OtakuBoards

5 Most under rated and over rated bands or artists

ChibiHorsewoman

[QUOTE=QuincyArcher]Hmm interesting enough topic, i guess i'll put in my Two-Cents (though im going to limit myself to 3 in each catagory):

[U][B]Underrated:[/B][/U]

1. Metric - A Pop/Rock band out of canada that i heard about a couple summers ago. A very good band with a unique style of integrating synthesizers with an almost punk rock style of music that works really well. And the Vocalist (Emily Haines) has a very silky smooth voice. I've heard they've been on MTV2 a couple times, but i guess not enough people paid attention to them for their sound to catch on in the states. I've also seen them live once, they put on a great show and they're really good at improvising mid-song :eek:

2. Stereolab - This band has been around since the late 80s early 90s yet i still feel like im the only person who's ever heard of them. They're actually pretty popular in Europe & Japan, but I guess their sound never really caught on in America.

3. Elliot Smith - From my hometown of Portland, OR. this guy could play the best acoustic guitar that i have ever heard in my life, his songs were all really deep and filled with emotion (Needle In the Hay is still one of my favorites). though unfortunately before he found any major mainstream success, he took his own life on Oct 21, 2003. I hope you rest in peace Elliot Smith. :(

[/QUOTE]

Nice choices, I commend you. However, being the music/Elliott Smith snob that I am, I must correct you and say that it's "Elliott", not "Elliot".

It's hard to do underrated, maybe another time. But overrated:

U2
Taking Back Sunday
Nirvana

Me = Lazy
Explanations = Apparent without my own words.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic