OtakuBoards

What kind of bishounen do you drool over?

ukoku

[color=blue][font=Trebuchet MS]Update to bishie list:

Ban Midou - Get Backers
Thunder Emperor - Get Backers
Kira - Gundam Seed
Yuki - Gravitation
Ed - Full Metal Alchemist
Sanosuke - Rurouni Kenshin
Ichigo - Bleach
Satoshi - DNAngel
Sasuke - Naruto
Kamuro - Kamikaze
Ryuhou - Scryed
Itachi - Naruto

*Phew* So many.... *hugs all of them*[/color][/font]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I'm not a big fan of anime/manga, unfortunately, but I hope I still apply.
My favorite manga being One Piece, it's rather difficult to say and I'm not sure if it even counts... I really don't consider anyone in OP even remotely "bishie" (I don't care what anyone says, Sanji is NOT effeminate!hawt-- the guy has leg hair, for chrissakes!), except for, uhm, young!Iceburg, but there are a number of guys very dead sexy in their own strange wacky One Piece way. Even Usopp, yes. [I]Have you seen him without his bandanna? <3[/I]

Fullmetal Alchemist counts though, 'cos it's chock full of hot guys like Envy and Ed and Roy. My favorite bishounens are Hughes, Greed, and Dorochet. But they're not really bishies, are they...? Oh wait, no, I like Ling too.

So I guess my favorite bishies aren't really bishies.

It was cool seeing some straight guys' take on this, though.

Hakkai:Saiyuki
Sanzo:Saiyuki
Riyuho:S-Cry-Ed
Dark: DNAngel
Satoshi: DNAngel
Future Trunks: Dragon Ball Z
Koga:Inuyasha
Jin:Samurai Champloo
Kiba:Wolf's Rain
Kenshin:Rurouni Kenshin
Sasuke:Naruto
Kira:Gundam Seed
Atherine:Gundam Seed
Kurama:Yu Yu Hakusho
Hyei:Yu Yu hakusho
Night:Absolute Boyfriend
Inuyasha:Inuyasha
Vash:Trigun
Matt: Digimon
I don't remember his name, :animeswea but that guy with blue hair and a bandana from Blue Gender who ended up dying :animecry:

[quote name='Howlingvampire4']I don't remember his name, :animeswea but that guy with blue hair and a bandana from Blue Gender who ended up dying :animecry:[/quote][COLOR=#503F86]Oh, you mean [spoiler]Joey[/spoiler]. I liked him, too. I always seem to find favourite cheracters in those that get killed. It's rather frustrating.

Anyway, please remember to give [b]reasons[/b] as to why you drool over specific bishounen. Simple lists constitute as spam, really.

There is a range of different characters that I like.Characters like Syaoran (does anyone know how to pronounce that, by the way?) from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle I really like because I can identify with their loyalty and devotion to the people they care about. That, and he has cool hair.

Oddly, in Fruits Basket I think more of Kyo than I do of Yuki even though Yuki's character is more like my own. I think Kyo is more interesting as a person and it's his struggle with himself that keeps me watching him over Yuki.

Kaworu of Evangelion was one of my first 'Oh, how cool!' characters that I saw in anime- the red eyes are very becoming, and his temperament is something I can also identify with as a character.

I think a lot of the attracion in these comes from the designs of the characters themselves- I'm usually a fan of short and/or long spiky (or at least unkempt) hair and I know that the characters aren't real, essentially. That doesn't mean I don't find them appealing anyway, but some people seem to have unhealthy fascinations with people who don't exist in physical terms. I'd never get that obsessed, heh.

There are times when I see yaoi doujin and the guys look hideously anorexic. And then anorexic with muscles o_o; That kind of body just doesn't appeal to me, which is why I couldn't be attracted to Vash unless he kept his jacket on. I much prefer more normal body shapes.[/COLOR]

[Quote]I always seem to find favourite cheracters in those that get killed. It's rather frustrating.[/Quote]

Agh, I know what you mean. I think it's safe to say that every dead character in Fullmetal Alchemist is a favorite of mine.

And just so this post can remain vaguely on-topic:
Does a bishounen always have to be physically "good-looking?" Do unattractive characters [with really sweet, charming, suave, etc. personalities] count?

• 1 month later...
I have a mini list of favored bishies, all of which have a soft place in hy heart.

[B]Touya Kinomoto and Yukito Tsukishiro (CCS)[/B]: My first bishies ever. Considering that I've been a CLAMP fan for years, I love how they brought these two back in Tsubasa.

[B]Jin(Samurai Champloo)[/B]: I respect this bishi--it must be the quietness that surrounds him, it's a little comforting for me.

[B]Keele Zeibel (Tales of Eternia)[/B]: From an obscure anime and videogame called Tales of Eternia. I first discovered it in middle school and out right fell in love with a picture of this nerdy mage. But didn't get my PS2 until my freshman year. It took me a while to find a copy, and there was only one in the entirety of EB games! No way I'm selling this game.

Still, Keele is roughly the kind of person I wanted to be for years. He's the very reason why I pushed myself in high school and now in the college classes I'm taking. Otherwise, I'd be an average student who probably woudn't have made it in life.

[B]Fai D. Flowright (Tsubasa)[/B]: Gotta love the silliness about him. And his incessant teasing of poor Kuro-Tan!

[B]Ni Jianyi (Saiyuki)[/B]i: This mad scientist scares me a little, but I can't help but find myself drawn to him as well. Hm. It must be the bunnies.

[B]Alphonse Elric (Fullmetal Alchemist)[/B]: I feel for the little guy, he has to put up with a lot of crap from everyone. Besides that, he seems so childish at times, yet he is arguably one of the most intelligent characters in the series. And, it's a little frightening, but I can find several parallels between him and Scar... :animeswea

[B]Nicholas D Wolfwood (Trigun)[/B]: Is he even a bishi? I don't know, but I respect him a lot, both for his wit and his will. He's one funny guy, but he knows how to elicit a few tears on the viewer's part.

and, finally

[B]Rain Jewlitt (Immortal Rain)[/B]: I can't help but feel for this guy; he's a spaz like I can be IRL, and yet he carries with him this profound saddness. There are times when I just want to hug the guy, and let him know that everything is all right.

[COLOR=Orange]bad boys...kyo(furuba) kenshin(rurouni kenshin)...i also like bad boyish...bishounen...yuki(furuba..)sesho(inuyasha),haru(furuba..kiba(wolf's rain..)and all the guys from furuba!!i like anime guys who..hav mysterious pasts..or som kind of sorow..and i also like people..who r determined..or smile wen they really mean...it...kyo...haru..yuki..[/COLOR]

Oooh a fangirling spot heh heh. Well this seems fun, allow me to join. I noticed my anime type is a lot different than my real life type...(thinks) Or is it...eh...I can sum up my list for you all right now: Gay, blonde, white hair, psycho, thieves.

[B]Eiri Yuki from Gravitation-[/B] He's got issues and in anime that's hot with a capital H. He's blonde, he's angsty, he's tall and that smile/smirk melts my fangirl heart. And smoking, while a huge turn off for me in real life, is hot here. Weird...

[B]Krad from DNAngel-[/B] Hee again with the blonde, only Krad is more crazy/homicidal. Krad is an interesting one and he's as gay as Yuki up there so I wouldn't have a shot with him anyway. And he'd kill me. But he's hot.

[B]Wolfram from Kyou Kara Maou-[/B] Ten points if you guessed he's blonde and pissy. He has catchphrases though! ('wimp' and 'cheater') Um and he's cute with kids.

[B]Yami no Bakura from YuGiOh-[/B] A non-blonde but the start of my white hair fetish. He's also psycho. I love me some psychos. And thieves. He's white hair, psycho and thief so yeah...

[B]Kaworu/Kaoru from NGE-[/B] White hair and red eyes and angelic to boot ^_~ Wow. And him and Shinji...

[B]chaos from Xenosaga-[/B] Since it's now an anime, I can say him. Cause he's white hair, angelic, hot and secretly angsty.

[B]Mute from Princess Tutu-[/B] The white hair thing? Yeah...and angst...and stuff.

[B]Lyserg from Shaman King-[/B] He has enough angst to break the pattern

And honorable mentions goes to: Dark (DNAngel), Yuki (Fruits Basket), Kurama (YYH), Tsukasa (.hack), Satoshi (DNAngel), Dios (Last Exile), Ken (Digimon), Akira (Hikaru no Go, the only reason I watch is for him and Hikaru's rivalness)

I think I could handle them all ^_~ Angst and psychos and all.

[quote name='Solo Tremaine][COLOR=#503F86]Anyway, please remember to give [b]reasons[/b'] as to why you drool over specific bishounen. Simple lists constitute as spam, really.[/COLOR][/quote][color=#4B0082]This still holds true. Lists with no rhyme or reason to go with them get deleted.

Oh, and I drool over myself. :drool:[/color]

[COLOR=#656448][SIZE=1][quote name='slipshod sailor]Does a bishounen always have to be physically "good-looking?" Do unattractive characters [with really sweet, charming, suave, etc. personalities'] count?[/quote]In my opinion, yes. A bishounen must be, first and foremost, [i]beautiful[/i] (hence the prefix 美 "bi", the character affixed to all things lovely). Never mind that he's a narcissistic prat or Malevolence made human; as long he can make girls (and boys) swoon, he's bishounen. Prime examples would be [b]Hisoka[/b] from HunterxHunter and [b]Nii Jienyi[/b] *swoons* from Saiyuki.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Where do I start?... :animeblus...just kidding! I adore my one and only bishie, Kakashi!!! :animeshy: hehe..but im lying when I say he's my "one and only"!

[U]Here are all my Bishie!![/U]
1- Kakashi Hatake from Naruto- I absolutely love his super mysterious perverted ways.
2-Mugen from Samurai Champloo- He's got that bad boy appeal going for him!
3-Roy Mustang from Full Metal Alchemist- There's just something about being in charge...
4-Sessy-kun from Inu-Once again..there's just something about him...
5-Hiei from Yuyu-Hakusho- Don't let his height fool you. He packs a punch, especially for his enemies.
6-Shigure from Fruits Basket- Not so mysterious as Kakashi, but just as annoying! :animesmil
7-Aoshi from Rurouni Kenshin- OH! A ninja on a rampage for destruction! Need I say more?
8-Itachi from Naruto- YES, another one from Naruto. And Kakashi's enemy at that! Does that make me odd? Seriously...I've been thinking about this for a while...SOMEBODY HELP ME!!! :animestun

There are more, but these are the major bishies for me!!

• 4 weeks later...
[CENTER][COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Century Gothic]ok. be honest. we've all liked someone at somepoint. but, what about anime, manga, and video games? who's hot there? i know a few people who have said Sesshumeru is hot. (did i spell that right? :animeknow i don't think so.) my cousin admitted that he liked tea from Yu-gi-Oh! i chucked and said, "Hey Yami, looks like you got some competition!" :animesmil :animeswea :animesmil

ok now i'll admit something, *gets all dramatic* ok! fine! i think Yami Yugi is hot! :animesmil he he. well, he is! there are a lot of guys who i think are cool. like, i would like them as a friend. Like Sauske from Naruto. he's cool. kinda quiet, but cool. Inu Yasha would be an interesting friend. THOSE EARS ARE SO CUTE! :animeswea I've got a while list. but i can't think of it now.

Who's [I]your[/I] secret crush?
well, maybe it's not a secret.....
hey, just tell us![/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Guest kuroinuyoukai
Ok well- I am into older guys and i am one of the ones that like Sesshomaru. I think's he's a beautiful creature.I think Edward Elric is cute(no, I am not a pedophile and I think Inuyasha and Koga are cute too. Bankotsu(from Inuyasha) and the dark haired thunder brother from Inuyasha("what was his name!?!") was kinda cute too.

well i think yami yugi is hot and so is Kai Hiwatari, Inuyasha and Syaoron Li and yes me and my friends r always commenting on whther or not a certain anime guy is hot at one point me and one of my best friends both had a MAJOR crush on Atemu/Yami Yugi and we kinda still do :animeblus

Guest kuroinuyoukai
Ok If anyone has read some of my other posts- they will know my answer is...Sesshomaru! He's almost too pretty. He has dignity and class. Plus he tells it like it is(like I sometimes do) and he is extremely arrogant. I have always fallen for guys who I knew I would probably have no chance in "you know where" with! I am pathetic I know!

[quote name='kuroinuyoukai']Ok well- I am into older guys and i am one of the ones that like Sesshomaru. I think's he's a beautiful creature.I think Edward Elric is cute(no, I am not a pedophile and I think Inuyasha and Koga are cute too. Bankotsu(from Inuyasha) and the dark haired thunder brother from Inuyasha("what was his name!?!") was kinda cute too.[/quote]

His name is Hiten. And he was kind of cute. To bad they killed him. And Bankotsu was sooo hott!!! Why did they have to kill him. I'm sure they could have changed his mind. But noooo...... I love Koga he's so cool, plus he's really hott. Cant beat that.

• 1 month later...
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Everyone who knows me knows that I would definitely say Riku from Kingdom Hearts because he is so charming and cute. But, this is anime, so I'll pick someone else that I also think is cute.

I would have to say that Bakura, Malik and Dartz from Yu-Gi-Oh! would have to be my pick. And yes, everyone, I still like Yu-Gi-Oh! and still find it as great show thank you very much[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT] :animesmil

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]Anyways, I really think that these guys are really cute (not hot. lol) because they are so beautiful and handsome to me.

1)Bakura because he is very cute, charming, childish and very handsome. He was the very first person that I liked because of his cuteness and child-like innocence. And his smile... I still blush and giggle like a little girl as if he's really smiling at me. [/COLOR] [/SIZE] [/FONT] :animenose :animeblus :animeshy:

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]2) Malik because he really is wonderful with his tan and light blonde hair. Other people might have hated him, but I was all like, "Go Malik!!" His hair is so long, which is what I find very attractive about him. Spikey at the top and long and straight in the front and back.... I actually wanted to reach into the screen and hug him and his beautiful hair[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]. :animesmil

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=Navy]3) And Dartz. Oh my... have any of you seen him? His manly body, light-green long hair tied at the end, his green and yellow eyes.... and his eyelashes. I just can't get over those cute eyelashes!! Even though he was evil, in the end, he realized what he did wrong, so he apologized. I was all like, "Awww.. it's okay, Dartz."

I know, I'm so weird, but I know that they aren't real, so I'm not all possesive of them, but, I like to dream and think that they're actually real, you know[/COLOR][/SIZE]??[/FONT]
:animesmil :animenose :animeblus :animeshy:

Guest jedesToboe
I am a fangirly mostly of the big, protecter guys. Except, half the time, I think Inuyasha acts like he needs to be neutered...ahem, ahem, lol...
But I like the quiet ones, and the kind ones who stick around - ooh, and the funny ones. Lol, wrap them all up and I'll take my pick...

Inuyasha (Inuyasha)
Jin (Samurai Champloo)
Mugen...maybe, lol. (Samurai Champloo)
Kiba (WR)
Hige (WR)

[COLOR=Purple]Well, I more easily fall in love with charachters for their personality then for their looks (and go on to write millions of fanfiction about them :animeblus) though there are a few male charachters I like for their sexayness...

Kenshin Himura - Rurouni Kenshin - Oh, come on, have you seen his shirtless pics? The guy is.... just... damn!

Yuri - Shadow Hearts Covenant - Okay, it's a video game, but still, this guy is nice. He's got a great figure and... :animeblus this is embarassing!

Inuyasha - InuYasha - I don't actually think he's [i]hot[/i] I think he's adorable! I wanna get one of those little inu plushies and just hug it to death! He's so cute when he's embarassed :catgirl: [/COLOR]

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=Red][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]The bishounen I like the most are typically the bad boys, the misunderstood, or the thrill seekers. ...and are usually extremely powerful, mysterious, and cryptic. Like, for example...Alucard from Hellsing, Yami Bakura from Yu-Gi-Oh, Malik from Yu-Gi-Oh, Aion from Chrno Crusade, D from Vampire Hunter D, and so on. I also have an affinity for gentler characters that have an extreme amount of power but rarely use it. Like Chrno from Chrno Crusade. :catgirl: [/FONT] [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

• 1 month later...
the bishounen i [b] LOVE [/b] the most is [b] GENJO SANZO [/b] from [b] SAIYUKI![/b]
actually, cho hakkai caught my eye first but as soon as the story goes on, little by little i started to like sanzo-kun! [how can i like a good man at first but it turns out that i'm more addicted with the ill-tempered one? O__o]

i just like him for him... everything that has happened seems so very painful for him and he's just like "i couldn't protect him." a man full of solitude and just don't want to lose someone important in his life anymore.. T__T [i'm really so into him XD]

[QUOTE=sanzy]the bishounen i [b] LOVE [/b] the most is [b] GENJO SANZO [/b] from [b] SAIYUKI![/b]
actually, cho hakkai caught my eye first but as soon as the story goes on, little by little i started to like sanzo-kun! [how can i like a good man at first but it turns out that i'm more addicted with the ill-tempered one? O__o]

i just like him for him... everything that has happened seems so very painful for him and he's just like "i couldn't protect him." a man full of solitude and just don't want to lose someone important in his life anymore.. T__T [i'm really so into him XD][/QUOTE]
i like sanzo too but i like gojyo better!!something about his gruff attitude and pervertedness attracted me!!XD!!!lol!! :animesmil