OtakuBoards

Super Smash Brothers. . ^_^

NorykoAngelcry

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by jcgoudy [/i]
[B]

Yeah, he does that too. He'll also give up right before the end of a match too, instead of waiting 10 seconds for it too end. That really pisses me off, because then it won't give a winner, it just gives how many KOs and TKOs a player got. Then he hits the button really quick so that we can hardly see the scores, and then he claims that he won. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I hate, I hate, I hate when people just GIVE UP. . BLEARG!! >_< Steve(plays Pikachu, if I have not put him in here yet. . ) used to do that a lot. I would kill him first, then target everyone else. . when we got down pretty close to the end and he would start and end it, then try to play it off like he didn't do anything.

Constant yelling has sort of swayed him from killing the games early, and hopefully he has gotten out of that phase. . =P We usually have to beat down the person who resets the game. All in all, most people are pretty good about it ^_^ so no one goes home with a black eye. LOL. . we are horrible if people try to screws with our game :D[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend and I can take on anyone as Link (him) and Fox (me).

They just make a great team. That and the fact that my friend and I always do excellent co-op jobs.

So I always play as Fox.
His strengths - He's super fast, has great aerial and ground recovery, he's pretty strong, he can get off a lot of attacks quickly, and almost nothing can beat his reflect shield. I can't count the times I've gotten the last kill just from using that move. He also has a really great air-juggle attack.

His weaknesses - He's just not as strong as some of the other characters. And yes, his reflect can be countered by physical attacks, but I've mastered the use of both his shields and how to avoid attacks.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stormbringer [/i]
[B]My friend and I can take on anyone as Link (him) and Fox (me).

They just make a great team. That and the fact that my friend and I always do excellent co-op jobs.

So I always play as Fox.
His strengths - He's super fast, has great aerial and ground recovery, he's pretty strong, he can get off a lot of attacks quickly, and almost nothing can beat his reflect shield. I can't count the times I've gotten the last kill just from using that move. He also has a really great air-juggle attack.

His weaknesses - He's just not as strong as some of the other characters. And yes, his reflect can be countered by physical attacks, but I've mastered the use of both his shields and how to avoid attacks. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]LOL, my friend Jay and I (which also play Fox and Link - in that order) are also untouchable playing on a team. We are the better players of all that we play with, but on the same team. . stand back. . LOL

Best thing for fun is to turn on team attacks :naughty: Me and him will try to kill each other with or without team attacks on. . so regardless, you are in for a fun time ^_^ I love to throw my bombs at my teamates. . just for fun, but they always get all phsyco at me *boggle* wonder why~

[EDIT] 300th post. . ROFL . . . go me~~ kk, bye[END EDIT]
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ok here goes my stragey.

Pikachu: I usually like to start off with a head butt attack and since he is so fast I don't get hit but my compettion (my bro. I will post his stragy later) has gotten used to that. So I do that or dash jump and do a kick. This usuall gets them on the ground and if not I repeat. When they do fall I rush over to them and as soon as they get up I use the up A attack and juggle them until they are a little ways above me, and when a feel the time is right or they get to high I let lose a thunder. Then I use a double quick attack and back off or if he is high enough I will stay under him and try to keep using thunder when he comes toward me. It's very good against Kirby since he usuall flys high (my bro).

What I don't like about Pikachu: His attacks lack variety, I think his b move is crap. So that only leaves me with phyical and tunder attacks since the up B move doesn't do damge. Other than that Its good.

My bro, Kirby: He is very annoying and is an equall challenge to me. His basic strategy is floating up and turing into a rock on your head. This gets very annoying after a while. Other than that he is all out offensive. He charges you and his up A is deadly. My bro uses kirby like a jet. He is incredbly good in the air. He can sometimes pull off four moves on me without touching the ground (rare).

Well thats about it. I have some cousins that play this game but It's been a long time since I played this.

Here's a challenge: Get three good Kirby players and play a 1 on 3 match with them. I do this with my cousins and bro sometimes, all I can say is that it ends up in all out madness since to make it a little more fair we don't have it set on team battle. My main strategy for fighting them like this is try to get them all in the middle, than do a triple (pikachu's jumps are sometimes 4 differnt ones though) jump straight up into the air. He is very fast and leaves all the kirbys on the ground hitting each other. Very fun.

I can't wait until SSBM comes out. What was the release date agian?

I hate Pikachu in that game, and ridicule anyone that plays against me with them. He's too damn cheap. Swear to god, every time one of my friends does that little headbutt move over and over again, I hit them for real. Rob and I don't tollerate cheapness period.

I guess my main gripe with Pikachu is that when people start with him, they wuss out on learning to play with other people. I try to rotate between my best 4 characters every other round or so.

But the master of all cheapness will always be Jiggly Puff. You can knock someone out with 2-4 attacks. Beware the puff of the Darkside.....

I Play Four Main Guys.

Link:
I Grab My Opponent,Throw Them And That's Where My Edge Garding
Skills Come In Handy.When Me And My Friend Play,He's C.Falcon
And I Grab And Hold A Guy And He Falcon Punches.(Tip:When
Someone Has A Hammer,Chuck Link's Bombs At Them,And While They're Stuned,ATTACK!)

Fox:
About The Same As Link.

C.Falcon:
I Rack Up Their Dammage,And They Get Nocked Far,Then I Meet
Them Of The Edge With An Up+B,I Always Win!(Tip:Jump And Do
Falcon Punch,It Alwalys Works!)

Samus:
I Bacicly Shoot Them With My Gun,And Drop Bombs From Over Head.

I Can't Wait For Melee!!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Stormbringer [/i]
[B]I guess my main gripe with Pikachu is that when people start with him, they wuss out on learning to play with other people. I try to rotate between my best 4 characters every other round or so.[/B][/QUOTE]
My favorite character is Pikachu, but it was about the third to last character I got good with. The first character that I got good with was Mario.
I also switch characters every match, and I play with five minute matches.

If you don't like playing cheap, then you must really hate Kirby. If your opponent has about %20 or more, you can kill them by using your Down+A Air attack on them while they're off the edge. It makes them spin, so they can't jump for a second or two. By that time, they're usually dead or to far down to jump back onto the platform.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry[/i][B]
Ughhh. . I think some people are buying too much into rumors =P I think we will all have to wait to see what characters are in and which are not. I keep reading new lists everyday, and it makes me laugh that almost no one has any real clues. Some forums have pictures as proof, and I think a list was posted on the first page. . but still, you never can tell. Could be someone just having some fun *shrug*[/B][/QUOTE]
Personally, I don't believe any sources besides Nintendo itself and a few other sources that are reliable.

Btw, have any of you seen the TV commercial for Super Smash Bros? It was hilarious!

[B]
Personally, I don't believe any sources besides Nintendo itself and a few other sources that are reliable.

Btw, have any of you seen the TV commercial for Super Smash Bros? It was hilarious! [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]Well, I have seen a few different commercials. . so which one are you talking about? ^_^

As for Kirby's down and A attack. . many others have that type of attack, and all of them are just as deadly :naughty:

Only 3 more days ^_^ Almost as phsyced about this game as I was with the GAMECUBE itself. . almost~ . .LOL[/SIZE][/COLOR]

It's the one where a bunch of people are in suits that look like Nintendo characters. One of them accidentally trips one of the others, and the fight ensuses. At the end, it shows Yoshi hitting DK with a hammer. :laugh:
I've got to find it to download somewhere. It's my favorite video game commercial. 2nd goes to the Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island commercial.

[B]It's the one where a bunch of people are in suits that look like Nintendo characters. One of them accidentally trips one of the others, and the fight ensuses. At the end, it shows Yoshi hitting DK with a hammer. :laugh:
I've got to find it to download somewhere. It's my favorite video game commercial. 2nd goes to the Super Mario World 2 Yoshi's Island commercial. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]OMG, that sounds totally awesome. I loved the first Super Smash Brothers. They had like 4 of the players running and skipping along, all holding hands, then all of a sudden, Mario turns, and kicks DK in his shin, sending him to the ground, LOL. They all turn and start to fight each other. It was totally awesome.

The one you are discribing sounds just as good if NOT better ^_^ Hope to see it soon. . . well, off to play some more Extreme G3~
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I've only seen the one that I described. Now I want to see the other one too!!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry[/i]
[B]well, off to play some more Extreme G3~[/B][/QUOTE]
You just [I]love[/I] to drive me [more] insane, don't you!!! AAAAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

[SIZE=1]...*shakes uncontrollably*
...*breaks out in a sweat*
.....*dies*

I... I Played... SUPER SMASH BROS: MELEE!!!

*dies for a second time*

NEEEEEEEEEEE

Sorry, but it was so COOL! They have this scenario where there are millions of different colour Kirbies tryin' ta kill you, and an Adventure Mode, it's like Super Mario!!

(too much to tell, come back later when I am alive)[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]...*shakes uncontrollably*
...*breaks out in a sweat*
.....*dies*

I... I Played... SUPER SMASH BROS: MELEE!!!
[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

Darnit! I have to wait 'till Tuesday! You lucky b-tard!

[SIZE=1]Yes YES YES! I live in England too... and it's not out in US even...

ICE CLIMBERS + ZELDA RUUULES!

Zelda has all these psychic attacks and shields and that... she has this move where smoke comes up.. and she turns into Sheik! EXCELLENT YOU MUSSSST PLAY!!!

*dies*[/SIZE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I am so mad. . . I kept reading sites that said they had SSB:M coming out December the 3rd. . the THIRD!!! >_< I checked the papers today, and most have it coming out the 5th, and only Toys'R'Us has it coming out the 4th. . . NOOOOOOOOOO

Now I have to wait an additional DAY, if not two. . . *cries* It just isn't fair. .

Must . . . kill. . . . wrong. . . . information. . . sites. . . [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NorykoAngelcry [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I am so mad. . . I kept reading sites that said they had SSB:M coming out December the 3rd. . the THIRD!!! >_< I checked the papers today, and most have it coming out the 5th, and only Toys'R'Us has it coming out the 4th. . . NOOOOOOOOOO

Now I have to wait an additional DAY, if not two. . . *cries* It just isn't fair. .

Must . . . kill. . . . wrong. . . . information. . . sites. . . [/SIZE][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]
Those sites weren't wrong. Nintendo is releasing SSB Melee on Dec. 3rd, but stores won't be getting it in 'til Dec. 4th or 5th. Sometimes it takes a day or two for a game to ship to the stores.

[SIZE=1]Why didn't you guys pre-order? That's the best thing to do.... my opinion though...

PS. In all my magazines, and on UK game websites, it has the GCN coming out in Spring... but, from here I heard it's coming out in September, WHICH IS IT?![/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]yes NINTENDO.COM says it is the 3rd... and now we wont be putting it out on the shelfs till the 5th cause of the damn paper... WE HAVE IT ALREADY... i hate the damn people who make the paper... i think nintnedo changed the date after the paper was made (a month ago) or something cause shoot i want it today!!!! well pikmin that is[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]Why didn't you guys pre-order? That's the best thing to do.... my opinion though...

PS. In all my magazines, and on UK game websites, it has the GCN coming out in Spring... but, from here I heard it's coming out in September, WHICH IS IT?![/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I never pre-order ^_^ Just don't like to put down that sort of commitment on a game, and turn out that somewhere else has it sooner, or cheaper, or has something else that comes with it for free. I know. . I am wierd like that.

As for the release dates. . many places have it coming out tommorow as well as others coming out Wed. I am most likely going to head back into town tommorow, and try to get it from Toys'R'Us. . even though I REALLY hate them. I actually went all over town today, asking if places had it for sale. . everyone was all being annoying about it, telling me that I SHOULD have pre-ordered it.

I asked them why, and they said the only way to get any of the popular systems or consoles was to pre-order it. One guy got really upset when I said that I just camped the GAMECUBE out. He was like - "Oh . . well, you could have done that too" - LOL, poor idiots.

Another side note. . WHY is everyone STILL saying that the X-Box is the more popular system out now??? . . Nintendo sales are blowing it away. And their games are much higher quality and sales then the X-Box. . *sigh* Poor non-intelligent people. . *sigh*
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=3][FONT=century gothic][COLOR=crimson]because... the people who are getting the x-box will sit and talk about how good it is... where as the people who get the gamecube KNOW how good it is ;)... that and most x-cirlce people are like late 20's vs. us kids getting the gcn lol@us kids and im an adult ROFLMAO... still a teen thou for a few months ;)[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Smoky Joe [/i]
[B]Hmm...At my local EBX they're selling it tomorrow...I don't think I'll be able to sleep today and school will be hell...*sigh* Only 21 hours, 2 minutes and who 2 seconds until I play it for the first time... [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Played it already *smirks*

It is sooooo cool.. *dies*[/SIZE]

[quote][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan[/i][b]
Played it already *smirks*

It is sooooo cool.. *dies*[/b][/quote]
[I]Insanity level goes from [b]100 to 214[/b][/I]
HOW THE ********* DID YOU PLAY IT? AAAAGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!
[I]Insanity Level goes from [b]214 to 357[/b][/I]
*********!!!!!!! I HAVE TO WAIT 21 MORE ******** DAYS!!!!!!!!!
[I]Insanity Level goes from [b]357 to 253[/b][/I]
Okay... calming down...
[I]Insanity Level goes from [b]253 to 492[/b][/I]
******!!! TELL ME HOW YOU PLAYED IT!!!!! AAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! I WANT TO RING SOMEONE'S SCRAWNY LITTLE NECK!!!!!! GGGAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!
[I]Insanity Level goes from [b]492 to 183[/b][/I]
NOW STOP SAYING THAT YOU'VE PLAYED IT!!!!! YOU'RE MAKING ME WANT TO KILL SOMEONE!!!!!!!
[I]Insanity Level returns to [b]100[/b][/I]
ggggrrrrrrrr........
[i]Insanity Level staying at [b]100[/b][/i]
I'm gonna try and get someone to take me out to Wal-Mart or somewhere tomarrow to see if they have it. If they do have it, I'll probablt only get to play it for a couple minutes, but it'll make me less insane... For a few days, anyway...
[i]Insanity Level goes from [b]100 to 110[/b][/i]
*twitch, twitch* I'm getting really hyper. heheheheheheheh...... heeheeheeheeheeheeheheheheeeheheeeeee.......
[i]Insanity Level stays at [b]110[/b][/i]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]WOOHOO~ I finally got my Super Smash Brothers: Melee game ^_^

I am so stoked right now. . only on for a minute before going back to the game. This is just a stunning game all around. The 1-player mode is better then I ever could have imagined, and I am having a total blast playing the multi-player vs. computer characters. I can not wait till I can start to play vs. my r/l friends. . THAT will set a new chapter in my Nintendo life ^_^ Not only is the gameplay almost the same, but all the special items and features that they put in blow me away. And I have not even gotten 10% into the game yet. . *shudders* . . .

Well. . I will leave you with that. A simple taste of what there is to offer. . . Oh, and in case I stop posting here. . forever. . it is because of this game, so don't get too mad at me =) Ok? Well then. . back to the most incredible game I have played!!

LOL, sorry for everyone who has to wait. . this is not meant to be a tease post . . . *shudders again* . . .[/SIZE][/COLOR]