OtakuBoards

Do have any kind of phobia?

gaarasgirl90

I have a phobia of all bugs, spiders, roller coasters, tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, being underwater, and a bunch of other stuff. Roller coasters, I don't understand, but I'm afraid of being under water because when I was about 2, I was told to jump off this small rock ledge and they'd catch me before I hit the water, but they held me up in the water, below the surface for about 3-6 seconds THEN pulled me up, laughing!....-gets in fetal position, starts sucking thumb and cries-

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[CENTER][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=1][B][COLOR=Plum]I am the anti-scientific-name-for-phobia person. I can't go anywhere without finding something I'm terrified of, but nothing I fear has a scientific name. I'm not claustrophobic. Not homophobic. Not arachnaphobic. I AM scared of the shower curtain. Not the possibility of something BEHIND it, just the shower curtain itself.

I hate the guy on the oatmeal box. I thought he was my best friend until I was four, and then I had a dream of him EATING me, and now I'm just done with the oatmael guy.

I am mortally terrified of the 'tasty' smiley. I really have no idea why. I'm afraid of remote contols with no batteries. I really don't like staplers all that much, and empty picture frames terrify me.

Alright, I think that's enough of my... Somewhat ODD fears.

Later!
_Sakura_[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/CENTER]

you have a fear of british people? :animedepr :(
but you like monty python.... well, you can't be bad if you like monty python! :animesmil but bot: i have a fear of falling. probably coz ifell down the stairs all the time when i was little.
i also have a fear of the sea, though why i don't know.

I can't say I actually have any clinical phobias, but my list of paranoid fears goes on for miles. I have it on aanother forum somewhere, if you really want to see a list ranging from buses, roads mroe than 2 lanes wide, and people, to the dark, raw chicken, and veins...
I have so many little fears, so er..whats the word for a phobia of everything? :animesigh

[quote name='Cazzilla']so er..whats the word for a phobia of everything?[/quote]
omniphobia?

I am paranoid that people follow me. I get freaked out when someone is walking a ways behind me in a long hallway. I don't know why though, maybe because I don't like to lead people. Same with having a car behind me when I drive. I think that the driver will try to tailgate me or something. Medical needles creap me out. I blame that on having to get shots at the age of 5 like all other people. Happily though, that fear is wanning. Large dogs scare me. I think that they will try to attack me.. I've never actually been attacked by a dog though. Any small thing that flys (toy planes, birds, insects, et cetera) because I think it will try to hit me in the head. My fears are so irrational and random (I blame [I]The Birds[/I] even though i shouldn't) Oh! and [I]Psycho[/I] and [I]Urban Ledgends[/I] too. I cannot take a shower without double locking the bathroom door.

[quote name='SakuraMinomino][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=1][color=plum][b]I hate the guy on the oatmeal box. I thought he was my best friend until I was four, and then I had a dream of him EATING me, and now I'm just done with the oatmael guy.[/b][/color][/size'][/font][/quote]

[b]Then you probably shouldn't read about what the Quaker corporation was doing with the little orphanage boys in the '50's. Heh heh... [/b]

[b]It involves the US goverment, starving little boys, their oatmeal, and radiation experiments...[/b]

[color=#B0251E]Hm...phobias eh?

Well, I definitely have claustrophobia; I've been in some situations where I've felt claustrophobic and it can bring on what feels like a panic attack or something. Thankfully it's been very rare for me to be in such situations (and I don't tend to feel claustrophobic in crowds and stuff...just if I were locked in a very small, dark place, unable to move or breathe easily).

Other than that, heights are sort of an iffy thing...sometimes they worry me, sometimes they don't. I suppose it depends how secure I feel. If I were standing on the observation deck of a building, I doubt I'd be worried. But if I were clinging to the edge of a mountain? Yeah, very scary.

I have one other "fear", which is something a couple of people seem to share.

The fear is that I really [i]really[/i] hate the idea of something toying with my wrists. By that I mean...say, getting a drip in there, or being injected there, or cut there. That scares the absolute hell out of me. It's the ONE major thing that would freak me out about a hospital visit, honestly. Yuck yuck.

I also hate needles, but usually I can cope with them okay...unless, of course, it's a giant needle going into my eye socket or something. lol[/color]

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][FONT=Century Gothic]Me, I'm [B]DEATHLY[/B] afraid of spiders. Even if it's just a little one, I'll freak out. I don't even know why.Im also afraid of needles. When I was younger(and saddly still today)if I had to get a shot, I'd freak out, cry, scream, and I acctually had to be [I]held down[/I] when I got the shot or blood test.OK, the last phobia I have is of Pitbulls.I HATE pitbulls. I think it started when I was 7 and a girl who lived down the road got attacked by one. Then, a couple of weeks ago, my neighbor was walking her dog when her dog was attacked and killed. They're just so creepy. I mean, once they bite down, they don't let go.Creepy....[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Panda]Oh Sanada, my friend's mom has the ultimate doll for you to be afraid of. I am not afraid of dolls but this one I have made an exception for. This doll gives me nightmares and I run past it since it freaks me out. If you stand it up it is about 5 feet tall. Has long arms AND looks like a clown. The arms and legs are really long, they look like they will reach out and grab you. It sits in their foyer somewhat behind a door. So you walk in the room and when you go to shut the door the clown is sitting in a chair behind the door. I just expect it to jump up and kill me. Either that or I will see it sitting there, look away and when I look back it will be gone. Hiding some place waiting to attack. Creepy, just plain creepy.
[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/Panda_chan_/misc/cloughdoll.jpg[/img][/center]
This thing is nightmare fuel.

[/QUOTE]I used to be ok with dolls. i find chucky to be funny (my freind thinks that its the scariest thing ever made :animeangr ).

But after playing fatal frame2 [spoiler] Theres a house where a toymaker made a doll to comfort his daughter who had lost her twin sister in a ritual and became depressed, eventually the daughter starts talking again and plays with the doll (which is made to absolutely resemble the twin in size and shape) as if it was alive.

After some time the toymaker notices that the doll has started to talk and move and comes to the conclusion that it has become posesed and that he has to destroy it but before he is able to do so the doll kills him. [/spoiler]

And after seeing that godforsaken excuse for a toy, i have to admit that i am now scared of dolls.

How the hell can u live with that thing?!

And for some other odd reason i hate bees and hornets even though i have no prob with spiders and the sort...

[quote name='MistressRoxie][color=#9933ff']I don't really have to many strange fears, but I have a problem with being on the edge of something at a high height. For instance, when I'm in the mall on the second floor, I can't be near the railing because I'm afraid I'm going to fall over. If I'm high up in a glass building, I either don't look at the stuff below, or stay away from the glass. I get afraid that someone will push me through the glass becausee I'm skinny. V_V[/color][/quote]

Boy, I'm glad that I'm not the only one lol. I can't be near the edge of [i]anything[/i], or else I will start freaking out. Heights scare the hell the out of me. Just thinking about heights is making my arms feel all weird and tingly. Blah.

Strangely enough, I can go on airplanes and roller coasters without any problem.

I don't have any other phobias that I know of. I guess the only thing that would come close would be poisonous snakes, but there aren't very many of them at all down here, so whatever lol.

I actually have a strange phobia of being late for things. Growing up in my large family, we were [I]always[/I] late for something. I would get so annoyed. NOw I have to be really early to everything. That gets kind of annoying too, as when I get there, things are often not ready or unstarted and I am not a patient person.

I also am a hyper-clostrophobe. I went to see a movie and the traileer for that new Adrian Brody movie came on where tey lock him in the morgue locker. I FREAKED OUT, right in the theatre. Hyperventilation, can't look at the screen...the works. It was all I could do not to scream. I literally crawled out of my seat looking for an escape.

Guest Some ChiK
[COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Spiders! Icky...they scare me so much that i cant even kill them! yeah! i make someone else kill them...that how much i'm scared of them![/FONT][/COLOR]

Guest Death Rose
[QUOTE]Originally Posted by Panda
Oh Sanada, my friend's mom has the ultimate doll for you to be afraid of. I am not afraid of dolls but this one I have made an exception for. This doll gives me nightmares and I run past it since it freaks me out. If you stand it up it is about 5 feet tall. Has long arms AND looks like a clown. The arms and legs are really long, they look like they will reach out and grab you. It sits in their foyer somewhat behind a door. So you walk in the room and when you go to shut the door the clown is sitting in a chair behind the door. I just expect it to jump up and kill me. Either that or I will see it sitting there, look away and when I look back it will be gone. Hiding some place waiting to attack. Creepy, just plain creepy.

This thing is nightmare fuel.[/QUOTE]

That thing is scary. Yeah im scared of dolls to (i hate to say that i hate barbie dolls to :animedepr ) I even have dolls to cause my mom doesn't know any of this but i hide them in my closet(and now im afaid of that). Im also afaid of teddy bears there just to scary. Im scared of swimming (i still do it but i hate when i do) :animeswea and that thing im have know idea what it is?

• 3 weeks later...
[COLOR=Blue]I used to have Carniaphobia. Fear of sharks. When I was a kid, my family was drving to a desolte rock at the end of the earth for out summer vacation. A stupid cottage in Marshfeild across the street from my Aunts place over looking the beach. I hated it. Sand was in everything, and there was no good signal for the tv, and I was bored stiff. On our way there, a saw a huge bilboard for "Jaws: The Revenge." It scared the crap out of me. I found out from dad that it was the forth movie in a seires.
I went to a video store a year later, and met a man who collected movie posters. Most were flicks like "Plan 9 From Outter Space", "Psyco", "Batman", "Godzilla Vs. MechaGodzilla", and "Brazil." I ran across the Jaws poster. I must of jumped three feet in the air.
(Teeth. Big teeth.) I later on years later saw Jaws, and it was one of the best movies I've EVER seen in my life. It was so well done. Great acting, writing, plot, direction, etc. Bravo, four stars. And it was filmed off Martha's Vineyard, and I live in Massachusetts.
The sequels were awful. Jaws 2, was okay..but needed work. Jaws 3, Ack! Terrbile! And it was done in 3D but the effects! Pure cheese! Jaws: The Revenge, Stupid. Bada cting, bad writing, bad everything. Not even Michael Caine could save it. Besides, Bruce (The name of the shark given by the cast and crew of the first movie,) was hardly in it. And sharks don't go "RARR!" I plan to read the book soon. I hear it's just as good. Oh, get this. A Jaws video game is coming out soon. And you get to be Bruce. LUNCH TIME! Ding-a-ling-ding!

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[quote name='Dragonboym2][color=blue']I used to have Carniaphobia. Fear of sharks. [/color][/quote]
[b][color=darkgreen]I know quite a few people with that particular phobia. Even the word "shark" makes them begin to panic...and if you were to show them a picture of a shark, they're liable to hit you for doing so.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400][/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]You say "used to"-- so how did you get over it? By watching Jaws? Beause that would make my mates die of cardiac arrest... they wouldn't even be able to look at the video box...:animesigh [/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]For me, I don't think I have any true phobias...there are a few things that I fear, but not to the point that I'd consider it a phobia.[/color][/b]

I don't know what's been wrong with me over the past year. I've turned into one paranoid mother f*cker. I remember the other night I was in a gas station on the way home from a boat party. A bunch of young guys dressed like gangsters and decked out in blue came walking into the store, and I noticed that at least three of them were packing. I had to resist the urge to "get them before they got me". Sure enough, they bought their stuff and left. Or when I noticed a guy with a black bandana over his face running off, I found my adreniline pumping and my fists clenched. I was ready for a fight. I didn't used to be like this, and I don't know what triggered it. I used to be able to talk to and hang out with all types, no problem. As a matter of fact, I used to go to a school where my only options were to befriend thugs and gangbangers or stay a loner. (stupid school board took my pointing a finger and saying "bang" a little too literally) Hopefully, I'll be able to kill this paranoia soon...

[font="tahoma"][size="1"][color="darkorchid"]

I've never been tested for these, but I think I might have acute segments.

Thunder and lightning- Astraphobia
Tornadoes and hurricanes- Lilapsophobia
Insects- Acarophobia
Heights-Acrophobia

I was sitting in a tree the other day, not a very tall tree, five feet off the ground, maybe...and I looked down and I just got really nervous. It's VERY acute, though. And the fear of storms, I have no idea wear it came from, but one day in fourth grade I just felt scared to death of purple clouds outside x_x. And insects are just creepy. Spiders and worms, too.

[/font][/size][/color]

Bugs. I hate bugs. Bugs just creep me out. All kinds of bugs. Spiders, ants, bees....it doesnt matter what kind, i just dont like them. I tend to get really sick if i see a bug or one gets too close to me. I cant even touch a bug, they arew soo gross. I once threw up really badly because a friend of mine killed a bug in front of me. :sick:

Soo, yeah. Thats my Phobia. Although, i dont know the exact name for it, i do not like bugs.

[b][color=#006400]You say "used to"-- so how did you get over it? By watching Jaws? Beause that would make my mates die of cardiac arrest... they wouldn't even be able to look at the video box...:animesigh [/color][/b]

[COLOR=Blue]That's right. By watching Jaws I got over my fear. Besides, sharks aren't that bright, and mistake humans for seals. Hey, why are your freinds so scared of sharks? I had shark once years ago. Tasted like salmon. But needed tatar sause.

"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]
[

I myself have Arachniphobia, I am paranoid, Am scared of heights, Claustrophobic and I am Xenophobic. I am pracitcully a bag of oddness but there is nothing wrong with this. I am seriously not proud of my Arachniphobia but It doesn't really matter nowdays because my sister has it and so does everyone else have it.

I don't really have any generic fears, I mean, I don't really like bugs or spiders or whatever, but I can touch them, hold them, and it doesn't really bother me, I share the classic fear, however, of ending up alone, which I'm everyone feels now and then

I have eisoptrophobia too.
I don't know the scientific names, but here are my other phobias:
fear of clowns
fear of small, crowded places
fear of confrontation
fear of screwing up
fear of pinecones
fear of children
fear of bright lights
fear of strange dogs
fear of strangers
and
fear of heights
:animesigh some of these don't even make sense when I think about them, but I'm still scared

[QUOTE=Shinmaru]Boy, I'm glad that I'm not the only one lol. I can't be near the edge of [i]anything[/i], or else I will start freaking out. Heights scare the hell the out of me. Just thinking about heights is making my arms feel all weird and tingly. Blah.

Strangely enough, I can go on airplanes and roller coasters without any problem.

I don't have any other phobias that I know of. I guess the only thing that would come close would be poisonous snakes, but there aren't very many of them at all down here, so whatever lol.[/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]I have had that for years, I can go on planes without a second thought yet being asked to climb a tree or look over the edge of a high building turns my knees to jelly. I think that such a fear might be either a fear of falling, rather than a fear of heights, or a fear of heights when you don't feel secure in being up that high [although that too would be a fear of falling].

Other than heights/falling I don't really have a bad fear of anything else, I used to be afraid of snakes for a long time until a friend of mine bought a pet snake and I just got accustomed to them. They're actually not at all slimy as a lot of people believe, although watching them eat mice is not a pleasant sight.[/SIZE]

I have a weird phobia. I am terrified of frogs. Yes, frogs. It is a fear I have had ever since I was a small child. If I see one, no matter where it is, I either freeze up or freak out. It's humiliating to say the least.