OtakuBoards

What was your first manga?

Filipinorocker1

Guest FearTheFluffy
First manga... hm... I don't remember but the first one I bought was InuYasha volume 9 which turned out to have the very first ep. I had ever seen in it lol. :catgirl:

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My First manga was "Gakuya Ura Ouji" by Sakurakouji Kanoko (a story of a Kabuki dancer and a high school girl)
It's a shoujo manga ^ ^!
I really like her art and her stories ^ ^ ! It's always romantic and makes your heartbeat faster LOL.

Guest Kaylah
My first manga was Alice 19th. I loved it! The artwork and storyline was so great! After reading just the first volume I was hooked! Yuu Watase did a really good job!(My avatar is Alice! :animesmil )

My very first manga was Ranma 1/2... I don't care very much for it now but at the time it was the only anime I knew of (I was... probably 9 years old when I bought it).

Weird thing was the first volume I bought was volume 10... I was just so happy to see something Ranma 1/2 related I picked it up :animesmil At the time the humor sufficed, but now that I look back on the manga I really don't think it was all THAT amusing...

After that I started collecting Fushigi Yuugi and then Tenchi Muyo... :catgirl:

Guest Adamaro
my first manga was in chinese and i dont kno the name of it in english but my first english one was love hina or negima i cant remember they sort of blend together with all the Manga i read, i've known how to speak and read chinese and english since i was 4 :animeknow

[quote name='joshdude89']my first manga was Inuyasha because I watched the show every day. But after I got started on those I started with Naruto, then my friend got me playing the Initial D game in the arcade and then he got me watching the T.V. show and now I am buying the manga for that[/quote]

I have been hearing that Naurto is a good manga...why is it so good? I mean I haven't read it yet but I will soon. :animesmil

• 2 weeks later...
Guest derelict slayer
ine was chrono crusade, that was what basically put anime in my system, and then love hina puts the cra in crazy... :animeknow

[size=4][color=slategray][font=chiller]The first manga DBZ,

I can't say that it was instant attraction because it wasn't. I guess that it was all the generations and the weird charaters that got me. However at the time I was into aliens vs. preditor stuff.

Yeah I know, typical.

On a lighter note I got more involved with the manga stuff when one of friends introduced a much more better manga called Ghost in the Shell.

Now, that my friend was instant attraction.[/font][/color][/size]

Guest darkmoonfox
hmmm... This is a rather hard one^^ To tell you the truth...I can't remember that far backXDlol. how sad...But I do believe that it was magic knight rayearth...i believe about fourth grade as well....That or it was saloir moon(all of them) in 2nd and 3rd gradeXD

Hmm, my first mangas would be Ragnarok and MegaTokyo. Closely followed by Full Metal Alchemist, Fruits Basket, Hana-Kimi, Angel Sanctuary, and Saiyuki. Still, I'm fairly new to the world of manga, only having really getting attached to Fruits Basket and Saiyuki over the summer, and I'm always interested in any good suggestions from others and whats good and whats not.

• 2 weeks later...
Hmmmm...*strokes chin* I believe mine was Demon Diary, but when Hastings didn't have any more volumes ( it stoped after volume 4) my friend got me onto Gravitation, since then I would constanly go from straight to shonen-ai manga's...

But my very first 'official' anime i watch was Cowboy Bebop...I came upon it by mistake one day then started to watch it everytime it came on Saturdays ;) .

Guest Dionythicus
It was Hellsing. Haven't finished the series yet. I've moved on to Tarot Cafe, Fake and Bizenghast, with a side order of Under The Glass Moon.

Guest kunoichi
Yay, my first post! ^^

I remember my first manga...it was Sailor Moon. XD I remember I used to watch it on TV with my stepbrother, and then we went to a flea market in town (I lived in Crestview, FL at the time...I don't remember how old I was. I may have been in like the second grade...) and I saw it. I begged my mom to let me get it, and she finally caved. I was so confused at first because it was so different, but I still liked it.

I've grown out of Sailor Moon now, and on to things like Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle, DNAngel, xXxHolic, Saiyuki, Naruto, GetBackers, King of Bandit Jing...it's amazingf how your tastes change.

My first...hmm...If I remember correctly, mine was Love Hina. So, naturally, I fell in love with manga. I was already going through anime, so whats one more obsession, right? I spend all my hard earned money on the stuff, so now I'm almost always broke 24-7 from manga, anime, and computer stuff. My collection has grown from one Love Hina.

4 Love Hina
2 Negima
1 Inuyasha
2 Onegai Teacher
1 Trigun
2 MegaTokyo *not sure if it counts, but what the heck*
2 Chobits
2 Real Bout Highschool

Gotta love the stuff. Im not even going to get into my anime collection. :animesigh