OtakuBoards

What was your first manga?

Filipinorocker1

Guest EvilyKitty
My very first manga was either Marmalde boy or Miracle girls, i was one of them but i cant remeber which i collected first and then collected secound. :catgirl:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE=1]My first manga was Fruits Basket.I asked my friend Smed what I should start with and she said Gravitation,but I read about it on Tokyo-Pop and didn't think I'd like it.And then I saw Fruits Basket on the list.I was curious because I'd heard people talk about it.I read about it and I figured I'd take a look.
And thats basically how it happened.

And my first anime,whether I knew what was going on or not,was Sailor Moon.My friend Kayla and I were obsessed with Salior Moon when we were 6.We'd jump on her couch and pretend we were the Sailor Scouts.I always got to be Serena because I had blonde hair.Kayla was Rae.Now my little sister is obsessed with it because she used to watch it on Cartoon Network before it was pulled.[/SIZE]

[CENTER][SIZE=1]Though I'm amazed noones said these, my firsts were Card Captors, Pokemon, Sailor Moon, and Dragon Ball, all at relatively the same time. Pokemon probably came a few weeks later than the other three. Romember when Toonami's lineup was Card Captors, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, and that cat thing? Yeah, that was a solid five or six years ago. I was... Nine, I believe. Good times.

Y'know, I'm tired of so many people making fun of Pokemon. Seriously, I used to love that show. Up till just recently, I still played the card game. That's the game that taught my little brother how to do math, and the game I play with the kid I babysit. They're so happy when I give them a holo card, it just makes me smile.

Back on subject, I think those are far better than what's on now. In a few years there'll be a thread like this, and everyone will say Astro Boy! and Metabots! I'd take Digimon over them anyday![/SIZE][/CENTER]

One summer day I was at Boarders and wanted to buy sometime to bring to read on an upcoming trip to the beach. Unknowning of the manga world at the time, I saw a shelf with several titles of what looked like interesting comics and finally decided on which one to buy. The chosen one was Brain Powered and was the manga that started my manga obsession. (hahaa... I didn't wait to bring it to the beach; I read it that night ;) )

Guest Kakiyo41
[COLOR=Magenta]The first manga I ever read was Desert Coral. I kept asking my grandma to get me all of them. I have volumes 1-3. it really awsome. A boy named Noato dreams about a world when he sleeps. It a planet called Orgos. The lowermost region on Orgos is called the Abyss. The two tribes that live there are the elphis and the sanddusts. lusia is a sorceress. She is a lucavifate. Lucavifates don't live very long. They only live to like 15 and they may live a few mounths longer and they die. Their powers are uncontrollable and they use it alot and that can drain their life energy. Noato has lendenary powers. He and Lusia are connected because of her magic. In volume 3 levi says that Noato is a god and Noato destroys Orgos. That is all I'm going to tell. You have to get the books to fing out.[/COLOR] ;) :animesigh :D

Hey my friend has desert coral, I've only read I think it was the first one. With the [spoiler]dimensional dragon[/spoiler] and all, but my first Manga was .Hack, Rurouni Kenshin, and Yu yu Hakasho. Mostly all at the same time, or, the same week at least, once you start you can't stop. XD

Guest Kakiyo41
[quote name='Sapphire Flare]Hey my friend has desert coral, I've only read I think it was the first one. With the [spoiler]dimensional dragon[/spoiler'] and all, but my first Manga was .Hack, Rurouni Kenshin, and Yu yu Hakasho. Mostly all at the same time, or, the same week at least, once you start you can't stop. XD[/quote]

You should read #2 and #3 they are really dramatic. I also Like.hack. I also played the games too. I can never stop reading them over and over again. :D :animeswea :animeshy:

[COLOR=Purple]The first manga I have ever owned was King of Bandits Jing. I was pretty much an anime n00b at the time, as me and my cousin who were best friends began our anime collections, we found out about something called manga. Shonen Jump had just started coming out, and I started to get into it. After a while I learned what manga was from reading Shonen Jump. I began to do research on a show called king of Bandits Jing which had its first DVD and manga coming out right before my birthday, and thats when I bought volume 1.

The first manga I had ever actually read was a few months before Shonen Jump. It was Tokyo Mew Mew, because my (other) cousin was into manga and had it. I actually kind of liked it, though I was confused about how to read it.[/COLOR]

Guest juzzam
The fist manga I read was a scanlation of Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
Since then Ive read Kenshin, Eva, Naruto, Bebop, Tenchi, and many more.

My first manga was Love Hina volume no.2.
They didn't have the 1st one and My freind came from korea and brought me a comic book and love hina was in it so i was wondering what the english translation was. It was also my 1st anime dvd. ^_^

Guest redmoonchick
my first manga was lament of the lamb i picked it up by mistake but i'd say the manga that kept me buying was fruits basket

The first manga I ever read was Cowboy Bebop Shooting Star. I didn't really like it so I never bought any other volumes (I love the anime though! :animesmil). The first manga that I bought and still buy is Bleach. Actually besides Shonen Jump, Bleach is the only manga I still buy :animedepr .

Guest kurisuchin
Hi everyone!!

It's a friend that have make me discover the world of manga.I was watching anime though but i didn't know what manga was...(I was not crazy about reading)but when i bought my first manga «rurouni kenshin»i just couldn't stop reading :animeknow
I just have fell in love with this serie and now i have about 25 different series now.
This is soooo expensive!!
But i love all of them :animeswea
CIAO!!