OtakuBoards

Most Annoying Video Game Character

liam mc

[QUOTE=elfpirate][b]This one's easy--no contest--it's [u]Jester on Socom[/u]. [/b]
[b]That freakin' bastard is [i]always[/i] doing something retarded and screwing up the missions. [/b][b]You tell your team to stay put, and that jerk goes running out and gives away your position... or he runs right up to the C4 you've just set and blows himself to smithereens. [/b][b]It's always [i]something[/i] with that stupid clown ( *smirk*)... running into walls, firing his weapon when you're making an attempt at stealth, just generally being an idiotic bastard... and doing everything you need him NOT to do if you want to accomplish your mission.[/b]

[b]Jester wins the "Most Irritating Dumbass" award in the video game characters catagory-- hands down.[/b][/QUOTE][QUOTE=Chaos] Boomer, on the other hand... God almighty what idiot did they base his AI off of? I have the entire team on standby and hold position when I'm waiting on a target to present itself, right? It's almost a habit to do so, that's how often I manage. I usually have the silenced M4A1 carbine or the M82A1, so anyone that steps out into my sights is not going to be happy. So what does this fool of a team member do? STRAFES RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME WHEN I SHOOT!
"Tango spotted, twelve o'clock high."
"No, j00 f00l!"
"AHHH, ARGH UHHH! *gurgle*"
"..."
[/rant][/QUOTE][b][color=#006400][/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Well, that's a pretty close call, if you ask me-- they are the moron bros... but, that's what you get for playing Socom.:animesigh AI means "artificial idiocy" in those games... and Boomer and Jester are by far the worst-lol. I still enjoy playing them, though.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400][/b]
[b][color=royalblue][/color][/b]
[b][color=royalblue][quote name='Erika][size=1] AND I HATE TINGLE. ...a sack of lard crammed into a green body suit and a thong just isn't what should be in a [strike]Zelda game[/strike'] any game at all. [/size][/quote][/color][/b]
[b][/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400][/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Wow- it's a toss-up between those two dumba**es from Socom and Tingle. [/color][/b]

[b][color=#006400]I think I'm going to have to go with Tingle, because at least you can murder Boomer and Jester when they piss you off enough, but Link is helpless against Tingle... he just has to stand there and take it- he can do nothing. Have you ever tried to murder Tingle? It's simply ineffective. It doesn't even phase him...:animeangr [/b]
[b][b][color=#006400][/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400](You want your very own fairy, you say? [/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]*crams fairy where fairies [i]really[/i] don't belong*)[/color][/b]

Heh heh--that would please you Navi, Tatl & other fairy-haters, wouldn't it?[/color][/b]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say Navi. God what torture she inflicted! Leo Stenbuck from Zone of the Enders grated on my nerves a bit at times. But I think the character that really takes the cake is the guy who calls the games on NBA Street Vol.2. He's horrible.

See I have to somewhat agree with Blanko....That guild master should have shut his yap...I wished so hard when I was evil that you could just....murder him...you can beat on him but Im pretty sure he keeps coming back...And his annoying advice which at first was useful did get rediculous with bad timing. thankfully I liked the game enough to block him out after a while. The other Ncpish character... now some will agrue that it isn't a character is the AI, Overmind, and Judicator. On Starcraft. Sure... I like to know when Im being attacked...but when 'I' just sent tin the goon squad and it keeps telling me Im under attack...god. I just hate that stating the bovious part I think...So of course hearing you need more minerals...gas..it gets on my nerves. :animestun Alright...

Yeah...I also hated Navi...."HEY!" "LISTEN" *punts Navi across highrule plains*

I acually have 2 really annoying video game people for me

1.BlackRose from .Hack series she pisses me off on the cut scenes, and on the game, she'll act really stupid in Infection when she says she's not a newbie chareter but she couldn't even hit that damn gobblin in the cathedrial enstead Kite killed it she only get's cool in Outbreak, and Mutation.

2.Tidus from Final Fantasy X he says all this stupid stuff when he's happy but when he's moppy he says it's all hopless that were gonna lose and there's no point to fight Sin [spoiler]if he's gonna be reborn[/spoiler], over all the thing that pisses me off about him is when he's with Yuna he tries to be boyfriend and girlfriend with her but [spoiler]it does'nt happen until him and Yuna make out underwater in the maccelania woods(that moment was cool)[/spoiler]but plainly he's just so dumb.

[color=#4B0082]I added spoiler tags; please remember to use them yourself in the future. (Check the sticky thread at the top of the forum if you don't know how.) Also, periods are your friend. Having paragraphs that are one long, run-on sentence get kind of annoying to read, so please try to work on that. Thanks. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Now here's one that I'm surprised you've all missed so far:

[i]303 Guilty Spark,[/i] from Halo.

That... [i]thing...[/i] was so AGGRAVATING! How it would just mosey on through the walls in the Library leaving MC to get spanked by [spoiler]the flood, in case anyone hasn't played Halo[/spoiler], it's little "Ah, I [i]am[/i] a genius" line that made you SCREAM [i]every time he said it,[/i] which was about once every 15 seconds or so... Everything that little blue bastard said and did just made you want to let loose on it with the rocket launcher, which, of course, did NOTHING. AAAGGGHHH.

My GOD, but I hated that thing.[/FONT]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I don't know if they've been mentioned before, because I'm too lazy to load the other three pages but there are whole race of characters in one certain videogame that go above and beyond the call of annoying, I speak of the Gungans in [B]The Phantom Menace[/B]. For any of you who've played it you know that walking through the Gungan city with a lightsaber is to be an unenviable position, often I found myself slaughtering Gungans for their horrific use of grammar and annoying accents. I mean it's like being given permission to kill Jar Jar at even possible turn, to inflict on him the pain and misery he did on Star Wars fans everywhere.

I also very much second Erika's comments about Tingle, he was just beyond irritating, and his prices for opening up the maps in The Wink Waker does the word rip-off appear in his vocabulary, I just wanted to throw him off his tower. [/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Konami]That Dog in Duck Hunt!

No explaination needed in this case is there? :animeswea[/QUOTE]

Actually I would like an explanation:P I love that dog because i can laugh exactly like him whenever you miss the ducks. I find it so amusing.

The most annoying video game character would have to be The Owl from Zelda Ocarina Of Time. He annoys the crap outa me because you can't skip it sometimes and he's always buggin me in the action moments!

[QUOTE=Xyandar]Actually I would like an explanation:P I love that dog because i can laugh exactly like him whenever you miss the ducks. I find it so amusing.

The most annoying video game character would have to be The Owl from Zelda Ocarina Of Time. He annoys the crap outa me because you can't skip it sometimes and he's always buggin me in the action moments![/QUOTE]
I didn't find Kaporiora Gaboriora annoying at all, but he did kinda freak me out. turning his head full circle like that *shudder*. gannondorf though. now he was annoying. strutting around on that stupid black horse of his like he owned the place, and not to mention his huge nose! big green wimp if ever there was one.

[COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1]There are a few characters that just need to be shot on sight.

[U]Mignon Beart from KOF: M.I.[/U]
I'll tell you all right now I don't like female characters that look weak and frail to weild giant swords or big hammers with ease. (Namely: Presea from Tales Of Symphonia, or whats-her-face from Legend Of Dragoon) But Mignon seriously just ticked me off with her incessent, ultimate combos that could destroy you in like 3 moves and then she'd jump around all cutsy like nothing ever happened! I can't stand characters like that, Talim from Sol Calibur 2 was the SAME way!

[U]Sgt. Kelly from Doom 3[/U]
From the moment you start the game he's telling you what to do and where to go but he doesn't even bother to help you out along the way, even if Doom was known for the lead character taking on legions of doom, no pun intended, without any help. (Unlike another well known hero who took on legions of aliens with help from like everyone.) Anyways, all Kelly did was yap and yap about how you needed to get to the comm. room and signal to Earth forces to get their butts to Mars ALOT faster than they were already going.

[U]Any main characters from any Final Fantasy[/U]
Wimp in the beginning and bad-boy at the end, whining the WHOLE way there! I'll have to say that Tidus and Squall were the worst of all FF's main characters, I wanted to shoot them both in the faces seventeen times with a pistol then throw their bodies off of a cliff and into the ocean! They wouldn't shut-up about how the world wasn't right and how they weren't supposed to be there. They almost made both of those games un-playable in my eyes.

So far thats it, but I'll share with you when I think of some more people who need shot for being an unbearable burden on my gaming soul.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE]Any main characters from any Final Fantasy
Wimp in the beginning and bad-boy at the end, whining the WHOLE way there! I'll have to say that Tidus and Squall were the worst of all FF's main characters, I wanted to shoot them both in the faces seventeen times with a pistol then throw their bodies off of a cliff and into the ocean! They wouldn't shut-up about how the world wasn't right and how they weren't supposed to be there. They almost made both of those games un-playable in my eyes.[/QUOTE]

yeah, but then again that's half the fun of playing a final fantsy game, listening to the characters whinge and moan. the series just wouldn't be the same without it.

The fairy and the elf from Drakenguard. "AHHHH, MY CHILDREN!" "HAHAHAHA, SO PRETTY!" I really wanted to sock that elf in the face.

And to any Rikku haters, please die. She's one of the best examples of how to make a giddy and goofy female character cute instead of annoying. I think that the vital points are that she didn't have the high pitched voice that drives most people mad and she didn't act oblivious to the surrounding situation. She was cheerful, but she didn't go around ruining the more serious scenes of the story with a the "Cheer up everybody!" attitude that you see with so many of her sort.

[COLOR=SlateGray][SIZE=1]First off all, stop bitching about characters just because they can kick your butt. I got thrashed by [spoiler]Final Riku[/spoiler] in Kingdom Hearts about 15 times, but I [I]still[/I] think he's awesome. Same with Sephiroth, and many others.

Okay, moving on...

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned [B]Choi Bungee[/B] of KoF fame. That Freddy Kreuger wannabe is the epitome of irritation. He has a horrible voice, is insanely cheap in the right hands, and just...scares me. Him and [B]Chang Koehan[/B] are both a pair of bumbling idiots...things that video games do not need more of.

Also, [B]Echidna[/B] from the Bouncer. I don't know if anyone else has played this game, but Echidna is evil. Literally, and figuratively. First, there's the fact that she uses Capoeira. Any fighting game-player knows what I mean by that. Then there's her insanely bright colors - she wears bright orange. With bright orange hair. And let's not forget the fact that she's just a...very unpleasant woman.

Oh, and then there's our old pal, [B]Hajime Busuzima[/B] from Bloody Roar. He's insane, sadistic, and looks like a frog. With a green mohawk. He's so cheap, he's been called the [B]Eddy Gordo[/B] of BR. I mean, he turns INVISIBLE. That's just damned cheap. Plus he's annoying and crazy.

To close, I agree with whoever said [B]Mignon Beat[/B] is annoying. Because she really, really is.

-ULX[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Gogandantess.. the gratest asshole of all demons|!

i HATE this guy! every freakin' time you see him he starts prattling on like "My name is gogandantess! the gratest swordsman of all demons!!" which really gets boring after like, the fifth time.

also he speeks in that really stupid voice liike he's a hero in some stupid shakespeare play or something. (not that i've got anyhting against shakespeare) plus he looks stupid.

gogantantes is even worse than jujormah and gingamphantss put togeter.

[quote name='Silpheed][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][U]Any main characters from any Final Fantasy[/U] Wimp in the beginning and bad-boy at the end, whining the WHOLE way there! I'll have to say that Tidus and Squall were the worst of all FF's main characters, I wanted to shoot them both in the faces seventeen times with a pistol then throw their bodies off of a cliff and into the ocean! They wouldn't shut-up about how the world wasn't right and how they weren't supposed to be there. They almost made both of those games un-playable in my eyes.[/SIZE'][/COLOR][/quote]

*confused* if we're speaking of FF games then you have to take all of them into consideration, especially since theres so many. Tidus, for instance, is the eptiome of your point. And I agree with you, he sucked lol. But on the topic of Squall, he was always pretty badass. However, he became more outgoing as you played through the game. He opened up to his teammates and showed a side of him not previously seen by gamers, I thought it was pretty good character development.

Cloud, arguably the best FF character of all time, completely contradicts your statement. For one, he was always badass. Second, I don't believe I ever heard him "whine" and if he did, it wasn't about the tasks he had to endure. He actually loved the planet and the whole point of the game was to save it. And he did, with a lack of whining on the way there, I might add.

Zidane, also another popular FF character, contradicts you as well. He did whine a bit, but he was never made to be badass. Zidane was always playful, full of curiosity with an outgoing personality. Even as events shook his world his attitude stayed basically the same.

I chose to mention these characters simply because they're better known then others from earlier FF games. But I believe you'll find that the majority of characters are actually not bad. And after all the games they've mad, of course not every character is going to be a home run, but I think they've done pretty well.

[QUOTE=x kakashi x]*confused* if we're speaking of FF games then you have to take all of them into consideration, especially since theres so many. Tidus, for instance, is the eptiome of your point. And I agree with you, he sucked lol. But on the topic of Squall, he was always pretty badass. However, he became more outgoing as you played through the game. He opened up to his teammates and showed a side of him not previously seen by gamers, I thought it was pretty good character development.

Cloud, arguably the best FF character of all time, completely contradicts your statement. For one, he was always badass. Second, I don't believe I ever heard him "whine" and if he did, it wasn't about the tasks he had to endure. He actually loved the planet and the whole point of the game was to save it. And he did, with a lack of whining on the way there, I might add.

Zidane, also another popular FF character, contradicts you as well. He did whine a bit, but he was never made to be badass. Zidane was always playful, full of curiosity with an outgoing personality. Even as events shook his world his attitude stayed basically the same.

I chose to mention these characters simply because they're better known then others from earlier FF games. But I believe you'll find that the majority of characters are actually not bad. And after all the games they've mad, of course not every character is going to be a home run, but I think they've done pretty well.[/QUOTE]
[color=#4B0082]I have to agree with you here, about the level of whining that FF characters display. I was thinking about replying with something along those same lines, but never got around to it.

Really, the only FF games that have especially whiny main characters, at least out of the ones that I've played (IV, VI, VII, IX, X, T, TA), are FFX and FFTA. (I can't comment much on Squall from FFVIII, but from what I have seen of his character, he just kind of bored me rather than annoyed.) That's not to say the rest of them are all great characters, because they do have their faults, but I at least didn't find them annoying for that reason.

For examples of good FF main characters, you should play FFIV and FFVI, Silpheed. Cecil and Terra are my two favorite main characters from the series; neither are whiny, they both have great personalities, and neither are one man (or one woman, in the case of Terra) armies like some of the more recent main characters.[/color]

Guest tzen
i didnt have the energy to read what every one has written here so im just going to say my thoughts: squall in final fantasy 8 .... damn i hate him, bringing shame to the final fantasy games is what he did! :animeangr he with his stupid looks and dumb cloths, i would like to steel is gun blade and chop him in to tiny pieces and hide him away :animesmil why couldent any one at square do that? :animeswea

[quote name='tzen']i didnt have the energy to read what every one has written here so im just going to say my thoughts: squall in final fantasy 8 .... damn i hate him, bringing shame to the final fantasy games is what he did! :animeangr he with his stupid looks and dumb cloths, i would like to steel is gun blade and chop him in to tiny pieces and hide him away :animesmil why couldent any one at square do that? :animeswea[/quote]

You didn't really say why you disliked Squall so much. Apparently he has bad clothes? :animeswea I don't really see what everyone's problem is with Squall. Yeah, his character is kind of dull, but if you've played through the game then you'd know he changes, and the other characters along with him. They mesh together well, and although the game wasn't Square's best endeavor, it was still good. If you can't provide any other reason as to why you dislike Squall other then "he has dumb clothes" then your point is really mute. On the subject of the Gunblade, although it was a unique kind of weapon, it was nice to have something a little different then the stereotypical sword that main characters always use. I doubt one mildly disliked character brought shame to the dynasty of Final Fantasy. Go play the games over again :rolleyes:

I have developed a newfound hatred for tokichiro kinoshita. that stupid weedy samurai-servant of Oda Nobunaga. he prances around the place, calling you names and setting demons on you, also he can't fly for crap - that airship looked expensive. tokichiro is just plain wrong.

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]The fairy and the elf from Drakenguard. "AHHHH, MY CHILDREN!" "HAHAHAHA, SO PRETTY!" I really wanted to sock that elf in the face.

And to any Rikku haters, please die. She's one of the best examples of how to make a giddy and goofy female character cute instead of annoying. I think that the vital points are that she didn't have the high pitched voice that drives most people mad and she didn't act oblivious to the surrounding situation. She was cheerful, but she didn't go around ruining the more serious scenes of the story with a the "Cheer up everybody!" attitude that you see with so many of her sort.[/QUOTE]

For one, I agree with the fairy from Drakenguard. That bi*ch was annoying. The other women, with the spirits of fire and ise was pretty annoying too. "The children, the children" geez, drove me crazy. Her magic was pretty good though, so whenever I switched I used her and blanked the field with falling balls of fire and ice :cool: .

On the point of Rikku, she was pretty annoying. She didn't bother me as much as Tidus though, I'd rather listen to her "made to be cute" voice then Tidus and his god damned whining.

[font=Georgia][color=Green]Mario And Luigi. I hate them soooo much. Mario is abusive. Luigi is just... Alright, I only hate Mario. He beat Yoshi in Super Mario Bros. II when he'd ride Yoshi[/color][/font]

[COLOR=Blue]Before I start, I would like to know, what does anyone have against Tidus of FFX? I like Tidus, I think he's a good guy. Alot of people say that he is useless in FFX. No, I disagree. He has the strongest limit breaks in the game. If you time it right, he can do alot of damage. Tidus dosn't like seeing people saddened or upset, same as I do. So he always has a joke, or somthing if his freinds and teammates get upset about somthing. He helps keep the team in a positive frame of mind, so they can overcome obsticals, and feel better about themselves. His cheerfulness is a welcome change to Cloud and Squall's darker personalities.(Don't get me wrong, I like Cloud and Squall too. But Squall was always upset. Cloud at least smiled from time to time.)

The most annoying video game character would definitly be. Pikachu. God, will some one just shoot it? He's not cute, he's a pain in the ***! No one cares about Pokemon anymore anyway. That show makes anime look bad. Bad diolouge, TERRIBLE artwork, and the characters make me want to puke. I hate Pikachu. HATE him.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[quote name='Dragonboym2][COLOR=Blue']Before I start, I would like to know, what does anyone have against Tidus of FFX? I like Tidus, I think he's a good guy. Alot of people say that he is useless in FFX. No, I disagree. He has the strongest limit breaks in the game. If you time it right, he can do alot of damage. Tidus dosn't like seeing people saddened or upset, same as I do. So he always has a joke, or somthing if his freinds and teammates get upset about somthing. He helps keep the team in a positive frame of mind, so they can overcome obsticals, and feel better about themselves. His cheerfulness is a welcome change to Cloud and Squall's darker personalities.(Don't get me wrong, I like Cloud and Squall too. But Squall was always upset. Cloud at least smiled from time to time.)[/COLOR][/quote]

Well, concerning Tidus, it wasn't so much his funny attitude that got on my nerves, it was 1) He's stupid, as in, not smart and 2) Hes always whining. To explain my first comment he always asks stupid questions about things most of us would already know the answer to. I feel sorry for Auron have to answer his completely retarded questions everytime a thought crosses his mind. To explain the second, he whines a lot. I would rather a tough, non-affection character then one that complains everytime you get a new mission or something to do. He acts badass in the very beginning, a big blitzball player of Zanarkand, but as soon as hes taken from his element he becomes whiney and annoying. As far as his limit breaks go, no one was really talking about his playable character, more his personality. Main characters usually do have the best limit breaks, Cloud's Omnislash for example.

Speaking of Cloud you said you liked the change in character to Tidus after FF 7 and 8. Well, you forgot Zidane, he was vastly different from Cloud and Squall. He was young, playful, vigorous, he was fun. If they wanted to make a good change to the character scheme then this was it, Tidus, however, was not.

On the subject of "cute" female characters that are much more annoying than they are cute, I think that Peppita from Star Ocean takes the #1 entry into the hall of shame. Seriously, there wasn't one scene that she was in that I didn't want to clobber her. They introduce her by having her draw on Fayt's shirt for Christ's sake! And that pretty much sums up her character...

I don't see any problem with any of the Final Fantasy main characters. I don't think that there's anything that I can say that others haven't already said about the Playstation Final Fantasy protagonists. Both Cloud and Squall were pretty badass throughout most of their games. Zidane was yet another example of how to make a difficult character type work. He was curious and friendly, yet they made sure that you took him seriously as a protagonist when bad situations came up.

Tidus might not be my favorite character, but I think that he's crapped on by gamers unfairly a lot of times. He really didn't whine a lot, and unlike many other whiners, he was put in a bad predicament and had a good reason to complain. [spoiler]First he was thrust into an unfamiliar world, which he doesn't like, but doesn't complain about either. Later, he finds out that his friends had been keeping Yuna's And Jecht's fate a secret from him, and suddenly he was put in a situation where he was forced to either chase his dad down and kill him or sit on the side lines and watch as Yuna went to her death. On top of that, he saw signs that Jecht had regrets about how he'd treated Tidus when he was a kid.[/spoiler] And yet despite that, he only complains about it a couple of times. For the most part, he stays focused on keeping his friends safe and chasing after and destroying the problems.

[QUOTE=Bloodseeker]On the subject of "cute" female characters that are much more annoying than they are cute, I think that Peppita from Star Ocean takes the #1 entry into the hall of shame. Seriously, there wasn't one scene that she was in that I didn't want to clobber her. They introduce her by having her draw on Fayt's shirt for Christ's sake! And that pretty much sums up her character...

I don't see any problem with any of the Final Fantasy main characters. I don't think that there's anything that I can say that others haven't already said about the Playstation Final Fantasy protagonists. Both Cloud and Squall were pretty badass throughout most of their games. Zidane was yet another example of how to make a difficult character type work. He was curious and friendly, yet they made sure that you took him seriously as a protagonist when bad situations came up.

Tidus might not be my favorite character, but I think that he's crapped on by gamers unfairly a lot of times. He really didn't whine a lot, and unlike many other whiners, he was put in a bad predicament and had a good reason to complain. [spoiler]First he was thrust into an unfamiliar world, which he doesn't like, but doesn't complain about either. Later, he finds out that his friends had been keeping Yuna's And Jecht's fate a secret from him, and suddenly he was put in a situation where he was forced to either chase his dad down and kill him or sit on the side lines and watch as Yuna went to her death. On top of that, he saw signs that Jecht had regrets about how he'd treated Tidus when he was a kid.[/spoiler] And yet despite that, he only complains about it a couple of times. For the most part, he stays focused on keeping his friends safe and chasing after and destroying the problems.[/QUOTE]
Amen. Tidus is a good guy in my book. A freind of mine thinks he's hansome. As for Zidane, he was pretty cool too.
Zidane: Don't talk like that. If you do, people will get suspious. Try talking like Vivi. Like this. "Alrighty." You try it.
Dagger: "Alrighty."
But FFIX isn't as popular as VII, VIII, or X. Has anyone seen that Coca-cola commerial with the cast of FFIX? Oh, a popular character in IX would be Vivi. Girls like Vivi, because they think he's cute. He was tripping over himself every now and again, he was allways adjusting his hat, and was very timid.
I guess that's part of Vivi's charm though.
"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2