knocking some sense into her >>;;; And she's uber sweet so hanging with her should prove nice =)

[B]Liam[/B] ? To squishyhuggle him for the immense amount of random sillyness he possesses ;p And to ramble about SYF *fangirl giggle*

[B]Mitch[/B] ? Because I'd kill him with my optimistic personality and free him from the torments he suffer in this world XD

[B]Molly & Becky[/B] ? I don't see them enough on MyO or here, so it'd be nice to be able to give them a real big hugglesquish and hang with them =)

[B]Outcast & Red[/B] ? So if they got bored with me they'd have someone to have a drink with and complain about it XP

[B]Panda[/B] ? I'd want to treat her to a Spa/Retreat weekend because she's so worth it :-*

[B]Mistress[/B] ? Scrabble. That way it wouldn't be too awkward for her to meet me, lol. And I'd get lessons from the greatest *devious smile*

[B]Mr Semjaza Azazel & Mr Shy[/B] ? If it were with other people I could hide behind someone and cower in their greatness =P

[B]Shim Shim Maroo[/B] ? Because Everyone loves Shin! Short and to the point, unlike Shin ;D

[B]Syk[/B] ? Just because *is too lazy to elaborate* ^_^;
[B]
Zidargh[/B] ? Almost met him this past summer so maybe it'll happen soon =)
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[color=darkred]I've made two posts here and I still haven't made my list. Oh well, just goes to show. Anyway, here we have it:

[b]Alan:[/b] He's an internet nerd [i]and[/i] one hell of a sarcasm clown. Believe me, this guy's sarcasm will have you ripping the hair on your head from your roots. Plus he's the first person to have ever contact me via AIM. Whoopdy-doo!

[b]Hevn:[/b] See above. ~_^

[b]Shinmaru:[/b] Funny guy, with his Simpsons/Futurama/Family Guy humour and all. He always seems to have a comment for everything, too, so meeting him would be pretty cool. But then again, I'd probably end up losing years off my life.

[b]DDG:[/b] I've never actually chatted to you before, but by reading through your posts and myO entries, I can tell that you'd be someone I'd definitely like to meet. Pokenerd. ;)

[b]Siren:[/b] Well, you're an all-out intelligent guy, who are the type of guys I generally like to hang out with anyway. So there's no mystery as to why I'd wanna meet you.

I really can't be arsed to write anymore, but others on my list include [b]Zidargh[/b], [b]Juuthena[/b], and [b]ScirosDarkblade[/b]. Sorry that you had to be in the "short short-list", but I've just received some really bad news. Don't worry though, I don't think of you in any way less than I do the others. ~_^

Ciao for now.[/color]

In leiu (sp?) of the "Which OBer would you like to meet in real life?", I decided to create this thread. (Moderators sorry if this is spam.) So...who do ya know on the big OB?

I personally only know MehrLicht and suicide__xdance. Mehr is my really good friend...well we're like bro's...Mike. suicide__xdance is my girlfriend, Hannah.

[quote name='satan665']I don't ever want to meet any of you, in my mind you are all 45 year old fat comic book guys who are trying to get me to tell you where I live and when my parents will be out of town.[/quote]

[size=1]So...
When are your parents going to be out of town?
*rolls eyes*[/size]

[quote name='satan665']Seriously though, I don't think that people should meet from the internet...especially on anime boards because we're all ugly as sin and thats why we can't see each others real faces. You don't want to ruin the fantasy.[/quote]

Speak for yourself old man :laugh: just a joke... really... :D

As for the stereotypical types, anime doesn't just belong to a bunch of "geeks." And besides, I'm sure most of the people who want to meet [i]others[/i] can most likely care less about appearances. They want to meet people because of the person they are.

I know Annie to see her as my Big sister. She was there for me alot to help me through. I also know Laura/Japan_86 for a good 3 years before OB. Charlie Levroy whom doesn't come to OB anymore I know closely because I tried dating her but it didn't turn out the way I hoped for but we stayed close friends still as do I and Amity whom also doesn't really come on OB that much.

[size=1][quote name='satan665']Seriously though, I don't think that people should meet from the internet...especially on anime boards because we're all ugly as sin and thats why we can't see each others real faces. You don't want to ruin the fantasy.[/quote]
Heeelllooo? Didn't you read my post? I'm sexy.

And stereotyping all anime people as ugly is teh f00l1sh. You obviously haven't seen me, but have you ever heard of Queen Asuka, or Babygirl? Or James for that matter [:p].[/size]

[quote name='Corey][size=1']A member that no longer goes here, by the name of Char!, is one of my best friends.[/size][/quote][color=#4b4b79]Really? That's great, heh. I didn't know you were in Milwaukee. ^_^

I don't really know anyone who actually posts here. A couple of my friends (Carr, Briarmoss, Skullgreymon, lone_woulf) have signed up at different points, but none of them are really around. My friend Minako is here the most, but I've not seen her around in quite a while. Understandable; she's in spending a year as an exchange student. Heh.

I think this can actually fall pretty well under the other thread, so I'm going to merge them.

it's a bird, it's a plane...
Sara[/color]

[QUOTE=Charles]In relation to the topic, I'm not [i]against[/i] meeting internet people per se but I've no desire to do so. It's difficult to explain. It's not easy to put my perspective into clearly definable terms so I'll put it this way: removing the mystique and anonymity from the Internet is making it into something more personal than I would like.

[/QUOTE]

[color=#811C3A]Yeah, I really have to say the same goes for me. If I really wanted to meet someone from this community, I'd probably only choose among a handful of people or less. So maybe two or three at most.

Generally I'm happier having my life, and then having OB as a place I visit occasionally. OB itself is a hobby for me and a good biproduct of that has been the people I've talked to over the years. But OB is definitely not something I would especially associate with my life in general.[/color]

[B][SIZE=1]I really honestly wouldn't like to meet anyone in real life. It's nothing against anyone. Anyone/everyone that I actually talk to already knows me enough to be friends. Meeting me would just make knowing me stale. heh. I doubt anyone would want to meet me anyway, heh, I'm the one who stays behind the computer and you find on AIM/MSN/Yahoo! at midnight making mediocre banners/wallpapers lol.

But if I had to choose someone/some people to actually meet, I'd probably choose.. I dunno really lol. I only have a few people that I'd like to meet. No real reason. Just like to meet them to see what they're like, rather than guessing through posts and pointless AIM/MSN conversations.[/SIZE][/B] :D

[color=teal]Personally, I'd like to meet a good many of you. This place has been more of a home than the place I live, honestly. I already have met a few of you personally, and four members here (Shinkoru, Sirven, Dark-Eye, and Valen) have been in my life since I was a kid. Mostly, though, I'd like to meet:

[b]Methuselah[/b], the girl who seems to have wound herself into my heart in a way nobody else has. For obvious reasons, I'd love to meet her.

[b]Lady Katana[/b], in many ways my best friend and closest to me besides Imi. These two knows things about me I've never allowed any other human to learn, even my Danielle, Corey, Mickey, and Ron.

[b]Deedlit[/b], for being herself. One of my first friends on the boards, and a very,very good one. I'd trust her with my life, just not my manga.

[b]James[/b]. What can I say? Great guy.

[b]Desbreko[/b]. If anybody who could win a Legend of Zelda trivia challenge against Miyamoto himself, it's this guy.

[b]Eikou[/b], another person I admire. Not to mention an excellent designer of banners and avatars....

[b]Ohkami,[/b] another of my friends. A nice girl, and an exceptional friend.

[b]Sonata.[/b] One of the sweetest people I've ever had the privelege to meet. Seriously, this is one cute gal.

There are more people I'd LOVE to meet, to be sure, but none that I can think of off the top of my head. You're all such great people to know, I just don't have the stamina and dexterity to type for that long. *grin*[/color]

Unlike many of you who have no desire to meet anyone online, I love meeting friends I have made online. I love being able to put screen names and faces together. I understand that there are many, MANY crazy and sick people trolling online so safety is the first priority. I never meet anyone for the first time by myself. I know much of my willingness to meet people I have befriended online comes from my personality type. I enjoy meeting new people. I have been blessed by always having great experiences when meeting online friends.

I have gone to Texas, Florida, Ohio, Oregon, California and all over Washington to meet friends I have made online. As for OB members I have had the honor of meeting up with Mamma Vash. I had the chance to hang out with her at Anime Expo last summer. We had a great time and plan on meeting up again this year. I am always up to meeting people at anime cons.

Because of my willingness to meet new people I have made many friends all around the world. If you want to meet me and we are going to be in the same event like an anime convention, drop me a note!

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]I'm surprised I got on anyone's list (even though only three people noted me, lol). Sonata, I'm glad you'd like to meet me! And where'd "Kittles" come from? Skittles? The candy?! I LOVE Skittles! =D

Thanks Phayt for mentioning me. ^_~ I'd like to meet you too!

But now, I must add someone to my list, who I met a few short hours after making my post. We've talked over AIM and such, and he's started up the fiery passion in my to get a damn computer mic (which I had given up a while ago).

That's right. It's, the always creative, [b]Danethol[/b]! Me wuvvy you Dane! Lol. XP

I'd also like to add [b]Hack Helba[/b], once known as [b]Stuart[/b]. But to me, he'll always be Stuie! We've talked over the phone a lot since his mom got rid of his internet. (He got 3 F's in the first quarter. >_>;; ) I sent him a Christmas present, too. I [i]reeeeeeeeeeally[/i] wanna meet him. I thought I'd get the chance sometime this year, but it might take a while. Since.. afterall, I'm on the west coast and he's on the east coast. But I visit my Grandma during the summer, and she's in New York! Only a 5 hour drive from Stuie! Lol. He better get his license soon, dammit. >_<

And last, I'd want to add, none other than, [b]Baron Samedi[/b]. Why else? He's sooooo funny. And he'd be great to hang out with. And I seriously doubt that he's an old ugly fart trying to kidnap kids. o_O;;

Well, those are my latest additions to my "list". =D[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[color=darkblue]Well, there are certainly many people here on OB that I would love to meet, so here goes:

[b]Solo Tremaine[/b]- Honestly, who wouldn't want to meet the author of Enter the Net? Plus, he's such a great guy and so friendly. *hugs Mini-Solo plushie*

[b]Mimminx[/b]- A really great friend and person. Though it did take me forever to even IM her to begin with...

[b]Legacy[/b]- A very close friend and someone I could most definately hang around with...and smack around in Soul Caliber II.

[b]Alex[/b]- I still have to get him back for a few things. May plan a trip to New Jersey in the summer to do so.

[b]JJRiddler[/b]- Ah, my dear Akamaru... It would indeed be nice to go back to Germany, so I might as well see my favorite puppy while I'm there, ne?

[b]James[/b]- I still haven't forgotten about the beach party, lol. But I mainly want to go to thank him for a lot of things. Plus, I'd get to see a koala and then be viciously attacked by it.

[b]Adam[/b]- Well, if it weren't for him, none of us would be here, so I think he deserves a visit from a grateful Otakuite.

There'll be some more people added soon, but my brain is tired at the moment, so I'm no more good. :p[/color]