OtakuBoards

What are you 'addicted' to?

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]The only reason I thought this thread up was because I was on Stilacosmetics.com staring at their limited edition lipstick and realizing that I was becomming addicted to online shopping and make up I really shouldn't be buying. So now I'm wondering are there things that [i]you[/i] are 'addicted' to. Not in a bad way, just in a strange, I have to do it at least once a day thing.

I am addicted to playing the gravity tiles on my majong game on the computer. Just hearing the strange sucking noise makes me want to play more.

I like to go on the make up sites for Sephora and Stila because there might be something I want and there are all these free offers from the websites. You can get delux samples of all kinds of stuff. I think part of it is just that I like to look in my medicine cabinet in the bathroom and see all my make up.

Then of course, there's chocolate...but I'm not [i]as[/i] addicted as I am to the make up sites.[/color]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm somewhat addicted to buying anime. So I guess that, too, plays into the whole "online shopping" thing. :p

Seriously, though, deal-hunting can be a lot of fun... stumbling across a great sale is actually rather exhilarating. I just have to make sure I don't start purchasing stuff solely because it's cheap and/or some kind of limited edition thing.

~Dagger~

Jelly Bellies. With most candies, if you eat too much, you eventually get sick of them. The problem with Jelly Bellies is that there are so many damn flavors you can't get sick of them. God, I spend about $8 a week on this stuff and have been doing so for almost a year. I mourn when thinking about all the stuff that money could have gone to.

[COLOR=DarkRed][SIZE=1]I'm addicted to a bunch of things...there's Wendy's, well fast food in general. Though I've slowly been taking fast food out of my diet. Sushi! I love sushi. It's yum yum to the max. Anime...though i've been doing good with cold turkey about my purchasing...My manga addiciton's flared up, i've bought 3 manga in less than a week >_>;; yeah... Soda is another addiction of mine, Dr. Pepper makes the world better. And there is always tea. My favorites seem to be green or chai, but...nevertheless if in not drinking soda...its tea...unless its breakfast time...then its either a glass of milk...or a can of soda because i woke up late and have to run to my car to drive to campus.... [/SIZE] [/COLOR]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman][color=darkviolet] I was becomming addicted to online shopping and make up I really shouldn't be buying. So now I'm wondering are there things that [i]you[/i'] are 'addicted' to.[/color][/quote]

This is such a problem lol. I think when you don't actually see what you're buying or physically see the money you're spending, you don't really think about what you're doing. I wind up spending money on things online that I'd just be like "why do I need this" if it was at some brick and mortar store.

I don't think I really buy anything online to the extent that I'm addicted, although I do buy a shitload of music and Shin Megami Tensei related stuff for a site I'm working on. eBay is a major problem for me and I tend to buy too much on there.

Otherwise, I find myself addicted to t-shirts and Sour Patch Kids (although to a lesser extent than I used to be). I have so many t-shirts it's ridiculous and I have no reason to own as many as I do. I have such a hard time giving the things up. It's kind of sad when I think about it lol.

[QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel]This is such a problem lol. I think when you don't actually see what you're buying or physically see the money you're spending, you don't really think about what you're doing. I wind up spending money on things online that I'd just be like "why do I need this" if it was at some brick and mortar store.
[/QUOTE]
I've bought so much stupid junk on the internet just because of this.

Also goldfish (crackers) is like crack for me.

[color=#334366]I think my biggest addiction is Coca Cola. Other than water, milk and OJ...it's the drink I have the most. Yum.

Other than that, I'm not really sure. I think I am slowly becoming addicted to buying movie posters; I already have a ton that haven't yet been framed up. But thankfully I can't afford to buy all the posters I want. Lack of money can curb an addiction for sure. ~_^[/color]

[color=darkslategray]I think my addiction is internet. And I've been trying to cut it down. Tonight/today, I've failed miserably with it (seeing it's 2:30 something in the New York state). But I plan on stopping it soon..

I've been slowly getting addicted to buying manga. I don't have too many different mangas, but I have been collecting sets. I've purchased all of Chobits and The Demon Ororon; and I'm collecting Hellsing, Angel Sanctuary*, Tsubasa: The Resevoir Chronicles, xXx-Holic, and Negima! But money has been rendering me from catching up on the manga, lol.

Food-wise? Well, peanut butter and jelly sammiches. I practically live off of them. That and Cherry Coke.[/color]

I dont drink, smoke or do any drugs of any kind. but i do have a couple addictions, the first one is Meat. it may sound stupid or not like an addiction, but i love meat and i have to have some kinda meat in every meal or it just doesnt feel like a meal to me, and if i have to go an entire day without meat i literally go insane and force myself to drive to Carl's Jr. at 3am to get a burger or something.

My second addiction would have to Final Fantasy XI. i've been playing that game online for about a year now and im still going strong, i easily spend a minimum of 10-15 hours a week in the world of Vana'diel and most of the time i'll spend a lot more than that.

And finally my third addiction would have to be anime/manga i spend wayyy too much money on that stuff and not to mention a 120gig hard drive completely filled with nothing but anime that i've downloaded over the past couple years. my dvd collection has easily gone over $1500 (those out-of-print collector's boxes can be pretty spendy to get my hands on) and i've easily spent over $250 on various manga (both english and japanese). but i haven't regretted buying any of it, every dvd i own i've watched several times through and every manga i own i've read several times through, so i feel that i've definately gotten my money's worth.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][COLOR=Sienna]I'm totally addicted to bass!

I'm addicted to Club Orange, Nik-Nak's, and Kit-Kat's. At the moment, I'm addicted to The OC, it's such a funny show, although it's a shame they got rid of that blond chick who played Anna. She was fine!

Oh, and Zombie movies, definatly addicted to those!

I have a friend who's addicted to touching himself. [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I'm addicted to my childhood. I just can't let go of the fact that I'm about to be 20 years old and that I'm in my second year of college. I still want Barbies, I still want toys, I still want Kid's Meals from McDonald's for the cute My Little Ponys in them. My favorite color is pink and everything I own is pink. Heck, I even have pink hair right now. I don't think I'm ever going to grow up, even though I really do need to.

I'm also addicted to chicken. Namely Sonic's Chicken Club Toaster, Zaxby's, and Chik-fil-A. I could eat chicken all day and all night and never get tired of it.[/color][/size]

[color=#ff6600]I don't really spend a lot of money. I guess the thing that I buy most regularly would be stickers. I love stickers. I've been collecting them for about a year now, and I just have the most ridiculous amount of them.

But they're so much fun. They're small, and colorful--annd they stick to things!

i guess you could say things are getting pretty serious,
Sara[/color]

[quote name='QuincyArcher']And finally my third addiction would have to be anime/manga i spend wayyy too much money on that stuff and not to mention a 120gig hard drive completely filled with nothing but anime that i've downloaded over the past couple years. my dvd collection has easily gone over $1500 (those out-of-print collector's boxes can be pretty spendy to get my hands on) and i've easily spent over $250 on various manga (both english and japanese). but i haven't regretted buying any of it, every dvd i own i've watched several times through and every manga i own i've read several times through, so i feel that i've definately gotten my money's worth.[/quote][font=trebuchet ms]You are so rich....

I would have to say that I'm addicted to the Looney Toons character Taz. Since I was 13, I always thought that he was so cool. It's gotten to the point that everyone who knows me, knows that I'm a Taz freak, so on special ocassions (birthday,valentine's day,etc.) I always get Taz stuffed animals, boxers, candy, or whatever. And now since Baby Looney Toons come on everyday, I just luuuv :love: Baby Taz!

Ahem...heh, but anyways, as far as food is concerned, I am so addicted to Haagen Dazs': Dulce De Leche ice cream. It is so damn good!! It's like Yum x 10. I could eat a pint of it everyday, I'd end up fat but...blaa.[/font]

[quote name='Zombie_Nosh][font=trebuchet ms']I have a friend who's addicted to touching himself.[/font][/quote]
[font=trebuchet ms]Ha! That was a good laugh! :laugh: [/font]

[COLOR=#004a6f]I'm addicted to flavored coffee at Tim Hortons, which is a Canadian coffee and doughnut shop, kind of like starbucks, but not all that choice with different cuppacinos and lattes. The fact that the city I live in has the most Tim Hortons in the country (you can find one every few blocks) doesn't help with my addiction :p . The flavored coffee comes in three flavors: Cafe Mocha, English Toffee and French Vanilla. My favorite is English Toffee :tasty: . So good....[/COLOR]

[color=#ff6600]Actually, something else occured to me while reading about Quincy's collections. Though I haven't boughten any recently, I [i]cringe[/i] to think how much money I have spent on books throughout my life. I have no idea how many books I have (and many, thankfully were bough seconhand on on discount from a school book order), but they fill several [url=http://p.office1000.com/mp9/221295rbr.jpg]rubbermaid boxes[/url], not to mention the ones I actually have on bookshelves.

They make me happy, though.

inside a dog,
Sara[/color]

[quote name='Queen Asuka][color=hotpink][size=1]I'm also addicted to chicken. Namely Sonic's Chicken Club Toaster, Zaxby's, and Chik-fil-A. I could eat chicken all day and all night and never get tired of it.[/color'][/size][/quote]

You could at least get good fastfood chicken. Popeye's for life!

[color=#334366]I totally identify with Tori's comment about eating chicken 24/7. As far as I'm concerned, chicken is the food of kings. I can eat it with rice, BBQ'd, in spicy sauce, among a salad, in a sandwich, as part of a soup, in a pie, on a pizza, etc...

Such a versatile animal. [/color]

[quote name='Semjaza Azazel']You could at least get good fastfood chicken. Popeye's for life![/quote]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Yeah, Popeye's is awesome and such, but I'm pretty much limited to what I can get in Athens right now and I don't know where a Popeye's is. The places I mentioned are either on campus or on the way to Walmart.

And GOSH, James, I know! I have chicken every single day somehow or another. Whether I have a chicken salad sandwich or sweet and sour chicken from a chinese place, chicken is there and it is so so so so so good.

Of course, it might not be very good for me to be saying all of this because I am starving to death and don't get to go home and eat for about four or more hours. *dies* Stupid Kix cereal doesn't sustain me for ANYTHING![/color][/size]

[quote name='Mysia']I'm addicted to cleaning. I just have to keep my apartment keep no matter what. I think it's a good thing but sometimes I just want to sleep but I can't because I know there's something waiting to be cleaned.[/quote]

[color=darkviolet]Hey, if you want to clean something new and different, I'll send you my address and you can come clean my house. I'll even pay you. :D

I'm addicted to Clearance Sales especially at Victoria's Secret. I spent [spoiler]$140[/spoiler] there back in January...shh. I got a crap load of stuff though.

I also love outlet shopping. You've never lived until you've gone to San Marcos in Texas and gone to two outlet Malls, one across from the other in one day.[/color]

I am addicted to this....thing that is green....god what is its name? I think it is a plant...I am not too sure....Myan! what is its name?! :nervous: Aha! That is right, marijuana. :p

What am I addicted to?

Arizona Green Tea. I can't get enough of that stuff. I have at least 10 jugs of this stuff out in my garage, waiting for me. The next one always tastes better, heh.

I am addicted to buying computer parts. That is my number one addiction right now. I have been buying things like crazy for my computer. New motherboard, new heatsink/fan, power supply, memory...I have to stop. >_< Stuff I don't even need, lol.

And Knights of the Old Republic 2. That game has my life right now. Must play. Taking all my will power to not play right now. ^_^;; :love:

[color=darkslategray]First off: Chicken is the only meat.

Now that's out of the way, I thought of one more thing. I don't know if you'd call it an addiction (I find it is). I've been known for this, and it may drive everyone insane; changing my banners/avatars and myO site theme. I have to do it maybe three times a month XD

My friends are always yelling at me to stop. I can't though, it's just something I do.[/color]

Lol, that is so easy for me, the first thing that came to mind when I saw the name of the thread is " EverQuest ." I was addicted to that game forever, and I recently stopped playing ( as hardcore as I did before), I used to play every waking second that I had (not counting school). You can ask Kaz or anyone else that knows me, I literally was addicted, it wasn't all that bad though. I still love that game so much even though SoE has done their best to screw it to hell. :flaming:

I find myself now addicted to just sitting on my butt, chatting with my friends on the net while browsing my favorite EverQuest messageboard (Mage Compendium, for those who may know of it, I'm Deadcorpz) Although recently a great tragedy has befallen our community, the top mage in EQ, mage class correspondant, and a great guy, Anduran The Artisan, died on February 3.