OtakuBoards

How straight are you?

skedy

Um okay well, im just a little confused here, I'm gay and i understand being gay, but i don't quite understand Bisexuality. Noth that i'm saying it does'nt exist every where, but i don't think its as genuine as alot of people think. I know when i came out of the closet about a year ago, almoast all my friends did, most of wich i don't think realy are gay, but my other friends that wanted the attention of being a homosexual yet still wantd relationships with the opposite gender became "bi". i know it probably exists but it seams like it's turned into a fad, wich is realy pathetic when people resort to sexual orientation do get attention.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[i][color=darkgreen][b]I think it's pretty easy to differentiate between the people who claim to have "become" bisexual and the people who were actually born that way[/b][/color][/i][b][i][color=#006400](in other words- the fakers from the actual bisexuals).[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#006400][/color][/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#006400]Typically, the ones that weren't bi last year but somehow are now--they're faking it.[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#006400]And the ones that are constantly talkng about their bisexuality- they're usually faking, as well.[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#006400]And then there are the fakers who claim that they desperately want someone of their own gender, gush about it for months, and then run away from any potential romantic involvement with said person... but screw several people of the opposite gender in the meantime without a second thought. Those people are usually fakers as well.[/color][/i][/b]
[b][i][color=#006400]I don't understand why these people think that it's cool to be bi... cool enough to pretend that they want to be with people that they really have no desire for... I just don't understand it--but I've met a lot of people who tried to fake their sexuality, and it never really works. It's kind of sad... and, to put it bluntly-stupid.[/color][/i][/b]

Guest Yamasaki
Between school and computer program hacking I don't really think too much about my sexual intrest but when my mind wander and I think about it I guess I like females but I know good at getting one or talking to one :animeswea

I'm straight as can be and I'm also secure enough in my sexuality that I can say a woman is pretty without worrying people will think I'm a lesbian, lol.

The only time homosexuality bothers me is when I think a guy is cute (or I've begun crushing on him) and he turns out to be gay, thereby bulldozing my innocent fantasies about hooking up with him. Although that also goes for straight guys who are "snatched" by someone XD

[SIZE=1]No, I'm not a petty person >>;;[/SIZE]

[QUOTE=Lalaith Ril][color=purple]
The weird thing that I've noticed is; around here it seems if a person is bisexual they are a lot more open minded towards sexual activity then other people. In other words most bisexuals around here are considered sluts, and I'd almost say its true. I don't know if thats just a coincidence or is a common occurance throughout bisexuals. [/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma] I think they think that because Bisexuals sleep with both genders, and some not saying all have a boyfriend AND a girlfriend at the same time. I don't think thats right, they should just stick with one person, but I'm pretty sure why thats why alot of people think bisexuals are slutty. It may also be that I've actually seen people PRETEND to be bisexual because they think its cool, preferrably chicks, who want to impress guys. I have lots of friends who are really bisexual and Its degrading when you see people pretend to be bi to be cool. But there is no fact stating that all bisexuals are sluts, they are just more honest about sexual activities I've noticed.

As for me, I'm a girl. And yes I'm straight. Although I could say that I've been attracted to many guys who've turn out to be gay much to my disliking lol and also get hit on by lesbians alot. It doesn't bother me, hey whatever floats your boat. But I doubt I'll ever be interested in a woman in my lifetime. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Dirt][i][color=darkgreen][b]I think it's pretty easy to differentiate between the people who claim to have "become" bisexual and the people who were actually born that way[/b][/color][/i][b][i][color=#006400](in other words- the fakers from the actual bisexuals).[/color][/i'][/b][/quote][COLOR=Purple][SIZE=1]There's no such thing as 'being born that way'. No one is born gay or lesbian or bisexual. You could be so straight yesterday, and even swear to yourself that you will be for the rest of life, then you could suddenly fall for someone of the same sex and discover you are bisexual the next day.

[B][COLOR=Plum]You are not born with it. You discover it.[/COLOR][/B]

But I agree with your feelings about these fakers, but I'll stop here because the issue is so stupid for discussion.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Mimmi][SIZE=1']No, I'm not a petty person >>;;[/SIZE][/quote][B][COLOR=Plum][SIZE=1]She's lying. This girl turns me on.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I was talking to a friend, ex-member of OB, earlier today and he said something I thought was pretty funny, well sort of funny. We were talking about sexuality, as you do when you're bored and wandering aimlessly around town. He believes that their are people who are genuinely bisexual but there are also people that he has taken to calling 'bi-curious'. He believes these people want to experience what their own sex has to offer but aren't really attracted to them, they simply want to try kissing someone or claim they are 'into' same sex relationships to further their own reputation or, as it has been suggest here, to make themselves seem more appeling to a potential partner.

I agree with his points and think that pretending to be bisexual to further one's self socially or to aid in 'scoring' is ridiculous. I genuinely support people who are actually curious to what it would be like to 'get with', to whatever degree, a member of their own sex but can't help be offended by the fakers.

No one can be born gay or bi, or even straight for that matter. I believe people's sexuality is determined by their own personal thoughts, emotions and experiences. And like Hevn said, it is entirely possible for someone to believe that they are as straight as it gets and come to realise, maybe ot over night, that they do have an interest in the opposite sex, even if it is only for a specific individual. Personally I would not consider a person to be bisexual if they have a crush or are attracted to a single member of their sex. I think people need to be attracted to multiple individual's of their gender or acted upon their feelings for an individual of it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=skedy][COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]I was talking to a friend, ex-member of OB, earlier today and he said something I thought was pretty funny, well sort of funny. We were talking about sexuality, as you do when you're bored and wandering aimlessly around town. He believes that their are people who are genuinely bisexual but there are also people that he has taken to calling 'bi-curious'. He believes these people want to experience what their own sex has to offer but aren't really attracted to them, they simply want to try kissing someone or claim they are 'into' same sex relationships to further their own reputation or, as it has been suggest here, to make themselves seem more appeling to a potential partner.

I agree with his points and think that pretending to be bisexual to further one's self socially or to aid in 'scoring' is ridiculous. I genuinely support people who are actually curious to what it would be like to 'get with', to whatever degree, a member of their own sex but can't help be offended by the fakers.

No one can be born gay or bi, or even straight for that matter. I believe people's sexuality is determined by their own personal thoughts, emotions and experiences. And like Hevn said, it is entirely possible for someone to believe that they are as straight as it gets and come to realise, maybe ot over night, that they do have an interest in the opposite sex, even if it is only for a specific individual. Personally I would not consider a person to be bisexual if they have a crush or are attracted to a single member of their sex. I think people need to be attracted to multiple individual's of their gender or acted upon their feelings for an individual of it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=1]There is a big difference between being bi-curious and being a fake. Bi-curious is when people are actually experimenting to see if they are indeed, bisexual or not. It's a phase that alot of people I know atleast have gone through. Fakers are people who use it to get attention from friends or others. Just thought I'd put that out there. Still I'm not sure if having a crush on the same sex is considererd bi-curious or not. [/FONT][/SIZE]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Hehe. Yeah I probably didn't get that across too well Pumpkin. I agree totally with you but didn't express it overly well I think. There is a huge difference between fakers and bi-curious people. The point I was trying to make is that I respect and support people who are genuinely bi-curious and want to experience what their own sex has to offer but have no respect for the people simply faking it.

Also I think whether having a crush on the same sex being considered bi-curious is hazy at best. I'm interested to know what the others following this thread think about it.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Well the original topic was experiances right? Well I havent had any... Well I have but it was one sided.

I was invited to a party and decided to go even though I normally dont do the whole social thing. She invited like 20 people but only one person and myself actually showed up.

So the three of us just sat around watching movies listning to music and playing guessing games and such. Like who said "______" and what movie was it or stuff like that. We also acted out scenes and the other two people would try to guess what scene and movie it was from. I felt EXTREAMLY uncomfortable there and did not participate in quite a few things they did.

For example The girl throwing the party took out duck tape and put it on like you would wax. She then ripped it off and laughed about the hairs that she had removed. She whined about pain but did it anywyas. The other girl joined in and they begged poked and bugged me to get me to join but I refused. I also didnt like the get close and draw on each other thing.

I also refused to slide down the stairs and get to involved in any of the close contact games and close contact things they did. Your wondering by now what that has to do with my sexuality but well...

I am BiSexual and here I am with two other girls whom I find extreamly attractive. Well I felt very uncomfortable being around them even though they personally didnt know about me being Bi. I just couldnt let myself enjoy for fear of how they might react if I got into having fun and let something slip like saying something or something like that.

Later I did tell the girl who threw the party but only because I let it slip.

I refuse to tell my father and mom because of different reasons. My mother is JW and I dont even want to go through the lectures that I know Ill hear. As for my dad... He thinks that "gays and people like them should just leave everyone else alone. They can get married as long as they call it something else." as he has said it. Im just afraid of telling him.

So only a few people really know about me *laugh* and I dont care now about telling them. And I agree with JUU. I beleive that the soul is genderless. Ageless too but lots of people have problems with age differences. I dont get it *Shrug* But that has nothing to do with this thread so I wont go into it.

EDIT:

As for the Bi-Curious thing Im not to sure on that subject. I would have called myself curious many years back but Iv had experiances since then that has made it apparent. Anyways I sort of beleive that If you have a crush on someone of the same gender and you also like the opposite gender its not exactly curiousity its attraction. Same thing I guess *shrug* Im not a very smart person so I could be speaking nonsense. I do think though that you really dont know if your one or the other or inbetween untill you experiance it.

They sometimes say that when you want to be a nurse you should try doing something like that. Experiance it and it might change your mind. I think that works with thinking you might be Bi... But like i said im not to intellegent on subjects such as these so eh... It might be nonsense flowing from my fingers.

[color=indigo]I can only write from the experience of having known dozens bisexuals throughout my life. I think bisexuality is more or less a phase.

I?ll explain why I think the way I do.

First, let?s just remove sex from the equation. Everybody has their kinks when it comes to sex and I believe that a lot of people experiment just to find out what turns them on and what turns them off. With sexual ?taboos? becoming less and less taboo as time progresses the line between homosexuality, bisexuality, and experimentation really blurs.

Instead, let?s look at ?gay? and ?straight? in terms of a lifelong romantic relationship. Every bisexual that I have known has had an underlying preference as to which sex their life partner will be. Actually, every bisexual I know has ended up being homosexual. However, with homosexuality becoming almost fad-like, I am sure the opposite situation will begin to occur more often than it has in the past.

Anyway, back to the point. Our society emphasizes two thoughts that can really confuse young (and not so young) people when it comes to sexual orientation. The first is the idea of a man and a woman being the basis of all relationships. From a young age the union of a man and a woman is hammered into our heads to the point where we believe that true happiness (love) lies within that relationship alone. Now say there is a boy who is gay, who is naturally attracted to men. From the time he was born he was told man and woman, man and woman, man and woman, but his heart tells him man and man, man and man, man and man. Is it any wonder that he is confused and experiments with relationships with both groups until he finds the one that best suits him?

The second thought is that ?because you are different you are gay?. I think this idea, coupled with the idea that homosexuality is accepted but not really (making it almost defiant), is starting to make homosexuality fad-like. Young people that don?t quite know their place in the world want to be defiant and I think a lot of young people embrace bisexuality to be a part of a defiant, against the norm culture.

Anyway, that is where my thoughts on bisexuality fall. Then again, I am just an observer perfectly confident in my heterosexuality, what do I know?[/color]

Guest Ami the 2nd
I'm bisexual, and I don't really care what people think. I won't date anyone; Im very picky when it comes to relationships, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. I don't care about gender; I care about love.

[QUOTE=Heaven's Cloud][color=indigo]I can only write from the experience of having known dozens bisexuals throughout my life. I think bisexuality is more or less a phase.
Anyway, back to the point. Our society emphasizes two thoughts that can really confuse young (and not so young) people when it comes to sexual orientation. The first is the idea of a man and a woman being the basis of all relationships. From a young age the union of a man and a woman is hammered into our heads to the point where we believe that true happiness (love) lies within that relationship alone. Now say there is a boy who is gay, who is naturally attracted to men. From the time he was born he was told man and woman, man and woman, man and woman, but his heart tells him man and man, man and man, man and man. Is it any wonder that he is confused and experiments with relationships with both groups until he finds the one that best suits him?
The second thought is that ?because you are different you are gay?. I think this idea, coupled with the idea that homosexuality is accepted but not really (making it almost defiant), is starting to make homosexuality fad-like. Young people that don?t quite know their place in the world want to be defiant and I think a lot of young people embrace bisexuality to be a part of a defiant, against the norm culture.[/color][/QUOTE]
[b][color=darkgreen]Sorry, HC, but although it's a fine theory, it isn't the case-- at least not with me nor most bi people I know.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400][/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Just because a bisexual eventually decides on a life mate, that doesn't mean that they were just experimenting or deluding themself into thinking that they loved the people of the sex not chosen.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]If I eventually decide that I want to marry a woman, that doesn't mean that I was hetero all along.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Bisexual people aren't confused. Perhaps a little overwhelmed with their options,:animeswea but not confused, by any means.[/color][/b]
[quote name='Ami the 2nd']I'm bisexual, and I don't really care what people think. I don't care about gender; I care about love.[/quote]
[b][color=darkgreen]Here here! Very well put, Ami.[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Perhaps a better theory is that bisexuals are a little less superficial than homosexuals and heteros-- they are looking past the physical gender and straight into the personality and soul-- and both male and female people can have beautiful personalities and souls. After all, love isn't real if it isn't based on those things...[/color][/b]

[COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Perhaps a better theory is that bisexuals are a little less superficial than homosexuals and heteros-- they are looking past the physical gender and straight into the personality and soul-- and both male and female people can have beautiful personalities and souls. After all, love isn't real if it isn't based on those things...[/[/B]COLOR]

I so agree with that theory, about looking straight into the personality and soul. I have always found my self attracted to people based on their personality and not what gender they are. Which is why I stated in earlier posts that I thought I must be bisexual even though I've never dated another girl yet. Love to me has always been about what someone is like, not their looks, or gender.

[color=#B0251E]Bisexuals less superficial? That's one of the most bizarre things I've heard in a while.

Your sexuality isn't just about what kind of "looks" you prefer. Don't forget that two straight people can still have totally different physical tastes. Sexuality is a [i]lot[/i] deeper than that - your gender goes to the absolute core of who you are. So sexuality is based on far more than simply superficial issues.

In terms of bisexuality, I think that a lot of people are at least "partly" bisexual. I mean, I think a lot of people could probably go either way - or could be at least somewhat attracted to one gender or the other. However, I do think that most bisexual people tend to generally prefer one gender to the other (this is what I'm aware of based on bisexual friends, anyway). So I have never really come across a bisexual person who is equally attracted to both genders.[/color]

[quote=Hevn]There's no such thing as 'being born that way'. No one is born gay or lesbian or bisexual. You could be so straight yesterday, and even swear to yourself that you will be for the rest of life, then you could suddenly fall for someone of the same sex and discover you are bisexual the next day.
[/quote]

[color=#B0251E]Oh, you're definitely born with a certain orientation. But I do agree that you can also discover it. However, it's not that you've "changed overnight" - it's that you've discovered what is already there.

It reminds me of straight people who have had crushes on people of the same sex during their life (especially as teenagers). This can happen and it can be there, but it may not mean that you are inherently gay. You kind of settle into your orientation and you're overwhelmingly one way or the other. The same is true for gay people or anyone else.

So, if you "swear you are straight" and then you fall in love with someone of the same sex...that means you were [i]always[/i] bisexual. Whether you acknowledged it to yourself or not is an entirely different story (and indeed, whether or not you actually found someone that you had feelings for).[/color]

How straight am I? Depends on how you define gay I guess.

I have one or two male friends who if they were female I would be married to! They just have the sort of mind I love in a person. Though as they are male I am completely uninterested, but even then I am attracted to some males but nothing more than fleeting thoughts. Probably some thing to do with their faces? Apart from that I am only interested in females, they have all the cool things guys don't. :)

So I would rate myself as completely hetro.

I will agree with Heaven's Cloud on her post. I also think [i]some[/i] of this is 'playing' and fad like.

[QUOTE=James][color=#b0251e]Bisexuals less superficial? That's one of the most bizarre things I've heard in a while.
Your sexuality isn't just about what kind of "looks" you prefer. Don't forget that two straight people can still have totally different physical tastes. Sexuality is a [i]lot[/i] deeper than that - your gender goes to the absolute core of who you are. So sexuality is based on far more than simply superficial issues.[/QUOTE]
[/color] [b][font=Comic Sans MS]I think that Dirt meant more than just looks. I think what he was getting at was that gender doesn't even come into the equation with bisexuals- that they are only concerned with who the person is within.At least, that's what I took his meaning to be, and apparently, so did SunfallE.[/font][/b]

[color=#b0251e][color=#000000][quote name='James][/color']Oh, you're definitely born with a certain orientation. But I do agree that you can also discover it. However, it's not that you've "changed overnight" - it's that you've discovered what is already there.[/color][/quote]
[b][font=Comic Sans MS]I agree that you're born with it. I knew from a very young age that I was atrracted to both genders...and as far as "discovering it"...well, I think there's a difference between someone who genuinely was uncertain and someone who decided upon a sexuality as a result of circumstance (ie: the hetero women who decide that they hate men and are going to be lez because they were traumatized by men in the past) The latter, I wouldn't refer to as "discovery".[/font][/b]

Guest duo337
I have no idea how straight I am. I never had a date before in my life much less any girls (or guys for that matter) who would be even has shown the slightest bit of interest in me sexually. I suppose I am not homosexual or even bi. I perfer to be around women.

Though as it stands, last time I checked, most people trying to be preists are not allowed to marry. To be honest, it kinda makes me wonder how someone is gay. I mean, people say they experament and toy with the idea. Everyone from anime writers to the pope (god rest his soul) has touched on homosexuality. It has been around since roman times and probably before that. But it honestly bothers me how someone is homosexual or bi. I mean, I could not walk up to my best friend and kiss him. I would probably shoot myself (meaning too this time -_-). I suppose for that reason I could never be gay, much less understand others happyness though it. But whatever makes you happy, I suppose that is fine with me lol.

[QUOTE=duo337]I have no idea how straight I am. I never had a date before in my life much less any girls (or guys for that matter) who would be even has shown the slightest bit of interest in me sexually. I suppose I am not homosexual or even bi. I perfer to be around women.

Though as it stands, last time I checked, most people trying to be preists are not allowed to marry. To be honest, it kinda makes me wonder how someone is gay. I mean, people say they experament and toy with the idea. Everyone from anime writers to the pope (god rest his soul) has touched on homosexuality. It has been around since roman times and probably before that. But it honestly bothers me how someone is homosexual or bi. I mean, I could not walk up to my best friend and kiss him. I would probably shoot myself (meaning too this time -_-). I suppose for that reason I could never be gay, much less understand others happyness though it. But whatever makes you happy, I suppose that is fine with me lol.[/QUOTE]
[b][color=darkgreen]I'm a little unclear on what you've said here-- did you just make a reference to shooting your best friend and then yourself for a theoretical kiss?:rolleyes: [/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Plus, you say it "honestly bothers you" that someone can be gay or bi, but then you finish with "whatever makes you happy, I suppose that's fine with me"? (and yet another: :rolleyes: )[/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]Couldn't you have just answered with something like: I'm very straight and I prefer the company of women-- or something along those lines instead of trying to prove your disgust with gays and bis and simultaneously seem like you were open-minded and accepting?:animesigh [/color][/b]
[b][color=#006400]lol-- Get off the fence on the issue, k? And this isn't really a "Do you accept the sexuality of others?" thread, either, is it? [/color][/b]

[COLOR=Teal][SIZE=1][FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode]Just thought I'd add this point - Our society is primarily based around the ancient Greek one, from politics to aesthetic appeal and morals. What we consider to be bisexual was normal in Greek society however. They believed that the woman was so inferior that there could never truly be love between a man and a woman. So the vast majority of ancient Greek males were participants in same sex relationships but also acknowledged that they needed to produce children so they procreated with and even came close to 'wedding' females.

Rome actually thought this practice was less than civilised and tended to scorn it, though there have always been homosexuals and bisexuals, in every period of history, but ancient Greece was the only area with a society that was mostly bisexual.

Kinda makes me wonder if the reason so many people are curious about bisexuality because of the influence our society has on us. In such a sexually driven world, western world at least, it seems natural to me that someone would want to experience what the same sex has to offer when the 'perfect' physical depiction of that is being plastered all over walls and flashed across tv screens almost everywhere we go.

Oh, personally I think it's great that people are so open about sex, I don't want anyone to mistake the above statement for one of those 'society is going to the craphouse' rants - because it isn't. Contrary to many people's views I think sex is another outlet for people to enjoy. While I think it can be more, I don't think that sex necessarily has to be a deep and meaningful connection, people do it for fun all the time, and why not?

There's my opinion, what does eveyone else think about it?[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

I am straight as an arrow. As Motley Crue said all I think about is Girls Girls Girls.

I am know I am straight I have always liked girls never thought anything else, but I really dont care what sexual preference other people have I don't seem to have any friends who are gay none have came out if they are.

I generraly consider myself to be straight for the most part. Other peoples sexuality doesn't tend to bother me and since I found out that my half sister was gay it has become even less of a concern. People don't nescisarily (sp?) change just because they swing one way or the other. They can still be your friends all the same.

I would have to agree. At this time I currently find myself heterosexual, but I know that could probably change if I met the perfect guy for me. And yes, anyone can tell if someone is attractive, regardless of their sexual preference. I know I can tell an attractive male, but just because I find them attractive doesn't mean that I am attracted to them. Does that make sense? It does to me.

Here, lets try this scenario. Say you are homosexual. You would probably see someone of the opposite gender who others find physically attractive and think [I]Dang, that person looks fine[/I] and still have no sexual impulses whatsoever. I think of a good-looking person as like a piece of art. You should both acknowledge and respect an appealing person,even if you would not want to partner up with them. Okay, I know that sounds shallow, but the same thing goes for a personality. You know all you out there have found at least one person of the same or opposite of your sexual prefference and realized that you would want to spend the rest of your life with that person, even if you don't want to be a couple. Those special people are called best friends, and your life partner,regardless of their gender, should always be first your best friend, your lover second.