OtakuBoards

Super Smash Brothers. . ^_^

NorykoAngelcry

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Okay, I don't know if I should put this, so any Mod can delete this part of the post if they think it is needed...

[url]http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/gentopic.asp?board=32502[/url]

In these boards, I've seen some things that have made Melee a whole new thing for me. Spoilers abound, proof of secret characters and stages, and many other things that have surprised me.

Now back to the topic...

My favorite is Kirby. My best technique is to close in on my enemies, then grapple them multiple times (I love anoying people :devil:). I do it in a way that it's almost impossible to save yourself. And I can use all his other moves in ways most of you have never seen... [/B][/QUOTE]

ok.i.went.to.the.thing.and.it.had.some.secret.characters
but.they.said./how.to.unlock.Luigi.
well.Luigi.is.not.on.Super.SmashBrosMelee
So.those.are.probably.fake

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1][FONT=arial][COLOR=green][B]

erm.. luigi is in ssbm..

and noryko.. that's not edge guarding.. edge guarding means that the person can't even get to hold onto the edge.. so basically if you're coming back from the abyss.. and you do your triple jump to grab onto the edge.. edge guarding means that as you attempt to grab on.. you'll get hit back.. and since you haven't grabbed onto the ledge you haven't got access to your double and triple jumps since you just used them.. so basically.. you're screwed if they edge guard.. so yeah.. edge guarding means you won't be able to grab onto the ledge..

and feel sorry for us in australia as well.. 'autumn' release? bah
have we got a set date yet james?

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

Im indefeated wit hKirby he is da bomb with that Rock form. no ne can harm me. Exceot the throws. And the Final Cutter attack is the best. and his copy attack is the bomb i always eat smaus copy her and use the chargershot attack.
SSB M is gonna be phat

Well i have no one personi play as. I like and am really good with Link, Samus, Pikachu, and Fox. Most of the time i go with a full offence and dodge a lot of counters. i like pikachu, i will usethe up-B and get out of the way of an attack in just a nick of time. and then use the left-or right-A use a smash attack.

[SIZE=1]Can I aslo post my 5 year old bro's skills with samus.... he can almost beat me... the lil' prodigee!

Martin(samus):What he has is a good strategy. He launches an all out assault with the same attacks :D and he also throws you alot. When you are coming near him, running, he fires a small cannon beam and keeps doin it until he can get away. When you are far away, he plants mines and charges his laser...
He's excellent at it... he maybe able to beat one of you... serious...[/SIZE]

At least SSb couldve let u be Metal Mario and MASTER HAnd even though Hand really SUCKED!!
so ur lil bro sG wins a lot???
My five year old twin bros. Are sinches at this game although they dont compare to me.

[B][SIZE=1]Can I aslo post my 5 year old bro's skills with samus.... he can almost beat me... the lil' prodigee!

Martin(samus):What he has is a good strategy. He launches an all out assault with the same attacks :D and he also throws you alot. When you are coming near him, running, he fires a small cannon beam and keeps doin it until he can get away. When you are far away, he plants mines and charges his laser...
He's excellent at it... he maybe able to beat one of you... serious...[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=firebrick][SIZE=1]I love hearing the strategies of EVERYONE who plays this game, not just the posters. Thanks for putting in your bro :D

I will put in a Samus user as well:

Jimmy - Samus - He LOVES to throw. . and his UP + B attack can be the most annoying thing in the world, as he tends to catch you no matter what or where you are, LOL. He loves using his powered up B attack, and though most of us keep an uneasy eye on it, someone usually always gets hit (even if it is himself, because Jay will use Fox's deflector shield to knock it back, HAHAHA). Jimmy is getting to be more annoying then I really ever thought he could be. He is getting to be pretty fast with Samus, and tends to do a lot of her moves, which I never really thought would be good against the majority of my moves. I tend to get frustrated really early with Jimmy, and end up just killing him as soon as I can. But frustration leads to mistakes, and I will find myself at the end of one of his throws a lot, and get tossed off. While he is really not THAT tough to beat, he is really getting good, and even gives Jay(Fox) a run for his money. It is a blast watching him, especially when he gets all cocky and thinks he is the bomb! :D

Then we just drop what we are doing and make him shut up. LOL

~~On a side note. . why does everyone say you are undefeated, have you even bothered to play vs. a lot of other people? I mean, I have seen your tactics used time and time again by my own friends, and . . . well. . . it isn't anything THAT special to stop. Know that I am not saying that I am the absolute BEST at this game, and I know that I have been defeated a LOT, but I have also won a ton, and on a one-on-one match, I can be really good. If you are comparing your skill to the computer, think again, becuase they are not THAT tough. . .well. . I might seem like I am yelling. .but I had a friend that said he was the best at this game. . he came over my friends house and played once, got dropped almost instantly in a one kill match. . got pissed, and wouldn't play again, LOL. . .well. . guess that shut him up pretty fast. *shrugs*~~[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=1][FONT=arial][COLOR=green][B]

hey.. isn't anyone going to comment on edge guarding??
anywhos.. for the people say they are undefeatable.. i'm going with noryko and saying that you have no idea of the greater challenges in the game.. and though it depends on your friend's skill as well.. if you want a nice challenge using just the comps.. make it 3 against 1 with three level 9 HARD characters.. with no items and see how you fare.. considering they can rack up the damage on you to about 100 in a second or so.. and their suicides don't count.. that's just shoddy ai

[/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/B]

Any way yes edge guarding is very annoying. Except when I'm not the one falling to my doom. O and I wil post my 8 year old bros stratigity

First he chooses Kirby then whines and begs until hes on my team. Then he does nothing and lets me kill the computer.

[COLOR=indigo]For Super Smash Brothers.... I find that I do the best when I'm playing as Pikachu or Yoshi. Most of the other characters lack good special techniques(NOT tools or weapons- ie: Pikachu's cool thunder thing, and Yoshi's swallow move.) Or maybe it's just me, not recognizing them...[/COLOR]

well when i play, i play with my 13 y/o cuz, my 9 y/o cuz, and a lvl 9 random computer. i am always fox or C. Falcon, my 13 y/o cuz is kirby and my 9 y/o cuz love to be "Suicide" Kong as he calls him. he picks up people and walks off the edge with them. it's always a TON of fun. we play SSB for hours on end. i can't wait for SSBM.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DaRk DrAgOn [/i]
[B]ummm...actually Luigi isn't in SSBM.So if you think he is you're wrong...sorry to say.I was reading an official Nintendo magazine and they said Luigi is not in SSBM.They claim he was busy making Luigi's Mansion:laugh: .Well,anyways that's it [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=green][font=arial][b]

i certainly hope you're kidding there.. if he's not in there.. it must be his identical twin brother eh? look at the screenshots.. look at the character select screen even.. gee

anywhoz.. edge guarding is cheap.. i'm refraining from using it anymore.. unless some cheap level 9 character is cheating out of it's ***.. but against human players definitely not..

abd my bro's stategy? gee.. he just kicks.. i'm in competition to kill more than him even.. he's that good

[/size][/color][/font][/b]

[SIZE=1]My favorite character is Pikachu. Why? Because I can hit you up in the air with the Up+A attack, then jump up and hit you twice with the Up+A Air attack, then finish it with the Down+A Air attack. Heheheheh.
And on Saffron City, I am the master of combos. I go down on the left side of the stage, on the little building, and bounce you off the right wall 5 times with the Down+A attack. Then, on the last bounce, you're bouncing so fast that the attack doesn't hit you until you're on the left side of me, and you go flying off the edge. :devil:

My strategy? I don't have one.
When I play, I relax every muscle in my body and half focus my eyes. I only hold the controller tight enough to push the buttons. When I'm like this, I kick major ***. I seem to see every little movement in slow motion. I can time my attack just right, so that it breaks through my opponents attack. I am in "The Zone".
I have gotten to the point where I can predict what a CPU player is going to do next, and start my attack early, so the CPU player actually rolls into my attack. When I play with 3 Lv. 9 CPU characters, I never loose.

I really get sick of people saying that they're "undefeated". Sooner or later, you loose. It's just unavoidable.

Oh, and about the hidden characters in SSBM, just wait and see. It is, only 9 more days 'til it's released.
And I think Luigi will be in it, because they've said that all of the original characters are in it, plus more, and Luigi is an original character. Who knows though.

I've also attached my review of Super Smash Bros. if anyone is interested.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]My favorite character is Pikachu. Why? Because I can hit you up in the air with the Up+A attack, then jump up and hit you twice with the Up+A Air attack, then finish it with the Down+A Air attack. Heheheheh.
And on Saffron City, I am the master of combos. I go down on the left side of the stage, on the little building, and bounce you off the right wall 5 times with the Down+A attack. Then, on the last bounce, you're bouncing so fast that the attack doesn't hit you until you're on the left side of me, and you go flying off the edge. :devil:

My strategy? I don't have one.
When I play, I relax every muscle in my body and half focus my eyes. I only hold the controller tight enough to push the buttons. When I'm like this, I kick major ***. I seem to see every little movement in slow motion. I can time my attack just right, so that it breaks through my opponents attack. I am in "The Zone".
I have gotten to the point where I can predict what a CPU player is going to do next, and start my attack early, so the CPU player actually rolls into my attack. When I play with 3 Lv. 9 CPU characters, I never loose.

I really get sick of people saying that they're "undefeated". Sooner or later, you loose. It's just unavoidable.

Oh, and about the hidden characters in SSBM, just wait and see. It is, only 9 more days 'til it's released.
And I think Luigi will be in it, because they've said that all of the original characters are in it, plus more, and Luigi is an original character. Who knows though.

I've also attached my review of Super Smash Bros. if anyone is interested.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Your stratedgy seems really good... I still need practice against ONE lvl.9 cpu because I haven't been on it for a month! :laugh:[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]

[SIZE=1]Your stratedgy seems really good... I still need practice against ONE lvl.9 cpu because I haven't been on it for a month! :laugh:[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]
I remember when I was first starting to take on three Lv. 9 CPU players, (usually C. Falcon, DK and Luigi). I would get REALLY pissed off at the game... Until one day I started playing and I was perfectly calm... And I won that match with the most points I had ever gotten... And I've been playing that way ever since.

Some times I have to force myself to be calm if I start to get beaten. (Usually I only get mad when my brother's ******* friend comes over and plays with us, because he'll kick me when he loses, or just for no reason. A few months ago I got a pair of steel toed boots and I started kicking back. That made the kicks less frequent). :devil:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]
I remember when I was first starting to take on three Lv. 9 CPU players, (usually C. Falcon, DK and Luigi). I would get REALLY pissed off at the game... Until one day I started playing and I was perfectly calm... And I won that match with the most points I had ever gotten... And I've been playing that way ever since.

Some times I have to force myself to be calm if I start to get beaten. (Usually I only get mad when my brother's ******* friend comes over and plays with us, because he'll kick me when he loses, or just for no reason. A few months ago I got a pair of steel toed boots and I started kicking back. That made the kicks less frequent). :devil: [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I had a friend that liked to hit me. . ^_^ Lets just say, that he doesn't anymore. I absolutely can't stand people that try to be violent when they lose. Almost as bad as people that just give up if things are not going their way. . how sad.

As for level 9 computer characters - 3 Ness' is a good challenge. Trying to think of some other REALLY good ones. I can take 3 Level 9 DKs, and 3 Level 9 Captain Falcons pretty easy. There is less of a challenge if you play vs. 3 random level 9's depending on the ones you pick of course. Also, the computer will change it's strategies from time to time, making it pretty interesting to play.

Hmmm. . who else to disect now? Erick? sure. . .LOL

Erick - Captain Falcon - He plays full offensive, charging into almost any fight he sees on the screen. With Captain Falcon's speed, he can get there in no time, slam one of the fighters, and run off across the board to kill someone else, LOL. He LOVES the UP + B attack, and uses that no matter where he is. This really sucks, since usually I am the one on the recieving end, hahahaha. He is much better then others, but since he hardly plays as much as he used to, I don't really consider him much of a threat as opposed to being really an annoying player . . sorry Erick =P[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Almost as bad as people that just give up if things are not going their way. . how sad.[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, he does that too. He'll also give up right before the end of a match too, instead of waiting 10 seconds for it too end. That really pisses me off, because then it won't give a winner, it just gives how many KOs and TKOs a player got. Then he hits the button really quick so that we can hardly see the scores, and then he claims that he won.