OtakuBoards

Your Current Romance

Adahn

[color=darkviolet]Ireally like reading everyone else's stories...some of them were really sweet and a few could send a diabetic into sugar shock.

Oh well, here's my long winded how we got together pull out the waste baskets because you're gonna puke from all the cuteness story...or not.

Lincoln and I met when I was going out with one of his friends...well, the guy still thinks he's one of Lincoln's friends, but I don't know about Lincoln. Anyways, they came into the grocery store I worked at after they had gone to SIx Flags (yeah, wonderful ex I had, he never took me to six flags...once I got a movie (and I flirted w/ the guy next to me) but no six flags) I thought Lincoln was really hot, but I was with his friend...and not sure how to break it off and still maybe get to know Lincoln because I'm an evil schemer.

Of couse I did try to hook him up with my best friend because she was 20 and had never even kissed a guy or had a boyfriend. So we tried that...that was the same day I knew I had to break it off with my ex because he kept making derogatory comments and being a royal pain in the butt. We broke up (over the phone) a week later.

After I broke it off with my ex, Lincoln and I were still trying to postphone the inevitable so he tried to hook me up with his best friend (who only dates girls younger than him and well, the guy is a few months younger than Lincoln. His best friend found me obnoxious...not that he really would have known since I was the fifth wheel, but hey, I'm obnoxious on line so why not in real life?

Well, then Lincoln accidentally went out with a 14 year old he was 18 and his friends said she was 16 That didn't last too long. He came over my house one day and, we just goofed around the first time he came over. (later he's give up smoking just so he could have bus fare to come and see me) Then we started calling eachother on the phone even more (we did it before because my ex had given Lincoln my number w/o asking me first). He started asking me what would happen if we went out. Then one night after I got home from work I called him and we started talking,and I said I'd go out with him. Then the next time he came over my house I freaked him out because I gave him a really good kiss on the lips the next time I saw him.

Of course, the nxt time he came over he found out he'd be going to the army and asked me if I wanted to break up because he didn't want to put me through all the stupid miltary crappola...of course I declined. I think I may have yelled at him. But a few weeks after we started seeing eachother (not dating, dating implies that you go places and we were pretty broke, so was my car) Lincoln became an E1 in the US Army.

The 25th of May 2001 I went down to Ft Gordon Ga to visiot Lincoln for memorial day weekend. He was in AIT at the time and I really wasn't suspecting anything. But he proposed to me the day I got down there. Right in front of the housing office at Ft. Gordon because the stupid taxi cabs wouldn't come pick us up...then some guy was nice enough to drive us over to where we were staying. We called pretty much everyone to tell them.

Lincoln got to come back to NY for 2 weeks before he went to Vijongbu South Korea to stay at Camp Red Cloud for a year. The week after he went over there 9/11 went down and I was glad that he was a peon.

After he came back from Korea we got married on the 7th of September, 2002. The day after we were married I went horseback riding then we drove up to Ft. Drum/ Watertown/Calcium (which is actuially wher ft. Drum is) to get some paper work done on the 9th. We jokingly call that our honeymoon, but we think we may end up in Niagra falls or maybe even Las Vegas some time this year. Turns out though that we couldn't get the paper work done and we had gone all that way for nothing. We got my ID card done on the 10th. We flew to Texas on the 11th of September 2002, one year after the attacks on the twin towers and the Pentagon.

Through our almost five years together we've gone through a lot of crap. The army didn't have Lincoln down as married so we never got BAS or BAH until January2003. We had a wanker of a roommate, a few FTX (field training excersizes) that caused missed birthdays. Parent crap, sibling crap friend crap and of course military crap. He got to be here for Abby's birth, but he hasn't gotten to see her reach for her bottle or try to sit herself up yet.But hey a few more months and he's out for good.

The majority of my relationship with Lincoln has been a joint relationship with the army. But we've learned to deal and enjoy what time we get to spend together (as shown with the whole baby thing) But hey, you have to take the good times with the bad because if you didn't have bad times you couldn't appreciate the good.

Where's my romantic getaway?

Chibi Horsewoman[/color]

So yeah, that's pretty much all there is to the story of how Meg and I met.

I did try and warn her about all the crap with the Army, but I guess I'm so perfect she couldn't bear to lose me. Anyhow, it'll be over soon.

I sat down with a friend one night during an exercise prior to deployment and did a bit of math...as it turns out, from NOV '00 to JUNE '05 (when I get out) I'll have spent more time away from her than I have with her. So yeah, we have a couple shoeboxes worth of letters at least, from Basic Training, AIT, Korea and Iraq.

Don't know what else to say that she hasn't already. I love her a lot and I can't wait for us to be rid of the military so we can start living like normal people again.

[color=darkred][size=1]

I've been with my special sweetheart, Kayla, for about 10 months, and its been[B]GREAT![/B] Boy, O boy did I not know what I was missing with that whole 'consistant love' thing! I met her, swooned her, and I just can't get enough of my lovely lady! When whomever said that you know when your in love was right, cuz I have to be in love. I've given up any free weekends for the past year to her. So I guess we aren't getting tired of each other anytime soon.

Love is a beautiful thing... *swoon*.[/color][/size]

I've had some messed up relationships in my life. Only being 17 people tell that I don't know what love truly is, but I honestly think that I do. I have been giong with My fiance Michael for a year and 3 months now and well, we've had our ups and downs in that time period but we always ended up together in the end. And that's what counts. We're really close. We have an undertanding about one another that no one else does. That's reasonalbe though, I know. But alot of peopl etell us that it won't last that something will happen and we'll break up and nothing will fix it. And yes, it worries me alittle because I mean. I love him, more than anything and I would do anything for him. But I wonder somethimes where I would be if it weren'y for him and what peopl edon't realize is he saved me from myself. I was really depressed and I was seriously considering the easy way out (suicide) and he showed me that I wasn't alone and someone DID care about me. So I mean what more can I ask for other than the ring on my finger and him by my side to cuddle with every night nuthin much LOL.