OtakuBoards

Favorite Japanese Song

Albel the Wicked

Guest Kipcha Bakura
[quote name='Captain Jack Sparrow']I don't know if this has been posted, but I just wanted to know other peoples opinions. What is your favorite song? I can't really decide between a couple. It's a tie between My Will (1st season ending to Inuyasha), Otherworld (Rock song from FFX) and Wandering Samuri ( Kenshin endind theme). Those are my favorites, but I do like others. Now I want to know what you guys like. Please, I really want to know.[/quote]

er....i really like fukai mori and every heart from inu yasha! :love:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite Japanese song is Beast of Blood by Malice Mizer. It's a J-Rock song that came out a few years ago and is sang by Klaha. It's a great rock song, and it sounds really wicked. I love the voices and the music, which uses organs to make it sound even more wicked. It's got a Castlevania feel to its sound with the organ and all. The guitarist and synthesist is Mana, and he's great for the song. This song I would give a 10/10, definitely.

Guest ChihiroSin
[COLOR=Red]Oooooooooo, my favorite song is...well, I have alot of favorites I can't name them all! Here's some though:
Dearest
Fuki Muri
Theme from Spirited Away
That's all I can remember!
See ya!
~Emy~[/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i personaly prefer songs by ayumi hamasaki and gackt. i just started to like gackt about a few months ago and ayumi is just out there all the time. they are both great and have wonderful voices and are both good looking. ayumi looks like some one i know and gackt is just like a dream. though some of my friends are trying to get me hooked on dir en grey. dont really know much about those guys so im planning to just stick with gackt and ayumi.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkRed] From an anime, I'd have to say that I like Dearest and Owari nai Yume from Inuyasha, Soramimi Cake from Azumanga Daioh, The Rage Beat and that other song by Nittle Grasper from Gravitation. I also like Gackt and L'Arc~en~Ciel, December Love and READY STEADY GO...[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][COLOR=DarkRed]Now where was I...oh yeah... :sleep:[/COLOR][/FONT]

• 1 month later...
[FONT=TimesNewRoman][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My favorite Japanese song would be...ties between [i]Sou[/i] by Kagrra, [i]No. [666][/i] by Gazette, or [i]Petshop at Shoegazer Tokyo[/i] by Plastic Tree. Ryutaro's voice in that song is so beautiful. I would have mentioned Pierrot's single, [i]Agitator[/i], because it is an awesome song, but I think tying between three is enough...[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

My favorite Japanese songs would have to be:

1.) "kono fuyu no shirosa ni" by GARNET CROW
2.) "Happy Ending" by Ayumi Hamasaki
3.) "Confusion" by Janne Da Arc

I like a lot of other bands/singers like Gackt, Koshi Inaba, GLAY, BoA, and Do As Infinity. :D I really like GARNET CROW, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Gackt.

"Finale," by L'arc-en-Ciel. I got it off of wristcutter's My O, and I'm obsessed with the song for whatever reason. My exposure to Japanese music is, of course, limited, but this is my favorite of what I've heard so far. The funny thing is I don't know what the lyrics mean.

[quote name='Mitch']"Finale," by L'arc-en-Ciel. I got it off of wristcutter's My O, and I'm obsessed with the song for whatever reason. My exposure to Japanese music is, of course, limited, but this is my favorite of what I've heard so far. The funny thing is I don't know what the lyrics mean.[/quote]

I have it translated on my site now, as well as all of the other songs in the top 50: [url]http://haruka.vze.com[/url]

*wonders where mods are*

I am a huge fan of Japanese music. Most of the stuff by that band that plays Heart of Sword (the Kenshin ending theme) is good. All of the Inu-Yasha endings are great. I hate Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi. THey have like two actual rock songs, and the rest is pop. posers. ;) The seatbelts and Yoko Kanno are usually good, but in some shows *caughWolf'sRaincough* they are lacking.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]My knowledge of Japanese music is limited mostly to what I hear on the anime that I watch, so I can't say I have a fair basis for my favorite song. However, as of right now, I absolutely adore 'Over the Sky' by Hitomi and 'Cloud Age Symphony' by Shuntaro Okino, both from Last Exile. Not only are the lyrics to both songs quite beautiful, but the music itself is great too. 'Over the Sky' is light, almost feathery sounding, and has a airy cadence to it. 'Cloud Age Symphony' gets a little bit techno at the end, but it's an upbeat engaging song, and I just can't stop listening to it.

On another note (no pun intended), I love pretty much all of Yoko Kanno's music (especially in GitS:SAC and Cowboy Bebop) and the pillows are great too. Nothing is more fun than trying to sing along to 'Ride on a Shooting Star', lol ^_~[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Here are some of my favorite Japanese songs:

"Acid Rain" by Pierrot, The Sixth Day & The Seventh Night Albums by Gackt, "READY STEADY GO" by L'Arc~en~Ciel, Simple & Clean Remix from Utada Hikaru, Owari nai Yume from Inuyasha, SUPER DRIVE, Glaring Dream, Sleepless beauty & The Rage Beat from Gravitation.[/FONT][/COLOR]

My absolute favorite is "The World" by Yuki Kajura. (sorry if I spelt her last name wrong.) and from what I understand from the lyrics, its about being so afraid of the real world and its trials and tribulations, that you lock yourself in your room and loose yourself in a false RPG world. It also begs the philosophical question; if your life is too sad and your videogame becomes your reality, who is to say that the world you loose yourself is less valid than the reality that we all know?

As a student of philosophy, and a fan of .hack//SIGN...I really appreciate the song in all its depth. ^_^

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]I really liked "Heart Of Swords" from "Runroni Kenshin", and "Invoke" from "Gundam Seed" by T.M. Revolution. T.M. Revolution played a live free concert at Otakon 2003. I didn't get to the concert because I was asleep in my hotel. :laugh:

I also enjoy "Ride On Shooting Star", and " I think I can" from "FLCL" by The Pillows. Those guys rock!

One song that I have no idea who did it, would be "Cool: A world without Logos" the opening theme to "Hellsing".

I was in Barns & Noble in Baltimore for Otakon last year, and they played some anime music over the speakers. One of which was "Cool: A World without logos." A girl came up to me and asked me if I knew the name of that song, because she thought it was cool (no pun intended.). I told her the name, and what is was from. She said thanks, and would see if they had it someplace. I told her only at Suncoast, or the con. She thanked me again, and that was it.

Anime music is hard to find sometimes, huh?

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]