OtakuBoards

Favorite Japanese Song

Albel the Wicked

i guess my favorite japaneese songs would be:

otherworld, by nobuo umatsu. this song rocks.

suteki da ne (i forget who this is by, i think her name was rikkimaru?): this song i heard when playing ffx. i just klike it.

and

one winged angel, by nobuo umatsu: my officcial theme song! XD

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite would have to be "Song of Truth" by Do As Inifinity. I've only heard it as the ending theme for Inuyasha, but it still remains my favorite, although I haven't heard the full thing. ^_~ I also like Ayumi Hamasaki's "Surreal" and Utada Hikaru's
"First Love". Sadly, I cannot find Japanese CDs ANYWHERE, because obviously they have to be imoprted here... Grrr... I will look harder. ::runs off to find CDs::

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I really like DesRow's [i]DaiKenKai[/i], Smile.dk's version of [i]Butterfly[/i], anything from Yoko Kanno, Mai Yamaine and Steven Contre's good, although I don't know if he qualifies.

Also, in an attempt to steal this thread back from Spamness, I give my explantions....

I'm a DDR addict who doesn't get to play very often, so I compensate by finding MP3s. It took my 4 weeks to find DaiKenKai...and then I make the mistake of looking up the lyrics at AnimeLyrics.com...and discovered just what a [i]strange[/i] song that is...is sounds like they took poorly written American rap and had a bad translator translate it into Japanese. Either that, or their translator is really bad...or they just want to confuse the heck out of us. If that's the case, then they seceeded very well.

Butterfly is just so hyper it's addicting. I got my 41 year old father, who is entirely apithetic to [i]anything[/i] anime, addicted to this song. It's not unusual to have him walking through the house singing it. :rolleyes:

I like every Yoko Kanno song I've heard, simply because they're all beautiful. I really really like the song "Tell Me What The Rain Knows" from Wolf's Rain.

As for Mai Yamaine, I like the song "Blue" the best. I like melancholy sad songs for some reason. I love both her and Steve Contre's versions of Rain for that very reason. I have more, but I've written more than enough, I think...don't want to bore people more....[/COLOR]

I like the Pillows. They have some good albums. Thank You, My Twilight is probably my favorite of theirs.

Recently I've been listening to Family Music by YMCK. It's basically Famicom (NES) music with a Japanese girl singing her own lyrics over it. It's pretty interesting because, from what I can tell, the music itself is from actual games and not something the group composed (like other 8-bit groups). Fun stuff.

[quote name='Ein08']Sorry, to add one last thing. I pretty much like all the songs that are the endings for Inuyasha!! ^_^ Hehe.[/quote]

[color=#B0251E]Ein08, please be aware that double (and triple) posting is against the rules at OB. I recommend checking our rules page on the left navigation menu for further clarification. It seems to me that your posts are pretty reasonable quality, but I'd really like to see attention paid to our rules.

Thanks. If you have any concerns, you can post in the Suggestions & Feedback forum about it.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
my top 10 favorite J-pop songs will have to be

1. Humming 7-4 By Ayumi Hamasaki
2. Because of You By Ayumi Hamasaki
3. Come with Me By Koda Kumi
4. Real Emotion By Koda Kumi
5. Gentlemen By Kaori Natori
6. Hikari By Utada Hikaru
7. Hey Girl By Hyori Lee
8. No. 1 By BoA
9. Come By Namie Amuro
10. M By Ayumi Hamasaki

[COLOR=DarkGreen][FONT=Arial]Obviously the soundtrack to cowboy bebop. Its soo cool. It made me like jazz.

Also, the opening theme to Naruto on the 2nd season or w/e: Haruka Kanata by the Asian Kung-Fu Generation. It's rock so hard. Im seriously addicted, i cant stop listening to it...[/FONT][/COLOR]

I also like the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack, (especially Rain) and the FLCL soundtrack. I even have some japanese songs but they are not translated so I don't know the names, but I still like them (even though they were made in the 80's, nothing wrong with that) :D

I've only heard a few Japanese songs, few to none of them being outside of the anime theme song genre. The ones I really like are "The Real Folk Blues", the ending theme to Yu Yu Hakusho (the one that plays during the Sensui storyarc), the second ending theme to Inu-Yasha, and "Simple and Clean" by Hikari Utada

I knew it! I'm alone in the world! :animecry: I'm not surprised at all when people say that the only japanese song they've heard is from a anime. Once someone came up to me and sai "Dir en grey rocks! I heard one of their songs last night on the radio!" I tell them they are full of crap and to go shoot themselves in the head.

[QUOTE] Originally Posted by [B]Dielover[/B]
Obscure by Dir en grey
Am I the only one who listens to japanese music? anyway, another favorite is Cage by Dir en grey
p.s. my favorite Gackt song is Vanilla[/QUOTE] [COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Yes! [B]Gackt[/B]! [I]Vanilla[/I]...I got my little brother into that one. But I like [I]Marmalade[/I] and [I]Mizerable[/I]. [I]Acid Rain[/I] as I have mentioned before by [B]Pierrot[/B] is also pretty good in my opinion. And [I]Coming Closer[/I] from [B]L'Arc~en~Ciel[/B] rocks.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest krillin1001
well as for me, i like :

Deen
Hitomi
Do as infinity
V6
Every little thing
Zard
aikawa nanase

and much more...

[COLOR=RoyalBlue][FONT=Palatino Linotype]Gackt? Naughty? Never...^__^ ((Evil grin)) Sarcasm...Vanilla...

Naughtyness is very much implied. :p

[QUOTE] Originally sung by [B]Gackt[/B] in [I]Vanilla[/I]
kimi no oku made tadoritsukitai - I want to struggle on until I'm inside of you...[/QUOTE] He he...one of the many examples. Need I say more?
[QUOTE] Originally spoken by [B]Mina-P[/B], the one who translated this.
How I love this song; be glad you're not watching his live video or else you'd be getting a nose bleed.[/QUOTE] Hmm...I guess I'm going to have to get that DVD of his concert, won't I? :D [/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest nino*chan
Hmm..I guess my top ten would have to be...

1) Tightrope from Saiyuki
2) Hey Jimmy! from Peacemaker Kurogane
3) White Night from DNAngel
4) New World from .Hack//legend of the twilight
5) Broken Wings from .Hack//Sign
6) Every Heart from Inu Yasha
7) Sakura Drops from First Love
8) The Opening song for Gundam Seed
9) The Opening Song for Saiyuki
10) For Fruits Basket from (well) Fruits Basket