OtakuBoards

What was your first manga?

Filipinorocker1

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest absent_mind
[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed][B][FONT=Courier New]I must say, my first manga was Sailor Moon... oh yeah. Old school[/FONT][/B] :animeknow [/COLOR] [/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
It started over a year ago when I first got into reading mangas. I found one, called Under the Glass Moon, in the box office (I was working at a movie theater at the time) and since I had nothing else better to do, I read it during my shift. This series unfortunately never got finished or is no longer available in America as far as I know, because only two volumes have come out since then which sucks. I really don't know how to describe the plot of the series except its characters are heavily gothic looking and magicians live among normal people in that universe. It also has some yaoi (I think that's correct term for boy and boy coupling) themes going on in it.

Anyway, I found out it belonged to one of my coworkers who was seriously into manga and loaned me several others, including Mars, Paradise Kiss, Marmalade Boy, and Kodocha. Paradise Kiss drew me in because I found myself relating to the main character's problems with guys, parents, and the infinite question 'why are we here?', and Mars because of the artwork and plot. After that, I've been hooked ever since, not to mention seriously broke at the end of every month. :animecry:

• 1 year later...
My first manga was Fruits Basket. Didn't know that mangas exsist until I worked in a book store and it was hard not to notice them on the way to the break room (they have two different areas for them depending on the age level of them and there are a couple displays in other areas of the store). It was also the introduction to the anime/manga world beyond sailor moon, dbz, and pokemon. (A little limited when you are in a country that you don't speak the language and books that I can read I have to order on line.) Since then my little collection has grown alot and have been introducing them to the poeple around me. :D:catgirl:

• 2 weeks later...
megaman nt warrior of course! how could i not get my fave aniem in maga form?! i found it by accident though which is kinda funny if u think about it. i had trouble reading it backwards at first but i got used to it lol ^^. and i enjoyed it like heck!!! was great!!![COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][INDENT][SIZE="2"][B]mangamaniack21[/B], please improve your posts. Correct spelling, good grammar and capitalization as well as punctuation just make it easier for others to understand your posts. ~Aaryanna[/SIZE][/INDENT][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]^ Same here. First manga was [b]Naruto[/b]. I would go so far to say that I've became addicted to it at one point, but as soon as I saw it on Toonami for the 1st time, and as soon as I started reading [b]Bleach[/b] my interest in Naruto grew very thin. (I even stopped reading it at one point as well.) I still read it, but I don't follow it as much though.[/COLOR]

• 3 weeks later...
First manga...well I can't remember which one it was exactly but it was either X by Clamp or .hack//The Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. I know I had read the .hack series at a friends place before I bought it and then I only bought the third which is the main reason I'm not sure if I bought that before volume 1 of X.

• 3 months later...
[quote name='SunfallE']I remember the first one I read quite well as it has only been a year. I was watching part of Yu-Gi-Oh and I just couldn't believe it was that stupid. Parts of it just made no sense to me, and since I couldn't get an un-edited version to watch I decided to try reading the Manga books. So I got the first three and I absoutely loved it! So naturally that got me thinking about other anime I had watched and now I have lots of manga books from different series. :animesmil[/QUOTE]
Yay! Another Yu-Gi-Oh fan!!!! I started with The Ring. My aunt got me started.(Thank you Aunt Susan!)