OtakuBoards

My Portfolio

han ki-tae

Hello everybody, I'm new here and like some of you I LOVE to draw, especially anime and manga. So, to begin my OB existence I'm going to post some of my works, one by one, and please, give me some feedback on them.

This first one is a girl. She's like ascending underwater. I goes with another picture that I'm finishing, wich is a boy descending towards her. It was made to be hung on the walls in my room.

I love to draw hair and you will probably see that (took me a while to figure out how hair behaves in a braid though.)

Hope you all like it.

PS: I also had a full color one, but I'll have to reduce the size of it in order to post it here. till then, stick with my monocromatic underwater girl.

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Wow, I like. What art media did you use on it? Just ink? And... How did you make such an awesome background? (Did you do that one the computer?)

I love to draw. My stuff is a little more... Toony than yours. That's just my style, I guess. I absolutely love it. There is only one teensy tiny problem I have (And it would make no difference if it was fully colored...) But when you look at the arm in comparison to the other arm, it doesn't look as... Natural as it should. The sleeve is very breezy, and it causes some confusion to where one thing ends and another begins. You could possibly fix this problem by adding more depth to the arms, maybe pull the left one out at a bit of an angle, so it isn't quite as paralell to the right. It's all in the perspective.

One thing I absolutely LOVE is the wave of the hair. You made it so nice and clean. I love to draw hair, but I can never get braids just right.

You pulled this off awesome. I really want to start a thread featuring my works, but my scanner is on the fritz, so maybe another day.

9.5/10 Awesome![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Thanks for such a nice score. I feel the same way about the arms, my perspective is just not working right latelly... It wasn't like that before..... hehe.

About the background, there's ot much to it. I basically used the crome effect from photoshop. Of course there was this and that but, like I said, it was all in the crome effect.

THe original art was ink. I'm TRYING to upload the full color now. I had to reduce the resolution, so let me know what you though about it, sakura - even though I know it's kinda bright.

see ya.

[CENTER][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=1][FONT=Tahoma]Love it. Absolutely love it. When it's not just shades of blue, you can really see more of the shadowing going on.

Colors are all bright yet cool, like the water itself. Awesome! And the color really brings out the eyes. I would say something critictizing to help you improve, but there's not much bad to say, really. *Shrugs* I'll look back and see if I can find anything.

Another thing I'd like to comment on is the beauty in the texture. You did an amazing job with that!

This one I'd give a 9.7/10 (You can never quite reach perfect ^^) But far better than nearly all of my current works. (I don't edit mine in PSP anymore, I just leave it black and white. I did, but it just got too tedious. And my scanner's broken... Or just picky.) Awesome![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]

[COLOR=Indigo]First of all, I would like to say that I love the drawing itself. I would have liked to see more action in the figure, since you said she is supposed to be swimming underwater, but I do like how the hair and the clothing seem to flow.

To be honest, I like the blue-tinted one more than the full colored one, since it gives the picture more of an underwater look. I would suggest playing with the color and the shadows, though -- try to establish where exactly she is underwater. Is she deep under the waves, or is she heading for the surface? I can't really tell that well, so, if you want to make it look more realistic, I would try to work on that.

My least favorite part of the picture is the background, by far. It just doesn't... fit with the gentleness of the picture. It looks too harsh to be water, really. Try drawing out the water yourself in ink -- you obviously have the talent, so go for it all the way.

Overall, I give the first picture an 8.5/10, and the second picture a 7.5/10. Keep up the good work![/COLOR]

[COLOR=#7C0201][SIZE=1]God, man! Best drawing to ever grace Art Studio since I first joined OB. Gotta hand it to you, kiddo; you've got some serious talent in those hands!

The hair looks really natural. It's as if it was drawn by an artist from CLAMP! Her profile looks excellent. And don't worry, her arms looks fine. There's nothing wrong with them. [quote name='snarktastic][COLOR=Indigo']My least favorite part of the picture is the background, by far. It just doesn't... fit with the gentleness of the picture. It looks too harsh to be water, really. Try drawing out the water yourself in ink -- you obviously have the talent, so go for it all the way.[/COLOR][/quote]Seconded.
(Or you could stick with a solid white background)

♥ [b]10/10[/b] for the lineart ♥
Need. More. Drawings.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Thanks everybody! I'm glad you all liked it. I'll keep in mind the comments about the background. As I said before I still have to finish the guy that is going to be descending towards her underwater, and since they are going to share the same background I'm waiting until then to create it. But, you guys, gues what: I forgot the bubbles coming out of her nose and mouth!! They were in the original drawing but then as went into the PC i completelly forgot! Hehe I'll have that fixed later.

Please don't compare me to CLAMP. I know I'm not worth it, hehehe. (thank you though)

Since everybody has nice avis and banner I decided that before I finish the picture I was working on I should create myself a banner ;) Said and done! HEre it goes, hope you all like it.
[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23762[/IMG]

[COLOR=#7C0201][SIZE=1][quote name='han ki-tae']Please don't compare me to CLAMP. I know I'm not worth it, hehehe. (thank you though)[/quote]Alright, how about that mangaka Kazuya Minekura? MAD drawing skills. Draws lovely hair. Yep, your drawing reminds me of her works, Saiyuki most of all.

[i]Absolutely delish~[/i] ♥

By George, now that's an appropriate background. Finally got that part nailed down, yeah? ^_~ Works really well with the subject. Perhaps you could change the font. Something more manga-ish? Or maybe you can add monochromatic noise over it, just to tie it up to the rough-lookin' banner.

More![/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=ouhokan]exellent work. now i have a drawing i want you to look at,

worked on at mocrosoft paint program on windows 98.[/QUOTE]Please, this is not your thread. Make a new one if you wish to show your artwork.

hello, everybody! I'm still alive. since it's been five or six days I dont post anything AND it's my day off I decided I HAVE to. hope you like it. I was trying to do something a little diferent of my usual. And , yes, I'm still stuck with the guy under the sea (more because I didnt touch it in a week than anything else). 1

The picture I'm sending was made in one of my attempts to draw kids (dont know if I did it right - it's up to u to judge). I love brownish colors they give a feeling like as if you are seeing a very old photo. I think since it reminds the past, it also reminds innocence and a time when we didnt know much. I love hair (I just hope it wasnt too messy, hehe, even though she is a kid she probably has a mother to was for her hair).

Thanks for everybody that post so far. And I really love the work from the artist you guys mentioned (even though I cant quite remember her name right now - i'm like that sorry). I havent seen much of her work but what I saw i liked VERI VERI MUCH (thats my brazilian accent). Love hair so you know.....

Please let me know what you tough about it.

Just now I realized I forgot to put buttons in her clothes. *goes to fix this* FIXED

your artworks are great!i like to draw too but i'm not very good and i cant draw anything other than the face and hair properly for some freaking reason.and i don't really know how to colour or shade so they're usually pretty plain too.i can't colour in the computer or by hand so...its always black and white :animeswea

[CENTER][SIZE=1]This one isn't bad, I personally like the underwater girl more. This one looks kinda... 2-dimentional. There isn't any dimention in her eyes. Her outfit is really nice lloking, but 'clean' isn't the word I'm looking for, mostly owing to the fact that this is a more scetchy piece. Don't get me wrong, this piece is brilliant, but you want to get even better, right? Well, you get better by practice and listening to crit.

Another thing I'd like to mention is the realistic feel of the hair and clothes. These were done perfectly, and match the background really nicely. Probably the only thing I'd change is the eyes. A different shape might fit this better, and definitely some more sparke and dimention.[/SIZE][/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][color=#DC9B99]Nice drawings. ^_^

I like the first and last one. I have to agree that, for the first drawing, it's better with the blue hue than the coloured one because it goes well with the background and gives that underwater effect that you intended. The other version doesn't have the same effect but the colouring on it is good.

The last drawing you did is really cute. The brownish shade is perfect for the old photo and innocence but you wanted to show. Personally, I like that it's a bit sketchy and blurry and gives that dreamy look. Oh, and I just wanna suggest that you try to give it a 'finished' effect. Like a border, or something, maybe.

You're really good at hairs. I like drawing hairs too but, compared to you, I suck. lol And I wish I could learn how to colour my drawings someday.

Keep up the good work and we're waiting for that guy under the sea. ^_~[/color][/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='PAche']your artworks are great!i like to draw too but i'm not very good and i cant draw anything other than the face and hair properly for some freaking reason.and i don't really know how to colour or shade so they're usually pretty plain too.i can't colour in the computer or by hand so...its always black and white :animeswea[/quote]Please refrain from sharing your own experiences, and get to actually commenting and critiquing the artwork of the person who made the thread. Thanks. ^_~

That doesn't go for just you; a few others need to be reminded to use constructive criticism as well.

Something about this whole thing smells fishy to me, but I have nothing to put my thumb on... I'd love to believe you were legit, and if you are you are fantastic. Little I can honestly say negative, background choice is about it. Maybe try an actual scene of something behind... like a city in the distance or something.

hello, guys, it's been a while since i last posted something over here. I just got a new job and it's been kinda hard to find time to finish up the pics. The only time i have to draw is on the train... hehhe Well, then, however, i'm just posting a unfinished picture that I'm working on, and I'll edit the post later with the finished version. But please dont hesitate to give me your opinion.

About the underwater guy..... it's coming, I promise I'll finish him someday not so far away hehhe.

see ya!!

i know about the background... I didn't pay much atention to it since it wasnt going to be final, hehhe I guess I should huh? It is my first time trying to use real life pictures to blend with my pics. I intend to use something like that for the back ground and I'd ike to know what do you guys think.... be frank.

I've got a lot of hair to colour so see you soon. Respond as soon as you can.

EDIT: just now I noticed: the tone patter didn't come out right, so just consider the picture for the background kay?

[CENTER][SIZE=1]I personally like this background a whole lot better. It matches much more than your past few have, (Not trying to demean them, they were frickin awesome!) and it has a kind of... Nicer feel to it than the computer-generated-looking ones. I bow down to your greatness ^ ^

Another thing though, I'd like to mention that your style is simply... Oh, how to put it... Amazing and unique. (Out of lack for better words) You are one of the only anime artists I've seen that actually has thier own style and sticks with it. I'd love to see you keep it up! (And I'm quite flattered that you like my sense of art.)

I still can't wait to see the water guy, han ki-tae ~_^[/SIZE][/CENTER]

• 10 months later...
Sorry I did not reply for sooooooo long. I was unemployed for a very long time looking for a job, and then I FOUND ONE. I've being pretty busy with trainings and such plus my regular activities so I haven't been drawing much. i promise I'll start postingmy drawings again. See ya then...................... I missed u guys.

[quote name='han ki-tae']Sorry I did not reply for sooooooo long. I was unemployed for a very long time looking for a job, and then I FOUND ONE. I've being pretty busy with trainings and such plus my regular activities so I haven't been drawing much. i promise I'll start postingmy drawings again. See ya then...................... I missed u guys.[/quote]

Haha, congrats on getting a job.

I'm amazed on how well you draw.
So, I'll be sure to sit here and root you on!
Now, I wasn't here when you left... But don't do it again!
You draw too good for that!

Here goes a little sketch i did while half asleep hehehe, badly colored should I say. and some of my drooling directly made on PhotoShop. I've been developing a liking for chibi and caricatures....... cant help it.

those are just while I work on a decent pic okay? hehe

Your work is amazing.

This new colored girl is better than I could have ever done.

Reffering to the "Unfinished Kiss", It's awesome. The hair is beautifully detailed and the faces are very well proportioned. You're good at profiles.

The guy's nose looks a little too pointy and his ear a little large, though.
and the second background does match better.

With the colored girl, I really like the facial structure, I've always loved that certain face shape.
and are those light rays photoshopped, or are you just awesome?

I do think the hair looks a little too "chunky". I know that's a style used alot, but it was never my thing.

For a quick sketch, though, it's just great.

This one now is a very quick sketch of Elizabeth from "pride and prejudice". I just love the book and looooooved the movie. And, besides, she is really cute. So, even though It's 3AM I HAD to draw her. I might do a more detailed version later though. hehehe.

And, yes, the light rays are photoshoped. hehehe

See ya.

[quote name='han ki-tae']This one now is a very quick sketch of Elizabeth from "pride and prejudice". I just love the book and looooooved the movie. And, besides, she is really cute. So, even though It's 3AM I HAD to draw her. I might do a more detailed version later though. hehehe. See ya.[/quote]

Thats a quick skech?
Man, you make me feel bad.
I know that I can't do that good at this moment.
Maybe someday you can teach me?

I was also wondering, how did you start out?
I mean, I been waiting for someone to be good enough for me to ask that.
So, please answer!

thanks for your time,

David