OtakuBoards

Do you belive in ghosts, dragons, gnomes,faeries ect.?

_Hikaru_

Hahaha--no.

I love stories about giants, little people, and dragon-slaying adventures of magically inclined fellows and ladies...but it's all make-believe.

Dragons and other monsters are mostly confused images of foreign creatures, like lions, rhinos, etc... brought back to the homeland and further warped.
The assumed their own, fantastical, identity, over time, and are now an essential part of our story-telling culture.

'Sall.

[QUOTE=Godelsensei]Hahaha--no.

I love stories about giants, little people, and dragon-slaying adventures of magically inclined fellows and ladies...but it's all make-believe.

Dragons and other monsters are mostly confused images of foreign creatures, like lions, rhinos, etc... brought back to the homeland and further warped.
The assumed their own, fantastical, identity, over time, and are now an essential part of our story-telling culture.

'Sall.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=DarkRed]That is exactly what I think. Especially the part about the way that things can get warped. People might have seen something that frightened them, and then come up with this story exaggerating how it looked to make themselves look braver and the description could just of kept growing... that's my way of thinking anyway. So no. I do not believe in these things. [/COLOR]

As far as mystical creatures go, I do believe in faery and fawn folk. As for dragons, even though I [I]wish[/I] the big ones existed, I have enough common sense to know that something that large would have been discovered long ago. I do, however believe in the little dragons, I saw one when I was just a little child. Of course, that could've just been some coincedental occurence in which a dragonfly alighted upon a lizard's back. :animesigh I don't believe in ghosts or spirits, though, not my kind of thing.
In confession, I believe in lepprechauns and bogeymonsters. I still look under my bed for 'em. ::checks under bed:: ::hears rustling noise:: :animedepr oh...mi...gawd...
I also believe in the Niponjia (japanese) monsters. That's the kind of thing that just seems common sense to believe in.