OtakuBoards

What are you 'addicted' to?

ChibiHorsewoman

Guest Yamasaki
I guess I would be addicted to computers, electronics, and anime I guess

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: Please explain why you are addicted to the items you listed. What about these items do you enjoy so much. Thanks. -Panda[/COLOR]

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, [COLOR=Sienna][B]chocolate [/B][/COLOR]has always been an addiction of sorts for me. It's one that I've been able to kick, though, from time to time. My need for it is often linked to my physical state (I feel less of a need for it when I'm keeping up my working out routine) and to how I'm feeling, of course.

Funny how any mood can call for chocolate - "[I]I'm happy, let's celebrate with chocolate![/I]", "[I]I'm sad, I need to console myself with chocolate[/I]", "[I]I'm bored, where's the chocolate?[/I]" and so on :p

There are plenty of things I [I]pine [/I]for (and would fuss about not getting) but out of that long list, I would have to say that physical touch is the only one that would earn a spot on the 'addicted to' list, because I do suffer from withdrawal if I go too long without it. I'm a physical person in general (with people I'm comfortable with) and, when it comes to affection/love, my family has always been more about physical communication than verbal. So hugs/nuzzles makes me feel safe, calm and loved :catgirl:

[QUOTE=Mimmi]
There are plenty of things I [i]pine [/i]for (and would fuss about not getting) but out of that long list, I would have to say that physical touch is the only one that would earn a spot on the 'addicted to' list, because I do suffer from withdrawal if I go too long without it. [/QUOTE]
[b]lol-- That sounds like me, as well, but luckily, snuggly pets are enough to stave off the withdrawals, and I've got plenty of the little beasts lying about.[/b]

[color=darkviolet]Is it safe to say that I'm addicted to the color purple, collecting cosmetics, and underwear? Ok, sorry, I guess all ya'll didn't need to know about the underwear! :animeswea Sorry!

But I am addicted to Sephora and Victoria's secret. And I have to use purple when I write. Heck, when I get on post housing at Ft Drum in a few months I'm going to ask if I can paint one of the rooms purple since my bedroom back home is purple. I miss my room!

I guess you could also say that I'm addicted to babbling on and on and on about everything. But yeah, I think I am![/color]

Computers. Phone. Music. Usual teenage stuff.

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: Please put more effort into your response. Explain why you are addicted to these items you listed. What about the computer do you enjoy? Why is music so important to you? We want quality posts not just lists of items. Thanks! -Panda[/COLOR]

[COLOR=Red]Reminder: Please make sure you state why you are addicted to the items you listed. There have been several posts in this thread that only give a list of items. Please take the time to share with us what about those items hooked you. Why are you addicted and/or obessed with the items you listed. I don't want to see this thread become filled with random lists of items with no reasons. Thanks all![/COLOR]

Now on topic. I mentioned before that I was addicted to the internet. I am also addicted to watching and collecting anime series. I love going to the store and finding the limited edition boxes for a series. I then find out the release dates and wait until I can collect the entire set. I really do get a rush from finding a series that I have been waiting for.

Most recently I found the collectors tin for Full Metal Alchemist and I was really excited since I heard it was getting very difficult to find. Needless to say, I love my anime and my collection. Now I am just waiting for Sakura-con so I can get into the dealer's room to spend more money!

Oh yeah...I forgot.Strawberry. Ice. Cream. I developed an addiction to strawberry milkshakes when I was a teenager and living with my parents. My mom and I used to drive to McDonald's at night to get our milkshake fix.

Later it turned into an obsession with strawberries. Whenever someone bought strawberries, they would all disappear in record time :P

Now I buy pints of Haagen-Dazs whenever I am either celebrating, or having a bad day. It always manages to cheer me up :)

[color=blue]therer are many things that i am addicted too. but nothing can can take the place of which i am MOST addicted too. well, now its an obssesion, but its Bam Margera! or, Branden Cole Margers for his real name. i LOVE him! he is soooooo sexy! i mean how could i not be addicted to him!? he's hot, sexy, funny, sexy, nice, sexy, and he's a skateboarder!!!!!! that's another thing that i'm addicted too. i mean, i don't know how to skate, but i think once i learn how to snowboard i'll be able to skateboard. because i think that skateboarding would be really fun to do and i'm tired of people calling me a poser!!!! :animeangr oh, and anime, videogames, drawing, computers, musice, and of course boys. i mean, anime, videogames, drawing, and computers are fun things and you can play fun things on them. music, i wouldn't be able to live with out it, and boys, well, their just freaking sexy!!! :animenose [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Foxymiko
There are three things in life i survive off of:

1) Coffee- it's the only thing that keeps me up and running, without it i would die!!!!

2) Dancing-it's my life, plain and simple

3) Anime(and Manga)- the only good entertainment in the world

[SIZE=1]Lately I found myself complete addicted to replaying a lot of my old Nintendo 64 games, I can't really explain why it happens, but it seems to occur around roughly the same period every year. I sold quite a few of my games when I was saving for my Gamecube, but the likes of FIFA 98: Road to the World Cup is still a solid favourite, along with The World is not Enough [sold GoldenEye much to my horror] are good for the odd romp. The console itself though it beginning to show it's age and sometimes games won't load but it's still something I'm completely addicted to.[/SIZE]

Rice pudding!
Kozy Shack's European Style Rice Pudding is the best fricken thing on the planet. There are generally 6 servings for the big containers, but I'll end up usually find myself halfway through in about two minutes.

Goes good with Coca Cola.

Addictions? Oh my...wow.
Well, let's see here...I'm addicted to my soda. I have to have at least one soda, with caffeine, a day. If I don't, I feel funny.

Can you be addicted to sleep? Because if that's possible, I think I might be... :animeswea Whether or not that's a bad thing, well I'll let you decide.

I'm definately addicted to manga. I have to have it. I spend hours in my room reading, I go in search of manga I haven't read, and I get grouchy while waiting to read the next book in a series. That's kind of sad, but I'll go ahead and blame it on the girls who got me hooked. That's right, you heard me, it's not my fault! They introduced me to it! It's them I say!

I'm addicted to writing...which probably sounds weird, but when I go for long periods of time without actually writing something (I mean creating in that sense. I can go for typing it up on the computer, but I hafta be creating...) I start to feel restless and can't do anything.

I'm addicted to challenges, especially in the form of my teacher's tests. I love those things. I'm so sad that I don't have a class with him this semester...I miss those tests...That's rather sad as well.

I'm addicted to...um...I'm gonna stop there, because you're probably all thinking about how weird I am...I don't need more of that...enough people think I'm insane as it is... :animestun

Guest cup cake
i'm addicted to buying classic novels .. like Charlotte Bronte, Jane Austen, Edith Wharton, Charles Dickens, etc. .

some may find it boring, but i just looooove the old english language and the 18th Century/Victorian setting.

I suppose that I'm addicted mostly to internet message boards right now. I spend most of my nights on them, and seeing as how I'm nocturnal, that's a fair amount of my time.

My anime and videogame collections haven't gone through a major expansion in quiet some time. Since the beginning of the year, I've got the first Fullmetal Alchemist DVD, The Sims 2, and I'm pretty sure that that's it. The funny thing is that my obsession with both is as big as it was a year ago. I guess that I just haven't seen too many things new and interesting so far this year

[size=1]I'm addicted to the nutrition facts bit on food items at grocery stores? Even if I would nevereverever buy a certain food item, I must know how many calories are in a certain serving of food, blahblah. Also looking up that stuff online. It's a lot easier because I've come across a site that tells me how many calories I've burnt doing certain activities. Not just calories, though. Funny thing is, in that huge list of activities listed, they have a big section for 'Church'. xD

Oh, I'm addicted to sleeping and exercise too. [/size]

addicted to black

[COLOR=DarkRed]Edit: As it stands now your response is spam. Make sure when responding to threads you take special care in your grammar and explaining your answer. We want responses that add to the thread versus just random short answers. Thanks.

-Panda [/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Reminder: Please explain [b]why[/b] you are addicted to the things you mention. Just listing random items is not adding to the conversation. Tell us why you are addicted to what you list. Any further posts that do not explain the reasons why you are addicted to those items will be deleted as spam.

-Panda[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=#FF33B1]Okay, let's see if I can break all these down...

?[U]Why Do You Love Me?
By Garbage[/U]
I was addicted to this song from when I first heard it on Kerrang. You know when you hear a song and the lyrics seem to mean something to you, like something that had happened in your life. Well, that's what happened with this song and now, as I'm listening to it on my new Single CD (Hoo-rah!) I've dubbed it as my 'theme-tune'. (If you will.)
I love the style of music and I love the video, I'm also insanely pleased that it gave me the inspiration for my latest banner.

Which brings us neatly to my next point...

? [U]Photoshop CS[/U]
Even though I only have this as a 30 day demo *sad* I'm utterly [B]obsessed[/B] with CS. It's like my baby...the first thing I do when I come on the computer is mess around with pictures for half an hour. Mother has promised that she'll buy it for me...as soon as I find out [I]where[/I] I can buy it. That'll be totally awesome. OB, fear my banner-making!

? [U]MSN[/U]
Simple answer, it's my only way to talk to Unborn Lord Xion and those moments are very precious to me.

? [U]Key chains[/U]
I only have one key chain (T-T) but I love it and intend to get more. The key chain I have is Cuddles from Happy Tree Friends, it's just the cutest thing and makes an awesome shadow when I'm walking...

? [U]Mac Hall[/U]
It's just a fantastic webcomic; both ULX and I are addicted to it. It makes me laugh and has given me the rough shove I needed to start drawing *insert title here*, something ULX and I have been meaning to start off for a while. The art is brilliant and every panel has got brilliant jokes in it.

That's all I can think of. Yup.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I am addicted to playing video games and watching T.V at the same time. At first i couldnt do it, but i just keep it up and now i watch T.V and play games. It's werid and sometimes it gets in the way but what the hell. I dont care. I am also a manga freck, i read those suckers like it's my mothers will. i can't get enough.

[COLOR=Indigo]My old addiction was video games. Now it's reading.

I've read the entire gentleman vampire series by P.N. Elrod.

Angels and Demons, The da Vinci code, and Holy Grail, in the past two months.

Manga still keeps it's hook on me, though.

Sparring is the other. I spar with a few friends of mine atleast 4 times a week, for hours on end. I guess that's why I'm always tired for work. :animeswea [/COLOR]

Ha, i read the whole series of Dragon Night in one day and it was 27 mangas to it. Boy i was tired. My heard hurt like hell, but i was happy, because i finished all of them. I also addicted to running. i love to run for fun, not sports though i am in track. but i love to go out side and run around with my dog. we both get tired at the same time.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]Hmph. What am I addicted to? Hm... Lemme see here..

Now see, I'm not going to sit here and tell you I WAS addicted to videogames but NOW I read, or tell you I'm addicted to exercise just to get everyone to think better of me, because lets face it I hate exercise and I love videogames, but that besides the point. I'll tell you what I'm addicted to; Stormtroopers.

Yes, Stormtroopers from Star Wars is what I'm addicted to and Annie can second me on this one. I think Stormtroopers are the coolest thing to happen to this world since fire because they are just THAT cool! Their armor, their guns everything about them gets me. Whenever I find Stormtrooper toys I buy them, whenever I can play as a Stormtrooper in a videogame I do it, whenever I...Well, you get the point. Thats what I'm addicted to...Stormtroopers![/SIZE][/COLOR]