OtakuBoards

What was your first manga?

Filipinorocker1

Death Note. I caught my friend reading it in the hallway, peeked over her shoulder, caught the words "FBI," and "killings," and was like, "Oh mi gosh! You are letting me read this right NAO!"

...not seriously, but I was pretty excited. I finished that series, then I borrowed Buso Renkin, Rurouni Kenshin (still reading it), and a bit of Samurai Champloo from her. I just started my own collection with Black Cat. Six books in two days. I'm addicted.:animesmil

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[SIZE="3"]My first Manga was GTO.. It had a good storline and very funny situations that onizuka encountered on the way.. but then i never got into it after the 2 volumes i bought.. Then evenutally my friend introduced me to my second manga called King of Hell.. This one i couldn't stop laughing and reading it at the same time because of the main character in it, named Majeh ^__^ Mann that guy was comical in all the stuff that he does..[/SIZE]

The first ever manga I ever bought/read was Ragnarok. I guess you can say I was interested in the manga because I was a Ragnarok Online addict , so I wanted to see if it was just as good. Back in the day, I thought it was a fun read… then again I was a small child.

My first manga was Love Hina, It was one of my most memorable summers that year I remember heading down to the library basically everyday waiting for a new release then they were taken off the shelves for being to "risque". I worked all that summer and my entire savings went to the purchasing of the entire series and after that my shelves started stalking more and more. It brought me into the world of manga and introduced me to the Idea of Harem manga. Now I found my obsession.

Second Manga I started was Iron Wok Jan and if anybody can tell me where I can find the series or if they know somebody willing to part with it I would greatly appreciate it as my collection will not be complete without it. :animecry:

My first manga was either Neon Genesis Evangelion or Ranma 1/2. Those were both at the library in my hometown back when I didn't have money for manga...wait I still don't. Anyway, Ranma was so surprising. I'm sure people gave me weird looks as I was sitting in the library laughing at those. Evangelion was so interesting. The manga prompted me to watch the anime, but I still like the manga better. It was more fast paced yet still more dramatic. Plus, it leaves more to the imagination, which I always like.

[color=#9933ff]My very first manga was [B]Sailor Moon[/B] and I used to love it. I even had nearly the entire set of 18 manga- that's about 1800 USD$ But then I got bored with it all. Tis a shame really since now the manga is worth a lot of money. Time for me to hit up Empire Comics!

My second manga is the other old stand by [B]Fushigi Yugi[/B]. Yeah I love shoujo manga with the cute guys. All the better to draw with.[/color]

My first was a copy of Anima+, I borrowed from my best friend. We were doing homework or something across the table from each other or something I when she turned my book I made a joke about my being able to read upside-down, but not backwards. She laughed and said, "I bet you'd love Manga, though".

I asked her what a mange was. Shocked she, immediatly took my tot her bookshelf, and pulled down a couple copies and showed me how to read them. I finished the first one in two hours. When I told her how much I had injoyed it she said. "Wait till you see the anime!" I had to tell her I didn't know what that was either. So, she went on animefuel.com and started showing me the original Naruto. In one day, I had gone from an anime illiterate, to a major fan!

I think my very first was Naruto, when it was first being published in Shounen Jump. My friend who had a subscription let me borrow it back in middle school.

I'd seen Sailor Moon, DBZ, Tenchi, etc. on Toonami, but I hadn't really heard of manga. So that was an interesting experience. I also got into One Piece around that time. But series like that I just have a hard time keeping up on, especially if it doesn't keep me entertained the entire way through.

• 1 month later...
My very first manga... I fcame across it accidently. It was some short story about a neko-girl fighting some monsters (0.o)... Of course I can't remember its name and all my search of it wasn't successful. Then came Alice 19. All this I found in the Internet as printed manga is not that spread in my country...

[quote name='NedzumiNya']My very first manga... I fcame across it accidently. It was some short story about a neko-girl fighting some monsters (0.o)... Of course I can't remember its name and all my search of it wasn't successful.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff][size=4][font=monotype corsiva]Sounds like you may have read [B]Tokyo Mew Mew[/B]. But that's just my guess. It's the closest I could come up with when you mentioned neko girls. It is a very cool Manga.[/color][/font][/size]

[quote name='ChibiHorsewoman'][color=#9933ff][size=4][font=monotype corsiva]Sounds like you may have read [B]Tokyo Mew Mew[/B]. But that's just my guess. It's the closest I could come up with when you mentioned neko girls. It is a very cool Manga.[/color][/font][/size][/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is not but thank you for help!

My very first manga was actually the ninth volume of InuYasha. I was such a 'tard for the show and that particular volume had story which had yet to be introduced in the anime.
From there, it went to Ranma 1/2. I had no idea it was so... revealing, especially in the beginning. Funny that my older brother started reading Ranma shortly after I did.

• 5 weeks later...
[quote name='Filipinorocker1']What is the very first manga you ever read? Mine was Ragnarok. After reading that manga I just couldnt stop going into bookstores and looking at which manga looks interesting. Ever since then I started reading D.N. Angel, Escaflowne and Negima and I started buying anime magazines. Hah, I sound like an obsessed nerd. But im not. So just post you answer. :animesmil[/QUOTE]

my first manga was yugioh because that was cool back then no i read naruto, bleach and one peice