OtakuBoards

Do have any kind of phobia?

gaarasgirl90

i have a fear of gay and lesbians. yes, i'm homophobic. it's not the run away or avoid kind, i just get shivers whenever i see them acting like lovers or anything like that. i can talk to them and stuff, i'm not afraid of them but i don't know why i have a phobia of homos.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well, I don't really understand how someone could possibly be "homophobic." Some people just say its not natural, and maybe its not, but I assure you, its everywhere. In some cities more then others, but everywhere you go there will be a gay person, and chances are, there will be gay affection. I'm not particularly fond of watching gay people make out lol, but it doesn't give me shivers or something. Just imagine you in that situation, would you like people staring at you and judging all the time? Try to sympathize.

Oh...this'll be fun. Phobias. I have one I'm sure you'll end up laughing at...in fact, when I'm not being exposed to the source of my fear, I myself laugh about it.

I'm not sure what you call it, but I looked it up once out of sheer curiousity. I'm scared to death of moths. I will not go near them, and I have a tendency to scream when one comes near me, or I suddenly notice one near me. One time, I was sweeping the floor in the bathroom, and I hit a moth with the broom...I hadn't noticed it until it flew up at me. I screamed so loud. My parents always laugh about that. I had one in my room one time, but it was above my door, so I didn't notice until I got up to leave my room again. Let's just say I refused to come out of said room until that moth was taken care of.

I'm scared of spiders, mostly because I'm scared they'll jump up at me. The ones I'm really scared of though, are the huge and furry things. I don't mean Tarantulas, though those make me shudder, but there were these big spiders that invaded my house this one year...awful...~*shudders as she remembers*~ Terrible. I was traumatized.

I'm scared of water over my head...and I honestly can't explain that. I think it's just because I've come close to drowning several times. It isn't that I can't swim. It's just that I panic. So yeah. I guess that too was explainable.

And I'm scared to death of silence. Of nothingness. The feeling of being absolutely alone, no one can hear anything you say, even if you scream it at the top of your lungs. I'm so scared of that. I guess that's probably just insecurity though. But if there's one thing I'm afraid of above all others, it's that one day I'll just be alone in the nothingness...forever.

I'm slightly scared of needles...but that goes away if I just don't watch them.

I used to be scared to fly...but I conquered that after the mass amounts of airplanes I rode last Spring Break on my trip to New York City. It was mostly the taking off and landing...but after riding those things so long, the only thing I dread is the actual flight. I can't sleep on the plane, no matter how I try...and I get so bored...

I'm scared of the dark, to an extent. I'm scared of the dark when there's no one home, or when everyone's asleep. I get panicky and start to think there are people with knives and axes lurking around every corner and wherever I go...

I think I've pretty much covered it...may be a few more things I didn't mention, but that's all that comes to mind...I probably sound like I'm paranoid or something. :animedepr

[CENTER][COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Well, I don't really get how you can be Homophobic. What, SCARED of gay people? That doesn't even make sense! (Of course, this IS coming from the scared-to-death-of-oatmeal girl...)

Anyway, I've got a few more. I'm scared to death of plain orange t-shirts. The reason is quite boring, so I'll not go into detail.

I am also deathly scared of frosted glass. I look in it and realize I can't see my reflection in this particular glass, and that scares me to death. I really can't explain it, but it freaks me out.

Erasable highlighters and pens. That's just wrong. If they were supposed to be erasable, God wouldn't have made tham permanent.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Green][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=1]I am scared of a lot of things. I am afraid of trying new things, I always stick to one thing. Like chicken, I ALWAYS order chicken at a resturant. There is just no way I won't. And I always order all cheese very light on the sauce pizza for as long as I could remember.

I also have a fear of bikes, so I never learned how to ride one. -.- I am afraid I am going to fall off and crack my head open... then again I go on rollercoasters...

I also have a fear of blood and gore in real life, I can watch it on a movie but can't even watch Dr. 90210... *sigh*

My last fear would to have to be that of being killed by unkown causes. I don't know I am just a sack of fears... at least I am not afraid of animals. Yea that good..I am not afraid of animals.[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR]

hey, i never judge them! and homophobia is an actual term and i'm scared of them, but not extremely. i don't shiver every time. could you please stop critisizing me? i can't help it. i know it's everywhere, heck, i even have lesbian friends and know gay people. i know it doesn't make sense and i don't understand it myself, they are the same as every one else and for that reason there is no need for me to sympathize.

[color=darkred][size=1]

ReFlux is terrified of:

[center]Spiders
Heights
Ghosts (no, seriously)
Bad Grades
Pissing off my Dad
Pissing off my Girlfreind
Pissing off my Mom
Sharks
Jellyfish
The Ocean
Being Alone
And Much Much More![/center]

Well, sort of... I might seem like a bit of a panzy, but I face these things quite a bit, so I guess I have a little courage! Oh, and I'm also scurred of rollercoasters... (man I'm a wuss...)[/color][/size]

[quote name='Kuraineko']I'm pretty clausatiphobic (afraid of huge crowds). Mines not very serious, I usually can't breath when surrounded by people and I'm also scared of getting trampled. [/quote]
I have the same thing, only I have an extreme case. If I am even on the outskirts of a crowd, my mind actually shuts down and I have less mobility in my arms and legs, and if I'm in the crowd I sometimes pass out while standing. Needless to say, I'm not very fun at parties.

I also have an immense fear of heights. It's strange because I have a fear of heights but not falling.

[QUOTE=SakuraMinomino][CENTER][COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1][FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif]Well, I don't really get how you can be Homophobic. What, SCARED of gay people? That doesn't even make sense! (Of course, this IS coming from the scared-to-death-of-oatmeal girl...)

[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/QUOTE]

I know it may seem like an outrageous claim, but I have friend who is clearly homophobic. Apparently, when he was young a homosexual threatened to rape him. While we may hold different views in that aspect, I've learned to accept him and realize that there is probably nothing I can do to change his mind.

I have 2 fears. one is an incredibly extreme fear of heights - I panic if my feet are more than a metre above ground! This comes from when i fell off my bed when i was 5. I also fear dissapointing others (example: if I introduce someone to something they dont like i instantly appologise 3 or 4 times after). :(

[quote name='shinji172']I also fear dissapointing others (example: if I introduce someone to something they dont like i instantly appologise 3 or 4 times after). :([/quote]

I have a people problem too, to an extent. I hate it when I try to talk to the guy sitting next to me in the waiting room only to have him look at me like I'm crazy and rush to end the conversation. I hate people that have that get that dumb look on their face and turn sower whenever something goes slightly wrong. I hate it when people get rude for no reason whatsoever. And more than the other three, I hate it when people have no tolerance for anything, and get taken aback by harmless comments... when it seems like they're almost looking for an excuse to get offended.

But just focus on relaxing, if that makes sense. Chill out, and take things as they roll in. Don't apologize if you introduce someone to a game they don't like, just say "eh, to each his own" or something to that extent. Don't freeze up at the party, just go hang out with your buddies and try to be friendly towards anybody that they introduce you to. Don't try to continue the conversation with the antisocial guy, its pretty obvious that he doesn't want it. Just relax.

[FONT=Fixedsys][COLOR=DarkRed]Hey I thought of another fear I have. I'm afraid of moths. At one time, my house was infested with these little moths and we didn't know were they came from. I was already partial bug phobic so moths flying around did nothing to improve this. Well I was one my way up the stairs and this moth like, flew infront of my face when i was at the tup of the stair well and i screamed and almost fell down the stairs backwards but luckily i caught the railing. I could have died!! I could have fell and broke my neck!! Ever since then, i see a moth and I scream, run outta the room and grab a vacuum to suck it outta the air. [/COLOR] [/FONT]

[size=1]Art and music mean everything to me and I'd honestly rather die than go blind or deaf. Looking into someone's eyes whilst speaking, hearing their voice, being able to sing/act/take photographs to express myself... I can't imagine ever having those taken away from me - sight and hearing. Those deserve nifty phobia names, heh.

Does anorexia/bulimia count? [/size]

Guest SweetMisery
I don't think I have any 'wierd' phobias.. or maybe I do.. .. I have a couple of them. For one, I am Deathly afraid of needles, doctors, and hospitals.. Needles hurt and the thought of someone stabbing me with one as I just sit there creeps me out. I get overly jumpy, my stomach flops and I tend to start to hyperventalate. Doctors are overly happy and creepy, they find out a lot of things about you and pretty much dictates what happens to you... Hospitals are overly clean.. and there's needles everywhere.. plus, if they wanted to keep you there they could.. and surgery.. everythings white.. they also make me over emotional... I mean, honestly I'm not really one to sry over anything but while I'm in a hospital it's literally "Hey Kyko, they ran out of jello, doesn't that suck?" and I would burst into tears :animecry: and have to leave the room O.o;; Also.. the food sucks.. :animesigh: .. I don't know what to call that phobia..

I also have claustraphobia. When I'm in a really crowded place, where people brush against me or I can't move quickly.. or people continuously pass in front of me I get all weird. My stomach jumps and I start to feel like I'm sweating too much, also I feel I can't get away.. I begin to panic and my heart speeds up.. and all the rooms start to look smaller.. I hate Elevators :animesigh:

.. I have a few other phobias but I'm too lazy to type the rest of them.. maybe another time.. ^^;

I'm weird. I have the most absolute pathetic phobia. So many people are scared of me (especially my little sister's friends) because I'm so morbid and anti-social. Some people even think I worship the devil (I don't). So I've got this big mean image that people have for me and everybody thinks I'm so mean and tough, but I still have this one stupid little fear. Dancing. I would rather be caught dead then go to a school dance. First of all, I can't dance, second of all, It just scares the crap out of me. I seriously would rather die than dance. I'm not afraid of the dark, or heights, or close spaces, or bugs, or even death, but I'm scared to death of dancing. Pretty pathetic, huh?

One other thing: I sort of have a fear of pills. I have to take like three pills a day (which I call my "crazy pills") and I really hate that too. I can't explain that one, I just really hate taking pills to the point of fear. Maybe I think my kidneys will explode or something, I dunno.....

My phobia used to be being weak. It took me years to figure it out, but now I know where all those nightmares from years ago came from. I've always been confident that I could do anything if I really wanted to do it--heck, I still believe that! But the prospect of [I]not[/I] being able to do something about something scared me to death! Not now though!!! I think I've finally got myself figured out :animesmil
[CENTER]HA! Nothing is impossible!!! Oh yeah.[/CENTER]